What Dictates What You Believe?

God's Truth

I can tell you this. From the day that I believed that Jesus was God (I had no idea of Theology) I spent a month wrestling my demons and every reason why I should not believe in God and I broke out into a peace and serenity that transcended everything I knew or deserved. I was on the run with a false passport. Once I believed I started to pray and answers would come left right and centre, I seemed to be in the zone and all I knew was God/Christ and I was alive.

I am also the prodigal that turned away because at one point in my life I was about to die and I was healed and walked away and the elders said it was not God. If I was to tell the story you would have to make up your own mind but it threw me into confusion. I was battered by theology and the path of accepting all things and have felt totally alone, being the chief of sinners and never once has God let me down, in no thing I have issue with God. Whether in faith or without faith I have lived day by day for 30 years and never worried about a thing and have never not been provided for. In fact I have been provided more than I need in many ways. I have no money and yet I have everything.

Thank you, it sounds as if you have an amazing testimony. I would like to talk more about it and see too if we have much like mindedness.

I hope to get back online soon.

Robert Pate

Banned
I can tell you this. From the day that I believed that Jesus was God (I had no idea of Theology) I spent a month wrestling my demons and every reason why I should not believe in God and I broke out into a peace and serenity that transcended everything I knew or deserved. I was on the run with a false passport. Once I believed I started to pray and answers would come left right and centre, I seemed to be in the zone and all I knew was God/Christ and I was alive.

I am also the prodigal that turned away because at one point in my life I was about to die and I was healed and walked away and the elders said it was not God. If I was to tell the story you would have to make up your own mind but it threw me into confusion. I was battered by theology and the path of accepting all things and have felt totally alone, being the chief of sinners and never once has God let me down, in no thing I have issue with God. Whether in faith or without faith I have lived day by day for 30 years and never worried about a thing and have never not been provided for. In fact I have been provided more than I need in many ways. I have no money and yet I have everything.

Sounds like you have been a victim of religion.

It is better to be "The Chief of Sinners" than to be the Chief of Pharisees.

genuineoriginal

That's true but what about ""Why do you call me good?" Jesus answered. "No one is good--except God alone." (Mark 10:18). Jesus claimed that he is not good.
Did God exalt Jesus and give Jesus a name above every name for being good or for being fully obedient?

Philippians 2:7-9
7 But made himself of no reputation, and took upon him the form of a servant, and was made in the likeness of men:
8 And being found in fashion as a man, he humbled himself, and became obedient unto death, even the death of the cross.
9 Wherefore God also hath highly exalted him, and given him a name which is above every name:​

"Being good" is man attempting to make God a debtor to you.
God cannot be obligated by anything man does, but God is pleased with man humbling himself and obeying God's commandments like a "good and faithful servant" and rewards those who please Him.

Can we pick and choose when to take things literally only when it's convenient?
If you do that, you can come up with very weird doctrines, like Calvinism and Dispensationalism.

Truth-

God the Father came in the flesh.

God did not pretend to come as a Man He really did come as a Man.

Tell me, do you believe the Holy Spirit lives in the saved?

Please answer that question.

Almighty Yehowah is spirit, there is no other third person of the trinity. Those that believe and pray to Almighty Yehowah has the spirit of God in them. Those that believe that the Son is God, do not have the spirit of Yehowah in them. The Messiah never said to worship him, he said we are to worship his Father. The Messiah never claimed to be God, always the Son of God.

Robert Pate

Banned
Almighty Yehowah is spirit, there is no other third person of the trinity. Those that believe and pray to Almighty Yehowah has the spirit of God in them. Those that believe that the Son is God, do not have the spirit of Yehowah in them. The Messiah never said to worship him, he said we are to worship his Father. The Messiah never claimed to be God, always the Son of God.

What are you going to do about this scripture?

"I and my Father are one" John 10:30.

"Then the Jews took up stones again to stone him" John 10:31.

Maybe you would have participated.

Truth-

What are you going to do about this scripture?

"I and my Father are one" John 10:30.

"Then the Jews took up stones again to stone him" John 10:31.

Maybe you would have participated.

