What disgusts you the most about beanieboy?

What disgusts you the most about beanieboy?

• He's a homo.

Votes: 4 11.8%
  • He's a hypocrite.

Votes: 2 5.9%
  • He uses the bible(something he claims not to believe in) to tell Christians how they should live.

Votes: 19 55.9%
  • He claims not to need Christ in order to be loved by God.

Votes: 9 26.5%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

The Edge

BANNED
Banned
Poly, just tell us all what you hoped to accomplish by starting this thread, and tell us all how it's consistent with Scripture and true Christian behavior. I'd be interested in seeing how you explain that one. Tell us all how this is consistent with how Jesus would handle the situation.

And to make it extra interesting, I challenge you to do it without having you or your friends point fingers at others. Just tell us why you started this, and how it's an example of how a mature Christian should act.

(I'm not disputing or challenging the leadership of the board, God knows this board is run very well and that's the reason for its success. I am coming to you guys and gals not as the leaders of the board, but as the mature Christians I think you really are)

kmoney

Hall of Fame
Nineveh said:
Could you please point out a Christian's witness that you believe is "arrogant and self righteous"? And please provide an example of how you might address the same reply.

To what level of blasphemy should I respect?

Please point out something you feel is merely a "thrown out insult". And please provide an example of how you would have adressed the same reply.

Please point out something you feel is "angry". And again, please share with me how you would have addressed the same reply.

I will again ask you to provide an example and share with me how you would address it.

Like I have tried to explain before, bean isn't as new here as some apparently feel he is. There are some who have "shaken the dust off", so to speak. About the only thing they reply to him about lately is his misuse of Scriptures.

Sure, Justin the wiccan can point things out too, and so could satan, but that doesn't make their judgement or use of God's Word automatically correct. If someone doesn't know Christ, how do they know what is Christlike?

Let's look at that verse:

Hypocrite! First take the log out of your eye, and then you will see clearly to take the speck out of your brother's eye.

I wonder why so many feel it is imposible to do as Christ instructs, don't be a hypocrite.

You gave a list of 3:

Is it wrong to rebuke someone in sin? No.
Is it wrong to rebuke someone who is misquoting the bible? No
Is it wrong to rebuke someone who is using scripture to justify sinful behavior? No.

That gives a good place to start :)

Some background, and if I should mess any of this up, I am sure to be corrected :)

bean is an unrepentant buddhist homosexual in his mid-late 40s. He believes homosexuality is not a sin and his good works will be enough to earn favor in the afterlife.

Nineveh,

You are asking for specific examples, but I am not going to single out people by doing that. I am not saying that every response to beanieboy is arrogant, self-righteous, etc...but it is definitely there. You may claim that I can't find examples so I'm hiding behind the "not wanting to single people out" excuse, but that isn't true. And even if I couldn't give you specific examples, in my opinion the thread topics in themselves show what I am talking about. "What disgusts you most about beanieboy?"...."Is it christlike to call beanieboy a faggot?"......

My main problem was not every single post in this thread, but the thread topic in itself. A poll about what you hate most about someone. There is another thread on if it is christ-like to call him a faggot. This is an honest question....Do you think that these threads are justifiable? We shouldn't even be having this conversation because this thread shouldn't even exist. In the thread about calling him a faggot, christians were laughing about homosexuals molesting children and turning those children into more homosexuals. That is absolutely ridiculous. People have accused beanieboy of using the bible to justify his sinful lifestyle while also using it to accuse christians, but what about christins using Jesus calling the pharisees a brood of vipers to justify calling beanieboy a faggot? Are they not both wrong?

Kevin

kmoney

Hall of Fame
Nineveh said:
Well, when I have relied on God's word when witnessing, it seems you have found fault. I would greatly appriciate some edification on the matter.

Nineveh,
I have reread the majority of this thread, and I don't believe you exhibit what I am talking about. This was never meant to be an attack on you specifically, but like I said, I do not want to single out people. I am confident that if you read through threads you will find what I am talking about. Not just specifically against beanieboy, but in general.

Kevin

Poly

Blessed beyond measure
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
The Edge said:
Poly, just tell us all what you hoped to accomplish by starting this thread
I wanted to see what people thought the most disgusting thing about beanieboy was.

and tell us all how it's consistent with Scripture and true Christian behavior.

