Unoffical TOL Rules and Advice for Newbs

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I love the ones who come on here loaded for bear - remember Greenrage? :chuckle:

He is up there with tardly artie and barbie. I made edited this a while back.

internet_-_it_doesnt_make_you_stupid_it_just_makes_your_stupidity_more_accessible_to_others.jpg

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame
Don't post in threads that haven't been posted in for more than two days.

I think 2 days is a little short, sometimes people are out of town or just taking a break or are spending time with family.

A couple weeks? I would agree with you there. (if it was anything other than a news update for example in a thread about a reported news item or so)

Lighthouse

The Dark Knight
Gold Subscriber
Hall of Fame
I think 2 days is a little short, sometimes people are out of town or just taking a break or are spending time with family.

A couple weeks? I would agree with you there. (if it was anything other than a news update for example in a thread about a reported news item or so)
I was referring to newbies doing it, not regulars who may have been unable to post for a couple of days.

WizardofOz

- If a thread is over 10 pages long, it may be a better idea to respond to the most recent comments and not necessarily the OP. Threads evolve.

Delmar

Patron Saint of SMACK
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
There is one piece of advice for newbies which I would like.
Can you advise me why newbies arent allowed to ego search?

Lion IRC, you do not have permission to..."find all posts by Lion IRC"

Until then try subscribing to the threads you post in.

quip

BANNED
Banned
Don't for once believe in equal expression if such expression is indifferent or hostile to the Knight's and posse!

dreadknought

What about doing things like finding out who posts in my threads and how many posts they make etc?

For instance, what facts can you tell me about this particular thread? What compiled information is there and how easy is it to search or manipulate?

I know how to do a thread search with, let's say my name and that I then can count that I've posted here twice, but what other forum search tools are there and do any of them give interesting information?
I don't know how to do these search things, post counts etc. :think: