What disgusts you the most about beanieboy?

What disgusts you the most about beanieboy?

• He's a homo.

Votes: 4 11.8%
  • He's a hypocrite.

Votes: 2 5.9%
  • He uses the bible(something he claims not to believe in) to tell Christians how they should live.

Votes: 19 55.9%
  • He claims not to need Christ in order to be loved by God.

Votes: 9 26.5%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

On Fire

kmoney said:
This goes out to all the Christians posting in this post...Do any of you actually think that this thread, that talking about what thing you hate most about someone is Christlike?

Balder asked basically the same question but I haven't seen anyone address it.

Is it wrong to rebuke someone in sin? No.
Is it wrong to rebuke someone who is misquoting the bible? No
Is it wrong to rebuke someone who is using scripture to justify sinful behavior? No.

What I think IS wrong is the way in which it is being done in this thread and many others on this forum. Like I said before, I think it is disgusting that Christians have this thread, and seem to justify it. I have heard Christians say that people get offended too easily, that may be true and I agree with that for the most part, but what is going here is indefensible. I will not and can not say that you don't truly care about beanieboy's (and others like him on this forum) salvation and whether or not he is going to hell because I have no idea what is in your heart, but I will say this: Your actions say you don't. Do you realize that you are giving NOTHING for the unsaved to look at you and want to be like you. I understand that as Christians we are not to look for man's approval, but God's, but I ask you this: Do you think God looks at this thread and others like it with approval? Do you think He is glad that you are rebuking a sinner? or do you think he is sad that the "Christians" on this site aren't showing his love and that people are using certain events in his life (calling the pharisees vipers, calling the phoneocian woman a dog) to justify their outright hatred?

Some of you may argue that Beanieboy has consistently not repented of his sin and consistently misused the bible, therefore it's justified to rebuke him so strongly, but I say it's still not. In fact, I say that what you say to beanieboy is beyond rebuke and is straightout degradation. What did Jesus tell the apostles to do if they weren't welcomed or if people didn't repent at a city or house? They were supposed to leave and shake the dust of their sandals as they left. For those who believe that threads like this are justified because you think beanieboy has not repented, I would ask you to think about this. Did Jesus tell the disciples to talk about how much they hate the people? No. They are to move on and go to the next town.

If you ignore this post I will ask one thing, Can anyone who calls themself a Christian justify this thread? I think not.

Beanieboy has confronted people about not seeing fruit of the spirit in you because of what you say to him, you generally just avoid the question by moving towards the fact that he is a homosexual and therefore is in sin and isn't a Christian and can't use scripture or try to confront you about something. Well I am a Christian and I am asking you the same thing....Do you think the fruit of the spirit are evidenced in you and your actions and your words?

and one last thing, for anyone who thinks that I approve of his homosexuality and seek to justify it I am in no way doing that. I believe homosexuality is a sin just like you all.

Kevin
:BRAVO:

One Eyed Jack

beanieboy said:
Buddhists believe that you can overcome evil with good, anger with gentleness, cruelty with kindness.

San Te overcomes evil with a three-section staff.

"We must put down evil. And you're evil -- you've killed too many men."

"Aye, I've killed a lot of men. But never a monk, not yet."

Nineveh

Merely Christian
kmoney said:
You are asking for specific examples, but I am not going to single out people by doing that.

You didn't feel this way when you found fault. Although you didn't mention specific folks, which makes me wonder how anyone is to be edified by your mere dislike of what you percieve to be improper, which at this point, I'm still unclear on.

I am not saying that every response to beanieboy is arrogant, self-righteous, etc...but it is definitely there.

Which is why I asked for examples.

You may claim that I can't find examples so I'm hiding behind the "not wanting to single people out" excuse, but that isn't true.

When did I say such a thing? Haven't I been asking you for examples so I can see exactly what you mean? How many times have I asked you now?

And even if I couldn't give you specific examples, in my opinion the thread topics in themselves show what I am talking about. "What disgusts you most about beanieboy?"...."Is it christlike to call beanieboy a faggot?"......

So you are judging the thread by their titles instead of their content?

