What is God's first creation?

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
DID YOU OVERLOOK THE WORDS of JESUS THAT SAY THAT SAY THE FATHER IS THE ONLY TRUE GOD?
We've been over this numerous times.

Calling the Father "the only true God" DOES NOT EXCLUDE the Son being "the only true God" NOR the Holy Spirit being "the only true God."

Did you overlook the words of Thomas (via John) and Peter (via Luke) who say that the Son and Holy Spirit are God?

Or are you a polytheist (iow, not a Christian)?

Bright Raven

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame

Calling the Father "the only true God" DOES NOT EXCLUDE the Son being "the only true God" NOR the Holy Spirit being "the only true God."

Did you overlook the words of Thomas (via John) and Peter (via Luke) who say that the Son and Holy Spirit are God?

Why would what Peter and John have to say be important. That might shed some light on the conversation.

keypurr

So if your "interpretation" is correct, why did Christ not correct Thomas?

If your "interpretation" is correct (and it's NOT), then Thomas was committing blaspheme and Jesus just said nothing.

Now to Thomas' worship of the risen Jesus as "My Lord and my God"

Why did Jesus did not rebuke Thomas when he fell at his feet and worshiped the risen Lord. Not because Jesus knew himself to be Jehovah God and this fact had finally dawned on Thomas. Rather, it was homage it proffered to Jesus as God's ordained Messiah. Jesus can be worshiped as the Lord Messiah. In fact, this is clearly what the writer John means by reporting this incident, for the very next two verses say that these things "have been written that you may believe that Jesus is the Christ (Messiah), the Son of God; and that believing you may have life in his name" (John 20:31). To say that Thomas was worshiping Jesus as Almighty God is to directly contradict John's own stated purpose for writing his whole Gospel.

When Thomas fell at Jesus' feet and worshiped him, Thomas was at last recognizing that the resurrected Jesus was the long promised Lord Messiah. Thomas' language it was steeped in Old Testament concepts.

Remember when David stepped out of the cave and call to King Saul, "My Lord and my King" (1 Sam. 24:9)? In the same way King Messiah is to be worshiped and adored by his bride: "Then the King will desire your beauty; because he is your Lord, bow down to him" (Ps.45:11). Thomas' language is in the same Hebrew tradition. He means the same thing. Thomas is addressing the rightful king of Israel, the now risen and victorious Lord. We just have to think like first century Jews steeped in their Old Testament prophets! "A Savior has been born for you who is Messiah and Lord" (Luke 2:11). The wise men believe the infant Jesus was the King of Israel they brought their gifts of gold, frankincense and myrrh to worship him: "Where is the one who has been born King of the Jews? We saw his star in the East and have come to worship him They bowed down and worshiped him" (Matt. 2:2, 11). "God has made him both Lord and Messiah, this Jesus whom you crucified" (Acts 2:36). Worship is offered to Jesus because he is the Messiah, the Son of God, the King of Israel.

So who made him both Lord and Messiah? His God and our God, His Father and our Father. (John 20:17)

PROVE ALL THINGS...BELIEVE IN THE WORDS OF JESUS.

keypurr

YES IT DOES. you do not like it for it upsets your thoughts, but it indeed does prove that only the Father is the true God.

I have not overlook that verse or any verse. Your chained to the traditions of the established churches which were influenced by the RCC. Time to open your mind to truth.

keypurr

Why would what Peter and John have to say be important. That might shed some light on the conversation.

Peter and Paul and all the others words to not carry the weight of the Master.

Choose who you wish to believe. Peter and the others NEVER said Jesus is God.

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
YES IT DOES. you do not like it for it upsets your thoughts, but it indeed does prove that only the Father is the true God.

Saying it doesn't make it so, Keypurr.

I have not overlook that verse or any verse. Your chained to the traditions of the established churches which were influenced by the RCC. Time to open your mind to truth.

:blabla: More of the same.

keypurr

Turn your back to the words of the Lord if you wish JR. It's your problem, not mine.

"Yet for us there is one God, the Father" (Corinthians 8:6).
"Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ" (Ephesians 1:3).

keypurr

Here are some verses I did not overlook BR.

