What is God's first creation?

keypurr

Can the human mind fully understand the manner in which God created everything? Using our ability to think and piece things together what is the very first creation of YHWH?

Does anyone have any thoughts on this?

keypurr

Genesis 1:3 KJV "And God said, Let there be light" How can God 'say' anything if He didn't first create language?

Interesting but who did he say that to? Would not that person he spoke to be created first?

(ESV) Col 1:15 He is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn of all creation.

keypurr

Hint:
Gen 1:1 In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth.
Gen 1:2 And the earth was without form, and void; and darkness was upon the face of the deep. And the Spirit of God moved upon the face of the waters.

It seems that YHWH has a tool to use.

Idolater

"Foundation of the World" Dispensationalist χρ
Interesting but who did he say that to? Would not that person he spoke to be created first?

(ESV) Col 1:15 He is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn of all creation.
It doesn't say that He said it to anything or to anybody. It just says, "God said."

Notaclue

Hint:
Gen 1:1 In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth.
Gen 1:2 And the earth was without form, and void; and darkness was upon the face of the deep. And the Spirit of God moved upon the face of the waters.

It seems that YHWH has a tool to use.

Col.1:16(A.S.V.)
for in him* were all things created, in the heavens and upon the earth, things visible and things invisible, whether thrones or dominions or principalities or powers; all things have been created through him, and unto(into) him;

17 and he is before all things, and in him all things consist.

God created all things through and into his Son.

*One Son of God.

Peace.

CherubRam

God first created in His Kingdom, then afterwards He created this Universe. Christ was a being in heaven, and he became the first god to be born into this world. That is how he is the first born of ALL CREATION.

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
God

What I see now. God was alone in the beginning, but He had conflicts within Himself. So He decided to make duplicates of everything in Him as individuals outside of Him. So that He might understand what was going on inside of Him. Now what He figured was the best part in Him was His righteousness so He created Jesus. Then He seen His wrath so He created Satan. And then all the angels were separate emotions and affections.
Then He needed a likeness of Himself to watch and see how they dealt with all of them. So He created man. Within Himself He seen the conflict between the different parts. But He wanted to see all them conflicts on the outside of Himself to study them. He created man in His own image to watch and see how they dealt with them. In Himself He controlled them. But with man God gave them a choice, to pick out the ones they choose to live with. He gave man the choice to worship Him and get His help, or do it on their own. And He gave satan the authority to test them, and punish them. Satan recruited one third of the angels to help him. The first thing God noticed was outside of Himself there was a sin that kept popping up in most of His creations.The spirit Pride one of His angels that was easily accepted by all. Satan had it bad because he was doing all the work and God was taking all the credit. So satan started pushing that spirit on everyone. The first person that satan used it on was EVE and she used it on Adam. Righteousness(Jesus) is always submissive to the Father(God). And He (Jesus) stood by and watched with the Father. While satan turned everyone against each other driven by their own pride. Satan by himself had the authority of God for punishment of sin. But he developed an altar ego--devil. He would trick them into sinning as the devil, so he had the authority to kill them as satan. God watched this for 4 days. With the LORD one day is as a thousand years on earth, and a thousand years on earth is as one day in heaven. God knew then within Himself that the only authority over His wrath was His righteousness(Jesus). So God sent Jesus down to tell us all about the work of the devil, and to be an example of how to deal with him.By this time everyone had their own devil, satan, and demons(emotions). And satan turned most everyone against Jesus to hang Him on a cross. Satan didnt know Jesus was the Son of God, but the demons knew. And because satan killed Jesus who had never sinned. Satan broke the agreement and contract he had with God. And when Jesus went to heaven satan was kicked out of heaven to the earth. And satan was so angry he made war with the ones who did believe Jesus.

keypurr

Col.1:16(A.S.V.)
for in him* were all things created, in the heavens and upon the earth, things visible and things invisible, whether thrones or dominions or principalities or powers; all things have been created through him, and unto(into) him;

17 and he is before all things, and in him all things consist.

God created all things through and into his Son.

*One Son of God.

Peace.

Agree but....Who is "him" in this verse?

Go back to verse 15.

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
He's and Him's
2 Cor 5:18
18 Now all things are of God(Father), who has reconciled us to Himself(Father) through Jesus Christ, and has given us the ministry of reconciliation,
Heb 2:10
10 For it was fitting for Him(Father), for whom are all things and by whom are all things, in bringing many sons to glory, to make the captain(Jesus) of their salvation perfect through sufferings.
1 Pet 4:19
19 Therefore let those who suffer according to the will of God(Father) commit their souls to Him in doing good, as to a faithful Creator(Father).
1 Cor 11:3
3 But I want you to know that the head of every man is Christ(Jesus), the head of woman is man, and the head of Christ(Jesus) is God(Father).
Eph 2:10
10 For we are His(Father) workmanship, created in Christ Jesus for good works, which God(Father) prepared beforehand that we should walk in them.
Eph 3:8-11
8 To me, who am less than the least of all the saints, this grace was given, that I should preach among the Gentiles the unsearchable riches of Christ,
9 and to make all see what is the fellowship of the mystery, which from the beginning of the ages has been hidden in God(Father) who created all things through Jesus Christ;
10 to the intent that now the manifold wisdom of God(Father) might be made known by the church to the principalities and powers in the heavenly places,
11 according to the eternal purpose which He(Father) accomplished in Christ Jesus our Lord,
Col 1:13-20
13 He(Father) has delivered us from the power of darkness and conveyed us into the kingdom of the Son(Jesus) of His(Father) love,
14 in whom we have redemption through His(Jesus) blood, the forgiveness of sins.
15 He(Jesus) is the image of the invisible God(Father), the firstborn over all creation.
16 For by Him(Father) all things were created that are in heaven and that are on earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones or dominions or principalities or powers. All things were created through Him(Jesus) and for Him(Father).
17 And He(Father) is before all things, and in Him(Father) all things consist.
18 And He(Jesus) is the head of the body, the church, who is the beginning, the firstborn from the dead, that in all things He(Jesus) may have the preeminence.
19 For it pleased the Father that in Him(Jesus) all the fullness should dwell,
20 and by Him(Jesus) to reconcile all things to Himself(Father), by Him(Jesus), whether things on earth or things in heaven, having made peace through the blood of His(Jesus) cross.
Rev 4:11
11 "You are worthy, O Lord(Father), to receive glory and honor and power; for You(Father) created all things, and by Your(Father) will they exist and were created."
Mark 10:6
6 "But from the beginning of the creation, God(Father) 'made them male and female.'
Rom 1:20
20 For since the creation of the world His(Father) invisible attributes are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, even His(Father) eternal power and Godhead, so that they are without excuse,
Rev 3:14
14 "And to the angel of the church of the Laodiceans write, 'These things says the Amen, the Faithful and True Witness(Jesus), the Beginning of the creation of God(Father):
Col 1:15
15 He(Jesus) is the image of the invisible God(Father), the firstborn over all creation.
John 5:37-40
37 "And the Father Himself, who sent Me(Jesus), has testified of Me(Jesus). You have neither heard His(Father) voice at any time, nor seen His (Father) form.
38 "But you do not have His(Father) word abiding in you, because whom He(Father) sent, Him(Jesus) you do not believe.
39 "You search the Scriptures, for in them you think you have eternal life; and these are they which testify of Me(Jesus).
40 "But you are not willing to come to Me(Jesus) that you may have life.
Rom 11:32-36
32 For God(Father)has committed them all to disobedience, that He might have mercy on all.
33 Oh, the depth of the riches both of the wisdom and knowledge of God(Father)! How unsearchable are His(Father) judgments and His(Father) ways past finding out!
34 "For who has known the mind of the Lord(Jesus)? Or who has become His(Jesus) counselor?"
35 "Or who has first given to Him(Jesus) and it shall be repaid to him?"
36 For of Him(Father) and through Him(Jesus) and to Him(Father) are all things, to whom be glory forever. Amen.
(NKJ)

THROUGH CHRIST---REASON FOR WAS CHRIST
xxxThe deffinition of through- is reason for. So God created everything through or for the reason of Jesus. God created everything for Jesus sake.

Heb 1:1-6
1 God(Father), who at various times and in various ways spoke in time past to the fathers by the prophets,
2 has in these last days spoken to us by His(Father) Son(Jesus), whom He(Father) has appointed heir of all things, through whom also He(Father) made the worlds;
3 who being the brightness of His(Father) glory and the express image of His person, and upholding all things by the word of His(Father) power, when He(Jesus) had by Himself(Jesus) purged our sins, sat down at the right hand of the Majesty(Father) on high,
4 having become so much better than the angels, as He(Jesus) has by inheritance obtained a more excellent name than they.
5 For to which of the angels did He(Father) ever say: "You(Jesus) are My(Father) Son(Jesus), today I(Father) have begotten You(Jesus)"? And again: "I will be to Him a Father, and He(Jesus) shall be to Me(Father) a Son"?
6 But when He(Father) again brings the firstborn(Jesus) into the world, He(Father) says: "Let all the angels of God(Father) worship Him(Jesus)."

Heb 1:7-11
7 And of the angels He(Father) says: "Who makes His(Father) angels spirits and His(Father) ministers a flame of fire."
8 But to the Son(Jesus) He(Father) says: "Your(Jesus) throne, O God(Jesus), is forever and ever; a scepter of righteousness is the scepter of Your(Jesus) Kingdom.
9 You(Jesus) have loved righteousness and hated lawlessness; therefore God(Father), Your(Jesus) God(Father), has anointed You(Jesus) with the oil of gladness more than Your(Jesus) companions."
10 And: "You(Father), Lord(Father), in the beginning laid the foundation of the earth, and the heavens are the work of Your hands.
11 They will perish, but You(Father) remain; and they will all grow old like a garment;
(NKJ)

2 Cor 3:4
4 And we have such trust through Christ toward God(Father).
Gal 4:7
7 Therefore you are no longer a slave but a son, and if a son, then an heir of God(Father) through Christ(Jesus).
Phil 4:7
7 and the peace of God(Father), which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus.
Phil 4:13
13 I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.
John 1:17
17 For the law was given through Moses, but grace and truth came through Jesus Christ.
Rom 1:8
8 First, I thank my God(Father) through Jesus Christ for you all, that your faith is spoken of throughout the whole world.
Rom 5:21
21 so that as sin reigned in death, even so grace might reign through righteousness to eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord.
2 Cor 5:18-19
18 Now all things are of God(Father), who has reconciled us to Himself(Father) through Jesus Christ, and has given us the ministry of reconciliation,
19 that is, that God(Father) was in Christ(Jesus) reconciling the world to Himself(Father), not imputing their trespasses to them, and has committed to us the word of reconciliation.
(NKJ)

xxx God the Father done all the creating. God the Father sent His Son Jesus to pay for our sins. And to be an example of how to worship God the Father in the right Spirit. God created Jesus first before anything else. Then God had someone to love. God had someone to give to, but Jesus didnt have anyone that He could give to. So God created everything else through Jesus or for Jesus. The heavens and the earth were created for Jesus. Now to purchase them Jesus had to die on the cross. We all have to prove ourselves to God. Jesus proved Himself, and made the way that we can prove ourselves.
GOD EVEN CREATED JESUS
John 17:5
5 "And now, O Father, glorify Me(Jesus) together with Yourself(Father), with the glory which I(Jesus) had with You(Father) before the world was.
14 "And to the angel of the church of the Laodiceans write, 'These things says the Amen, the Faithful and True Witness(Jesus), the Beginning of the creation of God(Father):
(NKJ)

Eph 1:3-5
3 Blessed be the God(Father) and Father(Father) of our Lord Jesus Christ, who has blessed us with every spiritual blessing in the heavenly places in Christ,
4 just as He(Father) chose us(Christians) in Him(Jesus) before the foundation of the world, that we should be holy and without blame before Him(Father) in love,
5 having predestined us to adoption as sons by Jesus Christ to Himself, according to the good pleasure of His will,
(NKJ)

keypurr

God first created in His Kingdom, then afterwards He created this Universe. Christ was a being in heaven, and he became the first god to be born into this world. That is how he is the first born of ALL CREATION.

