What Dictates What You Believe?

Prizebeatz1

I do not understand what you mean by 'more to do with'...

We are talking about the words of God and what we must do.

The bible js a guide but the real words of God are written in our hearts. We have to become still enough to listen and become one with what is infinite and eternal and we can't do that if we are reaching and grabbing for something.

Sent from my iPhone using TOL

God's Truth

The bible js a guide

The Bible is not just a guide it is the written words of God.

but the real words of God are written in our hearts.

That is right, God writes His Word on our heart and mind...and you would not even know that if you had not read it in the Bible.

We have to become still enough to listen and become one with what is infinite and eternal

That is something else you got from the Holy Bible, the Holy Bible that you are putting down and should not.

Psalm 46:10 He says, "Be still, and know that I am God; I will be exalted among the nations, I will be exalted in the earth."

and we can't do that if we are reaching and grabbing for something.

Well now there is a scripture that you are going against...

Acts 17:27 God did this so that they would seek him and perhaps reach out for him and find him, though he is not far from any one of us.

God's Truth

yes lol I was meaning in the sense that you need to change yourself into a saint

We do change to a saint.

Paul did not see himself as a sinner after Jesus saved him. Paul knew the saved were holy people

Romans 1:7 To all in Rome who are loved by God and called to be his holy people: Grace and peace to you from God our Father and from the Lord Jesus Christ.

1 Corinthians 1:2 To the church of God in Corinth, to those sanctified in Christ Jesus and called to be his holy people, together with all those everywhere who call on the name of our Lord Jesus Christ—their Lord and ours:

2 Corinthians 1:1 Paul, an apostle of Christ Jesus by the will of God, and Timothy our brother, To the church of God in Corinth, together with all his holy people throughout Achaia:

Ephesians 1:1 Paul, an apostle of Christ Jesus by the will of God, To God’s holy people in Ephesus, the faithful in Christ Jesus:

Ephesians 1:18 I pray that the eyes of your heart may be enlightened in order that you may know the hope to which he has called you, the riches of his glorious inheritance in his holy people,

Ephesians 3:18 may have power, together with all the Lord’s holy people, to grasp how wide and long and high and deep is the love of Christ,

...and many more.

I cannot find scripture where Paul calls us the sinners in Christ.

djhow

he didn't become a saint he discovered he already was one in Christ before the foundation of the earth.

Becoming a Christian is not becoming someone else, a saint or some other idea, it's discovering who you really are in God

God's Truth

Because it is in your sin and weakness that you find you are a child of God. Jesus couldn't save those that knew better and lorded it over people. He came to the Jews because they had claimed the right to be children of God to the exclusion of everyone else.
No. Jesus came to the Jews because they were blood related to Abraham and had faith. The Jews all knew they had to obey, but not all Jews understood they had to have faith.
Jesus came to those very people who wanted blood for atonement and Jesus died willingly that they would see past where they were and that God was God of the world and all people are God's creation and He say's come and see that you are children of God. If you surrender what you know and believe and believe that I am the way the truth and the life you will have eternal life. Not in the sense that you will live for ever but that you will have and be one with the Eternal Life that flows through all things.
That sounds good and true, but Jesus did come first to those who already belonged to God by faith.
Abraham believed and obeyed God, so God promised Abraham that someone blood related to him would be the Savior of the world. Jesus is the Savior of the world and he is blood related to Abraham, as to his earthy side.
The prophets said he'd come and even they didn't know what they were heralding in
Right, but some knew, but yes, it was a mystery hidden.
Luke 2:25 Now there was a man in Jerusalem called Simeon, who was righteous and devout. He was waiting for the consolation of Israel, and the Holy Spirit was on him.
26 It had been revealed to him by the Holy Spirit that he would not die before he had seen the Lord’s Messiah. 27 Moved by the Spirit, he went into the temple courts. When the parents brought in the child Jesus to do for him what the custom of the Law required, 28 Simeon took him in his arms and praised God, saying:
29 “Sovereign Lord, as you have promised,
you may now dismiss[d] your servant in peace.
30 For my eyes have seen your salvation,
31 which you have prepared in the sight of all nations:
32 a light for revelation to the Gentiles,
and the glory of your people Israel.”
33 The child’s father and mother marveled at what was said about him.

34 Then Simeon blessed them and said to Mary, his mother:“This child is destined to cause the falling and rising of many in Israel, and to be a sign that will be spoken against, 35 so that the thoughts of many hearts will be revealed. And a sword will pierce your own soul too.”

We see from those scriptures that even Mary, Jesus’ mother did not fully know the extent of who Mary would help bring into the world.

