What is the express image of God?

keypurr

[/COLOR]

What I have brought up in OTHER topics is based on that topic. This topic has NOTHING to do with Gen 1 other than it shows God as a triune being. Deflecting to a different scriptures and try to use it to prove your premise on this subject is typical of your ilk, but not unexpected as all Unis do it.
Deal with that issue and not what you think a day means in Gen 1, or respond to my posts in the appropriate thread.

As the NT was written in Greek, this only shows how you insist on obfuscating the issue. Even in Mark, the Shema was stated in Greek, NOT Hebrew.

The connotation of εἱς (heis), as any other word, is based on context.
In Mark 12 it has the connotation of one virtually by union. NOT a singular connotation.
The FACT is that the Pharisees here recognized that Jesus claimed to be God by forgiving sins, and said so. Apparently you didn't read Mark 2:8-12 (NIV)?
I wouldn't cast dispersions about logic if I were you. You continually self implode and it doesn't seem to negate your desire to preach false teachings.
God is one indeed...a triune one.

So if the Pharisees were wrong you are too.

keypurr

It IS in the context it is being used in. Do you think God only has one name?

No God does not LIVE in me, but the Holy Spirit dwells in me because I am a temple. Did God live in the Holy of Holies?

No, God and Savior is one with two aspects/attributes or purposes.
David used it a lot. Read Psalms 42:5,11 (NIV) as an example.

As your friend daqq has already admitted, LORD replaced YHWH, so yes it connotes God.

the word son here, ONLY connotes a physical being.

God (the WORD) became Christ in the flesh. John 1:14 (NIV)

Not with me it hasn't, and I don't base my faith on it, my faith is in God and his infallible word, despite your efforts to make it contradict itself.
If you can refute what Is 9:6 says, then do so, instead of just denying my point.

You need to learn that LORD in the OT is not the same as Lord in the new. You have no idea what your talking about.

Your faith is not based on what is written.

StanJ

You only prove yourself a hypocrite because you just posted all those verses from 2 Peter and Titus which also have nothing to do with the thread title "What is the express image of God". The hypocrite says: "I can use other scripture passages to make my points but if you do then you are off topic . . .", and it is clear to everyone with eyes to see that this is exactly what you have done.

You say that Yeshua is equal to the Father and yet you do the same thing with his words. You despise context because it is the context which destroys your ripped out of context one-liner theology. In addition my post from Genesis 1:5 was not about Yom, which is Day, but rather Echad, which is FIRST in that passage as may be clearly seen by all who are willing to read it; and echad was indeed under discussion because YOU brought it up when you kept posting "I and my Father are one", and everyone knows that is where the argument leads. Therefore the same things you accuse me and others of doing, those things you do, and you are apparently one of the worst offenders. You are not here to discuss but rather to maim, lame, rob, steal, and kill.

I said your posts about Genesis and the definition of day was OFF topic. Please pay attention.

I don't say, the Bible does.

The POINT is who God is, not the first day. I bring up the English and you're the one that deflects to the Hebrew to equivocate on the ISSUE.
Onerous posts only serve to muddy the waters, but then I'm sure that is your purpose.

StanJ

Jesus is not my God, he is my Lord. Do you know the difference?
I will pray that you get an understanding of what you read.

Jesus was a man, like you, that makes him a creation. Like you. That is what qualified him to be the Lamb of God. But you do not understand that, do you.

Not what I asked you. Who did you confess as your Savior. Jesus as your God and Savior or Jesus as your Savior?
If God is the only savior, how can Jesus who you say is not God, be your savior?

If you accept what Isaiah says then you've got a problem. If you don't, then you still have a problem.

StanJ

You need to learn that LORD in the OT is not the same as Lord in the new. You have no idea what your talking about.

Your faith is not based on what is written.

and you need to learn that opining means nothing to me....show me the scriptures that support your POV. So far you avoid doing so.

StanJ

So if the Pharisees were wrong you are too.

The Pharisees were NOT wrong, only God CAN forgive sin.

Then Jesus said to the crowds and to his disciples: “The teachers of the law and the Pharisees sit in Moses’ seat. So you must be careful to do everything they tell you. Matt 23:1-3 (NIV)

daqq

Hi Keypurr, when StanJ makes the following statement he is conveniently omitting the critical half of what I actually said:

Originally Posted by StanJ As your friend daqq has already admitted, LORD replaced YHWH, so yes it connotes God.

The difference being that the personal Name of YHWH in the N/T does not carry the definite article before Kurios. When we see quotes from the O/T in the N/T that contain the Name of YHWH we generally read "Kurios", (depending on the form of course, i.e. Kuriou) as opposed to "ho Kurios", (depending on the form also). Kurios then without the definite article, where the O/T is quoted containing the Tetragrammaton, is thus the Name of YHWH the Father. If StanJ truly wanted to know more I would have also told him about Kuros from which Kurios derives, (and likewise Koresh who is Kuros Christos in the Septuagint). :crackup:

keypurr

Not what I asked you. Who did you confess as your Savior. Jesus as your God and Savior or Jesus as your Savior?
If God is the only savior, how can Jesus who you say is not God, be your savior?

If you accept what Isaiah says then you've got a problem. If you don't, then you still have a problem.

You just don't get it Stan.

God sent the savior, there is no savior without God.

Sometimes English translations cause confusion, your confused and you do not know it. There is only one true God and Jesus has a God. What does that tell you? Think hard.

One God, the father.
Jesus has a God.

Why does that not tell you that Jesus is not God?

keypurr

The Pharisees were NOT wrong, only God CAN forgive sin.

Then Jesus said to the crowds and to his disciples: “The teachers of the law and the Pharisees sit in Moses’ seat. So you must be careful to do everything they tell you. Matt 23:1-3 (NIV)

They wanted to stone him for saying that God was his father.

I bet you would have joined them.

keypurr

Hi Keypurr, when StanJ makes the following statement he is conveniently omitting the critical half of what I actually said:

The difference being that the personal Name of YHWH in the N/T does not carry the definite article before Kurios. When we see quotes from the O/T in the N/T that contain the Name of YHWH we generally read "Kurios", (depending on the form of course, i.e. Kuriou) as opposed to "ho Kurios", (depending on the form also). Kurios then without the definite article, where the O/T is quoted containing the Tetragrammaton, is thus the Name of YHWH the Father. If StanJ truly wanted to know more I would have also told him about Kuros from which Kurios derives, (and likewise Koresh who is Kuros Christos in the Septuagint). :crackup:

I am learning a lot from you friend. I am restricted in my knowledge outside of English. I wish I knew Hebrew and Greek. Thank you.

I do not expect Stan to see anything that is not already planted in his mind. He has limited capacities.

StanJ

The difference being that the personal Name of YHWH in the N/T does not carry the definite article before Kurios. When we see quotes from the O/T in the N/T that contain the Name of YHWH we generally read "Kurios", (depending on the form of course, i.e. Kuriou) as opposed to "ho Kurios", (depending on the form also). Kurios then without the definite article, where the O/T is quoted containing the Tetragrammaton, is thus the Name of YHWH the Father. If StanJ truly wanted to know more I would have also told him about Kuros from which Kurios derives, (and likewise Koresh who is Kuros Christos in the Septuagint).

There is no personal name of YHWH in the NT, because it doesn't exist.
Theos is used for God in the NT. Kyrios conveys the status of master in the NT as in Matt 4:10, where Jesus refers to God as Satan's Lord. he term "The Lord your God" is used 21 times in the OT and only referred to twice in the NT to refer to the same scenario of Jesus being tempted by Satan.
Kyrios is used 717 times in the NT, and is always a title whether used by Jesus in this one example or as connoting master, potentate, or sovereign.
YHWH in the OT was not personal, it was impersonal and only written so as to NOT say His name. Again you equivocate about the reality of words to obfuscate the truth of our triune God. Regardless, what I said was accurate without the verboseness you like to generate.

StanJ

I am learning a lot from you friend. I am restricted in my knowledge outside of English. I wish I knew Hebrew and Greek. Thank you.
I do not expect Stan to see anything that is not already planted in his mind. He has limited capacities.

Daqq doesn't KNOW, he parrots what He has been taught. That you can only condescendingly dismiss those that mount a good defense of their faith against your own fallacious assertions, shows you never actually DEAL with the issues. Very similar to what Cruciform does.