Trump: The Good, The Bad and The Ugly

Status
Not open for further replies.

annabenedetti

like marbles on glass
None of us deserve it even those who voted for him. Some people heard only what they wanted to hear and because Trump has been on every side of every issue it was easy to fall for the snake oil salesman.

Everybody will be covered he said but now he is raking over the coals(with no real bump in jobs) anyone who doesn't vote for a bill which he essentially has called "mean" and it certainly doesn't cover everyone by a long shot.
He said he knew all the best people - and then we got his cabinet swamp and people who knew nothing.
He said he knew all the best words and then the **ugh** Jamboree.

To paraphrase Churchill

If you find yourself in hell keep going.

Do you really believe that when people heard his nasty rhetoric, along with his racism and support of white nationalism as well as his long history of being a sexual predator/deviant and corrupt business man that they believed he had the best of intentions for the United States? I don't. Perhaps there were frustrated people who threw their hands in the air and thought "he couldn't be any worse", however, most applauded his suggestions of violence and turned a blind eye to morally corrupt behavior. There is a reason why people such as David Duke and Steve Bannon support Trump. They see a kindred spirit.

Trump didn't run to make America great again ... but rather as a way to seek revenge against Obama. He is a mentally deranged person and the biggest threat currently facing our *once* great nation.

I think you're both right, in that some knew and voted anyway (particularly his alt-right base) - but then there were plenty who saw Hillary as the bigger threat and they thought they were choosing the lesser of two evils, and that Trump would "fix" everything and "drain the swamp."

I remember before the election when the husband of a very good friend of mine stood in his living room in front of me where I was sitting on the couch and practically shouted at me that I had to vote for Trump in order to save the country from Clinton. This man is a good man, kind-hearted, generous, intelligent, ex-military, exemplary civil service career. There's not a bad bone in his body, but there was no way in hell he was going to let Clinton win. And yes - he believed everything that was served up to him by the right-wing media including all the conspiracy crap. How someone with his education could believe the stuff he believes, I have no idea.
So he voted for Trump, and his wife my dear friend voted for Trump, and most of my family voted for Trump.... :sigh:

Last edited:

glorydaz

There's such a circus parading through the White House it's easy to lose track, but I'm sure the various investigations are moving along in spite of the sideshows.

Right....forget about Obama's White House....5 Chief of Staffs, wasn't it?

Oh, and Eric Holder getting kicked out? :chuckle:

At least some investigations are getting started on them now.

jgarden

BANNED
Banned
McCain is an idiot

McCain refused to accept a "special" deal from the North Vietnamese to be sent him home from the "Hanoi Hilton" because his father was a prominent member of the military!

"The Donald" took advantage of a series of academic and medical (heel spurs) deferments so he could make money!

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
McCain refused to accept a "special" deal from the North Vietnamese to be sent him home from the "Hanoi Hilton" because his father was a prominent member of the military!

"The Donald" took advantage of a series of academic and medical (heel spurs) deferments so he could make money!
He got caught. I like guys that didn't get caught :rotfl:

jgarden

BANNED
Banned
BBBMKh9.img

Apparently Trump didn't know the difference between Medicare and Medicaid!

drbrumley

Breaking: Senate Passes Russia, Iran, North Korea Sanctions Bill, 98-2!
Daniel McAdams

Minutes ago the US Senate passed HR 3364, the Countering America’s Adversaries Through Sanctions Act by a massive 98 yeas to two nays. Opposing the bill were Sens. Bernie Sanders (I-VT) and Rand Paul (R-KY). The bill passed in the House by 419-3 on Tuesday, with Reps Massie (R-KY), Amash (R-MI), and Duncan (R-TN) opposing.
The new sanctions bill ties President Trump’s hands on foreign policy, as he will be forced to ask Congress for permission to ease the measures.
Speaking in favor of the legislation, Sen. Bob Menendez (R-NJ) cited the need to send Russia a message that it cannot meddle in US elections, that it cannot annex Crimea, that it cannot invade Ukraine, and that it cannot indiscriminately kill women and children in Syria.
Those of us living in the actual real world recognize that the first count remains unproven and the remaining counts are simply fatuous, fact-free bluster by Washington’s uninformed, group-thinking, foreign policy elites. Fueled by the millions coming in to the military-industrial complex.
The House and Senate passed “Countering America’s Adversaries Through Sanctions Act” now goes to President Trump’s desk, where he faces a damned if he does and damned if he doesn’t scenario. A veto would certainly be over-ridden, handing the president a bitter bi-partisan blow that would likely end whatever aspirations he may retain to keep his campaign promises to get along better with Russia. Similarly, signing the bill signs a death warrant for any foreign policy different than the one served up by the neocons for decades: create enemies; push war propaganda; collect massive checks from military industrial complex; demonize any American refusing to go along; repeat, adding bombs as necessary.
Checkmate, President Trump.

drbrumley

Trump’s Lack of Savvy and Commitment Weigh Him Down
Michael S. Rozeff

Trump loses. We lose. America loses. The “system” would have produced the same result had the other candidate won and had other Republicans won the nomination. Trump has shown time and again that, beyond his capacity to win the election, he lacks several things. He lacks political savvy when it comes to measures that he cannot handle unilaterally, that is, when he must deal with opposing interests and people. This is shown every day. It is shown by his failures to have planned out appointments of people to fulfill his agenda, instead surrounding himself with people who are against him and also filling posts with incompetents. Furthermore, he doesn’t have a line of information into his antagonists and doesn’t know how to put them in their place and outflank them. He acted as if Washington were a business he was leading, but it’s not. He’s swimming in shark-infested waters.
The second failing is that he lacks commitments based on sensible priorities, or has no well-defined priorities. If he had really wanted to alter the U.S. policy toward Russia, he should have started doing that on day one and used the political powers of his office; and that failure ties in with his lack of political savvy. In fact, he would have had to handle his campaign speeches in a different way to spell out priorities and then hit the ground running.
His third failing is that he has gross misconceptions, like his attitude toward Iran as compared with Saudi Arabia, and his misreading of foreign leaders.
What we have here in important respects is amateur hour. Clearly Trump has been unable to influence the legislative agenda and his own party members.
However, for all that, among all his bad decisions like increasing the military budget, Trump has clearly had the steel to withdraw from the Paris Agreement, to close down the CIA operation in Syria, to reach an agreement with Putin over some aspects of Syria, and to ban transgender persons in the military. He has attacked major media when it needed to be attacked. These are not moves that required him to deal with Congress.
Trump’s presidency continues to unfold. He has shown some tendency to circle back to issues he believes in. He is not going to throw in the towel just yet because of losing some battles. He has shown some resilience and some healthy anger. He has to translate his strengths into workable leverage and mitigate his weaknesses. Nobody’s perfect, and, although his political experience is slight, he is not any less capable than the sordid and dishonorable Lilliputians of hypocrisy and hate who’d like to terminate his presidency now.

annabenedetti

like marbles on glass
Apparently Reince Priebus was one of the few Trump campaign insiders who didn't sign a non-disclosure agreement. :think:

drbrumley

Who Paid for the ‘Trump Dossier’?
Democrats don’t want you to find out—and that ought to be a scandal of its own.

Status
Not open for further replies.