Trump: The Good, The Bad and The Ugly

Status
Not open for further replies.

WizardofOz

I noticed that no one has of yet started a thread about President Trump :noid:

If you are a Trump supporter
What has Trump done that you think is just great?
What would it take for you to change your mind about Trump being a good president?

If you are not a Trump supporter
What has he done that you despise?
What would it take for you to support him?​

On either side, what could he do or fail to do that would make you change your mind about him?

I am hoping those on either side of the divide will go on record now, early in his presidency, to suggest things that could be done to sway your opinion and what has established your opinion thus far.

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
I noticed that no one has of yet started a thread about President Trump :noid:

If you are a Trump supporter
What has Trump done that you think is just great?
What would it take for you to change your mind about Trump being a good president?

What would it take for you to support him?​

On either side, what could he do or fail to do that would make you change your mind about him?

I am hoping those on either side of the divide will go on record now, early in his presidency, to suggest things that could be done to sway your opinion and what has established your opinion thus far.
President Trump is the best ever !!! President Trump can do no wrong !!!

WizardofOz

What, if anything, should be done about Syria? Do you support or oppose what Trump has done thus far?
What, if anything, should be done about North Korea?

Do you support the dropping of the M.O.A.B bomb in Afghanistan?

There are issues that Trump has noticeably shifted from as president as opposed to what he said during his campaign.
1. Is NATO obsolete?
2. Is China a currency manipulator?
3. Should he support the U.S. Export-Import Bank?
4. What should our relationship with Russia look like?
5. Is our military in shambles?
6. Should Janet Yellen be nominated to second term as fed chair?
7. What should be done with Obamacare and what should replace it?
8. What's up with the border wall? It Mexico paying for it?
9. Is Trump going to deport more illegal immigrants than Obama?
10. Does torture work?
11. Should Hilary be "locked up"?

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
What has he done or what could be do that makes or would make him the best ever?

Be specific.
He is keeping all his promises, it's not even 100 days yet. He is draining the swamp, raising the stock market to record numbers and bringing new jobs to America. He appointed a great SC Judge. Tax cuts and healthcare are coming soon, as well as infrastructure plan and the WALL. He has taken back America's military strength and gotten worldwide support. Not even 100 days

kmoney

Hall of Fame
What would it take for you to support him?[/center]
My #1 complaint at the moment is probably his environmental actions. He's doing everything he can to remove protections that were put into place and bring jobs back into a dying coal industry. It's not forward thinking. 2nd place might be his attempted immigration bans. I didn't like most of the people he nominated for his cabinet.

I don't know what it would take for me to become his supporter. Probably nothing that has any likelihood of happening. Some of the items you list below help, like his softening stance toward NATO and China. And I could have a better view of him if he would just act like someone who belongs in that office. For example, he recently commented on and defended Bill O'Reilly. Why is the President getting involved in the sexual harassment allegations of a Fox News guy? Does he have any idea if Bill is innocent or not?? :idunno:

On Syria, I mostly like him taking a hard stance against the use of chemical weapons but I have concerns about the underlying motivation. Launching strikes based on an emotional reaction without a clear vision and plan isn't good. What will he do going forward?

I don't know what to say about NK. They scare me more than anyone right now because they might be crazy enough to actually nuke us or someone else. I don't want to provoke them to do anything rash.

ClimateSanity

My #1 complaint at the moment is probably his environmental actions. He's doing everything he can to remove protections that were put into place and bring jobs back into a dying coal industry. It's not forward thinking.

There is plenty of coal on this planet. It provides cheap energy. Starving the nation from cheap energy drives up energy prices. That slows down economic growth. How is that forward thinking?

Sent from my XT1254 using TheologyOnline mobile app

drbrumley

What, if anything, should be done about Syria? Do you support or oppose what Trump has done thus far?

There are issues that Trump has noticeably shifted from as president as opposed to what he said during his campaign.
1. Is NATO obsolete?
10. Does torture work?

Hmmm, I see this hasn't even been addressed yet....telling.....

drbrumley

1. Is NATO obsolete?
10. Does torture work?

Just off the top of my head,

1. NATO is relevant now.

2.China isn't a currency manipulator.

4. Dog gone it, my bombing proves I'm no Putin stooge

3. I'm fine with the export/import bank

5. The military is in shambles even though we spend more than all countries combined.

6. Janet Yellen is my hero

7. Trumpcare baby!!!

8. Still working on Mexico paying the bill....hasn't been successful thusfar

9. I'm working on that too

10. Torture is great, even said so in the campaign

11. Hillary is my friend, why should I lock her up?

Status
Not open for further replies.