What is the express image of God?

RBBI

May I see the last apple you created. God creates, you don't!

We were created in their image, male and female created He them. Spiritually speaking, we do create. The female aspect, also called our soul, like a womb, reproduces whatever seed is planted in it.

This is why hate is as of the sin of murder. Peace

Bright Raven

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
That is what I stated friend.
You did not state that the Word became flesh. This is what you said;

No I agree with the scripture, however Jesus is not the word mentioned in it. The WORD is the express image spiritual son of God, not Jesus. The WORD became flesh, Jesus was flesh so that disqualifies him.

You disagree with the fact that Jesus is the Word.

freelight

Eclectic Theosophist
You did not state that the Word became flesh.

Hi BR,

Did you read my last post to you? Also,...if we go by the greek philosophical concept of 'logos' as an impersonal principle, plan, design, word, thought-concept, wisdom, logic, reason, etc....this 'logos' doesn't necessarily need to be a 'person', although it CAN be 'personified' in various theologies. In this case,...the logos becoming 'flesh' just means the 'mind-design' or 'plan' of God is being manifested/fleshed out/expressed in the person of Jesus and his goodnews message about the kingdom. There are other more liberal interpretations of John's gospel narrative ;)

keypurr

You did not state that the Word became flesh. This is what you said;

You disagree with the fact that Jesus is the Word.

Yes I did, read the last line.

Jesus is not the word, the spirit in him is the Word.

That spirit became flesh in the body that was prepared for him, Jesus. Heb 10:5

Bright Raven

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Yes I do. But it is not about Jesus, it is about Christ, the spirit son of God. Christ spoke and acted through Jesus.
Reference: NKJV Study Bible John 1:14
The Son of God who was from eternity became human with limitations in time and space. This is the doctrine of the Incarnation: God became human. Nothing of the essential nature of the deity was lost in this event.

keypurr

The Son of God who was from eternity became human with limitations in time and space. This is the doctrine of the Incarnation: God became human. Nothing of the essential nature of the deity was lost in this event.

Your notes re just another mans opinion friend.

The son in question is Christ not Jesus.

But he is not God, his Father is. I do not like your new Bible friend.

keypurr

Your notes are just another mans opinion friend.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
Yes I do. But it is not about Jesus, it is about Christ, the spirit son of God. Christ spoke and acted through Jesus.

KP, your pure nonsense isn't getting you anywhere, is it? You'd have
a better chance posting that the world is gonna end in the next thirty
days. Then, when it doesn't happen, start the process over again.

Bright Raven

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Your notes are just another mans opinion friend.

Jesus is the Christ. He is not two different entities as you believe. I am saddened for you friend. You are lost and without hope. God is still able to change your thinking if you are willing. He's a good God. Give Him a chance.

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Jesus Christ is come in The Flesh, you simply don't realize Who He actually is. You deny His Deity. He doesn't need your permission to take on The Form of Flesh.

Your view is RCC spiritualism.

Gods word became flesh, not God became a little baby in Mary.

The word "Jesus Christ is come in the flesh" shows Jesus is a man.

Your view denies it, for a God in human flesh is not a man.

However Jesus Christ is also come in the flesh of His children who have /are filled with the Holy Spirit,

which is the core reason for the RCC false doctrine.

LA

keypurr

Jesus is the Christ. He is not two different entities as you believe. I am saddened for you friend. You are lost and without hope. God is still able to change your thinking if you are willing. He's a good God. Give Him a chance.

At one time they were two BR.

Christ came down from heaven to live in Jesus at his baptism. You do not wish to see that. I can not change what is written friend. My God is a great God, he's loved us enough to send his son to us. The express image is that son BR, not Jesus.

keypurr

To fully understand the scriptures you need to relay on more than the Greek to English translations.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
At one time they were two BR.

Christ came down from heaven to live in Jesus at his baptism. You do not wish to see that. I can not change what is written friend. My God is a great God, he's loved us enough to send his son to us. The express image is that son BR, not Jesus.

You poor soul. Your life-source is your own false doctrine and false theories.