unfinished business

heir

TOL Subscriber
That you disassociate the 'ye' of v.11 from those before is baffling.
It shouldn't be. There was a mixed bag of people at Corinth: some who had been saved by Paul's gospel declared in verses 1-4, some of the church of God (1 Corinthians 1:2 KJV), some who believe not in the resurrection of the dead (1 Corinthians 15:12 KJV), and even one like Apollos knowing only the baptism of John (Acts 18:25 KJV). To include all at Corinth as believing Paul's gospel is ignorance on your part.

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
I don't! Why don't you ask people who insist Peter preached the gospel of Christ as the power of God when he didn't?

Yes. Neither of which preached that the gospel of God was salvation.Yes, What does this have to do with Peter?

Peter preached primarily to the Jews starting at Jerusalem. He said, "Repent and let every one of you be baptized in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins and you shall receive the gift of the Holy Spirit."

The Holy Spirit is the power of God for salvation. Peter's first sermon was about the power of God for salvation.

Have you been baptized in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins?

Sonnet

It shouldn't be. There was a mixed bag of people at Corinth: some who had been saved by Paul's gospel declared in verses 1-4, some of the church of God (1 Corinthians 1:2 KJV), some who believe not in the resurrection of the dead (1 Corinthians 15:12 KJV), and even one like Apollos knowing only the baptism of John (Acts 18:25 KJV). To include all at Corinth as believing Paul's gospel is ignorance on your part.

I didn't say all believed - v.2 allows for unbelievers. My point remains that the 'ye' of v.11 are those he speaks of in the previous verses and the 'this' (also v.11) is the gospel as outlined in v.3-8. That is totally clear from the text. I have no idea why you are quibbling about this.

Nang

TOL Subscriber
You said you must endure to the end to be saved. That is not saved now.

I believe regenerated souls WILL persevere and endure to the end, due to the preserving and protecting presence of the indwelling Holy Spirit.

Overcoming and enduring all things is not criteria to be met for salvation, but a promise from God of salvation.

He gives His children faith, holiness, conviction, protections, and great ASSURANCE.

What is the word of truth, the gospel of your salvation and why do you think you need to be "kept"?

The word of Truth is the divine Logos; God Himself come in flesh like His brethren, whose name is Jesus Christ. John 1-14

It was the will of God that I receive the right to be saved and called His child. John 1:12-13

It is His (Hebrew: "chesedh") determinate love for me that keeps me. Psalm 5:7; 13:5

Nang

TOL Subscriber
Scripture saith otherwise!

Holy Scripture is the one true Gospel of Jesus Christ. He is the Logos (Word) sent into the world for the redemption of sinners.

Your denials are very serious, blasphemous, and dangerous, and I give warnings of this to all who read your posts.

Crucible

BANNED
Banned
Holy Scripture is the one true Gospel of Jesus Christ. He is the Logos (Word) sent into the world for the redemption of sinners.

Your denials are very serious, blasphemous, and dangerous, and I give warnings of this to all who read your posts.

They are contemporary, new age heretics who have no understanding of orthodoxy- they are so far gone there's nothing you can do about it :rolleyes:

musterion

I didn't say all believed - v.2 allows for unbelievers. My point remains that the 'ye' of v.11 are those he speaks of in the previous verses and the 'this' (also v.11) is the gospel as outlined in v.3-8. That is totally clear from the text. I have no idea why you are quibbling about this.

Oh how TOL needs an Ironic POTY award. This one is a shoe in.

Crucible

BANNED
Banned
They are contemporary, new age heretics who have no understanding of orthodoxy- they are so far gone there's nothing you can do about it :rolleyes:
[MENTION=13925]Grosnick Marowbe[/MENTION] didn't like that statement so much. I found his soft spot after all, for his loud mouth :)

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame

BIG deal! Your warnings and a five dollar bill will get somebody a half way decent cup of coffee.

Nang

TOL Subscriber
BIG deal!

Yes, this is a real BIG deal!

Originally Posted by Nang

I say there is only one Gospel of Jesus Christ that has the power to save souls, and all the Apostles proclaimed it alike.

Heir replied:

"Scripture saith otherwise!"

By so saying . . .

Heir denies the Holy Scripture proclaims the Gospel.

Heir denies the Holy Scriptures are God's Word.

Heir denies God's Word assumed flesh as Jesus Christ.

Heir denies Jesus Christ proclaimed this Good News!

Heir denies all the Apostles proclaimed this Gospel!

And Heir denies much more than just these foundational truths . . .

My warning stands.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
Yes, this is a real BIG deal!

Heir replied:

"Scripture saith otherwise!"

By so saying . . .

Heir denies the Holy Scripture proclaims the Gospel.

Heir denies the Holy Scriptures are God's Word.

Heir denies God's Word assumed flesh as Jesus Christ.

Heir denies Jesus Christ proclaimed this Good News!

Heir denies all the Apostles proclaimed this Gospel!

And Heir denies much more than just these foundational truths . . .

My warning stands.

Your opinion is "DENIED!"