Proverbs 1:26
I also will laugh at your calamity, I will mock when your terror comes.

Balder

Nice one, Poly. Don't forget this verse, directed at harlots:

"Behold, I am against thee, saith the LORD of hosts; and I will discover thy skirts upon thy face, and I will shew the nations thy nakedness, and the kingdoms thy shame. And I will cast abominable filth upon thee, and make thee vile, and will set thee as gazingstock." (Nahum 3:5-6)

If you all were worth your salt as Christians, you would find people who were promiscuous, professionally or personally, take them in the streets, lift their skirts over their heads till everything is hanging out, and throw crap on them.

Then people could see how righteous God really is!

:)

Mateo

Balder said:
Nice one, Poly. Don't forget this verse, directed at harlots:

"Behold, I am against thee, saith the LORD of hosts; and I will discover thy skirts upon thy face, and I will shew the nations thy nakedness, and the kingdoms thy shame. And I will cast abominable filth upon thee, and make thee vile, and will set thee as gazingstock." (Nahum 3:5-6)

If you all were worth your salt as Christians, you would find people who were promiscuous, professionally or personally, take them in the streets, lift their skirts over their heads till everything is hanging out, and throw crap on them.

Then people could see how righteous God really is!

:)

Nice... reverse psychology...it's the only thing that hasn't been tried... I suppose it's worth a shot...

TheSearcher

BANNED
Banned
the thing that all I hear the most on this thread is how people disaprove of the life Bean is living. The "sin" he is destroying him self with. The horrid manner in which he is living his life, blah, blah blah. Thats what I keep hearing here. What all of us need to realize is that, he dosent need, and probably dosent want the approval of any one here. Every one here must think they could live his life better then he is. Frankly, Bean doesnt need our approval, he doesnt need any ones help, the life he lives is his to live alone.

I wouldnt presume to tell any one how best to live their lives. I dont really find it shocking that the christians here do. Seeing as when I was I did the same thing. But not any more. So, I guess what I'm getting at is, maybe we should all stop concerning our selves with Beans sex life, which I dont want to think about at all, for some reason, several people here for some reason are enamored by it. So, lets focus on the theological elements here, and not the sexual.

kmoney

Hall of Fame
Poly said:
I wanted to see what people thought the most disgusting thing about beanieboy was.

Proverbs 1:26
I also will laugh at your calamity, I will mock when your terror comes.

Poly,

Do you honestly believe that verse justifies this thread? Solomon is writing as if wisdom were talking and I believe it is the wisdom of God or God himself, not just any Christian who decides it's time to mock someone. Also, unless you are considering beanieboy's homosexuality as "calamity" or "terror", I'm not sure how you can use this verse because it doesn't seem as if any of these has happened to him.

Kevin

kmoney

Hall of Fame
Nineveh,
Like I have tried to explain before, bean isn't as new here as some apparently feel he is. There are some who have "shaken the dust off", so to speak. About the only thing they reply to him about lately is his misuse of Scriptures.

I already said I was wrong to not give credit where credit is due concerning this. I just noticed that Knight has an entire thing devoted to answering beanieboy's questions, so people obviously have given him a fair chance. But like I said before, despite all that I still don't believe this thread is good.
About the only thing they reply to him about lately is his misuse of Scriptures
I do not know if this is exactly what you mean by "misuse of scriptures", but I have seen people call him a hypocrite when he uses scriptures against christians and then doesn't live by the other verses that condemn his lifestyle, I agree that can be seen as hypocritical, but that doesn't mean that what he is talking to people about is not valid. If you saw a buddhist who was clearly not following what buddhism says to do, would you not bring it to his/her attention because you don't actually follow buddhism? I believe that you could confront the buddhist about that and not necessarily be a hypocrite.

Kevin

TheSearcher

BANNED
Banned
TheSearcher said:
Thank you that was very well thought out post.

Now, heres where I come in.

Yes, Bean is a homosexual. In your eyes thats evil, I'll give you that one. But in the eyes of the rest of the world, it is not evil, it is okay, its a persons own choice to do what they will in the bed room. In this day and age, its no ones place to tell any one what they do there. Maybe back in the "day" when christians could force people to do what they wanted, but, hey, thats what I like to call progress.

As far as Bean leaving the faith, he problably realized like, my self, and several others, that when you look at every thing that christians ask you not to believe in, it just doent make that much sense.

And like I said, its an abomination in your gods eyes, not in his own. People can believe in other gods then the chrisitan one. I sure wish some of you would start to get that.

Who gave me a rep for this? Just wondering.

Turbo

Caped Crusader
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
TheSearcher said:
So, according to you, every Jew who believes in God, follows the Ten Commandments and lives a rightious life is going to hell. That is what your saying right?
No. Again:

for all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God, Romans 3:23

The sting of death is sin, and the strength of sin is the law. 1 Corinthians 15:56

but Israel, pursuing the law of righteousness, has not attained to the law of righteousness. Why? Because they did not seek it by faith, but as it were, by the works of the law. For they stumbled at that stumbling stone [Christ]. Romans 9:31-32​
Of course Paul goes on to say that not every Israelite rejected God/Christ (but you ought to know that, because you've read Acts, Romans, and the rest of the Bible), but he is speaking generally in this passage of the nation as a whole.

Also, any Jew who does not have believe in Christ does not have faith in the true God, because Christ is God. Again:
[jesus]Do not think that I shall accuse you to the Father; there is one who accuses you--Moses, in whom you trust. For if you believed Moses, you would believe Me; for he wrote about Me.[/jesus] John 5:45-46​

So, for thousands of years, they had it right, they were Gods chosen people, they were in for life, and now, because christians say that the messiah has come and gone, and they didnt buy it for very plausible reasons, they are now going to hell. That is what your saying right?
Most of the Jews from the Old Testament times dies in rebellion against God and went to hell, according to Scriptures. Did you think they all eventually went to heaven?

Were you just pulling my leg when you said you had read the Bible? Or did you just have trouble comprehending what you read? (Based on how you missed just about every point I made in my last post, I could believe that... unless you were intentionally misrepresenting what I said.)

Last edited:

TheSearcher

BANNED
Banned
Turbo said:
No. Again:
[/indent]
for all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God, Romans 3:23

The sting of death is sin, and the strength of sin is the law. 1 Corinthians 15:56

but Israel, pursuing the law of righteousness, has not attained to the law of righteousness. Why? Because they did not seek it by faith, but as it were, by the works of the law. For they stumbled at that stumbling stone [Christ]. Romans 9:31-32[/indent]Of course Paul goes on to say that not every Israelite rejected God/Christ (but you ought to know that, because you've read Acts, Romans, and the rest of the Bible), but he is speaking generally in this passage of the nation as a whole.

Also, any Jew who does not have believe in Christ does not have faith in the true God, because Christ is God. Again:
[jesus]Do not think that I shall accuse you to the Father; there is one who accuses you--Moses, in whom you trust. For if you believed Moses, you would believe Me; for he wrote about Me.[/jesus] John 5:45-46​

Most of the Jews from the Old Testament times dies in rebellion against God and went to hell, according to Scriptures. Did you think they all eventually went to heaven?

Were you just pulling my leg when you said you had read the Bible? Or did you just have trouble comprehending what you read? (Based on how you missed just about every point I made in my last post, I could believe that... unless you were intentionally misrepresenting what I said.)

Okay, so, most of the OT Jews went to hell, were you aware that the after life was not a Jewish creation? Purely christian. They didnt believe in a heaven or hell. They knew when they died they went and laid with their fathers. Have you read the bible? Or did you skip that part?

I dont know what group of Jews you were talking about, but hey, its okay.

The Edge

BANNED
Banned
Nineveh said:
Please point out something you feel is "angry". And again, please share with me how you would have addressed the same reply.
Just look at Poly's response to my post. That's one of the most angry and unprovoked fits of rage I've ever seen from a Christian. That is not Christlike behavior.

bean is an unrepentant buddhist homosexual in his mid-late 40s. He believes homosexuality is not a sin and his good works will be enough to earn favor in the afterlife.
So shake the dust of your feet and move on. He is obviously not going to repent, especially if we keep badgering him. And creating a thread where people can vote on the things they hate the most about him? I can only guess what Jesus would say if he walked in the room while the thread creator was doing that. If that was me, I'd be ashamed, speechless, and on the floor before my Lord.

The Edge

BANNED
Banned
Poly said:
When you are as pathetic as beanieboy, yes.
It's not everybody that gets a poll created on what's the most disgusting thing about them. But he really takes the cake on what it means to be pure scum in so many areas.
I know, I've been thinking about this. He'd probably wonder why I didn't add "He's a big whiner" to the poll.
Oh shut up, you sorry wimp! What are you my mother? Quit talking down to me as if you're somebody who is in a position to do so. You don't know the first thing about Christian maturity. :loser:
Yes, I must have the wrong Bible, because my version doesn't have Jesus walking around calling unbelievers pure scum, big whiners, and sorry wimps. Can you tell me which version has that in it? I'd like to get it so I can join your clique and be as mean and angry as you are. {ok end of sarcastic rant}

Seriously, do you think that after Jesus witnessed to a homosexual that woudl not accept Christ that he would create an internet poll for his followers to vote on what quality of that guy they hated the most? If you can justify that, I'm really worried.

Do you really think that highly of yourself that you must make a big announcement to somebody that you're taking them off your list as if this is really going to have some kind of impact on them? I think you need to come down off your high horse. I'm embarrassed I was ever on your list.
No I'm actually pretty humble. But I said that to make a point, a point that I once respected you but now have lost most of that respect. I don't think you act like a mature Christian sometimes. I don't expect to have any impact. I'm just no longer afraid or intimidated of you people so I speak up. I love this board and I do respect differences in people and minor theologies, but I'm convicted to speak out when I think people are not acting Christlike in a severe way.

You want to slam me, fine. But you've already been told yesterday by Turbo to quit whining about how this board is run. I'm giving you one last warning to quit complaining about TOL. We've not put up with this in the past from other members and we certainly won't put up with it from you.
I am not complaining about TOL. I'm complaining about behavior, and I would do the same if I saw it in my church or another board or community. TOL is great. Tell me what board rules I'm breaking? Not agreeing? Better ban me then. I'm not breaking any board rules. And I never whine about how this board is run. I have said time and time again that Knight does a fine job, and the moderators in general do a great job of keeping this board running and reasonably clean of filth and family unfriendly stuff. There's a reason this board is probably the biggest Christian forum on the net, and why I've been sticking around for 5 years now. It's the outstanding leadership. But what I disagree with is how the power members and moderators dont' put forth the example of Christ (with the exception of Knight, and occasionally I see glimmers of light and truth from Turbo and Nineveh). I'm convicted that some people here are far too mean to people and using this Enyartian "Nicer than God" article to back them up. I spoke to a close Christian friend of mine tonight and he agrees. He's a lot more theologically sound than I am, and his opinion is that what Bob teaches is heresy (though I wound't go that far) and that the Bible does not give CHristians any latitude to willfully mock and insult unbelievers or believers who are in error.

We know our reputation is not so good at "other" sites. If "other" sites don't approve then we know we must be doing something right. And here's the most important part so listen closely....We couldn't give a rat's backside what certain "other" sites think anyway.
I don't care what other sites think either. I'm staying here, aren't I? But don't gauge your success by how upset you can make others. That's a bad idea.

You are such a liar. How many times does this make now where you do something so obvious like acuse somebody else of something and then say that you're not doing it? I think you might have broken some kind of record around here. It must really suck to be you.
Yes, I see you have kindly posted in my reputation notes as well. You also repped me twice in two minutes. That's abuse of moderative power, in my opinion. It doens't suck to be me at all. I have newfound courage and I'm obviously saying some things that make sense, because I'm getting a lot of green notes in my reputation too; notes thanking me for my wisdom, guts, and sensible statements. Knight and Turbo also hit me twice in the past couple days telling me if I hate how the board is run I can leave. But I don't have how the board is run. I disagree with the way some of the power members treat others. And I'm convicted that it's not the attitude of Christ, and that the board's moderators should be examples. Thousands of people are here looking up to you, and now I see others are coming out of the woodwork and putting what I have to say into more eloquant terms. All I ask, Poly, Nineveh, Turbo, Erin, Clete, Knight, Lighthouse, Dr. Brumly, etc is that you consider what we have to say. Yes, beanieboy is unsaved and gay. So what? Leave him alone. He has a right to be here and fellowship and post and chat just like any of hte rest of us, without being subjected to a constant barrage of mockery and hatred in the so called name of Christ. Debate, yes. Slam, mock and ridicule, no. If you witnessed to him and he rejected, leave him alone. You planted the seed. Only God can work in his heart and water hte seed. Just let him go about his business. Perhaps he can make some friends here and be in peace. Badgering him and creating threads like this serve no good purpose at all. I've not been the best with words in hte past but I hope you'll take what I had to say to heart. It comes from a heart of CHristian humility. I'm not a whiner or a hypocrite (the enyartian's favorite words), at least in the sense that peole say on here. I'm sure I've been a hypocrite many times. I'm just a person who's given his heart to The Lord 16 years ago who is troubled by what he sees mature Christians doing.

