What disgusts you the most about beanieboy?

What disgusts you the most about beanieboy?

• He's a homo.

Votes: 4 11.8%
  • He's a hypocrite.

Votes: 2 5.9%
  • He uses the bible(something he claims not to believe in) to tell Christians how they should live.

Votes: 19 55.9%
  • He claims not to need Christ in order to be loved by God.

Votes: 9 26.5%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

beanieboy

On Fire said:
God and His word have authority over you.

Not according to Buddhism.
You are aware that most Buddhists don't see the bible anything other than a book that Christians believe to be holy?
A non-believer won't believe in the bible, since they don't believe in Jesus/God/HS, so what is the point with quoting scripture to a nonbeliever?

You might as well quote Dr. Seuss.

fool

Hall of Fame
On Fire said:
God and His word have authority over you.
sounds like it's somthing between him and God then
I don't see where On Fire fits in

Carver

God has authority over all, because He's God. But I'm having some trouble seeing how His word has authority over non-Christians. Maybe that's in Matthew chapter 32?

Justin (Wiccan)

On Fire said:
Which makes me wonder....why a Christian would debate scripture with you.

Rather misses the point ... not to mention the question that I asked you: Let us say that, as a non-Christian, I argue that Christians should not commit adultery, and use the appropriate scriptures to make my argument, is my argument somehow invalid, because I lack that "deeper understanding?"

As this is not a Bible question, per se, you won't be debating scripture with me, so I'm confident you'll be able to answer easily.

Carver

It seems to me an easy-out to just flatly deny that non-Christians can ever make sense about Scripture. G.K. Chesterton once defined free speech as the idea "that truth is so much larger and stranger and more many-sided than we know of, that it is very much better at all costs to hear every one's account of it" It seems to me that free speech within a Biblical context can't be a bad thing. And while certain things will be said that are patently wrong and untrue, we might just be pleasantly surprised at some other things which might be said.

On Fire

allsmiles said:
Why does the bible not apply to christians if an unbeliever quotes it? Why do words capable of being taken at face value like, love your neighbor, lose their meaning if an unbeliever quotes them? I don't understand this at all.
The Bible applies to Christians always.

Beanie likes to misquote the Bible a lot and wants to believe only the parts that benefit him and his sinful deathstyle.

On Fire

beanieboy said:
Not according to Buddhism.
You are aware that most Buddhists don't see the bible anything other than a book that Christians believe to be holy?
A non-believer won't believe in the bible, since they don't believe in Jesus/God/HS, so what is the point with quoting scripture to a nonbeliever?

You might as well quote Dr. Seuss.
So why do you quote the Bible and demand to be treated accordingly?

On Fire

Justin (Wiccan) said:
Rather misses the point ... not to mention the question that I asked you: Let us say that, as a non-Christian, I argue that Christians should not commit adultery, and use the appropriate scriptures to make my argument, is my argument somehow invalid, because I lack that "deeper understanding?"
As I said earlier, there's a big difference between making true statements and understanding God's word.

fool

Hall of Fame
fool said:
so your claiming personal revealation by God of the true meaning of the words?
what if the meaning revealed to another believer is not the same?
does that mean God is wrong?
or are you and the other believer just a couple of kooks argueing about what your imaginary freind told you?

Caille

SUTG said:
I voted "He uses the bible"

Although I have nothing against Beanieboy, I find the Bible disgusting.

:darwinsm:

Just when I was about to pull the plug, I come across this. Thanks for the laughs guys.

play nice.

Chileice

I didn't vote because he doesn't disgust me. He intrigues me. I think he must have a screw loose to just come on here and be constantly derided and put up with it the way he does. Either he is a masochist or he is a paragon of the virtue of patience.

I think he is also a source of endless entertainment for the name-calling crowd. I mean, without Beanie, the number of threads was dropping off the charts. He must personally be responsible for the starting of at least 100 threads... 100 started by other people about him. Of course he has also added a large number... many of which became bash-beanie threads. So all in all I am intrigued. I don't know how he can seem to love the Bible so much without actually wanting to be a Christian. But it doesn't disgust me. I wonder why people find quoting the Bible disgusting? Maybe Beanie is closer to the kingdom than many give him credit for. Only the Spirit knows for sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.