Trump: The Good, The Bad and The Ugly

Status
Not open for further replies.

rexlunae

I can empathize with all of you and I don't blame you for latching onto this charade. You deserve something to feel excited about, I feel gluttonous for enjoying Trump's Presidency so much. It will only be that much harder on you when the "investigation" concludes with Trump intact. We all know the corrupt administration was Obama and Clinton, that's a given.

"We're all caught in a tragedy?" What's the "tragedy"? The tides don't rise and fall on my comfort? What a stunner.

So far there's still NADA on collusion or corruption from Trump or his administration. So have a blast while it lasts, rex.

Many Trump officials covered up Flynn's behavior as it came to light. Now, they are trying to portray him as an Obama administration official. They know they're in trouble, and that's why they spin.

This Charming Manc

I'm on record saying if he is convicted of an actual crime I wouldn't support him.

Without wanting to get into you guys bad and mines good kinda debate are sure that bars not too low for the man you want running your country?

I want more than 'not a convicted criminal' to be the standard for someone I back.

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
Rex has been a moderating influence on Trump. It would be bad if he does resign or Trump does give him the boot.
Yeah, after I posted that I saw Rex in front of the press and they started grilling him about being replaced. I felt sorry for him, he looked stressed out.

annabenedetti

like marbles on glass
Agree - to 'try' to make a point. For me the point is this: We often do better than the people we'd quote or use for caricature AND the message is often lost and we are paled by anything extreme from another, we may post.

I don't think you made the point you thought you were making.

I don't know if I complained out loud.

If you said anything like this, you were complaining out loud:

If anything, Obama opened those floodgates of lust, gluttony, sue-happy self-indulgence and unlike the Christian community, the democrats participated and celebrated. Sorry. It was a sad 8 years.

You're blaming Obama for age-old lust, gluttony and self-indulgence? He "opened the floodgates?"

When did you rewrite Genesis and change Adam's name to Obama?

And why would you say that Christians aren't guilty of same?

Please don't say that's not what you said, because that's exactly what you said.

The Barbarian

BANNED
Banned
Rex has been a moderating influence on Trump. It would be bad if he does resign or Trump does give him the boot.

I think Tillerson is beginning to realize that you can't impose sanity from the outside. He doesn't need the job, he's not very good at it, and he's come to realize that his boss is a "moron."

How long would you stay in a job, under those conditions?

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
I was reading a devotional today and the author wrote something that had me thinking of the president.

"The man who is made obtuse by sin will say he is not conscious of sin."

I think that described the president's remarks about not being conscious of seeking forgiveness or needing to. He framed sin as mistakes that he could clean up himself. That's missing the mark on the nature and origin of sin. It frames and clarifies a lot of his rhetoric and action.

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
I was reading a devotional today and the author wrote something that had me thinking of the president.

I think that described the president's remarks about not being conscious of seeking forgiveness or needing to. He framed sin as mistakes that he could clean up himself. That's missing the mark on the nature and origin of sin. It frames and clarifies a lot of his rhetoric and action.
Because most Christians know the "nature" and origin of sin and therefore don't miss the mark. It's so "framing" and "clarifying" since he's the only one in politics that employs "rhetoric".

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
Because most Christians know the "nature" and origin of sin and therefore don't miss the mark.
There's missing or failing, and willfully aiming. He appears to indulge the latter without much remorse or a need to ask for forgiveness. I hope that's not most Christians.

It's so "framing" and "clarifying" since he's the only one in politics that employs "rhetoric".
Not something I claimed, but it does seem to fit the disconnect he evidenced talking about forgiveness and makes sense of his crude comments about women, and the remark about trying to become sexually involved with a married woman. That sort of thing.

Lon

I don't think you made the point you thought you were making.
Bummer :Z

If you said anything like this, you were complaining out loud
More commentary than complaint.

You're blaming Obama for age-old lust, gluttony and self-indulgence? He "opened the floodgates?"
I forget, most of you don't live near Seattle... I'm a bit closer to the floodgates where it isn't just on TV.

When did you rewrite Genesis and change Adam's name to Obama?
Good point. I won't argue against that.

And why would you say that Christians aren't guilty of same?
The caricature had the picture of trump AND Christians bowing down to those vices as if that is why any Christian voted for him.