My main problem was not every single post in this thread, but the thread topic in itself. A poll about what you hate most about someone. There is another thread on if it is christ-like to call him a faggot. This is an honest question....Do you think that these threads are justifiable? We shouldn't even be having this conversation because this thread shouldn't even exist. In the thread about calling him a faggot, christians were laughing about homosexuals molesting children and turning those children into more homosexuals. That is absolutely ridiculous. People have accused beanieboy of using the bible to justify his sinful lifestyle while also using it to accuse christians, but what about christins using Jesus calling the pharisees a brood of vipers to justify calling beanieboy a faggot? Are they not both wrong?

I don't mean to be rude, but you have already stated your "problems" with what you percieve to be improper. But so far, your mere "problems" aren't helping me to understand what it is you find fault with and how you would do it rightly. Are you implying that if this thread had a different title you would be ok with it?

Last edited:

Nineveh

Merely Christian
kmoney said:
Nineveh,
I have reread the majority of this thread, and I don't believe you exhibit what I am talking about. This was never meant to be an attack on you specifically, but like I said, I do not want to single out people. I am confident that if you read through threads you will find what I am talking about. Not just specifically against beanieboy, but in general.

Do you feel it is useful to judge "non specified person" for "non specified error"? I do not see this as very edifying way to judge, rebuke or correct.

Nineveh

Merely Christian
TheSearcher said:
the thing that all I hear the most on this thread is how people disaprove of the life Bean is living. The "sin" he is destroying him self with. The horrid manner in which he is living his life, blah, blah blah. Thats what I keep hearing here. What all of us need to realize is that, he dosent need, and probably dosent want the approval of any one here. Every one here must think they could live his life better then he is. Frankly, Bean doesnt need our approval, he doesnt need any ones help, the life he lives is his to live alone.

I wouldnt presume to tell any one how best to live their lives. I dont really find it shocking that the christians here do. Seeing as when I was I did the same thing. But not any more. So, I guess what I'm getting at is, maybe we should all stop concerning our selves with Beans sex life, which I dont want to think about at all, for some reason, several people here for some reason are enamored by it. So, lets focus on the theological elements here, and not the sexual.

What I can't believe are the people who don't care what diseases he may get and spread through his "lifestyle". I can think of nothing more cruel and hateful than apathy.

Nineveh

Merely Christian
kmoney said:
I already said I was wrong to not give credit where credit is due concerning this. I just noticed that Knight has an entire thing devoted to answering beanieboy's questions, so people obviously have given him a fair chance. But like I said before, despite all that I still don't believe this thread is good.

I do not know if this is exactly what you mean by "misuse of scriptures", but I have seen people call him a hypocrite when he uses scriptures against christians and then doesn't live by the other verses that condemn his lifestyle, I agree that can be seen as hypocritical, but that doesn't mean that what he is talking to people about is not valid. If you saw a buddhist who was clearly not following what buddhism says to do, would you not bring it to his/her attention because you don't actually follow buddhism? I believe that you could confront the buddhist about that and not necessarily be a hypocrite.

Now you say you might have found fault with bean, but yet, you speak to me rather than him, why is that?

Nineveh

Merely Christian
The Edge said:
That is not Christlike behavior.

Poly said:
This is an example of the kind of post with which The Edge is less than honest. I don't think it's any coincidence the he lumped erinmarie in with the rest. I think he knows that she's never said anything against beanieboy but it was a subtle way to lump her in due to him being at odds with her in the past.

You are unstable in your ways, The Edge. You've apologized to people on the board and then turn right around and take it back. You say one thing about a person and then change your mind and say another. It's hard to take anything you say seriously because your too wishy washy. You're more concerned with being led by your emotions than by truth.

Maybe it's his way of exhibiting "Christ-like" behavior?

kmoney

Hall of Fame
Nineveh,
I said...."You may claim that I can't find examples so I'm hiding behind the "not wanting to single people out" excuse, but that isn't true. "
you responded....
Nineveh said:
When did I say such a thing? Haven't I been asking you for examples so I can see exactly what you mean? How many times have I asked you now?
I didn't mean to say you already said that. sorry for the misunderstanding. What I meant was that you might say that after you read that I don't want to give specific examples. I didn't mean to imply that you had already said that.
Nineveh said:
So you are judging the thread by their titles instead of their content?
No, I am not judging the title. I will say though that the general topic of discussion of this thread changed from actually talking about the poll to mainly the topic of why it's wrong for beanieboy to use scripture to accuse Christians. What bothers me is the poll. I find it horrible that Christians would talk about what they hate most about someone. If you want examples? Just find any post by someone that answered the poll and then posted what they voted for. I don't mean to say the actual title is what frustrates me, a different title wouldn't matter to me. What bothers me is that there is a poll to vote for the most disgusting thing about someone.

other examples....
When you are as pathetic as beanieboy, yes.
It's not everybody that gets a poll created on what's the most disgusting thing about them. But he really takes the cake on what it means to be pure scum in so many areas.
Oh shut up, you sorry wimp! What are you my mother? Quit talking down to me as if you're somebody who is in a position to do so. You don't know the first thing about Christian maturity.
Those weren't toward beanieboy but they are examples of what I am talking about.

Another example...Poly posted a verse that she believed gave christians a right to have a thread like this, I posted a reponse questioning if that verse actually justified this thread and she didn't respond, she bad repped me and said "Sometimes the wicked are mocked. End of story.".....Now, the bad rep isn't what bothers me, if she has a different opinion and wants to bad rep me than fine, but what I want is an explanation, not "end of story".

Like I said before, the topic of discussion did shift from the poll of this thread to other topics and my post was not for those posts, it is for the fact that there was a thread that is devoted to talk about what people hate most about someone.

If you did answer this I apolgize for asking again but I don't remember reading a response to it so here is my question again....
Do you think a thread devoted to talking about what you find most disgusting about someone is ok for Christians? If so, please explain and give the relevant scriptures if you have some.

Poly posted this verse....
Proverbs 1:26 "I also will laugh at your calamity, I will mock when your terror comes."

I posted this response....
kmoney said:
Do you honestly believe that verse justifies this thread? Solomon is writing as if wisdom were talking and I believe it is the wisdom of God or God himself, not just any Christian who decides it's time to mock someone. Also, unless you are considering beanieboy's homosexuality as "calamity" or "terror", I'm not sure how you can use this verse because it doesn't seem as if any of these has happened to him.
which, apparently she thinks I have it wrong but she didn't take the time to explain it or help me to understand a different meaning that I didn't see in that verse.

there may very well be other verses but that is the one she used.

Kevin

Nineveh

Merely Christian
kmoney said:
Nineveh,
I said...."You may claim that I can't find examples so I'm hiding behind the "not wanting to single people out" excuse, but that isn't true. "
you responded....

I didn't mean to say you already said that. sorry for the misunderstanding. What I meant was that you might say that after you read that I don't want to give specific examples. I didn't mean to imply that you had already said that.

I really wish you would give examples though...

No, I am not judging the title. I will say though that the general topic of discussion of this thread changed from actually talking about the poll to mainly the topic of why it's wrong for beanieboy to use scripture to accuse Christians. What bothers me is the poll. I find it horrible that Christians would talk about what they hate most about someone. If you want examples? Just find any post by someone that answered the poll and then posted what they voted for. I don't mean to say the actual title is what frustrates me, a different title wouldn't matter to me. What bothers me is that there is a poll to vote for the most disgusting thing about someone.

And what was the winning option? He misuses Scriptures. So I'm not really sure why you are judging this thread by the poll either. Since you yourself claim that someone who does this should be corrected.

other examples....

Why did you leave off who the quote was from? That was really rude of you to neglect contributing remarks to their speaker.

WHO KNOWS said:
When you are as pathetic as beanieboy, yes.
It's not everybody that gets a poll created on what's the most disgusting thing about them. But he really takes the cake on what it means to be pure scum in so many areas.

WHO KNOWS said:
Oh shut up, you sorry wimp! What are you my mother? Quit talking down to me as if you're somebody who is in a position to do so. You don't know the first thing about Christian maturity.

Since I don't know who those belong to or what context they were used in, I'm not about to judge those words.

Those weren't toward beanieboy but they are examples of what I am talking about.

Let me get this straight....

You come on this thread upset about un named people making remarks you take out of context to prove your point about how mean people are being to bean, and these remarks aren't even to him?

Another example...Poly posted a verse that she believed gave christians a right to have a thread like this, I posted a reponse questioning if that verse actually justified this thread and she didn't respond, she bad repped me and said "Sometimes the wicked are mocked. End of story.".....Now, the bad rep isn't what bothers me, if she has a different opinion and wants to bad rep me than fine, but what I want is an explanation, not "end of story".

