Trump: The Good, The Bad and The Ugly

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nihilo

BANNED
Banned
I imagine there is an army of prominent men who are sweating about now.
If there are more, then I hope so; they deserve it, and they deserve what they get if and when they do get it.
It looks like a case of "nobody thought it was that big a deal back then." But it was a big deal for most of these women.
At least in retrospect. I've bemoaned lax sexual morals for decades in this country, in this world. It's age-old of course, with men and women both scorning good sexual morals on a regular basis.
I do worry that complaints of less serious harassment might cause a reaction that reverses the change we've seen lately.
I don't see that happening. I applaud all this coming to light. Even a leer or an ogle is not coming from a place of moral purity, even though it is not a crime. I'm not arguing that it should be a crime to leer or to ogle, but it is immoral.
While asking a subordinate to "twirl" is out of line
And outrageously so.
, it is an entirely different thing than fondling 14-YO girls,grabbing a woman's breasts
To me, these fall somewhere along the rape spectrum.
, or sexually assaulting women
Of course.
by grabbing them by the genitals.
When they don't "let you," which implies consent.
I hope no one thinks that the former is the equivalent of more serious abuse.
People who believe or who are led to believe that their careers will improve through submitting to pressure, are qualitatively different from people who are applying pressure just because they think they can. These latter are predators.

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
It's like the boy who cried wolf, I'm so immune to the giddy bloodthirsty Trump haters and the media cult by now it doesn't register. It's fun to watch though.

annabenedetti

like marbles on glass
Meanwhile, the feckless GOP senate is attempting to ram through a bill they haven't seen.

CNN: Senators are about to vote on a bill they haven't seen
Senate Republicans finally have enough votes to pass their tax plan. However, no one has actually seen the text of the bill. Republicans have been re-negotiating items in the bill, and things have been changing on a minute-by-minute basis.

annabenedetti

like marbles on glass
Claire McCaskillVerified account @clairecmc
@clairecmc​
This is so bad. We have just gotten list of amendments to be included in bill NOT from our R colleagues, but from lobbyists downtown. None of us have seen this list, but lobbyists have it. Need I say more? Disgusting. And we probably will not even be given time to read them.

DP_AW6jWkAER1S-.jpg:large

But she'll vote for it anyway?

kmoney

Hall of Fame
Report: KT McFarland is the transition official that told Flynn to "talk" with the Russian ambassador. Which is his job anyway. These Nothing Burgers must getting hard to choke down. :rotfl:

http://talkingpointsmemo.com/muckraker/federal-prosecutors-explain-what-mike-flynn-plea-deal-means

The explosive news that ousted national security advisor Michael Flynn pleaded guilty to lying to the FBI about his contacts with Russian officials was delivered in a brief, tidy package: a one-and-a-half-page document laying out the single count against him.

Former federal prosecutors told TPM that Special Counsel Robert Mueller made a calculated move to keep Flynn’s charge limited, and that, given what is known about Flynn’s myriad inappropriate foreign dealings, they wouldn’t have done so unless the former intelligence official had divulged some very juicy secrets.

jgarden

BANNED
Banned
tillertoon02.jpg

It's like the boy who cried wolf, I'm so immune to the giddy bloodthirsty Trump haters and the media cult by now it doesn't register. It's fun to watch though.

Heaven forbid that "The Donald" be held accountable for his words and actions!

In those immortal words of this President's own Secretary of State - the President is a "MORON!"

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
File this under ongoing ancillary damage.

In a recent Fox interview the following exchange occurred.

FOX NEWS HOST TO @tedcruz: You cool working with alleged child molester Roy Moore if he's elected?

CRUZ: Sure, no problem, that's up to the voters.

FOX NEWS HOST: And what about alleged groper Al Franken?

CRUZ: Now that's a very serious problem. I'm extremely concerned.

:plain:

Lon

He had something useful to add to the discussion. It's too bad you tuned him out, while offering your own version of the same cartoon message directed at him, only you used words. Why, if you find his gaze uncomfortable, do you return the same? He's not thinking carelessly, he had something to say, although most here won't hear it.
Agree - to 'try' to make a point. For me the point is this: We often do better than the people we'd quote or use for caricature AND the message is often lost and we are paled by anything extreme from another, we may post.

It's interesting though, how the Trump supporters here bemoan the unified rejection of him that' out there and growing stronger, while they conveniently forget that this is what they were busy doing to Obama and Obama's supporters for eight years.
I don't know if I complained out loud. I read and generally prayed about things I felt were harmful to our nation. If it unifies us at all, I'm still doing that. I didn't vote for Trump. I did like a few things Obama did. I like a few more of what Trump is doing. Everything? No, I've never had that president, though Reagan was close.