Think deeper my brother.

The world itself was created by God through his first creation.

KJV
Col 1:15 Who is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn of every creature:
Col 1:16 For by him were all things created, that are in heaven, and that are in earth, visible and invisible, whether they be thrones, or dominions, or principalities, or powers: all things were created by him, and for him:
Col 1:17 And he is before all things, and by him all things consist.

If ALL things in heaven and earth were created by God through "him" He had to be the FIRST Creation.

ESV Col 1:15 He is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn of all creation.

KJV
Heb 1:2 Hath in these last days spoken unto us by his Son, whom he hath appointed heir of all things, by whom also he made the worlds;

So God must have been alone until he created his Son for he created all through this Son.

Who is this SON?

keypurr

He's and Him's
2 Cor 5:18
Heb 2:10
10 For it was fitting for Him(Father), for whom are all things and by whom are all things, in bringing many sons to glory, to make the captain(Jesus) of their salvation perfect through sufferings.
1 Pet 4:19
19 Therefore let those who suffer according to the will of God(Father) commit their souls to Him in doing good, as to a faithful Creator(Father).
1 Cor 11:3
3 But I want you to know that the head of every man is Christ(Jesus), the head of woman is man, and the head of Christ(Jesus) is God(Father).
Eph 2:10
10 For we are His(Father) workmanship, created in Christ Jesus for good works, which God(Father) prepared beforehand that we should walk in them.
Eph 3:8-11
8 To me, who am less than the least of all the saints, this grace was given, that I should preach among the Gentiles the unsearchable riches of Christ,
9 and to make all see what is the fellowship of the mystery, which from the beginning of the ages has been hidden in God(Father) who created all things through Jesus Christ;
10 to the intent that now the manifold wisdom of God(Father) might be made known by the church to the principalities and powers in the heavenly places,
11 according to the eternal purpose which He(Father) accomplished in Christ Jesus our Lord,
Col 1:13-20
13 He(Father) has delivered us from the power of darkness and conveyed us into the kingdom of the Son(Jesus) of His(Father) love,
14 in whom we have redemption through His(Jesus) blood, the forgiveness of sins.
16 For by Him(Father) all things were created that are in heaven and that are on earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones or dominions or principalities or powers. All things were created through Him(Jesus) and for Him(Father).
17 And He(Father) is before all things, and in Him(Father) all things consist.
18 And He(Jesus) is the head of the body, the church, who is the beginning, the firstborn from the dead, that in all things He(Jesus) may have the preeminence.
19 For it pleased the Father that in Him(Jesus) all the fullness should dwell,
20 and by Him(Jesus) to reconcile all things to Himself(Father), by Him(Jesus), whether things on earth or things in heaven, having made peace through the blood of His(Jesus) cross.
Rev 4:11
11 "You are worthy, O Lord(Father), to receive glory and honor and power; for You(Father) created all things, and by Your(Father) will they exist and were created."
Mark 10:6
6 "But from the beginning of the creation, God(Father) 'made them male and female.'
Rom 1:20
20 For since the creation of the world His(Father) invisible attributes are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, even His(Father) eternal power and Godhead, so that they are without excuse,
John 5:37-40
37 "And the Father Himself, who sent Me(Jesus), has testified of Me(Jesus). You have neither heard His(Father) voice at any time, nor seen His (Father) form.
38 "But you do not have His(Father) word abiding in you, because whom He(Father) sent, Him(Jesus) you do not believe.
39 "You search the Scriptures, for in them you think you have eternal life; and these are they which testify of Me(Jesus).
40 "But you are not willing to come to Me(Jesus) that you may have life.
Rom 11:32-36
32 For God(Father)has committed them all to disobedience, that He might have mercy on all.
33 Oh, the depth of the riches both of the wisdom and knowledge of God(Father)! How unsearchable are His(Father) judgments and His(Father) ways past finding out!
34 "For who has known the mind of the Lord(Jesus)? Or who has become His(Jesus) counselor?"
35 "Or who has first given to Him(Jesus) and it shall be repaid to him?"
36 For of Him(Father) and through Him(Jesus) and to Him(Father) are all things, to whom be glory forever. Amen.
(NKJ)

THROUGH CHRIST---REASON FOR WAS CHRIST
xxxThe deffinition of through- is reason for. So God created everything through or for the reason of Jesus. God created everything for Jesus sake.

Heb 1:1-6
1 God(Father), who at various times and in various ways spoke in time past to the fathers by the prophets,
2 has in these last days spoken to us by His(Father) Son(Jesus), whom He(Father) has appointed heir of all things, through whom also He(Father) made the worlds;
3 who being the brightness of His(Father) glory and the express image of His person, and upholding all things by the word of His(Father) power, when He(Jesus) had by Himself(Jesus) purged our sins, sat down at the right hand of the Majesty(Father) on high,
4 having become so much better than the angels, as He(Jesus) has by inheritance obtained a more excellent name than they.
5 For to which of the angels did He(Father) ever say: "You(Jesus) are My(Father) Son(Jesus), today I(Father) have begotten You(Jesus)"? And again: "I will be to Him a Father, and He(Jesus) shall be to Me(Father) a Son"?
6 But when He(Father) again brings the firstborn(Jesus) into the world, He(Father) says: "Let all the angels of God(Father) worship Him(Jesus)."

Heb 1:7-11
7 And of the angels He(Father) says: "Who makes His(Father) angels spirits and His(Father) ministers a flame of fire."
8 But to the Son(Jesus) He(Father) says: "Your(Jesus) throne, O God(Jesus), is forever and ever; a scepter of righteousness is the scepter of Your(Jesus) Kingdom.
9 You(Jesus) have loved righteousness and hated lawlessness; therefore God(Father), Your(Jesus) God(Father), has anointed You(Jesus) with the oil of gladness more than Your(Jesus) companions."
10 And: "You(Father), Lord(Father), in the beginning laid the foundation of the earth, and the heavens are the work of Your hands.
11 They will perish, but You(Father) remain; and they will all grow old like a garment;
(NKJ)

2 Cor 3:4
4 And we have such trust through Christ toward God(Father).
Gal 4:7
7 Therefore you are no longer a slave but a son, and if a son, then an heir of God(Father) through Christ(Jesus).
Phil 4:7
7 and the peace of God(Father), which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus.
Phil 4:13
13 I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.
John 1:17
17 For the law was given through Moses, but grace and truth came through Jesus Christ.
Rom 1:8
8 First, I thank my God(Father) through Jesus Christ for you all, that your faith is spoken of throughout the whole world.
Rom 5:21
21 so that as sin reigned in death, even so grace might reign through righteousness to eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord.
2 Cor 5:18-19
19 that is, that God(Father) was in Christ(Jesus) reconciling the world to Himself(Father), not imputing their trespasses to them, and has committed to us the word of reconciliation.
(NKJ)

xxx God the Father done all the creating. God the Father sent His Son Jesus to pay for our sins. And to be an example of how to worship God the Father in the right Spirit. God created Jesus first before anything else. Then God had someone to love. God had someone to give to, but Jesus didnt have anyone that He could give to. So God created everything else through Jesus or for Jesus. The heavens and the earth were created for Jesus. Now to purchase them Jesus had to die on the cross. We all have to prove ourselves to God. Jesus proved Himself, and made the way that we can prove ourselves.
GOD EVEN CREATED JESUS
John 17:5
5 "And now, O Father, glorify Me(Jesus) together with Yourself(Father), with the glory which I(Jesus) had with You(Father) before the world was.
(NKJ)

Eph 1:3-5
3 Blessed be the God(Father) and Father(Father) of our Lord Jesus Christ, who has blessed us with every spiritual blessing in the heavenly places in Christ,
4 just as He(Father) chose us(Christians) in Him(Jesus) before the foundation of the world, that we should be holy and without blame before Him(Father) in love,
5 having predestined us to adoption as sons by Jesus Christ to Himself, according to the good pleasure of His will,
(NKJ)

OK my friend now tell me WHO the SON at the creation is. Jesus was born into the world many years later. He was not SENT, he was born.

