What is the express image of God?

StanJ

:idunno: what you're talking about. John was a Jew. The only one of the Gospel writer who was not a Jew was Luke. :think:

He might be confused with Luke, but it doesn't really matter, because John didn't write the Gospel with his name on it, Lazarus did.

keypurr

No keypurr, Jesus is/was the EXACT REPRESENTATION of God in a physical union called the hypostasis. No matter how many times you make this false assertion, it will NEVER be true.

I disagree friend

As John 1:1 says the WORD and God are one and the same, and as John 1:14 says the WORD was incarnated in Jesus, you are REFUTED.
You God is NOT the God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob, not the God of the NT.

You have no idea what John 1 is telling you.

How, in your own words, did the word get incarnated in Jesus?

We are wide apart.

keypurr

I try as well keypurr, but as you constantly and condescendingly question EVERY persons ability to understand God's word, who does not agree with you, then I have to step it up a bit. YOU my friend, are teaching heresy. You are teaching what Arius was refuted for in the 4th century AD. As YOUR God is NOT the God of the Bible and as you have been thoroughly refuted every time, your only defence is to state others don't know enough, when in fact others KNOW far more than you do as regards their faith in their God and savior, AND His written word. If you refuse to recognize the true teaching of God in the Bible and you refuse to acknowledge that the majority here have refuted your false teaching, then you are indeed DECEIVED.
Not ALL the piousness in the world can make your POV true or acceptable.
It is God's way....period.

So says Stan. It is not me who has buried his head in the sand, it is you Stan. We all are still learning, your not.

I do not follow the majority for they are on the wrong path, you do. Arius was right on. He preached truth. You do not see God's way, there is so much you have not seen and refuse to see. My God is the God of my Lord Jesus Christ. You refuse to deal with that.

StanJ

I disagree friend

That's fine...take it up with God. My responsibility is to "rightly divide the word of truth", not make you believe it.

You have no idea what John 1 is telling you.
How, in your own words, did the word get incarnated in Jesus?
We are wide apart.

Typical response from someone who knows even less.
John 1:14 is very clear but feel free to keep reading the whole chapter until God gets through to you.
Yes we are, and the wide road is the road to destruction.

StanJ

So says Stan. It is not me who has buried his head in the sand, it is you Stan. We all are still learning, your not.

I do not follow the majority for they are on the wrong path, you do. Arius was right on. He preached truth. You do not see God's way, there is so much you have not seen and refuse to see. My God is the God of my Lord Jesus Christ. You refuse to deal with that.

Yes, and the fact that you don't exegete but simply deny by being condescending, shows very clearly you can't support your position.
Jesus was Thomas' Lord and God, as John 20:28 (NIV) shows, the one you pledge allegiance to is NOT that Jesus Christ.
Dealt with again for who knows how many times. You read the word but NOTHING sinks in, BECAUSE, you are APOSTATE.

daqq

Yes, and the fact that you don't exegete but simply deny by being condescending, shows very clearly you can't support your position.
Jesus was Thomas' Lord and God, as John 20:28 (NIV) shows, the one you pledge allegiance to is NOT that Jesus Christ.
Dealt with again for who knows how many times. You read the word but NOTHING sinks in, BECAUSE, you are APOSTATE.

Originally Posted by StanJ
As John 1:1 says the WORD and God are one and the same, and as John 1:14 says the WORD was incarnated in Jesus, you are REFUTED.

That's fine...take it up with God. My responsibility is to "rightly divide the word of truth", not make you believe it.

John 1:14 is very clear but feel free to keep reading the whole chapter until God gets through to you.

That is not "rightly dividing" as you keep self righteously proclaiming of yourself but rather called word sorcery, like Bar-Jesus son of Jesus, as has already been shown of you before when you rejected the words and teachings of Yeshua already in this thread. Nowhere does John 1:14 say anything about the "incarnation" of the man Jesus, nor does it even contain the name of Jesus, but rather YOU must insert your own dogma into the passage to force it to say what YOU SAY that it absolutely must say because if not your dogma will implode.

John 1:14 ASV
14. And the Word became flesh, and dwelt among us (and we beheld his glory, glory as of the only begotten from the Father), full of grace and truth.

This type of "seeing", ("we beheld" in the above passage) is not physical seeing with the eyes of the flesh because in the same passage the author clearly states that NO ONE HAS SEEN GOD AT ANY TIME, (John 1:18). If you do not change your own mindset to conform to the scripture, and begin walking according to the Spirit, (of the Word) as even Paul warns, then you will never see the critical spiritual and supernal things of the kingdom of God. In addition there has already been a lengthy discussion about the Logos here and your dogma falls flat on its face when compared to the Testimony of Yeshua himself and what he teaches concerning the Logos, (whom Yeshua says will be the Judge in the Last Day as opposed to himself). If only you would have humbled yourself to the Word and forced yourself to answer the difficult questions and statements which were already put forward to you earlier in this thread. Now it is too late: StanJ is the one who is the "APOSTATE", the "FALSE ACCUSER", and a BAR-JESUS son of Jesus word sorcerer with the spirit of Elymas whispering in his ear how right and righteous he is in his condemnation of others; a full time scripture subverter, perverter, and spiritual Sodomite, forcing himself and his own will upon both the scripture and those who disagree with his wonton spiritual fornication with the doctrines of carnal seventeen hundred year old men. And as already said; just like his fathers, murder-death-kill, all the day long: but the spirit of Elymas that whispers in your ear has two horns like a lamb and speaks like a dragon, and StanJ himself has the mouth of a lion. For whatsoever comes out from the mouth of the man proceeds from the heart of the man in the doctrine of Yeshua; for out of the heart proceed evil thoughts, murders, adulteries, fornications, thefts, false witness, and blasphemies: for the heart of the man is given over to the beast of a great lioness. Won't be long now, eh Stan? A she-bear robbed of her cubs is surely on her way, then comes a leopardess, and before you know it you find yourself wed to the queen of the south Sheba-Seven heads as in the days of Noah. "And who shall live when EL doeth this?" :crackup:

keypurr

Then do it Stan. I do not see you rightly dividing the scriptures.

Yes we are, and the wide road is the road to destruction.

Jesus was born flesh, he did not become flesh.

Early translations use the word "IT" not "HE" in John 1.

It would be worth your time to check it out. The word is NOT Jesus, it is the spirit that was IN Jesus.

To see truth requires thinking, try it.

StanJ

Then do it Stan. I do not see you rightly dividing the scriptures.

I have, and I'm sure you do, but agreeing is another matter all together. All you seem to do is deny, but make no counter posts.

Jesus was born flesh, he did not become flesh.

Is this back peddling I see? You did say CREATED initially and now you're saying born? Yes, Jesus was born, but the WORD became flesh IN Jesus. That is what incarnation is all about and is obviously something you don't understand or won't accept.

Early translations use the word "IT" not "HE" in John 1.

Really? Which EARLY translations? The one the JWs use?

It would be worth your time to check it out. The word is NOT Jesus, it is the spirit that was IN Jesus.
To see truth requires thinking, try it.

This is presumptive on your part, and shows a complete lack of comprehension that I actually haven't done so and typical of your style.
No substance just condescending rhetoric. SHOW us.
The truth only requires believing and accepting what God says. The rest comes by learning His Written Word, not by falling into apostasy.

StanJ

That is not "rightly dividing" as you keep self righteously proclaiming of yourself but rather called word sorcery, like Bar-Jesus son of Jesus, as has already been shown of you before when you rejected the words and teachings of Yeshua already in this thread. Nowhere does John 1:14 say anything about the "incarnation" of the man Jesus, nor does it even contain the name of Jesus, but rather YOU must insert your own dogma into the passage to force it to say what YOU SAY that it absolutely must say because if not your dogma will implode.

