Unoffical TOL Rules and Advice for Newbs

WizardofOz

- When responding to a post of great length, do not include the entire post if you're only going to respond with a few lines of statements or questions.

WizardofOz

- Place at least one thread tag in every thread.

Because.....it's fun! :party:

Spoiler
Tag Cloud
abiogenesis abortion another homosexual thread atheism atheists are morons bacon baconbaconbaconbaconbacon baiting members banned big noise biology blather blovating blovating troll call-out thread christianity creation creationism darwin death penalty dim bulb dishonest barbarian dna dominionism early man election epically stupid evolution faith flood fluff fossil fraud genesis genetics geology god goodbye thread gospel government grandslam gun control guns inflation intelligent design intentional blasphemy israel jesus law lib rage moron with no brain natural selection obama politics praise proselytize for judaism romney salvation science sin stripe stripe bumbling stripe non-science troll trolling truthsmack whingeing whining whiny atheist wildcard thread

resurrected

BANNED
Banned
- When responding to a post of great length, do not include the entire post if you're only going to respond with a few lines of statements or questions.

alternatively, take the effort to respond to every single niggling point ad infinitum, and in much more expansive language, thereby guaranteeing that a long post gets turned into one doubly or trebly long :thumb:

if you want a link to an example of this practice, I'm sure I can oblige :)

Delmar

Patron Saint of SMACK
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Unoffical TOL Rules and Advice for Newbs
Good thread topic.
I would add that it is helpful to study the difference between sending a "you message" and an "I message".

If you were, for example, to say "It seems foolish to me to believe that your God would communicate to you through an ancient text." A ban is far less likely than if you made the statement "you are a fool to believe that your god would communicate to you through an ancient text."

Given the second example I, as a moderator, see no reason to tolerate your presence at this Christian forum.

Squishes

Good thread topic.
I would add that it is helpful to study the difference between sending a "you message" and an "I message".

If you were, for example, to say "It seems foolish to me to believe that your God would communicate to you through an ancient text." A ban is far less likely than if you made the statement "you are a fool to believe that your god would communicate to you through an ancient text."

Given the second example I, as a moderator, see no reason to tolerate your presence at this Christian forum.

It seems to me that you take things too personally.

WizardofOz

- If you are an atheist or agnostic do not be hostile toward all theists simply because one or two were hostile toward you. Civilized conversation and debate is possible depending on whom you're talking to.