God bless you all.
The Edge

Last edited:

Turbo

Caped Crusader
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
TheSearcher said:
Okay, so, most of the OT Jews went to hell, were you aware that the after life was not a Jewish creation?
Correct. God created the afterlife, not the Jews.
Purely christian.
Christ spoke about hell more than the prophets before him, and more explicitly. I'll give you that.

They didnt believe in a heaven or hell. They knew when they died they went and laid with their fathers.
You just said they didn't believe in an afterlife. Or did you mean the Old Testament taught that when they died they went and laid with their no-longer-existing fathers... and ceased to exist themselves? (That obviously wasn't the case. Remember Samuel? Rememeber that the Sadducees didn't believe in the resurrection of the dead, but the Pharisees did?)

A lot of them may have thought they would be laid with Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob no matter what. They thought that since they were God's chosen people that God would bless them no matter what and there would be no consequence for wickedness and rebellion. They were wrong, and God told them so (in Jeremiah 18 for instance), but they didn't believe Him.
Or did you skip that part?
Which part states that there is no afterlife?

(I notice that you've completely changed topics with your last post, and didn't directly respond to anything from my last reply. :think: )

Last edited:

Turbo

Caped Crusader
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
The Edge said:
I am not complaining about TOL... And I never whine about how this board is run.

You also repped me twice in two minutes. That's abuse of moderative power, in my opinion... Knight and Turbo also hit me twice in the past couple days ...
:doh:

I spoke to a close Christian friend of mine tonight and he agrees. He's a lot more theologically sound than I am, and his opinion is that what Bob teaches is heresy (though I wound't go that far) and that the Bible does not give CHristians any latitude to willfully mock and insult unbelievers or believers who are in error.
Maybe you should invite your friend to sign up and make his case so that he might set some of us straight. It could be interesting, especially since (as Knight pointed out here and here) you wrote that you agree with what Bob actually said, but then proceeded to misrepresent him so that you could have some straw men to tear apart.

Turbo

Caped Crusader
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
The Edge said:
All I ask, Poly, Nineveh, Turbo, Erin, Clete, Knight, Lighthouse, Dr. Brumly, etc is that you consider what we have to say. Yes, beanieboy is unsaved and gay. So what? Leave him alone. He has a right to be here and fellowship and post and chat just like any of hte rest of us, without being subjected to a constant barrage of mockery and hatred in the so called name of Christ.
Show me one post where erinmarie mocked beanieboy.
Debate, yes. Slam, mock and ridicule, no.
We do both, and even you agree that sometimes mocking is appropriate. Maybe you can help us out by giving us a general idea of when it is appropriate to mock somebody.
If you witnessed to him and he rejected, leave him alone.
If he continues to claim that the God of the Bible does not condemn his sins then we will continue to set the record straight, if not for him, for others who read these threads.

If he continues to play the victim and claim that he would seek the truth if only everyone weren't so mean to him, we will continue to expose him as a liar.

Poly

Blessed beyond measure
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Turbo said:
Show me one post where erinmarie mocked beanieboy.
This is an example of the kind of post with which The Edge is less than honest. I don't think it's any coincidence the he lumped erinmarie in with the rest. I think he knows that she's never said anything against beanieboy but it was a subtle way to lump her in due to him being at odds with her in the past.

You are unstable in your ways, The Edge. You've apologized to people on the board and then turn right around and take it back. You say one thing about a person and then change your mind and say another. It's hard to take anything you say seriously because your too wishy washy. You're more concerned with being led by your emotions than by truth.

Last edited:

Balder

Turbo said:
If he continues to play the victim and claim that he would seek the truth if only everyone weren't so mean to him, we will continue to expose him as a liar.

I don't recall Beanie ever claiming this.

Status
Not open for further replies.