What does God's Holy Law Demand?

Gurucam

About the people mentioned in Ephesians: 1 verses: 4 & 5.

About the people mentioned in Ephesians: 1 verses: 4 & 5.

About the people mentioned in Ephesians: 1 verses: 4 & 5. (re. post #835)

It was no done deal. There were things still to come to them. Paul prayed for those mentioned in Ephesians: 1 verses: 4 & 5 to get these thing. Here are the details as literally confirmed in the KJV N.T.:

Ephesians: 1 KJV N.T.
4 According as he hath chosen us in him before the foundation of the world, that we should be holy and without blame before him in love:
5 Having predestinated us unto the adoption of children by Jesus Christ to himself, according to 'the good pleasure of his will.

The above was simply a hope and expectation. They were chosen in the hope and expectation that they should be holy and blameless. They were simply predestine to become adopted children through (the Spirit of) Jesus Christ. However it was still subjected to the good pleasure of his will. It was no done deal.

It was no done deal because Paul indicated that he always remembered them and prayed for them to get what they needed to achieve the above expectations:

Paul said to them:

16 (I, Paul,) Cease not to give thanks for you, making mention of you in my prayers;

Paul's pray for them was:

17 That the God of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of glory, may give unto you the spirit of wisdom (i.e. the Spirit of Truth who brings All Truth) and revelation in the knowledge of him (i.e. revelation of the knowledge of the Spirit, 'not seen' and eternal Son of God, Lord Jesus):
18 The eyes of your understanding being enlightened; that ye may know (1.) what is the hope of his calling (i.e. your mission in the body of Christ and Jesus' mission), and (2.) what the riches of the glory of his inheritance in the saints/Christians (the experience of a life in Christ)

The mention of enlightened is very important. Enlightened means having totally dropped all laws and doctrines of and in, scriptures, so as to esteem and be led, unconditionally, by only the Spirit of Truth/Spirit of Jesus/Spirit of Intercession as discerned through one's own heart or spirit. (re. Hebrews: 6 verses: 1 to 6 KJV N.T.)

The mention of 'what is the hope of his calling' is also very important. This is Jesus' big picture of heaven on earth for those who follow Him.

The mention of 'his calling' is also very important. His calling for one is one's mission in the body of Christ. One's mission in the body of Christ is that form of doctrine that is delivered to one's heart And obeying from the heart that form of doctrine which was delivered to one, even if one has to transgress the ten commandments. This is called 'obedience onto righteousness':

Romans:6 KJV N.T.
16 Know ye not, that to whom ye yield yourselves servants to obey, his servants ye are to whom ye obey; whether of sin unto death, or of obedience unto righteousness?
17 But God be thanked, that ye were the servants of sin, but ye have obeyed from the heart that form of doctrine which was delivered you .
18 Being then made free from sin, ye became the servants of righteousness.

Those people mentioned in Ephesians: 1 verses: 4 & 5 did not yet have and/or did not yet experience, the following:

1. the spirit of wisdom
(i.e. the Spirit of Truth/Spirit of Jesus/Spirit of Intercession).
2. revelation in the knowledge of him
(i.e. they did not know (achieved communion with) the Spirit, 'not seen' and eternal, Son of God Lord Jesus, like Paul)
3. the eyes of their understanding being enlightened,
(i.e. their hearts were still waxed grossed. They did not yet have 'the eyes to see', 'the ears to hear' and 'the hearts to understand'.)
4. the riches of the glory of his inheritance in the saints
(they were not yet Saints/Christians/children of God)
5. Enlightenment
(they had not yet tasted the heavenly gift, the good word of God, and the powers of the world to come and were not yet made partakers of the Holy Ghost)
6. a life 'in Christ'.
7. 'the hope in his calling'
(one's mission in the body of Christ and Jesus' big picture of heaven on earth for those who follow Him.)
8. entry into God's kingdom of heaven.

Paul's pray was that those people mentioned in Ephesians: 1 verses: 4 & 5. would get the above eight things. Clearly it was no done deal for them.

Hebrews: 9 King James Version (KJV)
27 And as it is appointed unto men once to die, but after this the judgment:

Judgment is based on works:

Galatians: 6 King James Version (KJV)
7 Be not deceived; God is not mocked: for whatsoever a man soweth, that shall he also reap.
8 For he that soweth to his flesh shall of the flesh reap corruption; but he that soweth to the Spirit shall of the Spirit reap life everlasti
ng.

Last edited:

God's Truth

You do have to do more and that is listen to Paul who was a chosen vessel to expound the gospel of faith alone.

Paul preaches obedience.

Romans 2:5 But because of your stubbornness and your unrepentant heart, you are storing up wrath against yourself for the day of God’s wrath, when his righteous judgment will be revealed. 6 God “will repay each person according to what they have done.” 7 To those who by persistence in doing good seek glory, honor and immortality, he will give eternal life. 8 But for those who are self-seeking and who reject the truth and follow evil, there will be wrath and anger. 9 There will be trouble and distress for every human being who does evil: first for the Jew, then for the Gentile; 10 but glory, honor and peace for everyone who does good: first for the Jew, then for the Gentile. 11 For God does not show favoritism.

Robert Pate

Banned
Paul preaches obedience.

Romans 2:5 But because of your stubbornness and your unrepentant heart, you are storing up wrath against yourself for the day of God’s wrath, when his righteous judgment will be revealed. 6 God “will repay each person according to what they have done.” 7 To those who by persistence in doing good seek glory, honor and immortality, he will give eternal life. 8 But for those who are self-seeking and who reject the truth and follow evil, there will be wrath and anger. 9 There will be trouble and distress for every human being who does evil: first for the Jew, then for the Gentile; 10 but glory, honor and peace for everyone who does good: first for the Jew, then for the Gentile. 11 For God does not show favoritism.

If you are "In Christ" and posses the Holy Spirit you will do what is right. The Holy Spirit is the Christians teacher and guide, not the law. If you need instructions in the law you are NOT a Christian.

Ben Masada

If you are "In Christ" and posses the Holy Spirit you will do what is right. The Holy Spirit is the Christians teacher and guide, not the law. If you need instructions in the law you are NOT a Christian.

Why then would Jesus himself warn his listeners to listen to "Moses" aka the Law? (Luke 16:29-31) This is absurd and makes absolutely no sense.

God's Truth

If you are "In Christ" and posses the Holy Spirit you will do what is right.

You say any ole lie.

King David committed adultery and had someone murdered when he had the Holy Spirit.

Psalm 51:11 Do not cast me from your presence or take your Holy Spirit from me.

How about Saul from the Old Testament.

Saul sinned by not obeying God and God took His Spirit from him and gave him a demon.

God's Truth

Robert Pate, get back here and address these scriptures now! lol

Oh how I love the Word of God!

Paul preaches obedience.

God's Truth

The Readers here can see how Robert Pate just IGNORED the scriptures where PAUL says obedience for eternal life and how God does NOT SHOW FAVORITISM. God does not say oh you are a believer so I will act as if I do not see the unrepentant evil you are doing.

THAT IS WHAT ROBERT PATE TEACHES!

He is a false teacher and slanders me who speaks the truth about obeying Jesus.

Robert Pate said a person with the Holy Spirit will do what is right!

I have rebuked him with God's Truth!

Robert Pate

Banned
Why then would Jesus himself warn his listeners to listen to "Moses" aka the Law? (Luke 16:29-31) This is absurd and makes absolutely no sense.

If you would hear Moses and the law you would know that...

"There is none righteous, no, not one" Romans 3:10.

Robert Pate

Banned
The Readers here can see how Robert Pate just IGNORED the scriptures where PAUL says obedience for eternal life and how God does NOT SHOW FAVORITISM. God does not say oh you are a believer so I will act as if I do not see the unrepentant evil you are doing.

THAT IS WHAT ROBERT PATE TEACHES!

He is a false teacher and slanders me who speaks the truth about obeying Jesus.

Robert Pate said a person with the Holy Spirit will do what is right!

I have rebuked him with God's Truth!

You don't have God's truth.

If you did you would know that you have fallen short of the glory of God, Romans 3:23.

If you judge me you are judging Christ, because I am perfect and complete "In Christ".

You are trying to be perfect and complete in your flesh.

God's Truth

You don't have God's truth.

If you did you would know that you have fallen short of the glory of God, Romans 3:23.

If you judge me you are judging Christ, because I am perfect and complete "In Christ".

You are trying to be perfect and complete in your flesh.

Robert Pate, get back here and address these scriptures now! lol

Oh how I love the Word of God!

Paul preaches obedience.

Robert Pate

Banned
You say any ole lie.

King David committed adultery and had someone murdered when he had the Holy Spirit.

Psalm 51:11 Do not cast me from your presence or take your Holy Spirit from me.

How about Saul from the Old Testament.

Saul sinned by not obeying God and God took His Spirit from him and gave him a demon.

We are not robots. We can resist the leading of the Spirit. When you do that you will know that also.

God's Truth

There you go again, calling the apostles liars.

I hope that I am there when you stand before God in the judgment and present your righteousness.

The Holy Spirit SANCTIFIES.

1 Peter 1:2

The Holy Spirit WASHES and RENEWS.

Titus 3:5

We are washed, sanctified, and justified in the name of the Lord Jesus Christ and by the Spirit of our God. We are saved through the sanctifying work of the Spirit and through belief in the truth. We become an offering acceptable to God, sanctified by the Holy Spirit. We are being transformed into Jesus’ likeness. We show that we are a letter from Christ, written not with ink but with the Spirit of the living God, on tablets of human hearts.

Robert Pate

Banned
The Holy Spirit SANCTIFIES.

1 Peter 1:2

The Holy Spirit WASHES and RENEWS.

Titus 3:5

We are washed, sanctified, and justified in the name of the Lord Jesus Christ and by the Spirit of our God. We are saved through the sanctifying work of the Spirit and through belief in the truth. We become an offering acceptable to God, sanctified by the Holy Spirit. We are being transformed into Jesus’ likeness. We show that we are a letter from Christ, written not with ink but with the Spirit of the living God, on tablets of human hearts.

I can see you now.

"But Lord, Lord, didn't I keep the commandments".

And then in a puff of smoke you will be gone.