Basically you are saying that the Messiah is a liar. Clearly it is meant as in agreement as we see in the following verses.

John 17:22 And the glory which thou gavest me I have given them; that they may be one, even as we are one:
23 I in them, and thou in me, that they may be made perfect in one; and that the world may know that thou hast sent me, and hast loved them, as thou hast loved me.

God's Truth

Thank you :) I never knew being a sinner would be so encouraging lol bless you many times :)
I do not believe Robert Pate has understanding. I do not believe he knows why it is better to be a sinner IN THAT scripture. Paul was a Pharisee.

God's Truth

Yes he said we are all children of God

Jesus said to sinners "The kingdom is within you" He didn't say you need to become something else to get it. He said you need to be born again to see it

Well, Jesus DID say we had to become something else to get in...he said we had to become as little children. Little children who are obedient and ready to do everything their Father says to do. We had to forgive, we had to repent, and we had to have faith.

Matthew 18:3 And he said: "Truly I tell you, unless you change and become like little children, you will never enter the kingdom of heaven.

God's Truth

I can tell you this. From the day that I believed that Jesus was God (I had no idea of Theology) I spent a month wrestling my demons and every reason why I should not believe in God and I broke out into a peace and serenity that transcended everything I knew or deserved.
What exactly happened in that time you wrestled with your demons is this the time you gave up some sins? I gave up some sins when I wanted to be saved.
I was on the run with a false passport. Once I believed.
What caused you to come to believe? As for myself, I just always believed since a small child.
I started to pray and answers would come left right and centre,
This sounds amazing. Could you tell me what you were praying about and what kind of answers you asked and what was answered?
I do not blame you if you do not want to answer my questions. I am protective over my testimony.
I seemed to be in the zone and all I knew was God/Christ and I was alive.

I am also the prodigal that turned away because at one point in my life I was about to die and I was healed and walked away and the elders said it was not God.
What you say here is very confusing to me. When did you leave as the prodigal son? Was it after a healing and revelation? This is hard for me to understand if that is what happened. WHO ARE THE ELDERS you are talking about? Were you in the Mormon relgion?
If I was to tell the story you would have to make up your own mind but it threw me into confusion. I was battered by theology and the path of accepting all things and have felt totally alone, being the chief of sinners and never once has God let me down, in no thing I have issue with God. Whether in faith or without faith I have lived day by day for 30 years and never worried about a thing and have never not been provided for. In fact I have been provided more than I need in many ways. I have no money and yet I have everything.
Sometimes we need money and God supplies that too.
I am interested in the testimony of others. If you do not want to speak more about it here I understand.

God's Truth

Did God exalt Jesus and give Jesus a name above every name for being good or for being fully obedient?

Philippians 2:7-9
7 But made himself of no reputation, and took upon him the form of a servant, and was made in the likeness of men:
8 And being found in fashion as a man, he humbled himself, and became obedient unto death, even the death of the cross.
9 Wherefore God also hath highly exalted him, and given him a name which is above every name:​

"Being good" is man attempting to make God a debtor to you.
God cannot be obligated by anything man does, but God is pleased with man humbling himself and obeying God's commandments like a "good and faithful servant" and rewards those who please Him.

If you do that, you can come up with very weird doctrines, like Calvinism and Dispensationalism.
You have a problem with the word 'good'.

Luke 8:15 “… these are the ones who have heard the word in an honest and good heart, and hold it fast, and bear fruit with perseverance.”

Matthew 12:35 A good man brings good things out of the good stored up in him, and an evil man brings evil things out of the evil stored up in him.

Jesus says there are good people, and it is to those people who get saved.

God's Truth

Almighty Yehowah is spirit, there is no other third person of the trinity.
You do not have to use the word 'trinity', but there are three, and the three are the one and same God.

Those that believe and pray to Almighty Yehowah has the spirit of God in them. Those that believe that the Son is God, do not have the spirit of Yehowah in them. The Messiah never said to worship him, he said we are to worship his Father.
You want to speak for Jesus, so tell me why you do not know that Jesus was worshiped and he did not stop anyone from doing that?
The Messiah never claimed to be God, always the Son of God.