Ok. Well, you did say there isn't one set way to witness. Mockery is a tool we are given to that end. At this point I'm going to ask you, do you think no one should ever mock the wicked?

Like I said before, the topic of discussion did shift from the poll of this thread to other topics and my post was not for those posts, it is for the fact that there was a thread that is devoted to talk about what people hate most about someone.

Hate? No, that's "disgusts you the most". So you are aware the thread is about that most disgusting characteristic of bean, correct? That being his misuse of Scriptures, yet, your first post was to judge the thread for not being "appropriet". It very much looks as if you simply judged the thread by the title instead of maybe helping bean understand his misuse of the Bible isn't going to make him right in the eyes of God.

If you did answer this I apolgize for asking again but I don't remember reading a response to it so here is my question again....
Do you think a thread devoted to talking about what you find most disgusting about someone is ok for Christians? If so, please explain and give the relevant scriptures if you have some.

Sure, and here is why:
He is an unrepentant sodomite idolitor that would presume to judge the Body of Christ. This isn't the first or second time he has done this, but the second or third year.

Poly posted this verse....
Proverbs 1:26 "I also will laugh at your calamity, I will mock when your terror comes."

I posted this response....

Do you honestly believe that verse justifies this thread? Solomon is writing as if wisdom were talking and I believe it is the wisdom of God or God himself, not just any Christian who decides it's time to mock someone. Also, unless you are considering beanieboy's homosexuality as "calamity" or "terror", I'm not sure how you can use this verse because it doesn't seem as if any of these has happened to him.

which, apparently she thinks I have it wrong but she didn't take the time to explain it or help me to understand a different meaning that I didn't see in that verse.

there may very well be other verses but that is the one she used.

What do you think is going to happen to him if he doesn't repent? Wine and roses or "calamity" and "terror"? If mocking him wakes him up, what harm has been done? If he remains in his blindness, his blood will not be on Poly's head.

Do you recall Elijah's dealings with the prophets of baal in 1st Kings?

kmoney

Hall of Fame
Nineveh,
Why did you leave off who the quote was from? That was really rude of you to neglect contributing remarks to their speaker.
It was Poly.....I'm sorry for being rude.

Hate? No, that's "disgusts you the most". So you are aware the thread is about that most disgusting characteristic of bean, correct? That being his misuse of Scriptures, yet, your first post was to judge the thread for not being "appropriet". It very much looks as if you simply judged the thread by the title instead of maybe helping bean understand his misuse of the Bible isn't going to make him right in the eyes of God.
I'm sorry for saying "hate". It was an honest mistake, but I still think having a poll about what disgusts you most about someone is wrong.
He is an unrepentant sodomite idolitor that would presume to judge the Body of Christ. This isn't the first or second time he has done this, but the second or third year.
I do not deny that. But I say again, I don't believe that someone who isn't a Christian can't talk to someone about something they see as unchristlike. if a christian was in a relationship where they were having pre-marital sex and a non-christian confronted them about it? Is that unbelievers point unfounded? I do not believe so. I know that situation isn't completely analogous to beanieboy, but I think the primary principle is there.
It very much looks as if you simply judged the thread by the title instead of maybe helping bean understand his misuse of the Bible isn't going to make him right in the eyes of God
I do not believe that confronting beanieboy about misuse of the scriptures is wrong.
What I do think is wrong is the way in which it is being done. Having a poll to vote on what disgusts you most about beanieboy is absolute not necessary to talk to him about his misuse of scriptures. And do you think that Poly had this in mind when she began this thread? I think not again, she herself said that she was just curious to see what people were most disgusted with.
Poly said:
I wanted to see what people thought the most disgusting thing about beanieboy was.
did she want to go somewhere once she had the poll results? Maybe, but she didn't mention that.
What do you think is going to happen to him if he doesn't repent? Wine and roses or "calamity" and "terror"? If mocking him wakes him up, what harm has been done? If he remains in his blindness, his blood will not be on Poly's head.
I do see your point, if all else has failed why not try mockery to save his soul. But are you saying that the blood would be on Poly's head if she didn't mock him? I certainly think not. Jesus gave no command to mock someone when they refused to repent.

Do you recall Elijah's dealings with the prophets of baal in 1st Kings?
yes, he mocked them. Does that mean God approved? I guess there is assumed allowance since there was no rebuke from God. I don't equate Elijah mocking the prophets of baal and this thread.

Kevin

kmoney

Hall of Fame
Nineveh,
another note....
those 2 quotes that I put from Poly, I think the only relevant context is that it was to another christian and my point in using them is to show that it isn't just towards beanieboy or other unbelievers, it's between chrsitians also.

and in case you wnat to see what she was replying to here it is post 88.

Kevin

Nineveh

Merely Christian
kmoney said:
Nineveh,

It was Poly.....I'm sorry for being rude.

Thank you for citing the quotes :)

I'm sorry for saying "hate". It was an honest mistake, but I still think having a poll about what disgusts you most about someone is wrong.

How long should we ignore it? It is disgusting. It's not like we haven't asked him to stop and been offered promises to quit.

I do not deny that. But I say again, I don't believe that someone who isn't a Christian can't talk to someone about something they see as unchristlike.

I'll ask you again...

How does someone who doesn't know Christ know what is Christ-like?

if a christian was in a relationship where they were having pre-marital sex and a non-christian confronted them about it? Is that unbelievers point unfounded? I do not believe so. I know that situation isn't completely analogous to beanieboy, but I think the primary principle is there.

Let me tell you a secret. Bean doesn't like to be told he is sinning. When he is told he will either misunderstand, ignore, reject, whine about it or hide behind the skirts of theologians who agree with him. Like I said before, just because satan can quote the Bible doesn't mean he's a saint or right in his judgement.

I do not believe that confronting beanieboy about misuse of the scriptures is wrong. What I do think is wrong is the way in which it is being done.

In essence, there are more ways than one to witness.... as long as they meet your approval.

Having a poll to vote on what disgusts you most about beanieboy is absolute not necessary to talk to him about his misuse of scriptures. And do you think that Poly had this in mind when she began this thread? I think not again, she herself said that she was just curious to see what people were most disgusted with.

Because this thread didn't start in a vcacuum. It was spawned from another discussion. I'll ask you again... Would you be so upset about this thread if it had a different title?

did she want to go somewhere once she had the poll results? Maybe, but she didn't mention that.

Poly has been around the block a few times, she's an admin afterall. I'm pretty sure she knew what the outcome of this poll would be before she even posted it. Which is what, by the way? His disgusting use of Scriptures. I find it odd you take such issue with this thread while one the other hand you see the point of it.

I do see your point, if all else has failed why not try mockery to save his soul. But are you saying that the blood would be on Poly's head if she didn't mock him? I certainly think not. Jesus gave no command to mock someone when they refused to repent.

Do you really believe this is the first time Poly ever witnessed to bean? Could it be, just maybe, this is her last resort in witnessing to him?

yes, he mocked them. Does that mean God approved?

Surely you jest. Elijah was taken straight to heaven. So if God had a problem with it, it must have nort been a very big one.

I guess there is assumed allowance since there was no rebuke from God. I don't equate Elijah mocking the prophets of baal and this thread.

How much difference is there between one false god and another? Or the people who promote them?

another note....
those 2 quotes that I put from Poly, I think the only relevant context is that it was to another christian and my point in using them is to show that it isn't just towards beanieboy or other unbelievers, it's between chrsitians also.

and in case you wnat to see what she was replying to here it is post 88.

I will endeavor to look it up if you are willing to offer how you would reply in a more appropriate way.

Last edited by a moderator:

kmoney

Hall of Fame
Nineveh,
How long should we ignore it? It is disgusting. It's not like we haven't asked him to stop and been offered promises to quit.
So you resort to voting on what is most disgusting about him?
How does someone who doesn't know Christ know what is Christ-like?
are you saying that if you read buddhist writings or hindu writings you still wouldn't be able to tell what a hindu or buddhist should be like just because you are still a christian and don't pracitce hinduism or buddhism?

Because this thread didn't start in a vcacuum. It was spawned from another discussion. I'll ask you again... Would you be so upset about this thread if it had a different title?
What discussion did it spawn from? Maybe if I see the context of it I'll understand more. And no, I already said a different title wouldn't matter to me, if it still had a poll about what is most disgusting about beanieboy I'd still disapprove.
Do you really believe this is the first time Poly ever witnessed to bean? Could it be, just maybe, this is her last resort in witnessing to him?
No, I don't believe this is the first time she has witnessed to him. And maybe this is her last resort, but so far she said she was just curious to know what people thought what was most disgusting about beanieboy which is basically just a bashing session, so as of now I have no reason to believe she had any good motives for it. Does that mean she didn't have good motives? No, but I have not seen them.

Surely you jest. Elijah was taken straight to heaven. So if God had a problem with it, it must have nort been a very big one.
No, I wasn't too serious about that.

Let me tell you a secret. Bean doesn't like to be told he is sinning. When he is told he will either misunderstand, ignore, reject, whine about it or hide behind the skirts of theologians who agree with him. Like I said before, just because satan can quote the Bible doesn't mean he's a saint or right in his judgement.
Ha, thanks for the secret... :)
and certainly just because beanieboy quotes scripture doesn't mean he's right. but, in my opinion, just because he doesn't follow christ doesn't mean he's automatically wrong, and that seems to be one thing we are disagreeing on.

In essence, there are more ways than one to witness.... as long as they meet your approval.
Not necessarily, yes I disapprove of this but not just because I randomly don't like it, I disapprove because I feel it isn't christlike.

let me say this, if Poly's point in this was to witness to beanieboy and be harsh as a last resort because she truly cares about him than I'm ok with it, or at least my disapproval is greatly lessened, but I didn't see any motive in it except to bash him, and like I said before, she said herself she was just curious which to me just seems like she wants to have a collective bashing party, but.....
I am in no place to judge her motives and her heart in this and I was wrong to assume the worst. Poly I'm sorry.....

now....assuming that her motives were good....I still do not see anything from Jesus like this. He didn't say to preach the gospel, if they reject it, mock them, and if they still don't repent, then to leave and shake the dust from their sandals. He just said to leave. If someone does respond to mockery and the like than that's awesome, but I think it's by far the exception and not the rule and you will push more people away than draw near, but you certainly know the history of beanieboy and the people on TOL better than me so I won't even try to say that people haven't gone other routes. I fully believe they have.

As far as being a last resort this is how I see it....To me if someone uses mockery as a last resort than it truly is a last resort because it will either work or it won't, and if it doesn't work than I think the great majority of the time the door will be closed to that person because they will be turned off to you and Christ. But, if you stay steady and keep a less harsh manner I think the door will be more open to that person and they may eventually come because the Lord will work on the person's heart through other ways and maybe come to you on their own.

but like I said, I don't understand the beanieboy situation as well as you/Poly so maybe beanieboy doesn't fall into my line of thinking.....

Kevin

Nineveh

Merely Christian
kmoney said:
So you resort to voting on what is most disgusting about him?

It is disgusting, and yes, I've told him so before. Exactly where are you finding fault with taking a poll that says basically the same thing I said to his "face"?

are you saying that if you read buddhist writings or hindu writings you still wouldn't be able to tell what a hindu or buddhist should be like just because you are still a christian and don't pracitce hinduism or buddhism?

I didn't know Christ before I was saved, did you? The best I could do, like any other pagan, was guess and pick and choose what I wanted Him to be.

What discussion did it spawn from? Maybe if I see the context of it I'll understand more. And no, I already said a different title wouldn't matter to me, if it still had a poll about what is most disgusting about beanieboy I'd still disapprove.

I don't remember which thread now, maybe Poly does though...

No, I don't believe this is the first time she has witnessed to him. And maybe this is her last resort, but so far she said she was just curious to know what people thought what was most disgusting about beanieboy which is basically just a bashing session, so as of now I have no reason to believe she had any good motives for it. Does that mean she didn't have good motives? No, but I have not seen them.

Bashing.

bean misuses God's word and you call a thread about how disgusting that is as "bashing". How might you label what bean does? I wouldn't be judging Poly's motives if I were you. You've been here a month which gives me reason to believe you are seeing the middle or end of a story and judging on what you haven't been privy to over the last few years.

No, I wasn't too serious about that.

Not "too", but sort of?

Ha, thanks for the secret... :)
and certainly just because beanieboy quotes scripture doesn't mean he's right. but, in my opinion, just because he doesn't follow christ doesn't mean he's automatically wrong, and that seems to be one thing we are disagreeing on.

Well, I guess it's your prerogative to take council from unrepentant homosexual idolitors if you like, I'll be a bit more selective. I must warn you though, if you follow bean too far for your theology about your God, don't be too surprized when you wind up in the corner bound and gagged.

Not necessarily, yes I disapprove of this but not just because I randomly don't like it, I disapprove because I feel it isn't christlike.

Witnessing isn't Christ-like.... :think:

You are wong.

let me say this, if Poly's point in this was to witness to beanieboy and be harsh as a last resort because she truly cares about him than I'm ok with it, or at least my disapproval is greatly lessened, but I didn't see any motive in it except to bash him, and like I said before, she said herself she was just curious which to me just seems like she wants to have a collective bashing party, but.....
I am in no place to judge her motives and her heart in this and I was wrong to assume the worst. Poly I'm sorry.....

First you judge Poly for being wrong in her intentions ( which is her heart btw ) and then apologize. Yet, after how many posts? You are still judging Christians for witnessing to the lost with not one word to those in danger of hell. Didn't I say this is usually how it goes?

now....assuming that her motives were good....I still do not see anything from Jesus like this. He didn't say to preach the gospel, if they reject it, mock them, and if they still don't repent, then to leave and shake the dust from their sandals. He just said to leave. If someone does respond to mockery and the like than that's awesome, but I think it's by far the exception and not the rule and you will push more people away than draw near, but you certainly know the history of beanieboy and the people on TOL better than me so I won't even try to say that people haven't gone other routes. I fully believe they have.

And in all that, you are still finding fault with our side, not the other side. The other side is who will be forever without God. Tell me, how much further away from God can a pagan get than right now today? It's their own heart that is in rebellion to God.

As far as being a last resort this is how I see it....To me if someone uses mockery as a last resort than it truly is a last resort because it will either work or it won't, and if it doesn't work than I think the great majority of the time the door will be closed to that person because they will be turned off to you and Christ. But, if you stay steady and keep a less harsh manner I think the door will be more open to that person and they may eventually come because the Lord will work on the person's heart through other ways and maybe come to you on their own.

I will give you one guess which type of witness bean has not rejected out of this list:

Mockery
Intolerant
Sweet
Nice
Condemning

but like I said, I don't understand the beanieboy situation as well as you/Poly so maybe beanieboy doesn't fall into my line of thinking.....

No, you are right down his alley. You stand with him on this issue shoulder to shoulder. Christians aren't supposed to start "mean" threads about errant actions. We are supposed to smile when he misquotes and misuses the Bible and completely accept him. Yes, I just over generalized what you are saying, but when it's boiled down, that's what I wind up with.

I'm glad Poly started this thread instead of hiding yet one more chastisement of his misuses in a thread somewhere. Maybe one of these days he will stop trying to explain Christ to Christians and actually listen to what God is saying to him.

kmoney

Hall of Fame
Nineveh,

I didn't know Christ before I was saved, did you? The best I could do, like any other pagan, was guess and pick and choose what I wanted Him to be.
I think someone who doesn't practice a religion can still know what a person of that religion should act like. You disagree. I'm not sure what else to say.

Well, I guess it's your prerogative to take council from unrepentant homosexual idolitors if you like, I'll be a bit more selective. I must warn you though, if you follow bean too far for your theology about your God, don't be too surprized when you wind up in the corner bound and gagged.
I'm not saying you should take counsel from him, I'm saying you shouldn't immediately write off anything he says concerning the bible and christians just because he isn't one. If you don't automatically ignore it than fine.

Witnessing isn't Christ-like....
I said this because I see no example of christ mocking someone to try and push them to repentance, nor do I see him tell his disciples to. That is why I said it isn't christlike.

First you judge Poly for being wrong in her intentions ( which is her heart btw ) and then apologize. Yet, after how many posts? You are still judging Christians for witnessing to the lost with not one word to those in danger of hell. Didn't I say this is usually how it goes?
I included her heart in it also, not just her intentions.
how many posts? please judge me for not apologizing sooner
You are still judging Christians for witnessing to the lost with not one word to those in danger of hell.
accepted.

Tell me, how much further away from God can a pagan get than right now today? It's their own heart that is in rebellion to God.
I think that someone can be closer to coming to accepting Jesus than others. Some have "harder" hearts than others. As Christians people look to us as examples of Christ and what we do can help them draw near to christ or push them away christ.

