unfinished business

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
It's okay, cheer up, be happy. We're here today and gone tomorrow. Life is fleeting.

:cheers:

That's why we need to be ever vigilant of our short time here on earth compared to the eternity that looms ahead of us. Some are headed for judgment and eternal damnation others are guaranteed eternal life because of God's Grace.

Nanja

Some are headed for judgment and eternal damnation others are guaranteed eternal life because of God's Grace.

True, but it has nothing to do with the works which they have done Titus 3:5, but only by what God has already done from eternity, for all of His Election of Grace; Rom. 11:5; Eph 1:4-11!

Grace was given exclusively to God's Sons / Children Eph. 1:4-5, Chosen in Union with Christ to Eternal Life, God's Vessels of Mercy Rom. 9:23, before the world began 2 Tim. 1:9.

Yet, all the rest of humanity are condemned, and have been prepared for the final Judgment Rom. 9:22; Jude 1:4; Mat. 13:38-39; 25:41.

~~~~~

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
True, but it has nothing to do with the works which they have done Titus 3:5, but only by what God has already done from eternity, for all of His Election of Grace; Rom. 11:5; Eph 1:4-11!

Grace was given exclusively to God's Sons / Children Eph. 1:4-5, Chosen in Union with Christ to Eternal Life, God's Vessels of Mercy Rom. 9:23, before the world began 2 Tim. 1:9.

Yet, all the rest of humanity are condemned, and have been prepared for the final Judgment Rom. 9:22; Jude 1:4; Mat. 13:38-39; 25:41.

~~~~~

You are one of two posters on TOL (The other being B57) who are "Ultra, Hyper-Calvinists." You both preach that God creates ALL the sin in the world and that God chose a number of people to save and the others He chose to send into eternal damnation. Even the "Normal" Calvinists have nothing to do with you two.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
There is no "this in verse 11 anymore than there is a we (as you say) in verse 3 (1 Corinthians 15:3 KJV)!

The context of verse 11 is resurrection as you were shown before. http://theologyonline.com/showthread.php?118903-unfinished-business&p=4774420&viewfull=1#post4774420

What did Peter preach in Acts 2 was the reason that God raised Christ from the dead? What did Paul preach as to the resurrection of Jesus Christ? This:

Peter preached:

Acts 2:30 Therefore being a prophet, and knowing that God had sworn with an oath to him, that of the fruit of his loins, according to the flesh, he would raise up Christ to sit on his throne;

Paul preached:

Romans 4:25 Who was delivered for our offences, and was raised again for our justification.

Things that are different are not the same! It is not the same gospel!

Good post

lifeisgood

~~~~~

Tambora and I have asked B57:
Do you tell your children when you put them to bed that God loves them?
Or
Do you tell them that they might be ones that were born only so God could send them to hell and there isn't a darn thing they can do about it?

I'm still waiting for an answer. Can't have both. Maybe you, Nanja, can provide the answer?

heir

TOL Subscriber
Peter preached primarily to the Jews starting at Jerusalem. He said, "Repent and let every one of you be baptized in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins and you shall receive the gift of the Holy Spirit."
Look at you trying to convince yourself that Peter went "primarily to the Jews" as if it were the norm for Peter to also go into the way of the Gentiles, but nothing could be further from the truth. Peter was commanded not to Matthew 10:5-6 KJV!

At Pentecost Peter preached a murder indictment to all the house of Israel that they murdered their Messiah, the Lord Jesus Christ, but that God hath raised Him up!

Acts 2:22 Ye men of Israel, hear these words; Jesus of Nazareth, a man approved of God among you by miracles and wonders and signs, which God did by him in the midst of you, as ye yourselves also know:
Acts 2:23 Him, being delivered by the determinate counsel and foreknowledge of God, ye have taken, and by wicked hands have crucified and slain:
Acts 2:24 Whom God hath raised up, having loosed the pains of death: because it was not possible that he should be holden of it.
Acts 2:25 For David speaketh concerning him, I foresaw the Lord always before my face, for he is on my right hand, that I should not be moved:
Acts 2:26 Therefore did my heart rejoice, and my tongue was glad; moreover also my flesh shall rest in hope:
Acts 2:27 Because thou wilt not leave my soul in hell, neither wilt thou suffer thine Holy One to see corruption.
Acts 2:28 Thou hast made known to me the ways of life; thou shalt make me full of joy with thy countenance.
Acts 2:29 Men and brethren, let me freely speak unto you of the patriarch David, that he is both dead and buried, and his sepulchre is with us unto this day.
Acts 2:30 Therefore being a prophet, and knowing that God had sworn with an oath to him, that of the fruit of his loins, according to the flesh, he would raise up Christ to sit on his throne;
Acts 2:31 He seeing this before spake of the resurrection of Christ, that his soul was not left in hell, neither his flesh did see corruption.
Acts 2:32 This Jesus hath God raised up, whereof we all are witnesses.
Acts 2:33 Therefore being by the right hand of God exalted, and having received of the Father the promise of the Holy Ghost, he hath shed forth this, which ye now see and hear.
Acts 2:34 For David is not ascended into the heavens: but he saith himself, The LORD said unto my Lord, Sit thou on my right hand,
Acts 2:35 Until I make thy foes thy footstool.
Acts 2:36 Therefore let all the house of Israel know assuredly, that God hath made that same Jesus, whom ye have crucified, both Lord and Christ.

Notice, their reaction!

Acts 2:37 Now when they heard this, they were pricked in their heart, and said unto Peter and to the rest of the apostles, Men and brethren, what shall we do?

Peter told them what they must do for the remission of sins. They must repent (change their mind) about WHO Jesus Christ was and be identified (baptized) in water for the remission of sins,

Acts 2:38 Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost.

looking forward to the blotting out of their sins!

Acts 3:19 Repent ye therefore, and be converted, that your sins may be blotted out, when the times of refreshing shall come from the presence of the Lord.
Acts 3:20 And he shall send Jesus Christ, which before was preached unto you:
Acts 3:21 Whom the heaven must receive until the times of restitution of all things, which God hath spoken by the mouth of all his holy prophets since the world began.

That is NOT the good news by which we are saved! There's nothing there about Christ dying "for our sins" (1 Corinthians 15:1-4 KJV)!

The Holy Spirit is the power of God for salvation.
Paul writes that the gospel of Christ is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth. Don't change what saith the scripture!

Romans 1:16 For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ: for it is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth; to the Jew first, and also to the Greek.

Have you been baptized in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins?
Nope! There is but one baptism for us today and it is BY ONE SPIRIT! 1 Corinthians 12:13 For by one Spirit are we all baptized into one body, whether we be Jews or Gentiles, whether we be bond or free; and have been all made to drink into one Spirit.

When one trusts the Lord after hearing and believing the word of truth (1 Corinthians 15:1-4) they are baptized by one Spirit in to one Body (1 Corinthians 12:13).

It is a baptism (identification) into Christ's death,

Romans 6:3 Know ye not, that so many of us as were baptized into Jesus Christ were baptized into his death? 4 Therefore we are buried with him by baptism into death: that like as Christ was raised up from the dead by the glory of the Father, even so we also should walk in newness of life. 5 For if we have been planted together in the likeness of his death, we shall be also in the likeness of his resurrection:

It's a Spirit baptism into Christ,

Galatians 3:27 For as many of you as have been baptized into Christ have put on Christ.

It is the one baptism of Ephesians 4 that we are to endevour to keep.

Ephesians 4:1 I therefore, the prisoner of the Lord, beseech you that ye walk worthy of the vocation wherewith ye are called, 2 With all lowliness and meekness, with longsuffering, forbearing one another in love; 3 Endeavouring to keep the unity of the Spirit in the bond of peace. 4 There is one body, and one Spirit, even as ye are called in one hope of your calling; 5 One Lord, one faith, one baptism, 6 One God and Father of all, who is above all, and through all, and in you all.

And why would I need to be water baptized "for the remission of sins" when I've been forgiven all trespasses (Colossians 2:13 KJV)?

heir

TOL Subscriber
I believe regenerated souls WILL persevere and endure to the end, due to the preserving and protecting presence of the indwelling Holy Spirit.
We are not "regenerated" as we never had the HG to begin with. The washing of regeneration and renewing of the HG is the Lord's shed on us abundantly through Jesus Christ our Saviour/not ours, but His shed on us (Titus 3:4-7 KJV)! So simple and yet twisted by the religionist like yourself.

Those who had to endure to the end to be saved did so by DOING something including keeping the commandments, selling all, on and on. Is that what you say we must do to be saved?

Overcoming and enduring all things is not criteria to be met for salvation, but a promise from God of salvation.
Why would you deny what was and will be required for Israel? Their salvation was dependent upon them doing something by faith (James 2:18 KJV):

Repent, and believe the gospel (Mark 1:4 KJV) by baptism of repentance for the remission of sins (Mark 1:4 KJV, Mark 16:16 KJV, Acts 2:38 KJV), keep the commandments (John 14:15 KJV, Matthew 23:2-3 KJV, John 15:5-10 KJV), endure to the end to be saved (Matthew 10:22 KJV), go through the trial of their faith (1 Peter 1:7 KJV), receiving the end of their faith, even the salvation of their souls (1 Peter 1:9 KJV). That salvation is of the grace that "should" come unto them (Acts 15:11 KJV, 1 Peter 1:10 KJV) looking forward that their sins may be blotted out, when the times of refreshing shall come from the presence of the Lord (which is at what many refer to as the second coming of the Lord (Acts 3:19-21 KJV).

You do not get to spiritualize away clear commandments from the Lord to His people, Israel, past and future!

The word of Truth is the divine Logos; God Himself come in flesh like His brethren, whose name is Jesus Christ. John 1-14
You're wrong as usual. The word of truth is specific as preached by Paul as the gospel of your salvation (1 Corinthians 15:1-4 KJV, Ephesians 1:13-14 KJV). Why don't you believe it?