If you think of God as Jehovah then you have some tricky resolving to do such as How does God be the author of Genocide on one side and God is Love on the other.
It is true and I do know how it is resolved.
Jesus was the Son of God and not Jehovah and is why he saved the gentiles He came for the whole world.
Jesus is God the Father come in the flesh.
He saved Gentiles just as He said He would, in the Old Testament.
:) For God so Loved the World

Jehovah did not have much time for it
I do not understand any disrespect towards God, as you are disrespecting.
I am sure though that it is wrong.

Be careful, because we are told that there are those who BLASPHEMY things they do not understand.
He answered and fulfilled everything for those that claimed they knew God in the law and prophets but he did it as the Son of God and that is a man and he gave us rights to be sons of God that we maybe one with God as he is one with God

Think about this.

If you were God would you say and appear in so many ways that it would be confusing as to who you were. If you were God you would only have to come once, say what needs to be said and demonstrate living in the flow of God. That you wouldn't need to write it down because, well you're God and you have provision in store.
God speaks to humans with respect to our humanness.
Of course, we would have to write it down!!!
You would know nothing for sure if it were not written down.
I hope you check yourself and see that you are putting down the Holy Bible, the written words of God that were written so that we could have faith, know, and be saved.
There has been much truth revealed about the world and the ones that have had the most trouble with it are the people who claim to know the truth.

If you wanted justice for an evil crime committed against you would the death of Jesus be enough that you can forgive those that sin against you?
All this is spoken of and taught in the written Word of God, the written Word of God that you are putting down.

God's Truth

he didn't become a saint he discovered he already was one in Christ before the foundation of the earth.

Becoming a Christian is not becoming someone else, a saint or some other idea, it's discovering who you really are in God

No way that is nonsense.

Robert Pate

Banned
We do change to a saint.

Paul did not see himself as a sinner after Jesus saved him. Paul knew the saved were holy people

Romans 1:7 To all in Rome who are loved by God and called to be his holy people: Grace and peace to you from God our Father and from the Lord Jesus Christ.

1 Corinthians 1:2 To the church of God in Corinth, to those sanctified in Christ Jesus and called to be his holy people, together with all those everywhere who call on the name of our Lord Jesus Christ—their Lord and ours:

2 Corinthians 1:1 Paul, an apostle of Christ Jesus by the will of God, and Timothy our brother, To the church of God in Corinth, together with all his holy people throughout Achaia:

Ephesians 1:1 Paul, an apostle of Christ Jesus by the will of God, To God’s holy people in Ephesus, the faithful in Christ Jesus:

Ephesians 1:18 I pray that the eyes of your heart may be enlightened in order that you may know the hope to which he has called you, the riches of his glorious inheritance in his holy people,

Ephesians 3:18 may have power, together with all the Lord’s holy people, to grasp how wide and long and high and deep is the love of Christ,

...and many more.

I cannot find scripture where Paul calls us the sinners in Christ.

Then why did Paul refer to himself as "The Chief of Sinners?" 1 Timothy 1:15. He was a Christian when he wrote that. Not a Pharisee.

God's Truth

Then why did Paul refer to himself as "The Chief of Sinners?" 1 Timothy 1:15. He was a Christian when he wrote that. Not a Pharisee.

Because he was giving a teaching on what he was like BEFORE and how things CHANGED AFTER HE WAS SAVED.

If I stood before you to give my personal testimony, am I not already saved as I speak of how I was saved? Of course!

djhow

well it does mean that no effort or observance will get you it and the only way to know if it's true is to believe and the way will be opened up to you. You will find that you are loved beyond anything you know you will see that you are perfect just as you are with all your sins. God does not hold sins against anyone it is us who holds on to them.

If you call on the name of Jesus God will come to you, that was the promise of Jesus. It is by that authority that we can trust we are "finding" God and when we do find God we find we were already found in Christ.

Call on the name of Jesus and you will be saved. It's a promise spoken to everyman in the world

I am the one in the wilderness I am the light that lights all men and I am the way the truth and the Life.

When you follow Jesus you follow the way and you see the way because you have surrendered that everything that you are and the circumstance you find yourself Is the will of God, it is in the now and the surrendered heart see's what he must do now and follows the way. He finds the right people and he finds everything laid out before them as if God had put a highlighter on it. That is to follow Jesus, to follow the way and the way leads to Eternal Life.

God's Truth

well it does mean that no effort or observance will get you it
The Bible does NOT say that. We are to be careful about not leaning to the left or right of God's word. You have leaned away from his words.

and the only way to know if it's true is to believe and the way will be opened up to you.

The Word of God says the only way to know is if you are obedient.

You will find that you are loved beyond anything you know you will see that you are perfect just as you are with all your sins. God does not hold sins against anyone it is us who holds on to them.
No way, for your sins are NOT atoned for unless you confess and repent of them...and have those sins washed away by the blood of Jesus.

If you call on the name of Jesus God will come to you, that was the promise of Jesus.

