Trump: The Good, The Bad and The Ugly

Status
Not open for further replies.

annabenedetti

like marbles on glass
The dog that yelps is the dog what got bit.

And... you fell for it. :chuckle:

I have lil' Annie on Perm-Ignore. All I have to say at her is...

s73MI6X.gif

exminister

I think you're both right, in that some knew and voted anyway (particularly his alt-right base) - but then there were plenty who saw Hillary as the bigger threat and they thought they were choosing the lesser of two evils, and that Trump would "fix" everything and "drain the swamp."

I remember before the election when the husband of a very good friend of mine stood in his living room in front of me where I was sitting on the couch and practically shouted at me that I had to vote for Trump in order to save the country from Clinton. This man is a good man, kind-hearted, generous, intelligent, ex-military, exemplary civil service career. There's not a bad bone in his body, but there was no way in hell he was going to let Clinton win. And yes - he believed everything that was served up to him by the right-wing media including all the conspiracy crap. How someone with his education could believe the stuff he believes, I have no idea.
So he voted for Trump, and his wife my dear friend voted for Trump, and most of my family voted for Trump.... :sigh:

Yes I agree Rusha made a very valid point. My optimism about people carried me a bit too far.

Is your friend's husband still happy with 45? Any wavering in your family?

exminister

Deck chairs rearranged

President Trump ousted White House chief of staff Reince Priebus and replaced him with Homeland Security Secretary John F. Kelly on Friday, a major shake-up designed to bring order and military precision to a West Wing beset for six straight months by chaos, infighting and few tangible accomplishments.

With his legislative agenda largely stalled, Trump became convinced that Priebus was a “weak” leader after being lobbied intensely by rival advisers to remove the establishment Republican fixture who has long had friction with some of Trump's inner-circle loyalists, according to White House officials.

Kelly's hiring is expected to usher in potentially sweeping structural changes to the turbulent operation and perhaps the departures of some remaining Priebus allies. Kelly intends to bring some semblance of traditional discipline to the West Wing, where warring advisers have been able to circumvent the chief of staff and report directly to the president and sidestep the policy process, according to people with knowledge of his plans.

Trump has been talking privately about replacing Priebus with Kelly for several weeks now, though he is an unconventional pick to run the White House considering he has no political or legislative experience.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...s-521pm:homepage/story&utm_term=.cd00d8fd0d87

annabenedetti

like marbles on glass
Yes I agree Rusha made a very valid point. My optimism about people carried me a bit too far.

Yes, she did. You did too.

Don't ever lose that optimism.

Is your friend's husband still happy with 45? Any wavering in your family?

I don't know. We haven't talked about Trump since the election, and I've made a point of not bringing it up in the family, mostly to avoid opening a can of worms. No one follows politics like I do and they don't really know half (maybe less than that, maybe .25 or .10) of what's going on. It's just background noise to them, they did their job in November and went on with their lives. I'm pretty much an outlier, except for two that I can think of out of a very large extended family.

jgarden

BANNED
Banned
Trump: The Good, The Bad and The Ugly

:angrymob::angrymob::angrymob::angrymob::angrymob::angrymob::angrymob::angrymob:

The appointment of Anthony Scaramucci as White House Communications Director followed by General Kelly as White House Chief-of-Staff can only guarantee more internal dysfunction!

Instead of having the courage of dismissing Priebus face=to=face, "The Donald" had Scaramucci do his "dirty work" and then dispense with a loyal supporter as so much dirty laundry!

As a 4 star Marine General, John Kelly will demand a strict disciplined chain of command - something Trump, Kushner, Bannon and Scaramucci have been unwilling to accept.

Having one chief-of-staff unceremoniously dumped after just 6 months might be explained away = but if Kelly isn't there at this time next year, nobody with any integrity would want the job!

:angrymob::angrymob::angrymob::angrymob::angrymob::angrymob::angrymob::angrymob:

Last edited:

rexlunae

The appointment of Anthony Scaramucci as White House Communications Director followed by General Kelly as White House Chief-of-Staff can only guarantee more internal dysfunction!

I have a theory about him. He clearly has no sincere love for Trump. And he doesn't need the job. And there's no reason to believe be is motivated by a public service ethic. So why would he take such a job? My theory is that he is in it for the chance to liquidate his company tax-free. I'm not sure what Donald is getting from it, but I'd be he's in it for the tax break, which could be quite substantial.

Status
Not open for further replies.