What Dictates What You Believe?

God's Truth

That is exactly the kind of attitude from the personality that needs to be reversed through spiritual work. It is mostly a reflection of its dualistic tendency that is being projected onto the world around it but the truth is oneness. The personality believes it knows the difference between good and bad, right and wrong, weak and strong, etc. It thinks it can judge everything and unconsciously makes a God unto itself. Sure there are times when judgment is necessary but it doesn't know when to quit. Adam and Eve bit the forbidden fruit of judgment once but the personality continues biting because it likes the way it tastes. It likes the feeling of control it gets from it. Surely you will not die if you eat of the fruit.

Sent from my iPhone using TOL

The Bible has everything we need to guide us into eternal life. Just trust the written words of God and do what He says, and Jesus will give you understanding.

Robert Pate

Banned
The Bible has everything we need to guide us into eternal life. Just trust the written words of God and do what He says, and Jesus will give you understanding.

Jesus taught the law to show you that you do not measure up to God's standards. This is why Paul wrote, "There is none righteous, no, not one" Romans 3:10.

Prizebeatz1

I do understand what you are trying to say. The only problem is the literal translation excludes the most important piece which is the soul and the soul is salvation in itself.

God's Truth

Jesus taught the law to show you that you do not measure up to God's standards.
Jesus taught the NEW Covenant.

Did Jesus teach to stone people for adultery? No. Did Jesus teach an eye for an eye, a tooth for a tooth, a hand for a hand, a foot for a foot? No. Did Jesus say certain foods make us unclean? No. Jesus says it is not what goes in but what comes out. Did Jesus not teach he would die for the forgiveness of sins, and that he was the Sacrificial Lamb of God and this is the blood of the NEW COVENANT? Yes.

You are disrespectful saying Jesus' words are obsolete, worthless, and waxing over.

This is why Paul wrote, "There is none righteous, no, not one" Romans 3:10.

That scripture is about how even the Jews sinned as the Gentiles sinned. Where do you ever get it means we do not have to obey God anymore?

God's Truth

What dictates what I believe? I understand that ultimately I want to be right with god. So my goal is that and I need to aim to do that. Pride aside it can be quite daunting since God requires belief in the truth to be saved. Aarons sons offered strange fire and were consumed. How scary. The bible is the closet portal I can take to do that. I reasoned within my self that I like anyone else is prone to be wrong. When I read the bible I have to read it logically to the best of my ability that god has given me. I also consider my self 'blind, deaf, paralytic' and I rely on God to relay the correct information to me. I also set my self up for correction. I have changed even the fundamentals of my faith to better match up with the word. I won't give into the mob mentality that just because a lot of people believe a certain way doesn't mean it's right.

It is scary what happened to Aaron's sons. We have to understand why it happened. God had to show us that we cannot just add to His word what we think He would want as a form of worship. We are not to lean to the left or to the right of His Word, or add or subtract.

The Bible says understanding is given to those who obey; and, thankfully God is a merciful God.

Prizebeatz1

You're too self absorbed

No. YOU are too self absorbed. Over-identification with the personality causes us to unconsciously discourage others from feeling their self-worth because we can't feel our own. It tries to bring other people down along with it. Remember love your enemies and treat others the way you want to be treated? Maybe you don't genuinely love yourself or you think true self-worth is not important. The enemy prowls seeking to devour. It offers false imitations and substitutes in exchange for unconditional love and salvation because it doesn't know any better. It is desperate to distract people away from the soul because it knows once it is found out it's doomed to self-destruct.

Last edited:

Robert Pate

Banned
What dictates what I believe? I understand that ultimately I want to be right with god. So my goal is that and I need to aim to do that. Pride aside it can be quite daunting since God requires belief in the truth to be saved. Aarons sons offered strange fire and were consumed. How scary. The bible is the closet portal I can take to do that. I reasoned within my self that I like anyone else is prone to be wrong. When I read the bible I have to read it logically to the best of my ability that god has given me. I also consider my self 'blind, deaf, paralytic' and I rely on God to relay the correct information to me. I also set my self up for correction. I have changed even the fundamentals of my faith to better match up with the word. I won't give into the mob mentality that just because a lot of people believe a certain way doesn't mean it's right.

Very refreshing. There is a correct way to believe and have faith. God has given us a book. If we sincerely want to know the correct way to believe and have faith the answer is in the book. Problem is that people want to add what they believe to the book. Just like Aarons sons wanted to add their ideas (strange fire) to the way God wanted things done.

Prizebeatz1

Very refreshing. There is a correct way to believe and have faith. God has given us a book. If we sincerely want to know the correct way to believe and have faith the answer is in the book. Problem is that people want to add what they believe to the book. Just like Aarons sons wanted to add their ideas (strange fire) to the way God wanted things done.

Let us also please consider the many different interpretations of what is "correct" when it comes to the Word. It could be detrimental to limit ourselves to only one "right" way to translate the bible. Perhaps we are not getting the complete picture but only a few pieces of the puzzle.

Robert Pate

Banned
Let us also please consider the many different interpretations of what is "correct" when it comes to the Word. It could be detrimental to limit ourselves to only one "right" way to translate the bible. Perhaps we are not getting the complete picture but only a few pieces of the puzzle.

If you interpret the Bible in the light of your religion or in the light of what you think it should say, you will never find the truth.

This is why Jesus said, "And few there be that find it" Matthew 7:14. Few there be that find the truth. Many, instead of finding the truth, find religion because religion is more appealing.

Prizebeatz1

If you interpret the Bible in the light of your religion or in the light of what you think it should say, you will never find the truth.

This is why Jesus said, "And few there be that find it" Matthew 7:14. Few there be that find the truth. Many, instead of finding the truth, find religion because religion is more appealing.

Isn't that what we are all doing? Don't we all assume we have the correct interpretation? Isn't that a large part of the reason why there are so many different denominations?

The faith of Jesus Christ and the apostles of the Holy Bible, as the Holy Spirit helps lead us into truth, is my sole authority. Scripture is the measure of truth, obvious the Lord gave us scripture to have this measure of truth, against the corruptions of men and devils, against false religions and false gospels, which have added to or taken away from the whole truth. What doesn't conform to the Holy Bible, which is the word of God, should be discarded, period.

Prizebeatz1

The faith of Jesus Christ and the apostles of the Holy Bible, as the Holy Spirit helps lead us into truth, is my sole authority. Scripture is the measure of truth, obvious the Lord gave us scripture to have this measure of truth, against the corruptions of men and devils, against false religions and false gospels, which have added to or taken away from the whole truth. What doesn't conform to the Holy Bible, which is the word of God, should be discarded, period.

That looks to be more than one sole authority. You just named three. There is more than one interpretation of the Bible. Yours is one out of many. Why would yours be more right than anyone else's?

There are many basic Bible truths that most real Christians accept.

This is true, as well as a very important point. You find in our times, as well as down the generations of Christianity, a community in agreement with basic, even deeper truths. It's my experience the Holy Spirit leads one in scripture study, as well as in who to listen to, or read from, that you come to know those who are of consistent truth. You find these same agree, remarkably so, and they are all Bible teachers, not teachers of doctrines of men.

You can't go wrong, if you stick to fundamentalist Bible teachers who prove their doctrines with Bible harmony, in context, stick to those you come to know are of truth, who, sermon to sermon, or teaching to teaching, you can say yes to, that they are never lying, anyway, or injecting the doctrines of men and demons into their teachings. One can learn a lot this way and gain true understanding, as you see scripture harmony emerge more and more, as scripture understanding merges into a unity of truth, cover to cover of the Bible. In the same vein, I've refused to continue to listen to anybody, off the reservation of scripture harmony or of doctrines of men, in any significant way.

It appears to me that there are very few that believe what the Bible says. They interpret everything according to their religion or what they think that it should say.

This is the problem with, especially, the cults. They, in fact, esteem their religion, their false doctrines, the writings of their corrupt false prophets, more than the word of God. Many have never blanked their minds and sought to learn only what the Lord has to say in scripture, rather accept the premises of their false prophets, first, even twist scripture interpretations to fit these demonic doctrines, which is what any lying doctrine actually is. It is very much a matter of false religion in control, of accursed gospels.

Galatians 1

6 I marvel that ye are so soon removed from him that called you into the grace of Christ unto another gospel:
7 Which is not another; but there be some that trouble you, and would pervert the gospel of Christ.
8 But though we, or an angel from heaven, preach any other gospel unto you than that which we have preached unto you, let him be accursed.
9 As we said before, so say I now again, If any man preach any other gospel unto you than that ye have received, let him be accursed.

1 Timothy 4

1 Now the Spirit speaketh expressly, that in the latter times some shall depart from the faith, giving heed to seducing spirits, and doctrines of devils;
2 Speaking lies in hypocrisy; having their conscience seared with a hot iron;
3 Forbidding to marry, and commanding to abstain from meats, which God hath created to be received with thanksgiving of them which believe and know the truth.
4 For every creature of God is good, and nothing to be refused, if it be received with thanksgiving:
5 For it is sanctified by the word of God and prayer.