The Barbarian

BANNED
Banned
File this under ongoing ancillary damage.

In a recent Fox interview the following exchange occurred.

FOX NEWS HOST TO @tedcruz: You cool working with alleged child molester Roy Moore if he's elected?

CRUZ: Sure, no problem, that's up to the voters.

FOX NEWS HOST: And what about alleged groper Al Franken?

CRUZ: Now that's a very serious problem. I'm extremely concerned.

:plain:

Well, it is Ted Cruz. And he also grew up in the south. So he may have a different scale of the relative evil of those two things.

rexlunae

I'm sure the "testimony" of a criminal guilty of LYING to the FBI is trustworthy. Who can believe anything Flynn says? That's why prosecutors don't use murderers to "testify" against shoplifters.

Mueller still has nothing, his witch hunt is wrapping up. All Trump knows is that Flynn lied to the FBI.

:rotfl:

Pat, you are entirely too much. Sure. Why not? It's probably Obama's fault, too.

rexlunae

That's fine Pat. The tides don't rise and fall on your comfort. But you might want to go back and review some of the early predictions made by some of those supposedly bloodthirsty Trump-haters.

The truth is, we're all caught in a tragedy. No one loves to see a corrupt administration. The difference is only who figured it out when. Many of us figured out what Trump is last year, and having accepted that, all signs that it may end sooner than planned or better than first feared are exciting.

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
That's fine Pat. The tides don't rise and fall on your comfort. But you might want to go back and review some of the early predictions made by some of those supposedly bloodthirsty Trump-haters.

The truth is, we're all caught in a tragedy. No one loves to see a corrupt administration. The difference is only who figured it out when. Many of us figured out what Trump is last year, and having accepted that, all signs that it may end sooner than planned or better than first feared are exciting.
I can empathize with all of you and I don't blame you for latching onto this charade. You deserve something to feel excited about, I feel gluttonous for enjoying Trump's Presidency so much. It will only be that much harder on you when the "investigation" concludes with Trump intact. We all know the corrupt administration was Obama and Clinton, that's a given.

"We're all caught in a tragedy?" What's the "tragedy"? The tides don't rise and fall on my comfort? What a stunner.

So far there's still NADA on collusion or corruption from Trump or his administration. So have a blast while it lasts, rex.

The Barbarian

BANNED
Banned
On Friday morning, Michael Flynn pleaded guilty to lying to the F.B.I. while serving as President Trump’s national security adviser. Making a false statement to a federal official is a felony offense, but nowhere near as bad as what the special counsel, Robert Mueller, could likely have charged Mr. Flynn with, including charges for possible violations of the Foreign Agents Registration Act (similar to those brought against the former Trump campaign chairman Paul Manafort and his deputy Rick Gates) or those stemming from a possible attempt to kidnap a Turkish cleric in Pennsylvania. By pleading guilty and agreeing to cooperate with Mr. Mueller, Mr. Flynn also appears to have averted prosecution of his son, who was reportedly implicated in some of the misconduct.

Prosecutors generally offer favorable plea bargains like this one only when the cooperating defendant can provide evidence that incriminates someone “up the ladder” — someone more senior than the defendant himself. In our experience, that is particularly true when the prosecutor is deciding not to pursue other, readily provable charges, like those that seem to exist here.

Lest there be any doubt about what is happening, the statement of the offense filed along with Mr. Flynn’s plea shows that he is prepared to testify that the communications that he lied about, concerning conversations with the Russian ambassador in December 2016, were discussed with multiple members of the transition team — including one “senior official” and one “very senior member.” It is not yet clear who those individuals are, but transition officials and members included Jared Kushner and Donald Trump Jr. as well as Vice President Mike Pence, Representative Devin Nunes of California; the former White House chief strategist Steve Bannon, and Treasury Secretary Steven Mnuchin.

It is probably Mr. Kushner who is in greatest jeopardy now. Bloomberg has reported that he is the very senior transition member who directed Mr. Flynn to reach out to Russia. Mr. Kushner has already been questioned by the special counsel and by Congress. If he was one of those officials Mr. Flynn spoke to and he was not honest about it when questioned, he could face similar false statement charges.

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/12/01/...lick&contentCollection=Opinion&pgtype=article

User Name

Greatest poster ever
Banned

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
Status
Not open for further replies.