unfinished business

steko

LIFETIME MEMBER
So you say, but a deep study can be made investigating "Israel" referring to Jesus Christ and His spiritual offspring.

If you were interested in such study, that is . . .

I'm familiar with that line of thought.

Although there is justification for understanding the Lord Jesus Christ as representing Israel such as with Matthew's midrash in Mat 2:15, I find no justification in redefining the term Israel from its normal historical definition throughout the OT, which would include the four gospels.

Even if I were to grant, which I don't, that Paul refers to the BOC as 'the Israel of GOD' in Gal 6, there is still no justification to change the normal historical Biblical meaning of the term 'Israel'.

Mat_2:6 And thou Bethlehem, in the land of Juda, art not the least among the princes of Juda: for out of thee shall come a Governor, that shall rule my people Israel.
Mat_2:20 Saying, Arise, and take the young child and his mother, and go into the land of Israel: for they are dead which sought the young child's life.
Mat_2:21 And he arose, and took the young child and his mother, and came into the land of Israel.
Mat_8:10 When Jesus heard it, he marvelled, and said to them that followed, Verily I say unto you, I have not found so great faith, no, not in Israel.
Mat_9:33 And when the devil was cast out, the dumb spake: and the multitudes marvelled, saying, It was never so seen in Israel.
Mat_10:6 But go rather to the lost sheep of the house of Israel.
Mat_10:23 But when they persecute you in this city, flee ye into another: for verily I say unto you, Ye shall not have gone over the cities of Israel, till the Son of man be come.
Mat_15:24 But he answered and said, I am not sent but unto the lost sheep of the house of Israel.
Mat_15:31 Insomuch that the multitude wondered, when they saw the dumb to speak, the maimed to be whole, the lame to walk, and the blind to see: and they glorified the God of Israel.

In a simple sampling of the term used in Matthew, there is no reason to define 'Israel' in 15:24 any differently than in the other verses listed here.

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
:AMR: You don't know what you are talking about. And BTW, the wall of partition did not even exist until Acts 15! LOL

That's a description of the Body of Christ that existed at the time (although by description still left us out Colossians 3:11 KJV) and in the Body of Christ there is no nationality. There certainly was and will be nationality in a holy nation of priests (1 Peter 2:9 KJV)!
Not us (Ephesians 2:11-12 KJV)!

Sick.

Eph 2:13 But now in Christ Jesus ye who sometimes were far off are made nigh by the blood of Christ.
Eph 2:14 For he is our peace, who hath made both one, and hath broken down the middle wall of partition between us;
Eph 2:15 Having abolished in his flesh the enmity, even the law of commandments contained in ordinances; for to make in himself of twain one new man, so making peace;
Eph 2:16 And that he might reconcile both unto God in one body by the cross, having slain the enmity thereby:

LA

Interplanner

A deep study suggested by a reformer usually means they want to persuade you that the words on the page of the Bible don't mean what they actually say.

A deep study of Mt 24 suggested by a futurist D'ist usually means they want to persuade you that the words on the page don't really apply to the 1st century; that "actually" you have to jump X000 years to the future, which of course the disciples were dying to understand.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
A deep study of Mt 24 suggested by a futurist D'ist usually means they want to persuade you that the words on the page don't really apply to the 1st century; that "actually" you have to jump X000 years to the future, which of course the disciples were dying to understand.

A deep study of your skull may prove the non-existence of a brain.

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
While the Apostles walked the earth, they preached the Kingdom Gospel, as did Christ. It was ONLY preached to the lost sheep of the House of Israel. When Christ met Paul on the road to Damascus, Christ subsequently, gave the Grace Gospel to Paul in order for him to preach it to the Gentiles. Thus, Paul became The Apostle to the Gentiles.

So why did Jesus and the Twelve only preach to the lost sheep of Israel?

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
There were two Gospels being preached two thousand years ago. Now, there's one. Why? Because we're living in the Dispensation of Grace which was spoken of by Paul himself. You people really NEED to start reading/studying the writings of Paul. Romans through Philemon. There is where you'll find the Gospel for today.

Which of the two gospels will be preached in all the world as a witness to all the nations before the end of the age?