1 Cor. 1:3 – "Grace to you and peace from God our Father and the Lord Jesus Christ."
2 Cor. 1:2 – "Grace to you and peace from God our Father and the Lord Jesus Christ."
Philippians 1:2 – "Grace to you and peace from God our Father and the Lord Jesus Christ."
1 Thessalonians 1:1 – "To the church of the Thessalonians in God the Father and the Lord Jesus Christ."
1 Thessalonians 3:13 – "To be blameless in holiness before our God and Father at the coming of our Lord Jesus."
2 Thessalonians 1:2 – "Grace to you and peace from God our Father and the Lord Jesus Christ."
2 Thessalonians 2:16 – "May our Lord Jesus Christ himself and God our Father, who has loved us."
Philippians 4:20 – To our God and Father, glory for ever and ever. Amen."
Collosians 1:2 – "Peace from God our Father."
Ephesians 4:6 – "One God and Father of all."
James1:1 – "James, a slave of God and of the Lord Jesus Christ."
1 Timothy 1:2 – "Peace from God the Father and Christ Jesus our Lord."
2 Timothy 1:2 – "Peace from God the Father and Christ Jesus our Lord."
Titus 1:4 – "Peace from God the Father and Christ Jesus our savior."
Philemon vv. 3 – "Peace from God the Father and the Lord Jesus Christ."
Galatians 1:3 "Peace from God our Father and the Lord Jesus Christ."

1 Peter 1:3 – "Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ."
2 Cor. 1:3 – "Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ."
2 Cor. 11:31 – "The God and Father of the Lord Jesus knows, he who is blessed forever, that I do not lie."
Revelation 1:6 – "Who has made us into a kingdom, priests for his God and Father."
Ephesians 1:3 – "Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ."
Ephesians 1:17 – "That the God of our Lord, the Father of glory."

The Messiah is supposed to have a God because he needs to be anointed by God in order to do wonders and signs on behalf of God. Let’s look at Micah 5:3 which is a Messianic prophecy:
Micah 5:3 – "He shall stand firm and shepherd his flock by the strength of the LORD (YHWH), in the majestic name of the LORD, HIS GOD."
The Christ will have a God? Yes! Who will it be? Look at the verse above, YHWH. Does Jesus know that he is supposed to have a God? Of course he knows!

Look below, these verses are all Jesus speaking:
John 20:17 - "I am going to my Father and your Father, to my God and your God."
Matthew 27:46 - "My God, My God, why have you forsaken me?"
Revelation 3:12 - "Him who overcomes I will make a pillar in the temple of my God. Never again will he leave it. I will write on him the name of my God and the name of the city of my God, the new Jerusalem, which is coming down out of heaven from my God."
Revelation 3:2 - "For I have not found your works complete in the sight of my God."

Where does Jesus Christ say he is God?

HE CAME TO DO THE WILL OF HIS FATHER (YHWH). Christ is a creation/creature, a spirit, sent from above.

keypurr

Joh 17:14 I have given them thy word; and the world hath hated them, because they are not of the world, even as I am not of the world.

marhig

So if they are all the only true God, (which it doesn't say anywhere in the Bible,) why does Jesus call the father his God? Not only in the flesh, but even when he is with God? And why do the apostles say that the father is the God and father of our Lord Jesus Christ? And why is God the head of Christ? And why was Jesus exalted and GIVEN authority over all in heaven and in earth if he is already God?

marhig

Yes it does, because keypurr is quoting Jesus himself! And you are saying it's not the truth! If Jesus says that the father is the only true God and that he sent Jesus. Then that's the truth. So saying it does make it so!

Jesus never says that he is God the son, he says that he is the son of God, and he never says that he is the only true God but that the father is the only true God and that he is the son of God!

That's the truth as it is written in the scriptures, and I believe him!

You are adding to the scriptures, like many of you add the trinity and the false OSAS doctrine.

Last edited:

marhig

Here are some verses I did not overlook BR.

1 Cor. 1:3 – "Grace to you and peace from God our Father and the Lord Jesus Christ."
2 Cor. 1:2 – "Grace to you and peace from God our Father and the Lord Jesus Christ."
Philippians 1:2 – "Grace to you and peace from God our Father and the Lord Jesus Christ."
1 Thessalonians 1:1 – "To the church of the Thessalonians in God the Father and the Lord Jesus Christ."
1 Thessalonians 3:13 – "To be blameless in holiness before our God and Father at the coming of our Lord Jesus."
2 Thessalonians 1:2 – "Grace to you and peace from God our Father and the Lord Jesus Christ."
2 Thessalonians 2:16 – "May our Lord Jesus Christ himself and God our Father, who has loved us."
Philippians 4:20 – To our God and Father, glory for ever and ever. Amen."
Collosians 1:2 – "Peace from God our Father."
Ephesians 4:6 – "One God and Father of all."
James1:1 – "James, a slave of God and of the Lord Jesus Christ."
1 Timothy 1:2 – "Peace from God the Father and Christ Jesus our Lord."
2 Timothy 1:2 – "Peace from God the Father and Christ Jesus our Lord."
Titus 1:4 – "Peace from God the Father and Christ Jesus our savior."
Philemon vv. 3 – "Peace from God the Father and the Lord Jesus Christ."
Galatians 1:3 "Peace from God our Father and the Lord Jesus Christ."

