Trump: The Good, The Bad and The Ugly

Status
Not open for further replies.

intojoy

BANNED
Banned
united-states-gdp.png

Is Trump also going to take all the credit for 2010-2016?

Fake news

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

rexlunae

A Breitbart commenter has this to say about the recent indictments:

" It's not illegal to talk to Russians. It's not even illegal for Russians to be involved in the campaign. It's not against the law.

I see we've made the leap from denying collusion to justifying it. Just want to underscore that shift right there.

And yes, it's not illegal to talk to Russians. It is, however, illegal to participate in a conspiracy to subvert an election by illegal hacking and stealing emails. Anyone involved can be charged with a crime under the Computer Fraud and Abuse Act and various conspiracy statutes. In addition, anyone who worked for the government while secretly also on the payroll of a foreign government (Michael Flynn, say) could be guilty of offenses under the Foreign Agents Registration Act, or even espionage. And, of course, any details of any of this that anyone lied about or failed to disclose where required on official forms, when talking to the FBI, or when testifying to Congress is an avenue of potential legal trouble, even if the underlying conduct was legal.

The Mueller "investigation" is illegal because no crime was ever cited as the reason for the investigation.It's a fishing expedition, which is inappropriate under the rules of special prosecution. Our government is not supposed to conduct witch hunts looking for a crime, any crime."

You don't need to articulate a specific crime in order to hold an investigation. If you did, we'd never charge anyone with any crimes, because part of the preliminary investigation is determining if a crime has occurred. It's true that if you're going to bring charges against an individual, you need to show probable cause that a crime was committed by a suspect to a grand jury. This process is called "indictment", and it's what happened last week to two Trump campaign officials. In order to bring an indictment, you have to have specific crimes to place in front of the grand jury, and a reasonable theory that the defendant is guilty of them. The fact that an indictment exists means we've cleared that hurdle.

Last edited:

WizardofOz

The Mueller "investigation" is illegal because no crime was ever cited as the reason for the investigation.It's a fishing expedition, which is inappropriate under the rules of special prosecution. Our government is not supposed to conduct witch hunts looking for a crime, any crime."

I agree wholeheartedly

You don't think Manafort and Gates broke the law? You don't think they should be prosecuted if they did?

jgarden

BANNED
Banned
united-states-gdp.png

184090_600.jpg

Fake news

Given the fact that the Republicans have failed to enact significant legislation of any kind in 2017, the "fake news" is that Trump has had a significant impact on the American economy, one way or another!

Last edited:

intojoy

BANNED
Banned
united-states-gdp.png

Given the fact that the Republicans have failed to enact significant legislation of any kind in 2017, the "fake news" is that Trump has had a significant impact on the American economy, one way or another!

Hehehee “I’m lovin it”

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

rexlunae

He cooperated "proactively," which some prosecutors are reading as being wired. If that's the case, Papadopoulos could be a lot more interesting than a mere "coffee boy."

Which bring us to another likely future topic of possible indictment, Jeff Sessions:

https://www.salon.com/2017/10/31/je...rouble-after-george-papadopoulos-guilty-plea/

Seems our cooperating witness claims that he offered Trump officials Russia's help in meeting, where he was photographed with Trump and Sessions. Sessions and Trump have both claimed to have no knowledge of such collaboration with Russia, but Sessions made the claim under oath testifying to Congress for his confirmation.

I don't know what anyone else calls it, but that looks like perjury by the sitting attorney general.

annabenedetti

like marbles on glass
Which bring us to another likely future topic of possible indictment, Jeff Sessions:

https://www.salon.com/2017/10/31/je...rouble-after-george-papadopoulos-guilty-plea/

Seems our cooperating witness claims that he offered Trump officials Russia's help in meeting, where he was photographed with Trump and Sessions. Sessions and Trump have both claimed to have no knowledge of such collaboration with Russia, but Sessions made the claim under oath testifying to Congress for his confirmation.

I don't know what anyone else calls it, but that looks like perjury by the sitting attorney general.

The pathetic sitting lapdog...

Yeah, it seems to me that Mueller knows exactly what he's doing and how he wants to do it and he's going about the business of getting it done. Which, of course, has sent the alt-right into meltdown, with Hannity so enraged he called Hillary "President Clinton" ... :chuckle:

rexlunae

The pathetic sitting lapdog...

Yeah, it seems to me that Mueller knows exactly what he's doing and how he wants to do it and he's going about the business of getting it done. Which, of course, has sent the alt-right into meltdown, with Hannity so enraged he called Hillary "President Clinton" ... :chuckle:

It's amazing how fast they spun up this Uranium One story.

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
The left needs something to feel good about, they've been down in the dumps for so long. So a couple indictments lifts the spirits of the defeated. After a year of investigation this is all they have and hope abounds for them. When they listen to their favorite sources they feel more optimistic of a portion of the country that can attempt to subvert a fair election and remove a sitting President simply because they don't like the results of the election. The reality is no crimes by Trump can be found and never will be.

rexlunae

The left needs something to feel good about, they've been down in the dumps for so long. So a couple indictments lifts the spirits of the defeated. After a year of investigation this is all they have and hope abounds for them. When they listen to their favorite sources they feel more optimistic of a portion of the country that can attempt to subvert a fair election and remove a sitting President simply because they don't like the results of the election. The reality is no crimes by Trump can be found and never will be.

Pat, we've been right about this all along, and you've been consistently wrong. The record speaks for itself.

drbrumley

:liberals:
Whose job is it?

Do you think Manafort and Gates broke the law? Do you think they should be prosecuted if they did?

There is this thing, very seldom used, called jury nullification.....I hope they use it.

The government is crying they didn't get their money....

Status
Not open for further replies.