I will give you one guess which type of witness bean has not rejected out of this list:
My guess is he rejected them all.

No, you are right down his alley. You stand with him on this issue shoulder to shoulder. Christians aren't supposed to start "mean" threads about errant actions. We are supposed to smile when he misquotes and misuses the Bible and completely accept him. Yes, I just over generalized what you are saying, but when it's boiled down, that's what I wind up with.
So there are 2 options?
1) "smile...and completely accept him"
2) "start 'mean' threads"

I think there are more choices than those. Those are 2 sides of the spectrum, neither of which I think are good.

Yes, I just over generalized what you are saying, but when it's boiled down, that's what I wind up with.
thank you for realizing you generalized.

Maybe one of these days he will stop trying to explain Christ to Christians and actually listen to what God is saying to him.
maybe.....

well...poly's last resort seems to have failed as beanieboy hasn't repented. now what do you propose? an even harsher rebuke? Maybe it just wasn't sharp enough to get to him.....

Nineveh, I'll continue this conversation if you wish, but honestly I feel like we're going in circles, or at least not getting anywhere. I feel like I've said the same things over and over again and so have you.

Kevin

Nineveh

Merely Christian
kmoney said:
I think someone who doesn't practice a religion can still know what a person of that religion should act like. You disagree. I'm not sure what else to say.

I guess a good example would be from Jesus' time with the pharisees and sadducees. Here is a link to an audio file you should listen to. Even the "leaders" in our churches aren't sure what's Christ like any more.

I'm not saying you should take counsel from him, I'm saying you shouldn't immediately write off anything he says concerning the bible and christians just because he isn't one. If you don't automatically ignore it than fine.

I don't take council from him, it's you that seems to hold the idea he has something of value to offer Christians in the way of God's Word. Once again, it seems you would like to make this a week long thing when in reality it's years long.

I said this because I see no example of christ mocking someone to try and push them to repentance, nor do I see him tell his disciples to. That is why I said it isn't christlike.

Let me ask you, is the God of the OT the same God of the NT?

I included her heart in it also, not just her intentions.
how many posts? please judge me for not apologizing sooner

This is a matter you need to take up with Poly, I would think.

accepted.

I'm not sure what that means other than you know you are judging the choir instead of those in danger of hell.

I think that someone can be closer to coming to accepting Jesus than others. Some have "harder" hearts than others. As Christians people look to us as examples of Christ and what we do can help them draw near to christ or push them away christ.

Ok, I can agree with this, but let's go one step further with it. How tolerant is Christ going to be towards rebellion on judgement day? Are there going to be mobs of "judge not-ers" standing between bean and God's righteous judgement? No. So tell me where he is getting the real comfort on this thread, from those who stand between him and the Truth, or those who lay out the Truth to him?

My guess is he rejected them all.

*~Ding!~* Correct answer!

The issue isn't with how something is said, the issue is his hard heart.

So there are 2 options?
1) "smile...and completely accept him"
2) "start 'mean' threads"

I think there are more choices than those. Those are 2 sides of the spectrum, neither of which I think are good.

Then show me how you would do it....

thank you for realizing you generalized.

Keep in mind though, in the end, those two extremes are what we are left with. There are only two sides in this battle, God's and the other one. While comfort is a useful tool, I've seen it misused far more than mockery here at TOL.

maybe.....

well...poly's last resort seems to have failed as beanieboy hasn't repented. now what do you propose? an even harsher rebuke? Maybe it just wasn't sharp enough to get to him.....

He has rejected Christ flat out. He likes to dangle a "maybe" or a "I'll pray about it" but in reality he loves himself far to much to submit to Christ at this point. So the best I personally can do is merely correct him when he ventures to misuse the Scriptures when I catch it. Will it be rude? Perhaps, depending on how blasphemous he ventures to be. Intolerant? Definately.

Nineveh, I'll continue this conversation if you wish, but honestly I feel like we're going in circles, or at least not getting anywhere. I feel like I've said the same things over and over again and so have you.

This is true, except the approved methods of witness and who is sound council to a Christian. I'm sorry we have not come to the place where Poly is the one on God's side and bean is a lost pagan in need of the judgements :(

Status
Not open for further replies.