Danoh

Genesis 1:3 KJV "And God said, Let there be light" How can God 'say' anything if He didn't first create language?

One's spirit "says" things all the time.

And often, what one asserts one was thinking was not a thought in words at all, rather, a feeling, or even...imagery.

I knew a toddler years ago who spoke only one word until he was about six years old.

One word for every communication he attempted.

And parents often understand all kinds of non-verbal communication from their babies and toddlers as "she is saying / feeling" this, that, the other...

Sort of like that endearing non-verbal "hunh?" puppies and dogs often communicate by leaning their heads to one side.

So, it depends...

Rom. 5:6-8..

CherubRam

Think deeper my brother.

The world itself was created by God through his first creation.

KJV
Col 1:15 Who is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn of every creature:
Col 1:16 For by him were all things created, that are in heaven, and that are in earth, visible and invisible, whether they be thrones, or dominions, or principalities, or powers: all things were created by him, and for him:
Col 1:17 And he is before all things, and by him all things consist.

If ALL things in heaven and earth were created by God through "him" He had to be the FIRST Creation.

ESV Col 1:15 He is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn of all creation.

KJV
Heb 1:2 Hath in these last days spoken unto us by his Son, whom he hath appointed heir of all things, by whom also he made the worlds;

So God must have been alone until he created his Son for he created all through this Son.

Who is this SON?

The bible says that Yahwah did the creating.

Col 1:16 For by (him / Yahwah) were all things created

CherubRam

OK my friend now tell me WHO the SON at the creation is. Jesus was born into the world many years later. He was not SENT, he was born.

John 10:36
what about the one whom the Father set apart as his very own and sent into the world? Why then do you accuse me of blasphemy because I said, ‘I am God’s Son’?
In Context | Full Chapter | Other Translations

[FONT=&quot]A Body You Have Prepared For Me.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Psalm 40 commentary.
N.I.V. foot note for [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Psalms 40:6[/FONT][FONT=&quot] reads:[/FONT][FONT=&quot] “Hebrew; Septuagint: but a body you have prepared for me. (See also Symmachus and Theodotion)” End of quote. [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Symmachus the Ebonite was a late 2nd century author of one of the Greek versions of the Old Testament.[/FONT][FONT=&quot]

Theodotion 200 A.D.
Theodotion was a Jewish scholar, perhaps working in Ephesus, who translated the Hebrew Bible into Greek. Whether he was revising the Septuagint, or was working from Hebrew manuscripts that represented a parallel tradition that has not survived, and is debated. His finished version, which filled some lacunae in the Septuagint version of the Book of Jeremiah and Book of Job, formed one column in Origen's Hexapla. (The Hexapla presented six Hebrew and Greek texts side-by-side: two Greek versions, by Aquila of Sinope and Symmachus, preceding the Septuagint, and Theodotian's version following it, apparently reflecting a contemporary understanding of their historical sequence.

Theodotion's translation was so widely copied in the Early Christian church, that it superseded the Septuagint Book of Daniel. Jerome, in his preface to Daniel records the rejection of the Septuagint version in Christian usage, asserting that its translation was very faulty.

Although Theodotion was Anti-Christ, it may not have occurred to him to change the Hebrew Psalm script from reading: “But a body you have prepared for me.” [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]In [/FONT][FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]Hebrews 10:5[/FONT][/FONT][FONT=&quot] the verse is also repeated. “Therefore, when Christ came into the world, he said: "Sacrifice and offering you did not desire, but a body you prepared for me;”…

[/FONT]

Idolater

"Foundation of the World" Dispensationalist χρ
One's spirit "says" things all the time.

And often, what one asserts one was thinking was not a thought in words at all, rather, a feeling, or even...imagery.

I knew a toddler years ago who spoke only one word until he was about six years old.

One word for every communication he attempted.

And parents often understand all kinds of non-verbal communication from their babies and toddlers as "she is saying / feeling" this, that, the other...

Sort of like that endearing non-verbal "hunh?" puppies and dogs often communicate by leaning their heads to one side.

So, it depends...

Rom. 5:6-8..
God created language.