ECT Two different gospels? One for the circumcisions and another for the uncircumcision?

oatmeal

Differing circumstances may require different solutions

Samson slew a thousand Pharisees with the jawbone of an ***.

did David take out Goliath with the jawbone of an ***?

oatmeal

1 Corinthians 4:21

What will ye? shall I come unto you with a rod, or in love, and in the spirit of meekness?

DAN P

Galatians 1:1-2:21
Did Peter and Paul have two different sets of truths?

Was there two different sons of God that died for their sins?

Were there two different Gods?

Or was the approach different?

Judeans would be familiar with the law of Moses

Gentiles would not be

Would there be one set of truths for Judeans and an entirely different set of truths, maybe even contradictory, for the Gentiles?

God forbid.

It was the differing backgrounds of those two groups of people that required two different approaches

Is there a different lord Jesus for women than there are for men?

Or for wives vs. husbands?

Questions? Comments? Snide remarks?

Hi , and ask a serious question and no snide remarks !

Gal 3:28 says that in the Body of Christ , there are NEITHER Males nor Females as we " are " all in Christ Jesus .

In Gal 2:7 Paul preaches the Gospel of " the Uncircumcision " and this speaks about a SPECFIC Gospel , " the Uncircumcision " TO Gentiles !!

Peter's is to preach " the Circumcision " or to Jews !!

That makes it 2 Gospels , BUT in Gal 3:8 , a Gospel was preached to Abraham !

Then in Rev 14:6-7 the Gospel called the " everlasting Gospel " is preached , and is on the coming Judgment !

In verse 7 , it says " I have been entrusted " is in the Greek Perfect Tense and means since a Dispensation of the Grace of God was given to Paul , the Uncircumcision Gospel will be preached UNTIL the Fulness of the Gentiles be come in , Rom 11:25 !

dan p

oatmeal

Hi , and ask a serious question and no snide remarks !

Gal 3:28 says that in the Body of Christ , there are NEITHER Males nor Females as we " are " all in Christ Jesus .

In Gal 2:7 Paul preaches the Gospel of " the Uncircumcision " and this speaks about a SPECFIC Gospel , " the Uncircumcision " TO Gentiles !!

Peter's is to preach " the Circumcision " or to Jews !!

That makes it 2 Gospels , BUT in Gal 3:8 , a Gospel was preached to Abraham !

Then in Rev 14:6-7 the Gospel called the " everlasting Gospel " is preached , and is on the coming Judgment !

In verse 7 , it says " I have been entrusted " is in the Greek Perfect Tense and means since a Dispensation of the Grace of God was given to Paul , the Uncircumcision Gospel will be preached UNTIL the Fulness of the Gentiles be come in , Rom 11:25 !

dan p

Yes, therefore read my posts and see that I covered that

oatmeal

Abe is the father of the uncircumcision and the circumcision.

We can learn much by reviewing Genesis and seeing the origins of the gospel of circumcision and the gospel of uncircumcision.

It will become evident that they are not the same.

How many different Gods are there?

Does God have one set of truth that contradicts another set of truth?

Do you have a different Jesus than Peter did? or Paul did?

See

I Peter 5:5-11

Can anyone imagine that Paul would have a problem with Peter teaching that?

Paul would have completely agreed with God's words that Peter wrote.

Peter had no problem with Paul's teachings, Peter had to learn from Paul.

Even though Peter had been first to go to the Gentiles, Paul surpassed Peter in overcoming the prejudice against Gentiles, hence, Paul rebuking Peter in Galatians 2:11-14

Paul saw that they did not walk according to the truth of the gospel.

Whose gospel? Paul's gospel? Peter's gospel?

or

God's gospel?

I Corinthians 1:10-13

Now I beseech you, brethren, by the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, that ye all speak the same thing, and that there be no divisions among you; but that ye be perfectly joined together in the same mind and in the same judgment.

11 For it hath been declared unto me of you, my brethren, by them which are of the house of Chloe, that there are contentions among you.

12 Now this I say, that every one of you saith, I am of Paul; and I of Apollos; and I of Cephas; and I of Christ.

13 Is Christ divided? was Paul crucified for you? or were ye baptized in the name of Paul?

One gospel because there is one God and Father of us all

Ephesians 4:3-6

Endeavouring to keep the unity of the Spirit in the bond of peace.

4 There is one body, and one Spirit, even as ye are called in one hope of your calling;

5 One Lord, one faith, one baptism,

6 One God and Father of all, who is above all, and through all, and in you all.

SaulToPaul 2

How many different Gods are there?

Does God have one set of truth that contradicts another set of truth?

Do you have a different Jesus than Peter did? or Paul did?

One God.
Peter and Paul trusted the same Lord Jesus.

Can you eat pork? Does God's word contradict?

oatmeal

It is logical that Peter in teaching the Judeans would start from the law to have common ground with the Judeans

But Paul, in teaching the Gentiles, would not have that advantage of such deep commonality, he would have to approach the Gentiles differently

But that does not make two different gospels, it simply means two different approaches to the same end

John 14:6

Now I beseech you, brethren, by the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, that ye all speak the same thing, and that there be no divisions among you; but that ye be perfectly joined together in the same mind and in the same judgment.

11 For it hath been declared unto me of you, my brethren, by them which are of the house of Chloe, that there are contentions among you.

12 Now this I say, that every one of you saith, I am of Paul; and I of Apollos; and I of Cephas; and I of Christ.

13 Is Christ divided? was Paul crucified for you? or were ye baptized in the name of Paul?

oatmeal

I Corinthians 1:22-24

For the Jews require a sign, and the Greeks seek after wisdom:

23 But we preach Christ crucified, unto the Jews a stumblingblock, and unto the Greeks foolishness;

24 But unto them which are called, both Jews and Greeks, Christ the power of God, and the wisdom of God.

I Corinthians 3:1-11

And I, brethren, could not speak unto you as unto spiritual, but as unto carnal, even as unto babes in Christ.

2 I have fed you with milk, and not with meat: for hitherto ye were not able to bear it, neither yet now are ye able.

3 For ye are yet carnal: for whereas there is among you envying, and strife, and divisions, are ye not carnal, and walk as men?

4 For while one saith, I am of Paul; and another, I am of Apollos; are ye not carnal?

5 Who then is Paul, and who is Apollos, but ministers by whom ye believed, even as the Lord gave to every man?

6 I have planted, Apollos watered; but God gave the increase.

7 So then neither is he that planteth any thing, neither he that watereth; but God that giveth the increase.

8 Now he that planteth and he that watereth are one: and every man shall receive his own reward according to his own labour.

9 For we are labourers together with God: ye are God's husbandry, ye are God's building.

10 According to the grace of God which is given unto me, as a wise masterbuilder, I have laid the foundation, and another buildeth thereon. But let every man take heed how he buildeth thereupon.

11 For other foundation can no man lay than that is laid, which is Jesus Christ.

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Where do you live?

Where do I live?

Not relevant, and you know it. Paul traveled. The Jews were told to go to all the earth. You know this. You are misdirecting. The only reason to do it is to deceive and pull people from the faith. Let you be accursed you pig.

You said:

But contrariwise, when they saw that the gospel of the uncircumcision was committed unto me, as the gospel of the circumcision was unto Peter

Paul went to the Jew first, then the Greek. Peter was sent to all the earth in Matthew 28. Paul's declaration can not be to whom they minister, but what they minister.

oatmeal

:up:

I wonder if oatmeal has reviewed Genesis yet, Abram in uncircumcision, Abraham in circumcision.

You have much to learn

23 But we preach Christ crucified, unto the Jews a stumblingblock, and unto the Greeks foolishness;

24 But unto them which are called, both Jews and Greeks, Christ the power of God, and the wisdom of God.

And I, brethren, could not speak unto you as unto spiritual, but as unto carnal, even as unto babes in Christ.

2 I have fed you with milk, and not with meat: for hitherto ye were not able to bear it, neither yet now are ye able.

3 For ye are yet carnal: for whereas there is among you envying, and strife, and divisions, are ye not carnal, and walk as men?

4 For while one saith, I am of Paul; and another, I am of Apollos; are ye not carnal?

5 Who then is Paul, and who is Apollos, but ministers by whom ye believed, even as the Lord gave to every man?

7 So then neither is he that planteth any thing, neither he that watereth; but God that giveth the increase.

8 Now he that planteth and he that watereth are one: and every man shall receive his own reward according to his own labour.

9 For we are labourers together with God: ye are God's husbandry, ye are God's building.

10 According to the grace of God which is given unto me, as a wise masterbuilder, I have laid the foundation, and another buildeth thereon. But let every man take heed how he buildeth thereupon.

11 For other foundation can no man lay than that is laid, which is Jesus Christ.

Cross Reference

You have much to learn

<Yawn> What has any of that to do with Abraham and how he was on both sides of the issue dealing with circumcision?

oatmeal

Same letter,

1 Corinthians 11:1 Be ye followers of me, even as I also am of Christ.

That is correct

He did not say, you circumcision follow Peter, as for the rest of you guys, you Gentiles, you follow me.

It is Paul that the gospel of grace was committed to even as the law was committed to Moses.

DAN P

I marvel that ye are so soon removed from him that called you into the grace of Christ unto another gospel:

7 Which is not another; but there be some that trouble you, and would pervert the gospel of Christ.

8 But though we, or an angel from heaven, preach any other gospel unto you than that which we have preached unto you, let him be accursed.

9 As we said before, so say I now again, if any man preach any other gospel unto you than that ye have received, let him be accursed.

10 For do I now persuade men, or God? or do I seek to please men? for if I yet pleased men, I should not be the servant of Christ.

11 But I certify you, brethren, that the gospel which was preached of me is not after man.

12 For I neither received it of man, neither was I taught it, but by the revelation of Jesus Christ.

23 But they had heard only, That he which persecuted us in times past now preacheth the faith which once he destroyed.

24 And they glorified God in me.

But contrariwise, when they saw that the gospel of the uncircumcision was committed unto me, as the gospel of the circumcision was unto Peter;

8 (For he that wrought effectually in Peter to the apostleship of the circumcision, the same was mighty in me toward the Gentiles:)

9 And when James, Cephas, and John, who seemed to be pillars, perceived the grace that was given unto me, they gave to me and Barnabas the right hands of fellowship; that we should go unto the heathen, and they unto the circumcision.

Gentiles would not be

Would there be one set of truths for Judeans and an entirely different set of truths, maybe even contradictory, for the Gentiles?

God forbid.

It was the differing backgrounds of those two groups of people that required two different approaches

Do you teach scripture to a five year old the same way you teach scripture on this website to a sixty year old who has been reading scripture for decades?

For that matter, would you teach the same truths? Some overlap would be there, but there are truths that the five year old would not yet be able to comprehend.

There are places and times and truths that have to have a hard line to it, but were there two different gospels?

No, not at all.

There is but one gospel for this age of grace

kweshtuns? commints? snipe rimarks?

or for those who can spell English words:

Hi and in the Body of Christ , there are no Husbands or wifes as Gal 3:28 reveals as there are NEITHER Male nor Female !!

Gal 2:7 shows 2 Gospels , BUT it does not call " THE CIRCUMCISION " a Gospel in the Greek Text .

Paul's is called the Gospel of " the Un-circumcision " for the Gentiles !

Peter's is called " the Circumcision " for Jews only !!

The Greek article " the " separates the two and makes them SPECIFIC to a certain Gospel .

Gal 3:8 the Gospel was given to Abram , and NOT to Abraham , as the Greek yext has it !

Then in Rev 14:6-7 we have a Judgment Gospel , called the " everlasting Gospel !!

At this point we have 4 Gospels !!

dan p

DAN P

I marvel that ye are so soon removed from him that called you into the grace of Christ unto another gospel:

7 Which is not another; but there be some that trouble you, and would pervert the gospel of Christ.

8 But though we, or an angel from heaven, preach any other gospel unto you than that which we have preached unto you, let him be accursed.

9 As we said before, so say I now again, if any man preach any other gospel unto you than that ye have received, let him be accursed.

10 For do I now persuade men, or God? or do I seek to please men? for if I yet pleased men, I should not be the servant of Christ.

11 But I certify you, brethren, that the gospel which was preached of me is not after man.

12 For I neither received it of man, neither was I taught it, but by the revelation of Jesus Christ.

23 But they had heard only, That he which persecuted us in times past now preacheth the faith which once he destroyed.

But contrariwise, when they saw that the gospel of the uncircumcision was committed unto me, as the gospel of the circumcision was unto Peter;

8 (For he that wrought effectually in Peter to the apostleship of the circumcision, the same was mighty in me toward the Gentiles:)

9 And when James, Cephas, and John, who seemed to be pillars, perceived the grace that was given unto me, they gave to me and Barnabas the right hands of fellowship; that we should go unto the heathen, and they unto the circumcision.

Gentiles would not be

God forbid.

Do you teach scripture to a five year old the same way you teach scripture on this website to a sixty year old who has been reading scripture for decades?

For that matter, would you teach the same truths? Some overlap would be there, but there are truths that the five year old would not yet be able to comprehend.

There are places and times and truths that have to have a hard line to it, but were there two different gospels?

No, not at all.

Hi and in the Body of Christ , there are no Husbands or wifes as Gal 3:28 reveals as there are NEITHER Male nor Female !!

Gal 2:7 shows 2 Gospels , BUT it does not call " THE CIRCUMCISION " a Gospel in the Greek Text .

The Greek article " the " separates the two and makes them SPECIFIC to a certain Gospel .

Gal 3:8 the Gospel was given to Abram , and NOT to Abraham , as the Greek yext has it !

Then in Rev 14:6-7 we have a Judgment Gospel , called the " everlasting Gospel !!

At this point we have 4 Gospels !!

dan p

DAN P

Gentiles would not be

God forbid.

No, not at all.

At this point we have 4 Gospels !!:bang::bang:

dan p