What is the express image of God?

Bright Raven

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Jesus is not a spirit, he was a man. A man can not be the express image of God who is spirit. Why can't you see that? I do not think he is living in you at all, for you do not know him or his God.

What is the mystery of the ages. Jesus can be a spirit.

Colossians 1:26-27 New King James Version (NKJV)

26 the mystery which has been hidden from ages and from generations, but now has been revealed to His saints.
27 To them God willed to make known what are the riches of the glory of this mystery among the Gentiles: which is Christ in you, the hope of glory.

RBBI

Actually, Jesus never once used any of His Power. All that He did on this earth He did as a man walking under the covenants that God had provided to all men, through His Word.

I'm going to give you the benefit of the doubt here, that you don't actually mean what you appeared to say. Want to rephrase this? Peace

RBBI

You don't read well. Firstborn is a mark of position. If created he cannot create. The created cannot be part of the creation. Pretty simple. Do you understand

That is just a ridiculous supposition. WE create, and we are created.

Why does it offend so much that the Seed is not a man? Think about it. Why should that offend your flesh so much? And it IS flesh that's offended, because if it were not YOUR DOCTRINE, but rather His, you wouldn't be offended because it didn't come from you. Yeshua tried to tell them, but they too were dull of hearing.....

Luk 20:42 And David himself saith in the book of Psalms, The LORD said unto my Lord, Sit thou on my right hand,

Luk 20:44 David therefore calleth him Lord, how is he then his son?

Oh, I know.... you want to drag the flesh of Him back and forth through time. Funny in all the Christophanies He never appeared previously as Yeshua before His birth in a manger body.

Maybe it's because WHO He was, wasn't the mystery, but rather that the Seed would be IN US, ie. Christ in you, the hope of glory. But then you think the flesh of Him is in you, do you? Well, why not, if the flesh of Him is God? Peace

Bright Raven

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
That is just a ridiculous supposition. WE create, and we are created.

Why does it offend so much that the Seed is not a man? Think about it. Why should that offend your flesh so much? And it IS flesh that's offended, because if it were not YOUR DOCTRINE, but rather His, you wouldn't be offended because it didn't come from you. Yeshua tried to tell them, but they too were dull of hearing.....

Luk 20:42 And David himself saith in the book of Psalms, The LORD said unto my Lord, Sit thou on my right hand,

Luk 20:44 David therefore calleth him Lord, how is he then his son?

Oh, I know.... you want to drag the flesh of Him back and forth through time. Funny in all the Christophanies He never appeared previously as Yeshua before His birth in a manger body.

Maybe it's because WHO He was, wasn't the mystery, but rather that the Seed would be IN US, ie. Christ in you, the hope of glory. But then you think the flesh of Him is in you, do you? Well, why not, if the flesh of Him is God? Peace

May I see the last apple you created. God creates, you don't!

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Isaiah 44 KJV
(6) Thus saith the LORD the King of Israel, and his redeemer the LORD of hosts; I am the first, and I am the last; and beside me there is no God.

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Isaiah 44 KJV
(24) Thus saith the LORD, thy redeemer, and he that formed thee from the womb, I am the LORD that maketh all things; that stretcheth forth the heavens alone; that spreadeth abroad the earth by myself;

keypurr

You don't read well. Firstborn is a mark of position. If created he cannot create. The created cannot be part of the creation. Pretty simple. Do you understand

You also do not read well.

Read the verse, "before all things", first to be born.

Firstborn is used in scripture for position AND more commonly for first to be born.

Christ is God's firstborn of all creation for All Things were created through him.

Bright Raven

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
You also do not read well.

Read the verse, "before all things", first to be born.

Firstborn is used in scripture for position AND more commonly for first to be born.

Christ is God's firstborn of all creation for All Things were created through him.

before all things= uncreated. And you have chosen the wrong meaning for firstborn. At least you understand that Christ is the firstborn. Now put the other pieces together with it.

keypurr

Which means HE existed before anything was created, and all things that were created were created by HIM and for HIM.

Yes, that is true

If "firstborn" means He was the first created, then saying that He created all things would make no sense. It would also make no sense to say that He was before all things created if He were one of the things included in "all things created".

Why not? He was created FIRST, why do you dispute it? He is FIRSTBORN.

