What Dictates What You Believe?

God's Truth

That's true but what about ""Why do you call me good?" Jesus answered. "No one is good--except God alone." (Mark 10:18). Jesus claimed that he is not good. Can we pick and choose when to take things literally only when it's convenient?

Jesus did not claim he was not good. Jesus is explaining that the good in him is God.

God's Truth

In the Old testament the word LORD is a replacement for the Hebrew letters YHWH (Yehowah). So it states in Deut 6:4 Yehowah our God is one Yehowah.
To say that God sent himself is false, it states in the bible that he sent his Son. How can he be Father and Son, didn't the Messiah say that his Father is Greater than him.

When someone comes forth from you that person is called a son, or a daughter.

Jesus came forth from God that is why he is called a Son.

God came in the flesh as a Son.

Last edited:

God's Truth

Most Christian organizations adhere to the Nicene Creed, which is the start of the Trinity doctrine. So it doesn't matter to them that there are many bible verses which state that there is only one God whose name is Yehowah (YHWH). They adhere to the Creed rather than the bible.

There is only one God, and He is the Father.

Since Jesus is God, he must also be God the Father with a body.

God the Father is invisible and lives in unapproachable light.

Jesus is God the Father with a body.

God's Truth

God GAVE Jesus the authority to forgive sins. The Father GAVE Jesus the power to raise the dead and feed thousands of people with only a few fish and loaves of bread.

You completely skirted the whole issue. I asked you to explain a few verses in John that apparently show Jesus to be in subjection to God. If he is in fact God, then explain to me how these scriptures portray that idea.

John 5:19,30

John 6:38

John 8:28,29

John 12:49,50

John 14:24,28

John 17:3

John 20:17

Incidentally, John 8:24 doesn't even say what you are suggesting it is saying. I've pointed this out to you before. It simply means that he is "the light of the world," as he said in verse 12. There is nothing said in this passage that even hints that he is God. Have you also forgotten verse 26, where he says that he speaks what the Father has told him?

All those scriptures say that Jesus ONLY SAYS AND DOES what the Father SAYS AND DOES.

Think about that for a while.

Who can only say and do what God says and does?

No mere man can do that, only God the Father in the flesh can do that.

God's Truth

Jesus says when you SEE him, you have SEEN the Father.

See John 14:7 If you really know me, you will know my Father as well. From now on, you do know him and have seen him."

John 14:9 Jesus answered: "Don't you know me, Philip, even after I have been among you such a long time? Anyone who has seen me has seen the Father. How can you say, 'Show us the Father'?

John 12:45 The one who looks at me is seeing the one who sent me.

When I see Jesus, I can say, "I see the Father".

God's Truth

Are you familiar with Genesis chapter 3? Do you recall that Satan said, "You will NOT die"? I'm sure Eve thought that she would never die, and that God had lied to her. Did He? Did God lie? He had said that if she ate from the tree she would die (Genesis 2:17). But He was lying?

See, you are siding with Satan. HE was the one who lied, not God. Eve DID die, and everyone after her.

Jesus was referring to the time when he comes back in Kingdom power, at John 11:26. He had already said that there would be people who were dead, and he would bring them back to life. Then he indicated that those who were not dead at the time of his return would not die at all...they would survive the end of the age and enter into his Millennial Reign over a paradise Earth. We have that possibility, in this generation.

Comprende? Verstehen?

We die physically, our flesh dies, but our spirit does not die.

Prizebeatz1

God's Word is the standard for all truth, so I use God's Word as the first source for everything I believe.

Well what about the interpretation of the word? There's many ways to see things and they often conflict and compete.

Sent from my iPhone using TOL

Prizebeatz1

Jesus says when you SEE him, you have SEEN the Father.

See John 14:7 If you really know me, you will know my Father as well. From now on, you do know him and have seen him."

John 14:9 Jesus answered: "Don't you know me, Philip, even after I have been among you such a long time? Anyone who has seen me has seen the Father. How can you say, 'Show us the Father'?

John 12:45 The one who looks at me is seeing the one who sent me.

When I see Jesus, I can say, "I see the Father".

Suppose this is not meant to be taken literally? What if God is infinite and eternal and these verses point to the soul which is the infinite eternal part of us? Then what would it mean that he who has seen me has seen the father?

God's Truth

Well what about the interpretation of the word? There's many ways to see things and they often conflict and compete.

Understanding is given to those who obey.

John 14:21 The person who has my commandments and obeys them is the one who loves me. The one who loves me will be loved by my Father, and I will love him and will reveal myself to him."

Psalm 119:100 I have more understanding than the elders, for I obey your precepts.

Proverbs 3:32 For the LORD detests the perverse but takes the upright into his confidence.

See Proverbs 3:5-6 Trust in the LORD with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways submit to him, and he will make your paths straight.

John 7:17 Anyone who chooses to do the will of God will find out whether my teaching comes from God or whether I speak on my own.

John 8:30 Even as he spoke, many believed in him. 31 To the Jews who had believed him, Jesus said, "If you hold to my teaching, you are really my disciples. 32 Then you will know the truth, and the truth will set you free."

2 Timothy 2:25 correcting opponents with gentleness. Perhaps God will grant them repentance and then knowledge of the truth.

Luke 11:28 He replied, "Blessed rather are those who hear the word of God and obey it."

God's Truth

Suppose this is not meant to be taken literally? What if God is infinite and eternal and these verses point to the soul which is the infinite eternal part of us? Then what would it mean that he who has seen me has seen the father?

Jesus says plainly that when we see him we see the Father.

As for us, we are to be conformed to the image of Jesus.

However, there are three and the three are one and the same. The Father, Son, and the Holy Spirit are the three who are one and the same.

We are to become one with them, but that does not make us them.

We are to be conformed to the image of Christ, but that dose not make us Christ, for our blood does not take away the sins of the world, and no matter how much we are conformed to the image of Christ, we were not sent from heaven...

Truth-

When someone comes forth from you that person is called a son, or a daughter.

Jesus came forth from God that is why he is called a Son.

God came in the flesh as a Son.

That is not what it states in the bible, Yehowah sent his Son not himself. By saying the Father sent himself as the Son is a lie.
John 17:12 While I was with them in the world, I kept them in thy name: those that thou gavest me I have kept, and none of them is lost, but the son of perdition; that the scripture might be fulfilled.

The above verse states clearly that there is the Father who sent his Son to bring his father's words and he kept them in his Father's name. The Messiah also told us to pray to his Father, "Our Father which art in heaven Hallowed by thy name".

It is his Son whose true Hebrew name is Yehowshuwa, that came in the flesh, not almighty Yehowah the Father.

God's Truth

That is not what it states in the bible, Yehowah sent his Son not himself. By saying the Father sent himself as the Son is a lie.
John 17:12 While I was with them in the world, I kept them in thy name: those that thou gavest me I have kept, and none of them is lost, but the son of perdition; that the scripture might be fulfilled.

The above verse states clearly that there is the Father who sent his Son to bring his father's words and he kept them in his Father's name. The Messiah also told us to pray to his Father, "Our Father which art in heaven Hallowed by thy name".

It is his Son whose true Hebrew name is Yehowshuwa, that came in the flesh, not almighty Yehowah the Father.
God the Father came in the flesh.

God did not pretend to come as a Man He really did come as a Man.

Tell me, do you believe the Holy Spirit lives in the saved?

Please answer that question.

Prizebeatz1

What Dictates What You Believe?

Jesus says plainly that when we see him we see the Father.

As for us, we are to be conformed to the image of Jesus.

However, there are three and the three are one and the same. The Father, Son, and the Holy Spirit are the three who are one and the same.

We are to become one with them, but that does not make us them.

We are to be conformed to the image of Christ, but that dose not make us Christ, for our blood does not take away the sins of the world, and no matter how much we are conformed to the image of Christ, we were not sent from heaven...

Could Christ represent the soul? Born pure of a virgin with the same substance as God, miraculous in healing unconscious lack of self-worth and resurrecting the innocent part of the self left behind during childhood, misunderstood and buried as the cornerstone the builders rejected from the Trinity yet it still lives?

God's Truth

Could Christ represent the soul?

I could agree with that. Jesus represents the people we are to become like.

We are flesh and spirit. Our spirit makes our flesh a living soul.

Jesus' Spirit is the Holy Spirit the Spirit of God.

If you want scripture references to anything I say just ask.
Born pure of a virgin with the same substance as God, miraculous in healing unconscious lack of self-worth and reigniting vital parts of the self left behind during childhood, misunderstood and buried as the cornerstone the builders rejected from the Trinity yet it still lives on?
I am not a trinitarian, but I think I could agree with what you said here, if I am not misunderstanding you.

djhow

Yes I believe that Jesus was God. I believe that Jesus understood that Jehohah was a name that hangs on God. He said to the Jews you do not know the Father, I and the Father are one. So he wasn't saying "what you think of as God and I are one" He was saying if you want to see God then look to me I am the Way the Truth and the Life and no man comes to God except through God

God's Truth

Yes I believe that Jesus was God. I believe that Jesus understood that Jehohah was a name that hangs on God. He said to the Jews you do not know the Father, I and the Father are one. So he wasn't saying "what you think of as God and I are one" He was saying if you want to see God then look to me I am the Way the Truth and the Life and no man comes to God except through God

It sounds as if we agree, but will you clarify for me further? You believe Jesus is God, but do you believe that Jesus is God the Father with a body?

djhow

Yes he said we are all children of God

Jesus said to sinners "The kingdom is within you" He didn't say you need to become something else to get it. He said you need to be born again to see it

djhow

It sounds as if we agree, but will you clarify for me further? You believe Jesus is God, but do you believe that Jesus is God the Father with a body?

I can tell you this. From the day that I believed that Jesus was God (I had no idea of Theology) I spent a month wrestling my demons and every reason why I should not believe in God and I broke out into a peace and serenity that transcended everything I knew or deserved. I was on the run with a false passport. Once I believed I started to pray and answers would come left right and centre, I seemed to be in the zone and all I knew was God/Christ and I was alive.

I am also the prodigal that turned away because at one point in my life I was about to die and I was healed and walked away and the elders said it was not God. If I was to tell the story you would have to make up your own mind but it threw me into confusion. I was battered by theology and the path of accepting all things and have felt totally alone, being the chief of sinners and never once has God let me down, in no thing I have issue with God. Whether in faith or without faith I have lived day by day for 30 years and never worried about a thing and have never not been provided for. In fact I have been provided more than I need in many ways. I have no money and yet I have everything.