Trump: The Good, The Bad and The Ugly

Status
Not open for further replies.

WizardofOz

I need to apologize to @drbrumley and @WizardofOz and [MENTION=4651]kmoney[/MENTION] for more recent comments and several others for demeaning them and name calling. I don't like myself when I do that and I'm working on it.

Thank you. I appreciate you saying so, even if we :box: again in the future. I never try to make anything personal.

I'm aware that not every Trump hater is a liberal or a leftist

I was an Obama hater before I was a Trump hater.

however, the constant barrage of demeaning and greatly exaggerated criticisms of Trump from the left can't go unchallenged.

I agree that the media exaggerates and berates beyond the pale when it comes to Trump. I try to be as objective as I can. I'll give credit where it's due.

I am also against the bulk of what the democratic party is trying to accomplish and their obstructionism is shameful.

You're a step ahead of me. I have no idea what they're trying to accomplish :idunno:

I agree with and support everything Trump has done so far, but not everything he says necessarily. If Trump is guilty of a crime conspiring or colluding with an enemy power beyond a reasonable doubt, I will not support him.

:cheers: Thanks, PJ

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
You were talking? All I saw was comments from Pop about Trump
You have selective amnesia. When I said "I was talking about..." it didn't immediately follow the Popovich quote. It came after:

It was all over the place. Google the first line and you'll have your choice of The Nation, Bleacher, Rolling Stone, Deadspin, The Washington post, etc.

I saw it live. Poor word choices
Yes, when you say things that aren't true and people can catch you doing it, that would certainly qualify as a poor choice of words. :plain:

I'll try to post the video from the Rose Garden today. It seems like a gross overreaction by the left again
Popovich is a representative of the left now? :eek:

ignoring the rest of the speech and accomplishments discussed.
Mussolini made the trains run on time, but all anyone wants to talk about is his friends.

He thought he heard that other Presidents wrote letters and didn't make calls. He made a mistake to be sure. Your excerpt from the coach is quite scathing but it's only the opinion of a man that probably didn't vote for Trump.
It's funny how people in your position try that. It's just an opinion. It's an indictment. And it has factual weight behind it. So, some opinions are also supported by reason and/or fact, making them a bit more worthwhile than the hand wave you're attempting.

During an impromptu Rose Garden press conference on Monday, President Trump appeared to criticize his predecessors for not calling the families of soldiers who had died on their watch.
In the same way he "appeared" to be speaking English.

The rest is typical pass the buck and blame Trump. Some unnamed other "told" him. It's not his fault. The "facts" were handed to him. He's not responsible. :nono: The king of fake facts gets caught up to his elbows in attempting to peddle fake news.

Your topic?
Right. My quote of Popovich, which you decided to respond to and which I then answered before you forgot the exchange, apparently. :plain: Maybe the above will help you.

You didn't say anything.
Sure I did. Supra.

The collective damage? Here's another thing I know, you're convinced that America does not like Trump when it's only the group that you identify with.
His unpopularity rating is remarkable. Your denial is less so.

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
It looks like the REAL Russian collusion was in the Obama/Clinton administration going back years. Very interesting read. Now all you Trump collusion theorists take care to avoid this, simply ignore it [MENTION=7147]jgarden[/MENTION]

http://nypost.com/2017/10/17/team-obamas-stunning-coverup-of-russian-crimes/

There’s more: Until September 2013, the FBI director was Robert Mueller — who’s now the special counsel probing Russian meddling in the 2016 election. It’s hard to see how he can be trusted in that job unless he explains what he knew about this Obama-era cover-up.

rexlunae

It looks like the REAL Russian collusion was in the Obama/Clinton administration going back years. Very interesting read. Now all you Trump collusion theorists take care to avoid this, simply ignore it [MENTION=7147]jgarden[/MENTION]

http://nypost.com/2017/10/17/team-obamas-stunning-coverup-of-russian-crimes/

There’s more: Until September 2013, the FBI director was Robert Mueller — who’s now the special counsel probing Russian meddling in the 2016 election. It’s hard to see how he can be trusted in that job unless he explains what he knew about this Obama-era cover-up.

Maybe....Barrack Obama and Hillary Clinton conspired with Putin to get Donny Dumbo elected...yeah, that's it.

You understand that there's nothing that says only one candidate for President can be guilty of crimes, right? So far, there's nothing especially close to implicating Clinton herself. Add it to the investigation. See if there's anything there.

SabathMoon

BANNED
Banned
I believe a large portion of the DNC information systems were hacked by Russian immigrants. I think to claim Trump as the grand architect is naïve and sour grapes.

