What God Requires For Our Salvation

Nanja

If Jesus died for the sins of the whole world, 1 John 4:14, then salvation has been provided for everyone, Hebrews 2:9. And now, "Whosoever that shall call on the name of the Lord shall be saved" Romans 10:13.

Jesus Christ died for the whole world of His Elect, meaning of every ethnicity, whether jew or Gentile, from all nations of the earth Gen. 12:3; Gal. 3:8; Rev. 14:6.

As it is declared in the scriptures, Salvation was provided for all the World of the Elect 2 Tim. 1:9: Israel Acts 5:31; Is. 45:17, according to God's own Purpose and Grace given them In Christ Jesus before the world began!

Rom. 3:24
Being justified freely by his grace through the redemption that is in Christ Jesus:

Every one of the Election of Grace Rom. 11:5 shall be Born of the Spirit and shall call upon Him!

Because the Elect are God's Adopted Sons Eph. 1:5, He sends the Spirit of Adoption into their hearts!

Rom. 8:15-17
For ye have not received the spirit of bondage again to fear; but ye have received the Spirit of adoption, whereby we cry, Abba, Father. The Spirit itself beareth witness with our spirit, that we are the children of God: And if children, then heirs; heirs of God, and joint-heirs with Christ; if so be that we suffer with him, that we may be also glorified together.

~~~

Robert Pate

Banned
Jesus Christ died for the whole world of His Elect, meaning of every ethnicity, whether jew or Gentile, from all nations of the earth Gen. 12:3; Gal. 3:8; Rev. 14:6.

As it is declared in the scriptures, Salvation was provided for all the World of the Elect 2 Tim. 1:9: Israel Acts 5:31; Is. 45:17, according to God's own Purpose and Grace given them In Christ Jesus before the world began!

Rom. 3:24
Being justified freely by his grace through the redemption that is in Christ Jesus:

Every one of the Election of Grace Rom. 11:5 shall be Born of the Spirit and shall call upon Him!

Because the Elect are God's Adopted Sons Eph. 1:5, He sends the Spirit of Adoption into their hearts!

Rom. 8:15-17
For ye have not received the spirit of bondage again to fear; but ye have received the Spirit of adoption, whereby we cry, Abba, Father. The Spirit itself beareth witness with our spirit, that we are the children of God: And if children, then heirs; heirs of God, and joint-heirs with Christ; if so be that we suffer with him, that we may be also glorified together.

~~~

Your Calvinist God is unjust, unmerciful, unrighteous and is a sinner.

You would sell your mother into slavery to defend your false God.

Jerry Shugart

This is the plight of fallen man, he doesn't have it to offer because he is born into sin, Psalm 51:5. He is born a sinner and lives his whole life as a sinner, This is why Paul wrote, "There is none righteous, no, not one" Romans 3:10.

No one can say that they are righteous from birth, "For all have sinned and come short of the glory of God" Romans 3:23.

Paul said that there are none righteous because all have sinned, not that they were born dead in sin. Let us look at this verse which you cited:

"Behold, I was shapen in iniquity; and in sin did my mother conceive me. Behold, thou desirest truth in the inward parts: and in the hidden part thou shalt make me to know wisdom. Purge me with hyssop, and I shall be clean: wash me, and I shall be whiter than snow. Make me to hear joy and gladness; that the bones which thou hast broken may rejoice"
(Ps.51:5-8).​

If all of these verses are to be taken literally then verse seven can be evidence that men are cleansed from their sins "with hyssop." Verse eight can also be taken in a literal sense to teach that broken bones rejoice!

On the other hand, in the OT we read:

"For thou hast possessed my reins: thou hast covered me in my mother's womb. I will praise thee; for I am fearfully and wonderfully made: marvellous are thy works; and that my soul knoweth right well" (Ps.139:13-14).​

Your ideas are the same teachings which are taught within Calvinism..

Robert Pate

Banned
Paul said that there are none righteous because all have sinned, not that they were born dead in sin. Let us look at this verse which you cited:

"Behold, I was shapen in iniquity; and in sin did my mother conceive me. Behold, thou desirest truth in the inward parts: and in the hidden part thou shalt make me to know wisdom. Purge me with hyssop, and I shall be clean: wash me, and I shall be whiter than snow. Make me to hear joy and gladness; that the bones which thou hast broken may rejoice"
(Ps.51:5-8).​

If all of these verses are to be taken literally then verse seven can be evidence that men are cleansed from their sins "with hyssop." Verse eight can also be taken in a literal sense to teach that broken bones rejoice!