We are not to worship any created thing as our Lord God and Savior.
Scripture tells us that God never had any intention of creating another god for us to worship as Lord God and Savior of creation.

Jesus was born that makes him a creature, why do you make him God? The spirit son is also a creation. There is only one true God, the Father.

Should we discard all the Books of Paul that speak of the spiritual son? God created is own image and gave it power. He put that power in Jesus.

Bright Raven

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Yes, that is true

Why not? He was created FIRST, why do you dispute it? He is FIRSTBORN.

Jesus was born that makes him a creature, why do you make him God? The spirit son is also a creation. There is only one true God, the Father.

Should we discard all the Books of Paul that speak of the spiritual son? God created is own image and gave it power. He put that power in Jesus.
We dispute your interpretation that He was created.

John 1:14 New King James Version (NKJV)

The Word Becomes Flesh
14 And the Word became flesh and dwelt among us, and we beheld His glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father, full of grace and truth.

Do you disagree with this scripture?

keypurr

Maybe because you were lying when you said it?This, quite simply, is not the case.
Now you're bordering on blasphemy.

Actually, Jesus never once used any of His Power. All that He did on this earth He did as a man walking under the covenants that God had provided to all men, through His Word. He gave us a new and better covenant, cut in His Own Blood.I have Him inside me. He is my Lord and my God.

Joh_4:24 God is a Spirit: and they that worship him must worship him in spirit and in truth.
Is this blasphemy?

Jesus never used his powers???
When was the last time you walked on water, or tamed the wind, or raised the dead?

keypurr

What is the mystery of the ages. Jesus can be a spirit.

Colossians 1:26-27 New King James Version (NKJV)

26 the mystery which has been hidden from ages and from generations, but now has been revealed to His saints.
27 To them God willed to make known what are the riches of the glory of this mystery among the Gentiles: which is Christ in you, the hope of glory.

How is Jesus in you? Silly BR.

Christ can be IN you, why? Because Christ is a spirit not a man.

keypurr

The Word Becomes Flesh
14 And the Word became flesh and dwelt among us, and we beheld His glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father, full of grace and truth.

No I agree with the scripture, however Jesus is not the word mentioned in it. The WORD is the express image spiritual son of God, not Jesus. The WORD became flesh, Jesus was flesh so that disqualifies him.

Bright Raven

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
No I agree with the scripture, however Jesus is not the word mentioned in it. The WORD is the express image spiritual son of God, not Jesus. The WORD became flesh, Jesus was flesh so that disqualifies him.

you have it backwards; the Word became flesh. That is what scripture teaches.

freelight

Eclectic Theosophist
So what if Jesus is a divine creation of God?

So what if Jesus is a divine creation of God?

The Word Becomes Flesh

Hi BR,

So what if Jesus is actually the Firstborn, the beginning of the creation of 'God', his begotten Son THRU and BY whom he created the world? :idunno:

I find this centuries old emphasis (highlighted mostly during the Arian Controversy) as unnecessary. Jesus holds all the glory, dignity, honor and excellence as Lord and Savior without having to be 'God the Son' within a preconceived Trinity. - I know you have a variation on the Godhead (so many dimensions there), but I see no problem whatsoever with a Unitarian view of 'God' and 'Christ'. Its just as good a view as a Trinitarian one, while we could debate the pros and cons of each view. - and that's all that is happening on this merry-go-round with keypurr. - it gets dizzy going around and around and around and around......:dizzy:

~*~*~

The Urantia Book view is below for those interested:

The Urantia Papers hold Jesus to be our Creator-Son, so in this sense he is our 'God' and 'Savior', the true Sovereign Lord and Planetary Prince of earth, since he did create us and this world...so in this sense a UB reader could or would consider Jesus 'God'. However, in UB theology Jesus is not 'God the Son' within the orthodox concept of the Trinity, which in UB theology is called the 'Paradise Trinity', for this divine and Higher Trinity is the original/ultimate GODHEAD consisting of the Universal Father, the Eternal Son, and Infinite Spirit. Jesus is of an order of Creator-Sons that is the offspring of the Universal Father and The Eternal Son who are members of the Paradise Trinity, so Creator-Sons are divine son offsprings from the Paradise Trinity, and are in every way to their creation, the representative of 'God', for all Creator-Sons are the express-image of 'God' and are deity-respresentations/representatives to their created universes.

More here