Perhaps I am an optimist, but I have a hard time believing Trump will the republican nominee again.

Danoh

I'm blessed with the ability to see both sides of the coin and the exciting thing is that most Trump supporters are as well. The Trump haters seem blinded to reality and either force themselves to disregard the truth or they don't have the capacity and wherewithal to understand. They rely on sound bites and Fake News clips and any biased article they stumble across for their opinions. You are being told what think and you don't even see it. It's amazing and shocking how far off the deep end the left has gone.

If anything, you are one of the blindest individuals blind to your obvious blindness I have observed on TOL from day one.

Whoops, I'm describing the sun to someone born blind.

Well, that went nowhere real fast...

:chuckle:

Nevertheless, willing blind man, Romans 5:8 towards ya.

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
If anything, you are one of the blindest individuals blind to your obvious blindness I have observed on TOL from day one.

Whoops, I'm describing the sun to someone born blind.

Well, that went nowhere real fast...

:chuckle:

Nevertheless, willing blind man, Romans 5:8 towards ya.
You were a canker from the day you showed up and your bitterness has come to the surface many times. Since Trump was elected you've gone off the deep end like so many lefties. :chuckle:

Nevertheless, Matthew 7:5

Last edited:

glorydaz

You were a canker from the day you showed up and your bitterness has come to the surface many times. Since Trump was elected you've gone off the deep end like so many lefties. :chuckle:

Nevertheless, Matthew 7:5

Yep, I can remember well my first interaction with Danny boy. He decided to school me on how to handle God's UNtruth. He was going to show me how it should be done. :chuckle:

glorydaz

I'm blessed with the ability to see both sides of the coin and the exciting thing is that most Trump supporters are as well. The Trump haters seem blinded to reality and either force themselves to disregard the truth or they don't have the capacity and wherewithal to understand. They rely on sound bites and Fake News clips and any biased article they stumble across for their opinions. You are being told what think and you don't even see it. It's amazing and shocking how far off the deep end the left has gone.

Yep, you nailed it. :thumb:

kmoney

Hall of Fame
I need to apologize to @drbrumley and @WizardofOz and [MENTION=4651]kmoney[/MENTION] for more recent comments and several others for demeaning them and name calling. I don't like myself when I do that and I'm working on it. I'm aware that not every Trump hater is a liberal or a leftist, however, the constant barrage of demeaning and greatly exaggerated criticisms of Trump from the left can't go unchallenged. I am also against the bulk of what the democratic party is trying to accomplish and their obstructionism is shameful.

I agree with and support everything Trump has done so far, but not everything he says necessarily. If Trump is guilty of a crime conspiring or colluding with an enemy power beyond a reasonable doubt, I will not support him.

Thanks pj. No harm, no foul. :cheers:

I think the criticism against Trump is mostly fair but I think I'd say that the news puts almost all their focus on it instead of covering other things. For instance, I think Trump has mishandled this affair with slain soldiers but it's probably gotten more attention in the media than it deserves.

A lot of what we see in Trump is similar to what we'd see in any Republican administration, especially one following a Democratic president. But the way Trump goes about things sets him apart and makes him exceedingly distasteful.

intojoy

BANNED
Banned
I need to apologize to @drbrumley and @WizardofOz and [MENTION=4651]kmoney[/MENTION] for more recent comments and several others for demeaning them and name calling. I don't like myself when I do that and I'm working on it. I'm aware that not every Trump hater is a liberal or a leftist, however, the constant barrage of demeaning and greatly exaggerated criticisms of Trump from the left can't go unchallenged. I am also against the bulk of what the democratic party is trying to accomplish and their obstructionism is shameful.

Weak suck

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

intojoy

BANNED
Banned
Got hold of my first refugee today in Barcelona. He wanted to sell me some cheap drugs. Ended up sharing the gospel with him. Blacks from around the world sure need help.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

kmoney

Hall of Fame
If the Republicans were totally honest, then they would have to admit that only the top quintile, relative to net worth should vote for them.

The problem with democrats today is that only the bottom two quintiles should vote for them.

So, they do all else to get a majority.

We need a new third party.

I'd love to see some viable third parties but our current system is always going to push people into two parties. It's too risky voting for third-parties because then it's more likely the worse side will win.

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
I'd love to see some viable third parties but our current system is always going to push people into two parties. It's too risky voting for third-parties because then it's more likely the worse side will win.
I saw your "main reason" for being against Trump is saving the planet? The environment? Are you worried about the little children having a ruined planet in a hundred years?

drbrumley

How about no parties?

Status
Not open for further replies.