Trump: The Good, The Bad and The Ugly

Status
Not open for further replies.

annabenedetti

like marbles on glass
There was no popular vote.
You can't "win" an election you didn't have.

There is a popular vote, that's why they count it.

I see this as my children's future.
How many trillions in debt are you comfortable saddling your kids with?

So you voted "just to see what happens." I guess I'm glad for you you're happy with the way things are going, but you don't speak for many millions of other Americans. You have no idea how much debt we'll be in by the time Trump leaves office.

What's in plain sight?

You're too busy dancing to see.

intojoy

BANNED
Banned
Trump: The Good, The Bad and The Ugly

I noticed that no one has of yet started a thread about President Trump :noid:

If you are a Trump supporter
What has Trump done that you think is just great?
Bombed Syria and Afcrapistan

What would it take for you to change your mind about Trump being a good president?
Antisemitism

If you are not a Trump supporter
What has he done that you despise?
What would it take for you to support him?​

On either side, what could he do or fail to do that would make you change your mind about him?

I am hoping those on either side of the divide will go on record now, early in his presidency, to suggest things that could be done to sway your opinion and what has established your opinion thus far.

Trump done that you think is just great?
Bombed Syria and Afcrapistan

What would it take for you to change your mind about Trump being a good pres
Antisemitism

Sent from my iPhone using TOL

annabenedetti

like marbles on glass
I am thinking ... no. Long before 2020 arrives, those three states will be kicking themselves while chanting "fool me once, shame on you ..."

Unless of course impeachment comes first OR the all out battle between his equally maniacal clone who reigns over N. Korea.

2018 races, hopefully. :) Assuming the world is still intact at that point...

Ktoyou

Hall of Fame
My #1 complaint at the moment is probably his environmental actions. He's doing everything he can to remove protections that were put into place and bring jobs back into a dying coal industry. It's not forward thinking.

I have to admit you are right on this. What this reflects is the desire to keep the big oil companies profitable, so they make money for all who own a share.

No, the coal industry is not coming back, it is a way to have working people willing to side with those who hold shares in the energy industry.

The world is trying to move off fossil fuels. Trump is staying behind by focusing on saving coal. There are more factors at play than the regulations that Trump is removing. Even some people in the industry are skeptical that coal jobs will come streaming back.

Trump can attempt to remove regulations but what is he going to do about the natural gas competition?

I know Trump needs to try to help them for political reasons since they are part of his base, but he might not end up having much of an effect and we need to move toward renewable sources anyway. I'm glad to see that the rest of the world is continuing on despite Trump's actions.

You are right here too. Natural gas producers are also part of the energy status quo, Southern Company, Duke Energy, Dominion Resources, ect...

kmoney

Hall of Fame
Ask the poor people in America how happy they are about the rising cost of energy.

More importantly, ask the people in developing countries how happy they are about moving away from fossil fuels. It keeps them mired in poverty and disease. Don't tell me the world is moving away from fossil fuels. The elites and the suckers that follow them are moving away.....the people who have no voice and no real information are not on board.

Sent from my XT1254 using TheologyOnline mobile app
I'm not going to say that the path to renewable energy won't have some pain. But there are larger forces at work. I'm not looking at just the immediate energy costs.

Also, in some situations renewable energy is cheaper. There is a town in Texas that went to renewable energy. Why? It's cheaper for them. I believe they are an exception to the rule right now but it's also not true that renewable energy will always be more expensive. We should be spending resources to make it more widespread and cheaper so more towns can do that, not keep going down the fossil fuel road because right now it's cheaper.

WizardofOz

RIP Trump's Wall
Donald Trump's wall on the U.S.-Mexico border, the signature issue of his presidential campaign, can safely be moved now from the "nearly dead" category to the just-plain-dead file.​

Entire article

That's the only conclusion to be drawn from the Washington Post's report on the new Republican bidding on the funding bill for the remainder of the current fiscal year, which won't include anything for the wall. But it's not just that. Instead of the wall -- which would have drawn a filibuster from Senate Democrats, at least eight of whom are needed to pass the bill to keep the government open -- Republicans will be including money for "new surveillance technology to patrol the nearly 2,000-mile border" as well as "to repair existing fencing."

That's the total giveaway, especially the latter bit. It's true that this bill only covers through September, and Trump and the Republicans could certainly still push for wall funding for fiscal year 2018. But if the wall is the answer to border security, then why would new technology be necessary? And even more to the point: If a big, beautiful wall measuring as high as 55 feet is on its way, then why would anyone bother appropriating money to repair old rickety fences?

ok doser

lifeguard at the cement pond
:idea: I know!

he should create a "President Donald Trump Award For Awesomeness Greater Than Those Goofy Dopes In Sweden Could Ever Recognize" and award it to himself! :banana:

Status
Not open for further replies.