On the other hand, in the OT we read:

"For thou hast possessed my reins: thou hast covered me in my mother's womb. I will praise thee; for I am fearfully and wonderfully made: marvellous are thy works; and that my soul knoweth right well" (Ps.139:13-14).​

Your ideas are the same teachings which are taught within Calvinism..

No my teachings are according to the Bible. We are all sinners. We all come short of the glory of God. This is why Paul wrote, "There is none righteous, no, not one" Romans 3:10.

Jerry Shugart

No my teachings are according to the Bible. We are all sinners. We all come short of the glory of God. This is why Paul wrote, "There is none righteous, no, not one" Romans 3:10.

There is none righteous because all have sinned--not because they are born that way.It is evident that the Lord Jesus did not believe that little children are born dead in sin, as witnessed by His words here:

"Then people brought little children to Jesus for him to place his hands on them and pray for them. But the disciples rebuked them. Jesus said, 'Let the little children come to me, and do not hinder them, for the kingdom of heaven belongs to such as these'" (Mt.19:13-14; NIV).​

Are we to believe that the Lord believed that infants are born dead in sin but yet He would say that "the kingdom of heaven belongs to such as these"? Of course not!

At another place we see the Lord Jesus speaking about children and here the same truth can be seen:

"At the same time came the disciples unto Jesus, saying, Who is the greatest in the kingdom of heaven? And Jesus called a little child unto him, and set him in the midst of them, And said, Verily I say unto you, Except ye be converted, and become as little children, ye shall not enter into the kingdom of heaven. Whosoever therefore shall humble himself as this little child, the same is greatest in the kingdom of heaven" (Mt.18:1-4).​

If the idea of Original Sin is correct then we must throw our reason to the wind and imagine that the Lord Jesus was teaching that unless we are dead in sin then we cannot enter into the kingdom of heaven! That is patently ridiculous and common sense dictates that the Lord Jesus did not believe that infants come into this world under the just wrath and curse of God.

Robert Pate

Banned
There is none righteous because all have sinned--not because they are born that way.It is evident that the Lord Jesus did not believe that little children are born dead in sin, as witnessed by His words here:

"Then people brought little children to Jesus for him to place his hands on them and pray for them. But the disciples rebuked them. Jesus said, 'Let the little children come to me, and do not hinder them, for the kingdom of heaven belongs to such as these'" (Mt.19:13-14; NIV).​

Are we to believe that the Lord believed that infants are born dead in sin but yet He would say that "the kingdom of heaven belongs to such as these"? Of course not!

At another place we see the Lord Jesus speaking about children and here the same truth can be seen:

"At the same time came the disciples unto Jesus, saying, Who is the greatest in the kingdom of heaven? And Jesus called a little child unto him, and set him in the midst of them, And said, Verily I say unto you, Except ye be converted, and become as little children, ye shall not enter into the kingdom of heaven. Whosoever therefore shall humble himself as this little child, the same is greatest in the kingdom of heaven" (Mt.18:1-4).​

If the idea of Original Sin is correct then we must throw our reason to the wind and imagine that the Lord Jesus was teaching that unless we are dead in sin then we cannot enter into the kingdom of heaven! That is patently ridiculous and common sense dictates that the Lord Jesus did not believe that infants come into this world under the just wrath and curse of God.

The Bible teaches that we are born into sin, Psalm 51:5.

"Wherefore as by one man sin entered into the world, and death by sin; and so death passed upon all men, for that all men have sinned" Romans 5:12.

We have inherited the sin of our first father. Just as sin is passed down from the mother and father of the children.

Paul said that, "There is NONE righteous, no, not ONE" Romans 3:10.

If children were born righteous the Bible would say so. There is NOTHING.

You should let the Bible dictate what you believe.

Little children are sinners from the get-go. Even little babies are selfish and have a rude nature. I have been bitten by them.

Jerry Shugart

"Wherefore as by one man sin entered into the world, and death by sin; and so death passed upon all men, for that all men have sinned" Romans 5:12.