1 Peter 1:3 – "Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ."
2 Cor. 1:3 – "Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ."
2 Cor. 11:31 – "The God and Father of the Lord Jesus knows, he who is blessed forever, that I do not lie."
Revelation 1:6 – "Who has made us into a kingdom, priests for his God and Father."
Ephesians 1:3 – "Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ."
Ephesians 1:17 – "That the God of our Lord, the Father of glory."

The Messiah is supposed to have a God because he needs to be anointed by God in order to do wonders and signs on behalf of God. Let’s look at Micah 5:3 which is a Messianic prophecy:
Micah 5:3 – "He shall stand firm and shepherd his flock by the strength of the LORD (YHWH), in the majestic name of the LORD, HIS GOD."
The Christ will have a God? Yes! Who will it be? Look at the verse above, YHWH. Does Jesus know that he is supposed to have a God? Of course he knows!

Look below, these verses are all Jesus speaking:
John 20:17 - "I am going to my Father and your Father, to my God and your God."
Matthew 27:46 - "My God, My God, why have you forsaken me?"
Revelation 3:12 - "Him who overcomes I will make a pillar in the temple of my God. Never again will he leave it. I will write on him the name of my God and the name of the city of my God, the new Jerusalem, which is coming down out of heaven from my God."
Revelation 3:2 - "For I have not found your works complete in the sight of my God."

Where does Jesus Christ say he is God?

HE CAME TO DO THE WILL OF HIS FATHER (YHWH). Christ is a creation/creature, a spirit, sent from above.
Great post!

Bright Raven

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Great post!

And who is always mentioned with God the father and why might that be? You totally ignore Scripture and what it says. The creature can not create. How do you explain

John 1:1-5 Authorized (King James) Version (AKJV)
1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. 2 The same was in the beginning with God. 3 All things were made by him; and without him was not any thing made that was made. 4 In him was life; and the life was the light of men. 5 And the light shineth in darkness; and the darkness comprehended it not.

Colossians 1:16-20 Authorized (King James) Version (AKJV)
16 for by him were all things created, that are in heaven, and that are in earth, visible and invisible, whether they be thrones, or dominions, or principalities, or powers: all things were created by him, and for him: 17 and he is before all things, and by him all things consist. 18 And he is the head of the body, the church: who is the beginning, the firstborn from the dead; that in all things he might have the preeminence. 19 For it pleased the Father that in him should all fulness dwell; 20 and, having made peace through the blood of his cross, by him to reconcile all things unto himself; by him, I say, whether they be things in earth, or things in heaven.

How can this be if He/Jesus is created. The answer is simple, He's not!

marhig

And who is always mentioned with God the father and why might that be? You totally ignore Scripture and what it says. The creature can not create. How do you explain

1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. 2 The same was in the beginning with God. 3 All things were made by him; and without him was not any thing made that was made. 4 In him was life; and the life was the light of men. 5 And the light shineth in darkness; and the darkness comprehended it not.

16 for by him were all things created, that are in heaven, and that are in earth, visible and invisible, whether they be thrones, or dominions, or principalities, or powers: all things were created by him, and for him: 17 and he is before all things, and by him all things consist. 18 And he is the head of the body, the church: who is the beginning, the firstborn from the dead; that in all things he might have the preeminence. 19 For it pleased the Father that in him should all fulness dwell; 20 and, having made peace through the blood of his cross, by him to reconcile all things unto himself; by him, I say, whether they be things in earth, or things in heaven.

Wow, out of all those scriptures you only pick out that little bit at the end of what keypurr said. What about the verses he quoted? They are crystal clear, God is the God and father of our Lord Jesus Christ and Jesus says that the father is the only true God. And I believe him!

keypurr

You overlook that YHWH gave the logos his fullness (power).

YHWH can do just about any thing he wishes, he has unlimited power.

Col 1:19 For it pleased the Father that in him should all fulness dwell;

Why do you question what God can do?