Please don't say that's not what you said, because that's exactly what you said.
:confused:

SabathMoon

BANNED
Banned
I think Tillerson is beginning to realize that you can't impose sanity from the outside. He doesn't need the job, he's not very good at it, and he's come to realize that his boss is a "moron."

How long would you stay in a job, under those conditions?
Here is the secretary of capitalism being secretary of state. He may not be necessary, but he will outlast Trump.

jgarden

BANNED
Banned

If we claim we have not sinned, we make him out to be a liar and his word is not in us.
- 1 John 1:10

Despite widespread support by conservative Christians, how do they reconcile their beliefs with a narcissist who fails to see the need for God's forgiveness from sin?

:angrymob::angrymob::angrymob::angrymob::angrymob::angrymob::angrymob::angrymob:

Characteristics of Narcissism
********************************************************************************
- an obvious self-focus in interpersonal exchanges
- problems in sustaining satisfying relationships
- a lack of psychological awareness (see insight in psychology and psychiatry, egosyntonic)
- difficulty with empathy
- problems distinguishing the self from others (see personal boundaries)
- hypersensitivity to any insults or imagined insults (see criticism and narcissists, narcissistic rage and narcissistic injury)
- vulnerability to shame rather than guilt
- haughty body language
- flattery towards people who admire and affirm them (narcissistic supply)
- detesting those who do not admire them (narcissistic abuse)
- using other people without considering the cost of doing so
- pretending to be more important than they actually are
- bragging (subtly but persistently) and exaggerating their achievements
- claiming to be an "expert" at many things
Inability to view the world from the perspective of other people
- denial of remorse and gratitude

:angrymob::angrymob::angrymob::angrymob::angrymob::angrymob::angrymob::angrymob:

Last edited:

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame

If we claim we have not sinned, we make him out to be a liar and his word is not in us.
- 1 John 1:10

Despite widespread support by conservative Christians, how do they reconcile their beliefs with a narcissist who fails to see the need for God's forgiveness from sin?

Characteristics of Narcissism
********************************************************************************
- an obvious self-focus in interpersonal exchanges
- problems in sustaining satisfying relationships
- a lack of psychological awareness (see insight in psychology and psychiatry, egosyntonic)
- difficulty with empathy
- problems distinguishing the self from others (see personal boundaries)
- hypersensitivity to any insults or imagined insults (see criticism and narcissists, narcissistic rage and narcissistic injury)
- vulnerability to shame rather than guilt
- haughty body language
- flattery towards people who admire and affirm them (narcissistic supply)
- detesting those who do not admire them (narcissistic abuse)
- using other people without considering the cost of doing so
- pretending to be more important than they actually are
- bragging (subtly but persistently) and exaggerating their achievements
- claiming to be an "expert" at many things
Inability to view the world from the perspective of other people
- denial of remorse and gratitude

Its no secret that narcissists makes the best leaders and businessmen - i doubt you ll find many who disagree that hes a narcissist.

You look like you're walking off the lemming cliff with your other liberal buddies though in your united hatred of the man.

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
Its no secret that narcissists makes the best leaders and businessmen - i doubt you ll find many who disagree that hes a narcissist.
Is Warren Buffet a narcissist? :think: I know a lot of rich people. I've traveled in larger circles among them as a child and young man. Most of them weren't narcissists. It's narcissists who get the most publicity because they seek it and have the means to make sure you know who they are. I think you find more narcissists in second or third generation on among the rich than in the general population, because they grow up with the entitlement that can blind and form you that way. By the third it's much harder for anyone to have a grounding, given no one in the loop has a living memory of having to really earn anything and their perspective on what that means begins at a different place. Earning and working take on a different understanding by that point and they'll sometimes confuse a common human experience, like employing regular Joes or eating fast food, with understanding what is really an alien concept outside of their experience. But they have no real appreciation of the one thing that alters a human perspective fundamentally, the feeling of real vulnerability.

You look like you're walking off the lemming cliff with your other liberal buddies though in your united hatred of the man.
This is the other mistaken narrative of the far right, that you have to a) be a liberal, or b) hate Trump to oppose him and note the deficiencies that are glaringly obvious to so many Americans. Many in his own party share the opinion of moderates and liberals when it comes to the president.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.