You call on the name of the Lord AFTER you believe and obey by admitting you are a sinner and confessing and repenting.

It is by that authority that we can trust we are "finding" God and when we do find God we find we were already found in Christ.

Call on the name of Jesus and you will be saved. It's a promise spoken to everyman in the world
Those in the Bible who called on the name of the Lord---they called AFTER they confessed and repented of their sins.

I am the one in the wilderness I am the light that lights all men and I am the way the truth and the Life.
It sounds as if you are mixing up words from John and the words from Jesus.

John the baptizer came from the wilderness. Jesus did not.

When you follow Jesus you follow the way and you see the way because you have surrendered that everything that you are and the circumstance you find yourself Is the will of God, it is in the now and the surrendered heart see's what he must do now and follows the way. He finds the right people and he finds everything laid out before them as if God had put a highlighter on it. That is to follow Jesus, to follow the way and the way leads to Eternal Life.

You cannot follow the Way unless you do what the Way says.

Prizebeatz1

The Bible is not just a guide it is the written words of God.

That is right, God writes His Word on our heart and mind...and you would not even know that if you had not read it in the Bible.

That is something else you got from the Holy Bible, the Holy Bible that you are putting down and should not.

Psalm 46:10 He says, "Be still, and know that I am God; I will be exalted among the nations, I will be exalted in the earth."

Well now there is a scripture that you are going against...

Acts 17:27 God did this so that they would seek him and perhaps reach out for him and find him, though he is not far from any one of us.

The bible is inspired by God but the interpretation is not because it comes from man. No one is going against the bible. I'm saying that one must learn to undo the tendencies of the personality to uncover the truth it points to.

God's Truth

The bible is inspired by God but the interpretation is not because it comes from man. No one is going against the bible. I'm saying that one must learn to undo the tendencies of the personality to uncover the truth it points to.

All anyone and everyone has to do is to do what the Bible plainly says, THEN you will be given understanding.

Prizebeatz1

All anyone and everyone has to do is to do what the Bible plainly says, THEN you will be given understanding.

That is mostly true. But it is not the whole truth. There is much more to God than what is in the bible. It is one of many tools to help us gain a greater understanding of our God.

God's Truth

That is mostly true. But it is not the whole truth. There is much more to God than what is in the bible. It is one of many tools to help us gain a greater understanding of our God.

No, it is not mostly true, it is true. I can prove it to you easily that it is true. Tell me, if someone tells you something about God, do you not look to see if it is in the Holy Bible?

Prizebeatz1

No, it is not mostly true, it is true. I can prove it to you easily that it is true. Tell me, if someone tells you something about God, do you not look to see if it is in the Holy Bible?

I do but I don't stop there. There's much more to find out than what's in the bible. It's one slice of the pie. Not only that, there's much more to be found simply in the different interpretations. There's many ways to view the one same truth. The more angles I can consider the fuller picture I can approximate. Most people think different viewpoints compete and conflict but one can also find harmony amongst them. That's when things really start cooking.

rexlunae

The Catholic religion does NOT allow the Bible to dictate what they believe. The Catholic church is their source of authority and information and not the Bible. The biggest problem with the Catholic church is that there is nothing in the New Testament that resembles Catholicism and then there are many, many scriptures that are contrary to the Catholic religion.

That shouldn't surprise anyone. Sola scriptura is a Protestant doctrine. Why would Catholics adopt it? From their perspective, the Bible is one publication of their Church. It's perfectly consistent with their system of beliefs, which emphasizes Apostolic succession as the source of authority, and the Bible as merely one component of their religion. Protestants snatched one aspect of Catholicism up, and made a new tradition around it. But of course, it's at least as silly and arbitrary to elevate a book to some sort of infallible status as it is a bunch of elderly bishops.

God's Truth

I do but I don't stop there. There's much more to find out than what's in the bible. It's one slice of the pie. Not only that, there's much more to be found simply in the different interpretations. There's many ways to view the one same truth. The more angles I can consider the fuller picture I can approximate. Most people think different viewpoints compete and conflict but one can also find harmony amongst them. That's when things really start cooking.

If it isn't in the Holy Bible, it will go against the Holy Bible.

Prizebeatz1

If it isn't in the Holy Bible, it will go against the Holy Bible.

That is exactly the kind of attitude from the personality that needs to be reversed through spiritual work. It is mostly a reflection of its dualistic tendency that is being projected onto the world around it but the truth is oneness. The personality believes it knows the difference between good and bad, right and wrong, weak and strong, etc. It thinks it can judge everything and unconsciously makes a God unto itself. Sure there are times when judgment is necessary but it doesn't know when to quit. Adam and Eve bit the forbidden fruit of judgment once but the personality continues biting because it likes the way it tastes. It likes the feeling of control it gets from it. Surely you will not die if you eat of the fruit.

Last edited: