ECT Two different gospels? One for the circumcisions and another for the uncircumcision?

Cross Reference

Most certainly looking forward to the Messiah had its rewards, Acts 2:25-26 Their hope was the coming of the Messiah, the one who would be like Moses, the one who would bruise the head of the serpent. Genesis 3:15

As usual, where is your chapter and verse?

You assume you have learned and teach scripture, but rarely do you provided evidence, ie, scripture.

If you believe scripture is true, you might want to demonstrate that by supplying some once in a while.

Oh, by the way, until the price was paid, our redemption was only a promise, not a reality

Do you have a mortgage on your house? Quit paying the mortgage, then you will find out whose house it really is.

Until you pay off the very last cent, your are simply renting.

Those who know the scriptures don't require proof of the knowledge of them __ from a brother.

Levolor

from curiosity,,In Rev.14;6-7,an angel has an Gospel,"To be preached",,,

I don't see how you get this "To be preached". The angel is always preaching that one message so that if anyone is listening that person can be converted.

The everlasting gospel is being preached everlastingly.

And I saw another angel fly in the midst of heaven, having the everlasting gospel to preach unto them that dwell on the earth, and to every nation, and kindred, and tongue, and people,

7 Saying with a loud voice, Fear God, and give glory to him; for the hour of his judgment is come: and worship him that made heaven, and earth, and the sea, and the fountains of waters.

I underlined the part that says "to preach", and this is how it reads in four of the translations that I have checked. So, I don't get how you got what you wrote of "To be preached" with the addition of the word "be" and thereby changing the sentence's meaning?

john w

Hall of Fame
Since 11 of the original twelve chosen by Jesus the anointed did live in this age of grace that would include those 11..

You are asserting/assuming the reference is to "the 12," and "OT prophets."

Notice chronological order, in Paul's writings, "post" resurrection:" apostles, then prophets.

In "OT," order was prophets, then apostles.

"...I will send them prophets and apostles.." Luke 11:49 KJV

vs.

"And God hath set some in the church, first apostles, secondarily prophets," 1 Cor. 12:28 KJV

"apostles and prophets"

Apostles first in this dispensation, then prophets. Paul was first an apostle, then prophet.

Only one exception. Coincidence? No-the bible is a book of details. As such, I pay attention to details, unlike most others. That is why I am a humble legendary TOL member.

In the OT, the chronological order was prophets, then apostles, i.e., "the twelve."

john w

Hall of Fame
Madists insist there is more than one gospel...

LA

Yes-we insist that there is more than just one piece of good news in the bible, and know what the word "gospel" means.

You don't. Poor you. And we know the bad news about you, perverter.

Nang

TOL Subscriber
Yes-we insist that there is more than just one piece of good news in the bible, and know what the word "gospel" means.

You don't. Poor you. And we know the bad news about you, perverter.

What exactly DO you think the word "gospel" means?

Do you believe the Gospel Truth alone provides eternal life?

How many ways can sinners find eternal life?

Do you believe the Gospel Truth ever fails to provide eternal life?

When and how does the Gospel ever become non-salvific?

john w

Hall of Fame

You believe, like LALaw, that there is just one piece of good news in the book, cuz your church SOF told you so, and thus you honor your saint Judas, since he preached this "just one gospel" made up, satanic "doctrine" of yours.

I don't fall for your misdirection, change the subject technique, evil one, as I stay on topic, and I will continue to warn the babes/sheep, to stay clear of those big, bad wolf choppers, of yours.

Am I clear, wolfie-ette? Good.

Nimrod

Dispensationalism at it's core. 2 ways of salvation. They really love dividing the Bible. :kookoo:

The way I see it. It has to do with correction and sound doctrine.
They come to us with these ideas and we give them the Biblical evidence to the contrary that is rock solid. How do they handle it?
They can't. They won't listen to sound doctrine and they won't correct themselves. They are sheep following their leader blindly.

Then again. Non-Christians do not understand the Scriptures like the elect, nor are they able to.

SaulToPaul 2

2 ways of salvation.

:nono:

I'm MAD, and anyone who has ever been saved or ever will be saved has been saved by the shed blood of Jesus Christ.

Because God required men to believe different things at different times, different good news at different times, does not mean that they are not all saved by Christ's blood.

Cross Reference

:nono:

I'm MAD, and anyone who has ever been saved or ever will be saved has been saved by the shed blood of Jesus Christ.

Because God required men to believe different things at different times, different good news at different times, does not mean that they are not all saved by Christ's blood.

So you are Mad, which is what I thought all along.

What do you suppose it has bought you?

oatmeal

You are asserting/assuming the reference is to "the 12," and "OT prophets."

Notice chronological order, in Paul's writings, "post" resurrection:" apostles, then prophets.

In "OT," order was prophets, then apostles.

"...I will send them prophets and apostles.." Luke 11:49 KJV

vs.

"And God hath set some in the church, first apostles, secondarily prophets," 1 Cor. 12:28 KJV

"apostles and prophets"

Apostles first in this dispensation, then prophets. Paul was first an apostle, then prophet.

Only one exception. Coincidence? No-the bible is a book of details. As such, I pay attention to details, unlike most others. That is why I am a humble legendary TOL member.

In the OT, the chronological order was prophets, then apostles, i.e., "the twelve."

john,

I am glad you pay attention to details

yes, and how does that effect what I stated?

Jesus Christ chose 12 to be apostles.

Does that mean that they were only apostles?

Did Peter have the characteristics of an evangelist?

Did Peter exhibit the characteristics of a pastor? "Feed my sheep..."

How about a prophet?

Was Jesus Christ an apostle as well as a prophet? and a teacher?

Hebrews 3:1

Was Jesus, the anointed, an apostle first or a prophet first? Or did it depend on what God was showing Jesus Christ to do? John 5:30;12:49

1 Corinthians 4:9

For I think that God hath set forth us the apostles last, as it were appointed to death: for we are made a spectacle unto the world, and to angels, and to men.

The first shall be last and the last first

Last edited:

Jedidiah

...Did Peter and Paul have two different sets of truths?...
No, they had committed unto them two Gospels.
...Judeans would be familiar with the law of Moses

Gentiles would not be...
Until they were. Paul himself helped familiarize them with the law.
...Would there be one set of truths for Judeans and an entirely different set of truths, maybe even contradictory, for the Gentiles?

God forbid...
Not "truths" (Made Up) but Gospels.
...It was the differing backgrounds of those two groups of people that required two different approaches Gospels...
I think I more or less agree...
...Do you teach scripture to a five year old the same way you teach scripture on this website to a sixty year old who has been reading scripture for decades?...
Nope.
...There are places and times and truths that have to have a hard line to it, but were there two different gospels?

No, not at all...
Except in Galatians 2:7, and therefore, except in the Bible.
...There is but one gospel for this age of grace...
Prove that the Gospel of the Circumcised is no longer operable.
...kweshtuns? commints? snipe rimarks?

or for those who can spell English words:

Questions? Comments? Snide remarks?
:chuckle: