What is the express image of God?

StanJ

You just don't get it Stan.

God sent the savior, there is no savior without God.

Sometimes English translations cause confusion, your confused and you do not know it. There is only one true God and Jesus has a God. What does that tell you? Think hard.

One God, the father.
Jesus has a God.

Why does that not tell you that Jesus is not God?

No, God IS the savior, as it clearly teaches in both OT & NT.

English does not cause confusion, except to those who use it to equivocate.

Man made catch phrases won't make what you say any truer keypurr. The written word of God says Jesus IS God incarnate. The only person being fooled is you and Daqq.

daqq

There is no personal name of YHWH in the NT, because it doesn't exist.
Theos is used for God in the NT. Kyrios conveys the status of master in the NT as in Matt 4:10, where Jesus refers to God as Satan's Lord. he term "The Lord your God" is used 21 times in the OT and only referred to twice in the NT to refer to the same scenario of Jesus being tempted by Satan.
Kyrios is used 717 times in the NT, and is always a title whether used by Jesus in this one example or as connoting master, potentate, or sovereign.
YHWH in the OT was not personal, it was impersonal and only written so as to NOT say His name. Again you equivocate about the reality of words to obfuscate the truth of our triune God. Regardless, what I said was accurate without the verboseness you like to generate.

You still do not even understand what has been said about those things.

Here are several more examples:

Matthew 1:20 KJV
20. But while he thought on these things, behold, the angel of the Lord appeared unto him in a dream, saying, Joseph, thou son of David, fear not to take unto thee Mary thy wife: for that which is conceived in her is of the Holy Ghost.

Matthew 1:20 Transliterated
20. Tauta de autou enthumethentos, idou, angelos Kuriou kat onar efaneauto legon, "Iosef huios Dauid, me fobethes paralabein Mariam ten gunaika sou, to gar en aute gennethen ek Pneumatos estin Hagiou!

The above highlighted in the transliterated contains no definite article and therefore equates to "[an] angel of YHWH" or "[a] messenger of YHWH"

Matthew 1:24 KJV
24. Then Joseph being raised from sleep did as the angel of the Lord had bidden him, and took unto him his wife:

Matthew 1:24 Transliterated
24. Egertheis de ho Iosef apo tou hupnou epoiesenhos prosetaxen auto ho angelos Kuriou kai parelaben tengunaika autou,

The above highlighted in the transliterated contains the definite article only preceding angelos and therefore equates to "the angel of YHWH" or "the messenger of YHWH".

The same happens again in Matthew 2:13 and Matthew 2:19 without any definite article adjoining either word because it is speaking of an angel or messenger of YHWH as spoken of in the O/T. This also is not particular to Matthew but occurs again in Luke speaking as we find later of the angel Gabriel:

Luke 1:11 KJV
11. And there appeared unto him an angel of the Lord standing on the right side of the altar of incense.

Luke 1:11 Transliterated
11. ofthe de auto angelos Kuriou hestos ek dexion tou thusiasteriou tou thumiamatos.

"And there appeared unto him an angel of YHWH" . . .

There is no definite article because the author is following the Hebraic practice, (despite the Greek) when using THE PROPER NAME. :)

keypurr

Hi Keypurr,
You stop short of the full truth.
Jesus the Christ is the WORD of God who was God and was with God. My interpretations explain how all these things are true of the Christ.

The "word" in John 1 is not Jesus, it is the spirit Christ that came to dwell in him. The word became flesh, Jesus was born flesh he did not become. The true son of God is his express image, Christ a spirit. He was the one who became flesh at the anointing of Jesus. Christ is said to be a form of God in Phil 2, it also says he took the form of Man. Jesus became the Christ at his anointing.

I am not held to the doctrines of men. John 1 is the most misunderstood verse in scripture. You need to do a study on the express image and realize that God created all through this spiritual son.

StanJ

You still do not even understand what has been said about those things.

Again, Uni speak for "I have no reply".

Address the points being made please. You are NOT a scholar of Hebrew or Greek as you have clearly demonstrated.

Apparently you don't get that being onerous does NOT mean you're saying anything of note.

StanJ

The "word" in John 1 is not Jesus, it is the spirit Christ that came to dwell in him. The word became flesh, Jesus was born flesh he did not become. The true son of God is his express image, Christ a spirit. He was the one who became flesh at the anointing of Jesus. Christ is said to be a form of God in Phil 2, it also says he took the form of Man. Jesus became the Christ at his anointing.

I am not held to the doctrines of men. John 1 is the most misunderstood verse in scripture. You need to do a study on the express image and realize that God created all through this spiritual son.

John 1:1-2 (NIV)
In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. He was with God in the beginning.
John 1:14 (NIV)
The Word became flesh and made his dwelling among us. We have seen his glory, the glory of the one and only Son, who came from the Father, full of grace and truth.

The Greek word for BECAME is γίνομαι (ginomai), and connotes in this context, to be born in the physical context.
No being able to or refusing to see the difference here, is why you probably also equivocate about John 8:58 (NIV), where Jesus, speaking as The WORD, emphatically states He IS the I AM. The same entity that said it to Moses in Ex 3:14 (NIV). Those who KNOW God's Word, KNOW.

keypurr

John 1:1-2 (NIV)
In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. He was with God in the beginning.
John 1:14 (NIV)
The Word became flesh and made his dwelling among us. We have seen his glory, the glory of the one and only Son, who came from the Father, full of grace and truth.

The Greek word for BECAME is γίνομαι (ginomai), and connotes in this context, to be born in the physical context.
No being able to or refusing to see the difference here, is why you probably also equivocate about John 8:58 (NIV), where Jesus, speaking as The WORD, emphatically states He IS the I AM. The same entity that said it to Moses in Ex 3:14 (NIV). Those who KNOW God's Word, KNOW.

You have a right to be wrong Stan.

Jesus is NOT the WORD. Jesus was born flesh, he did not become flesh.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
Does John 1:14 show that Jesus is the word made flesh?

Jesus is the name given to the Messiah when He was born.

Is Jesus God in the flesh?

Is Jesus the Son of God in the flesh?

Is Jesus the Messiah? Yes. Was Jesus ever not the Messiah? No.

What does it mean to say Jesus or the Messiah or the Son of God was here or came in the flesh?

keypurr

Does John 1:14 show that Jesus is the word made flesh?

How, I disagree

Jesus is the name given to the Messiah when He was born.

Agree

Is Jesus God in the flesh?

NO

Is Jesus the Son of God in the flesh?

Yes, Jesus is the FLESH son of God

Is Jesus the Messiah? Yes.

AGREE

Was Jesus ever not the Messiah? No.

YES, that is questionable. Did he become the Messiah when he was anointed?

What does it mean to say Jesus or the Messiah or the Son of God was here or came in the flesh?

It means that God sent a spiritual son to become flesh and die on a cross.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
Romans 9:5 NASB - 5 whose are the fathers, and from whom is the Christ according to the flesh, who is over all, God blessed forever. Amen.
1 John 4:2 NASB - 2 By this you know the Spirit of God: every spirit that confesses that Jesus Christ has come in the flesh is from God;

1 Timothy 3:16 KJV - 16 And without controversy great is the mystery of godliness: God was manifest in the flesh, justified in the Spirit, seen of angels, preached unto the Gentiles, believed on in the world, received up into glory.
How, I disagree

Agree

NO

Yes, Jesus is the FLESH son of God
Do you believe there is only one begotten Son of God?
AGREE

YES

It means that God sent a spiritual son to become flesh and die on a cross.

StanJ

You have a right to be wrong Stan.

Typical supercilious response keypurr, but I'm not wrong, Jesus is right and true. That you ignore the Written Word of God for your own understanding that comes from an apostate POV, is not surprising, but you will be held accountable for denying/recanting the real savior and who He IS. I fulfill my responsibility in showing the scripture and RIGHTLY dividing it.

keypurr

Typical supercilious response keypurr, but I'm not wrong, Jesus is right and true. That you ignore the Written Word of God for your own understanding that comes from an apostate POV, is not surprising, but you will be held accountable for denying/recanting the real savior and who He IS. I fulfill my responsibility in showing the scripture and RIGHTLY dividing it.

I am ready for his judgement Stan. And I am very comfortable in my thoughts. Follow your traditions, stay in your church box. See if they can save you. I worship the same God that Jesus Christ prayed to. You should do the same.

One God AND one Lord, when will you open your eyes to what is written, not what you assume is written. Your still in darkness, come into the light of his truth.

StanJ

I am ready for his judgement Stan. And I am very comfortable in my thoughts. Follow your traditions, stay in your church box. See if they can save you. I worship the same God that Jesus Christ prayed to. You should do the same.

One God AND one Lord, when will you open your eyes to what is written, not what you assume is written. Your still in darkness, come into the light of his truth.

I'm glad to hear that keypurr. I follow God's word, and I worship GOD, in ALL His Glory and attributes.

It's always the people who claim they have seen the light after years of following the real God and falling into darkness, that amaze me with their patronizing condemnations. The JWs do it, the LDS do it and apparently most Unis as well.

meshak

BANNED
Banned
I'm glad to hear that keypurr. I follow God's word, and I worship GOD, in ALL His Glory and attributes.

It's always the people who claim they have seen the light after years of following the real God and falling into darkness, that amaze me with their patronizing condemnations. The JWs do it, the LDS do it and apparently most Unis as well.

I was fortunate enough not to raised in traditional church. I could see them objectively. So I questioned all questionable doctrines and practice.

Jesus says we know them by their fruit. The traditional churches are not showing much of godly fruit. So you should take heed of what they are spreading, friend.

Jesus says narrow is the gate that leads to life. Traditional churches are going through the wide gate.

You better watch out, friend.

blessings.

keypurr

You have no idea what your talking about.

The JW's, SDA, LDS and Unis are thinking folks. I may not agree with them but I respect them.

keypurr

That's funny friend.

I think you really believe that, and that is sad.