That verse clearly teaches that death came upon all men because they sinned--not because they were born dead in sin. There are many places in the Scriptures where we can see that it is our own sins which bring death:

"But every man is tempted, when he is drawn away of his own lust, and enticed. Then when lust hath conceived, it bringeth forth sin: and sin, when it is finished, bringeth forth death" (Jas.1:14-15).​

"What fruit had ye then in those things whereof ye are now ashamed? for the end of those things is death...For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord"
(Ro.6:21,23).​

From all of this we can understand that a person does not emerge from the womb in a state described as being spiritually dead. If a person is born spirtually dead as a result of Adam's sin then it would be impossible for him to die spiritually as a result of his own sin. That is because a person must be alive spiritually before he can die spiritually. The very definition of "death" demands that a person must be alive spiritually before he can die spiritually: "the end of life" (Merriam-Webster.com).

Robert, what kind of "death" do you think is being referred to in those two verses?

Thanks!

beloved57

Not when you deny the Gospel and teach that sinners Christ died for are going to perish in their sins anyways!

Robert Pate

Banned
That verse clearly teaches that death came upon all men because they sinned--not because they were born dead in sin. There are many places in the Scriptures where we can see that it is our own sins which bring death:

"But every man is tempted, when he is drawn away of his own lust, and enticed. Then when lust hath conceived, it bringeth forth sin: and sin, when it is finished, bringeth forth death" (Jas.1:14-15).​

"What fruit had ye then in those things whereof ye are now ashamed? for the end of those things is death...For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord"
(Ro.6:21,23).​

From all of this we can understand that a person does not emerge from the womb in a state described as being spiritually dead. If a person is born spirtually dead as a result of Adam's sin then it would be impossible for him to die spiritually as a result of his own sin. That is because a person must be alive spiritually before he can die spiritually. The very definition of "death" demands that a person must be alive spiritually before he can die spiritually: "the end of life" (Merriam-Webster.com).

Robert, what kind of "death" do you think is being referred to in those two verses?

Thanks!

We will sin because we are sinners. Our fathers sinned and we are born after our fathers.

This is why we need to be born again. Why would we need to be born again if we are born righteous?

"Being born again, not of corruptible seed (Adam) but of incorruptible seed (Christ) by the word of God (The Gospel) which lives and abides forever" 1 Peter 1:23.

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER

We have inherited the sin of our first father. Just as sin is passed down from the mother and father of the children.

Paul said that, "There is NONE righteous, no, not ONE" Romans 3:10.

If children were born righteous the Bible would say so. There is NOTHING.

You should let the Bible dictate what you believe.

Little children are sinners from the get-go. Even little babies are selfish and have a rude nature. I have been bitten by them.

Was Jesus born "little Jesus meek and mild"?

Heb 5:8 Though he were a Son, yet learned he obedience by the things which he suffered;

LA

Robert Pate

Banned
What God Requires for Our Salvation?

Repentance and return to the obedience of God's Law. (Isaiah 1:18,19)

No, God requires a life of perfect obedience to his holy law and a perfect atonement for our sin.

You have nothing to offer because you are an unbelieving sinner.

beloved57

No, God requires a life of perfect obedience to his holy law and a perfect atonement for our sin.

You have nothing to offer because you are an unbelieving sinner.

You teach that sinners Christ provides a perfect life to Gods law for and a perfect atonement for their sins, still wind up lost in their sins anyways!

KingdomRose

I didn't realize you don't believe in original sin. Hmmmm. I wonder why you think Christ died for us. If Adam hadn't sinned, Jesus never would have had to come here at all.

Children are born in sin (because we all come from Adam) but they are not responsible for any sin while they are too young to know their right hand from their left. It is willful, deliberate sin that gets a person in trouble with God.

Robert Pate

Banned
I didn't realize you don't believe in original sin. Hmmmm. I wonder why you think Christ died for us. If Adam hadn't sinned, Jesus never would have had to come here at all.

Children are born in sin (because we all come from Adam) but they are not responsible for any sin while they are too young to know their right hand from their left. It is willful, deliberate sin that gets a person in trouble with God.

Jerry needs to go work in a day care center with those little sinners. "Whaaaa, that's mine, give it to me."