So you say you believe saved people have the Spirit of God in them...do you believe Jesus says you must have the Spirit of Christ in you to be saved?

God's Truth

Basically you are saying that the Messiah is a liar. Clearly it is meant as in agreement as we see in the following verses.

John 17:22 And the glory which thou gavest me I have given them; that they may be one, even as we are one:
23 I in them, and thou in me, that they may be made perfect in one; and that the world may know that thou hast sent me, and hast loved them, as thou hast loved me.

Does your blood take away sins?

djhow

Because it is in your sin and weakness that you find you are a child of God. Jesus couldn't save those that knew better and lorded it over people. He came to the Jews because they had claimed the right to be children of God to the exclusion of everyone else.

Jesus came to those very people who wanted blood for atonement and Jesus died willingly that they would see past where they were and that God was God of the world and all people are God's creation and He say's come and see that you are children of God. If you surrender what you know and believe and believe that I am the way the truth and the life you will have eternal life. Not in the sense that you will live for ever but that you will have and be one with the Eternal Life that flows through all things.

The prophets said he'd come and even they didn't know what they were heralding in

If you think of God as Jehovah then you have some tricky resolving to do such as How does God be the author of Genocide on one side and God is Love on the other.

Jesus was the Son of God and not Jehovah and is why he saved the gentiles He came for the whole world.

:) For God so Loved the World

Jehovah did not have much time for it

He answered and fulfilled everything for those that claimed they knew God in the law and prophets but he did it as the Son of God and that is a man and he gave us rights to be sons of God that we maybe one with God as he is one with God

Think about this.

If you were God would you say and appear in so many ways that it would be confusing as to who you were. If you were God you would only have to come once, say what needs to be said and demonstrate living in the flow of God. That you wouldn't need to write it down because, well you're God and you have provision in store.

There has been much truth revealed about the world and the ones that have had the most trouble with it are the people who claim to know the truth.

If you wanted justice for an evil crime committed against you would the death of Jesus be enough that you can forgive those that sin against you?

Last edited:

Prizebeatz1

Well, Jesus DID say we had to become something else to get in...he said we had to become as little children. Little children who are obedient and ready to do everything their Father says to do. We had to forgive, we had to repent, and we had to have faith.

Matthew 18:3 And he said: "Truly I tell you, unless you change and become like little children, you will never enter the kingdom of heaven.

I think this has more to do with re-connecting to our childhood innocence that we left behind before we became adults.

Sent from my iPhone using TOL

djhow

I won't go into that story but I will tell another when I was learning what it is to trust God.

I was no stranger to hitch hiking and I was living in England and for three months I was going to have to return to Scotland and back. A round trip of seven hundred miles and being a young Christian I thought I would flex my spiritual armour, with faith that can move mountains surely I can get a car to stop for me.

So I stood there and prayed "In the name of Jesus I ask that a car stop for me now" the cars drove past as if I was invisible. I resolved myself to muster up more faith and command heaven and the angels that this child of God needed a lift to Scotland. I prayed in faith thanking God for his already provided provision. I confessed any sin I might have and owned up to all the ones I hadn't committed too just in case.

And a thought crossed my mind. Yes I want a lift and I'm assuming God wants me to have a lift, after all, ask and these things shall be given to you. What if God didn't want me to have a lift? What if God wanted me to stand here till it rained and stopped and I dried out?

I realised my error and my next prayer was "Lord, your will be done I will stand here all day and thank you for your will for me" I stuck my thumb out and the first car stopped.

Coincidence I would say but it became the most amazing three months of travel. I got out of that car and surrendered to the will of God and another car stopped. In the midst of this I knew I would be tested. I prayed the prayer and offered myself up to it after all

Every two weeks I went to Scotland and back for three months and got out of one car and straight into another. I never waited once.

I got out the car one time and I thought to myself, it's my thumb and before I had even stuck my thumb out a lorry driver stopped.

I learned that it is in surrender of our own will for the will of God and it unfolds the way

On the very last journey for the last ten miles I could not get a lift. I stood and thanked God for the hour or so I stood there and thanked God for the walk home, every step :) God is Good