John 1:14 ASV
14. And the Word became flesh, and dwelt among us (and we beheld his glory, glory as of the only begotten from the Father), full of grace and truth.

This type of "seeing", ("we beheld" in the above passage) is not physical seeing with the eyes of the flesh because in the same passage the author clearly states that NO ONE HAS SEEN GOD AT ANY TIME, (John 1:18). If you do not change your own mindset to conform to the scripture, and begin walking according to the Spirit, (of the Word) as even Paul warns, then you will never see the critical spiritual and supernal things of the kingdom of God. In addition there has already been a lengthy discussion about the Logos here and your dogma falls flat on its face when compared to the Testimony of Yeshua himself and what he teaches concerning the Logos, (whom Yeshua says will be the Judge in the Last Day as opposed to himself). If only you would have humbled yourself to the Word and forced yourself to answer the difficult questions and statements which were already put forward to you earlier in this thread. Now it is too late: StanJ is the one who is the "APOSTATE", the "FALSE ACCUSER", and a BAR-JESUS son of Jesus word sorcerer with the spirit of Elymas whispering in his ear how right and righteous he is in his condemnation of others; a full time scripture subverter, perverter, and spiritual Sodomite, forcing himself and his own will upon both the scripture and those who disagree with his wonton spiritual fornication with the doctrines of carnal seventeen hundred year old men. And as already said; just like his fathers, murder-death-kill, all the day long: but the spirit of Elymas that whispers in your ear has two horns like a lamb and speaks like a dragon, and StanJ himself has the mouth of a lion. For whatsoever comes out from the mouth of the man proceeds from the heart of the man in the doctrine of Yeshua; for out of the heart proceed evil thoughts, murders, adulteries, fornications, thefts, false witness, and blasphemies: for the heart of the man is given over to the beast of a great lioness. Won't be long now, eh Stan? A she-bear robbed of her cubs is surely on her way, then comes a leopardess, and before you know it you find yourself wed to the queen of the south Sheba-Seven heads as in the days of Noah. "And who shall live when EL doeth this?"

Apparently it took you a while to come up with this drivel daqq? It would be obvious to a grade schooler just learning English that John 1 is describing the actual Son of God and how He came to be. Refusing to accept what the author AND John the Baptist said about Jesus just further condemns you.
Throwing back assessments of who you are on this forum, is another typical childish reaction, that carries no weight whatsoever here.
As I told your pal keypurr, if you can't prove your assertions, then move on. I think it would be best for you to NOT post and keep people wondering if you really are a false teacher, than posting and removing all doubt.

daqq

Apparently it took you a while to come up with this drivel daqq? It would be obvious to a grade schooler just learning English that John 1 is describing the actual Son of God and how He came to be. Refusing to accept what the author AND John the Baptist said about Jesus just further condemns you.
Throwing back assessments of who you are on this forum, is another typical childish reaction, that carries no weight whatsoever here.
As I told your pal keypurr, if you can't prove your assertions, then move on. I think it would be best for you to NOT post and keep people wondering if you really are a false teacher, than posting and removing all doubt.

It is you who took a day and a half to respond to my comments. Sorry for your left handed scapegoat luck but as far as I know I am still extended the privilege of posting here. And as for what I said it is according to the scripture but you fail to recognize the truth when it stares you in the face and likewise you fail to realize the fact that as soon as you begin to judge others, as you have done here from the start, (while not being able to prove what you say in your false accusations of calling others false teachers) you place yourself right back under the Law, and Prophets, and not one iota or horn will pass from the Law until your heavens and your earth pass away for that matter. How can you feel you have the right to judge others when you cannot even answer their questions put to you from what is written in what we call scripture?

Matthew 7:1-12
1. Judge not, that ye be not judged.
2. For with what judgment ye judge, ye shall be judged: and with what measure ye mete, it shall be measured to you again.
3. And why beholdest thou the mote that is in thy brother's eye, but considerest not the beam that is in thine own eye?
4. Or how wilt thou say to thy brother, Let me pull out the mote out of thine eye; and, behold, a beam is in thine own eye?
5. Thou hypocrite, first cast out the beam out of thine own eye; and then shalt thou see clearly to cast out the mote out of thy brother's eye.
6. Give not that which is holy unto the dogs, neither cast ye your pearls before swine, lest they trample them under their feet, and turn again and rend you.
7. Ask, and it shall be given you; seek, and ye shall find; knock, and it shall be opened unto you:
8. For every one that asketh receiveth; and he that seeketh findeth; and to him that knocketh it shall be opened.
9. Or what man is there of you, whom if his son ask bread, will he give him a stone?
10. Or if he ask a fish, will he give him a serpent?
11. If ye then, being evil, know how to give good gifts unto your children, how much more shall your Father which is in heaven give good things to them that ask him?
12. Therefore all things whatsoever ye would that men should do to you, do ye even so to them: for this is the law and the prophets.

There it is plain as day Stan: the Torah and the Prophets, and because you cannot prove any of your false accusations, calling others false teachers and apostates, and yet you yourself have no answers for what was already put to you from the scripture at the very same time you began to assassinate the characters of others simply because they disagree with your unsupported dogma; you now have clearly put yourself right back under the Law and the Prophets. All things written therein apply therefore to you:

Proverbs 30:11-15 KJV
11. There is a generation [1] that curseth their father, and doth not bless their mother.
12. There is a generation [2] that are pure in their own eyes, and yet is not washed from their filthiness.
13. There is a generation, [3] O how lofty are their eyes! and their eyelids are lifted up.
14. There is a generation, [4] whose teeth are as swords, and their jaw teeth as knives, [Daniel 7:7 teeth of iron] to devour the poor from off the earth, and the needy from among men.
15. The horseleach [5] hath two daughters, [6-7] crying, Give, give. There are three things that are never satisfied, yea, four things say not, It is enough:

Matthew 12:38-45 KJV
38. Then certain of the scribes and of the Pharisees answered, saying, Master, we would see a sign from thee.
39. But he answered and said unto them, An evil and adulterous generation [1] seeketh after a sign; and there shall no sign be given to it, but the sign of the prophet Jonas:
40. For as Jonas was three days and three nights in the whale's belly; so shall the Son of man be three days and three nights in the heart of the earth.
41. The men of Nineveh shall rise in judgment with this generation, [2] and shall condemn it: because they repented at the preaching of Jonas; and, behold, a greater than Jonas is here.
42. The queen of the south shall rise up in the judgment with this generation, [3] and shall condemn it: for she came from the uttermost parts of the earth to hear the wisdom of Solomon; and, behold, a greater than Solomon is here.
43. When the unclean spirit is gone out of a man, he walketh through dry places, seeking rest, and findeth none.
44. Then he saith, I will return into my house from whence I came out; and when he is come, he findeth it empty, swept, and garnished.
45. Then goeth he, and taketh with himself seven other spirits more wicked than himself, and they enter in and dwell there: and the last state of that man is worse than the first. Even so shall it be also unto this wicked generation [4].

Do you also disregard and toss aside the words of Paul when he tells you that you served the prince of the power of the air at one time, (Ephesians 2:2) but that now you have supposedly not received the spirit of the world, (1 Corinthians 2:11-12)? Where do you suppose that unclean spirit of the he-goat not touching the ground went out to when he went forth from you Stan? Is there anything you actually do believe that is written in the holy scriptures? And as I said, next comes the queen of the south, Sheba-Seven heads, and I speak directly from the Testimony of Yeshua: no exceptions to the rule, but if the prince of the power of the air was never cast out of you to begin with then I suppose you need not worry about him returning with seven other spirits more wicked than himself. :crackup:

You do not know the Master so it will be for your own good, (if indeed you overcome in your appointed time). Otherwise you will never truly repent and be saved-delivered. :)

StanJ

It is you who took a day and a half to respond to my comments. Sorry for your left handed scapegoat luck but as far as I know I am still extended the privilege of posting here. And as for what I said it is according to the scripture but you fail to recognize the truth when it stares you in the face and likewise you fail to realize the fact that as soon as you begin to judge others, as you have done here from the start, (while not being able to prove what you say in your false accusations of calling others false teachers) you place yourself right back under the Law, and Prophets, and not one iota or horn will pass from the Law until your heavens and your earth pass away for that matter. How can you feel you have the right to judge others when you cannot even answer their questions put to you from what is written in what we call scripture?

No I took 2 minutes to read and respond. I just don't live on TOL.
What is your mother tongue? BTW, what is your mother tongue, because it sure doesn't sound like it is English?
I didn't say you can't post but then your comprehension level of the English language does seem impaired.
Only Jesus will judge after he returns. What I do is practise exactly what Paul admonishes us to do in 2 Tim 3:16-17 (NIV). As YOU don't practise what Paul also teaches in 2 Tim 2:15. You and your pal keypurr like to bloviate and sound pious about your Arianism, but as soon as your are challenged to react like all darkness does, you retreat from the light and spout vitriolic rhetoric with NO substance. You are NOT fooling anyone here who KNOWS the truth.

There it is plain as day Stan: the Torah and the Prophets, and because you cannot prove any of your false accusations, calling others false teachers and apostates, and yet you yourself have no answers for what was already put to you from the scripture at the very same time you began to assassinate the characters of others simply because they disagree with your unsupported dogma; you now have clearly put yourself right back under the Law and the Prophets. All things written therein apply therefore to you:

I gave my answers and refutation initially, and subsequently respond in kind to what you post, which is nothing more than supercilious garbage.
Like I SAID, IF YOU DON'T WANT TO READ MY RESPONSES THEN STOP REPLYING TO THEM.

Do you also disregard and toss aside the words of Paul when he tells you that you served the prince of the power of the air at one time, (Ephesians 2:2) but that now you have supposedly not received the spirit of the world, (1 Corinthians 2:11-12)? Where do you suppose that unclean spirit of the he-goat not touching the ground went out to when he went forth from you Stan? Is there anything you actually do believe that is written in the holy scriptures? And as I said, next comes the queen of the south, Sheba-Seven heads, and I speak directly from the Testimony of Yeshua: no exceptions to the rule, but if the prince of the power of the air was never cast out of you to begin with then I suppose you need not worry about him returning with seven other spirits more wicked than himself.

What I disregard is people like you that have been refuted and have no further substance in their posts other than to make onerous and fallacious posts that contain NO truth what-so-ever.

You do not know the Master so it will be for your own good, (if indeed you overcome in your appointed time). Otherwise you will never truly repent and be saved-delivered.

Having a false teacher tell me I'm not saved is typical with people of your ilk, because all you do is project your dilemma on others. I'm not worried at about Jesus' return BUT...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NPOb3DlB7WA

keypurr

I have, and I'm sure you do, but agreeing is another matter all together. All you seem to do is deny, but make no counter posts.

Is this back peddling I see? You did say CREATED initially and now you're saying born? Yes, Jesus was born, but the WORD became flesh IN Jesus. That is what incarnation is all about and is obviously something you don't understand or won't accept.

Really? Which EARLY translations? The one the JWs use?

This is presumptive on your part, and shows a complete lack of comprehension that I actually haven't done so and typical of your style.
No substance just condescending rhetoric. SHOW us.
The truth only requires believing and accepting what God says. The rest comes by learning His Written Word, not by falling into apostasy.

Stan check out the Geneva and Bishops Bibles, they were before the KJV. They see the IT in the logos, not a HE. This IT became flesh, this IT spoke through Jesus. this IT is the express image of the Father, a spirit. You have to open your mind friend to what might be true. Never close the door for Jesus might be knocking on it. This is not a presumption on my part, I was blessed to receive this thought. I know your trust is in the NIV, I use that translation also, but I use much more than that. I compare at least six to ten translations to find the content of what I see as being written in scripture. I even have the first edition on the JW Bible. But I am not a JW. I think they know more than most, so do the SDA. That just my opinion.

keypurr

I would assume he is talking way over your ability to understand.

keypurr

No I took 2 minutes to read and respond. I just don't live on TOL.
What is your mother tongue? BTW, what is your mother tongue, because it sure doesn't sound like it is English?
I didn't say you can't post but then your comprehension level of the English language does seem impaired.
Only Jesus will judge after he returns. What I do is practise exactly what Paul admonishes us to do in 2 Tim 3:16-17 (NIV). As YOU don't practise what Paul also teaches in 2 Tim 2:15. You and your pal keypurr like to bloviate and sound pious about your Arianism, but as soon as your are challenged to react like all darkness does, you retreat from the light and spout vitriolic rhetoric with NO substance. You are NOT fooling anyone here who KNOWS the truth.

I gave my answers and refutation initially, and subsequently respond in kind to what you post, which is nothing more than supercilious garbage.
Like I SAID, IF YOU DON'T WANT TO READ MY RESPONSES THEN STOP REPLYING TO THEM.

What I disregard is people like you that have been refuted and have no further substance in their posts other than to make onerous and fallacious posts that contain NO truth what-so-ever.

Having a false teacher tell me I'm not saved is typical with people of your ilk, because all you do is project your dilemma on others. I'm not worried at about Jesus' return BUT...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NPOb3DlB7WA

You should listen to him Stan, he brings a lot of meat to the table.

StanJ

Stan check out the Geneva and Bishops Bibles, they were before the KJV. They see the IT in the logos, not a HE. This IT became flesh, this IT spoke through Jesus. this IT is the express image of the Father, a spirit. You have to open your mind friend to what might be true. Never close the door for Jesus might be knocking on it. This is not a presumption on my part, I was blessed to receive this thought. I know your trust is in the NIV, I use that translation also, but I use much more than that. I compare at least six to ten translations to find the content of what I see as being written in scripture. I even have the first edition on the JW Bible. But I am not a JW. I think they know more than most, so do the SDA. That just my opinion.

So now you also advocate that God is an IT even when the Bible says 'He' in thousands of places? FYI, in Greek and French, unlike English, the nouns carry the gender. I am bilingual in French so I know this. αυτό is NOT in the Greek in John 1:14, autós is and it is a pronoun that renders the two nouns theós and lógos as being the same, also lógos is a masculine noun. Using translations over 500 years old that never availed themselves of all the manuscripts we have today is ridiculous to say the least, and I thought KJVO people were short sighted. Nothing worse than pretenders trying to sound scholarly. No wonder you and daqq are buddies.

keypurr

So now you also advocate that God is an IT even when the Bible says 'He' in thousands of places? FYI, in Greek and French, unlike English, the nouns carry the gender. I am bilingual in French so I know this. αυτό is NOT in the Greek in John 1:14, autós is and it is a pronoun that renders the two nouns theós and lógos as being the same, also lógos is a masculine noun. Using translations over 500 years old that never availed themselves of all the manuscripts we have today is ridiculous to say the least, and I thought KJVO people were short sighted. Nothing worse than pretenders trying to sound scholarly. No wonder you and daqq are buddies.

What does Jesus say? God is a SPIRIT.

A spirit isn IT. We relate to IT by seeing him as a Father, a he.

I have been telling you that for some time now.

Thats why I say that the express image is an IT also.