Trump Has A Mandate

Status
Not open for further replies.

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
I think you all dumbing it down to that is part of what's wrong with you, quite simply. You have it in your minds that if a person has a quarrel with feminism or sees a conflict of interest directed at men, then they must just hate women
No, he's got this one right. It's not your issue with feminism, it's a litany of dismissive, derogatory comments aimed at women stemming from your mistaken notion of the largely victimized male.

- as if to insinuate that women are perfect and men are the one's that are problematic.
See, that never was the option or the reason for objecting to you. Women, like men, are simply human beings, flawed and wonderful by turn.

So, how is this conclusion wrong when I say that you all are simply held in bondage by feminist bias?
It's a grotesquely flawed conclusion rooted in an equally distorted and assumptive premise.

Crucible

BANNED
Banned
No, he's got this one right. It's not your issue with feminism, it's a litany of dismissive, derogatory comments aimed at women stemming from your mistaken notion of the largely victimized male.

Throwing nonsense on top of nonsense doesn't make yall's case :chuckle:

The first time I spoke on feminism here, your narrative took off like a bird in a hurricane. You all are trained to be derogatory toward anyone who has a qualm with feminism, it's that simple hombre.

There is a conflict of interest that men are on the bad end of, and you refuse to acknowledge it. Even on the subject with the homeless, you somehow tried to see yourself as right by arguing that only 75% of men were on the street verses 95%

Do you see the insanity in that? I do, and it's one big ugly blotch on society's bias.

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
Throwing nonsense on top of nonsense doesn't make yall's case
I'd be happy to quote you doing it, or people could just head over to The Wrap in Quixote's. They won't have to go through many back issues to read you unloading actual, hostile nonsense on women and anyone who doesn't buy into your warped fantasy in relation.

The first time I spoke on feminism here, your narrative took off like a bird in a hurricane. You all are trained to be derogatory toward anyone who has a qualm with feminism, it's that simple hombre.
Your thinking/Pavlovian response is simple...and mistaken.

There is a conflict of interest that men are on the bad end of, and you refuse to acknowledge it. Even on the subject with the homeless, you somehow tried to see yourself as right by arguing that only 75% of men were on the street verses 95%
Distorted, as ever. Quote me.

I gave you actual statistics. You kept trying to narrow the focus so that you could paint men in the role of the victim--though any serious examination of poverty (as with domestic violence) demonstrates ably enough that women are largely worse off than their bitter half (well, as represented by you).

Do you see the insanity in that?
I've read you often enough to.

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
Throwing nonsense on top of nonsense doesn't make yall's case
I'd be happy to quote you doing it, or people could just head over to The Wrap in Quixote's. They won't have to go through many back issues to read you unloading actual, hostile nonsense on women and anyone who doesn't buy into your warped fantasy in relation.

Your thinking/Pavlovian response is simple...and mistaken.

Distorted, as ever. Quote me.

I gave you actual statistics. You kept trying to narrow the focus so that you could paint men in the role of the victim--though any serious examination of poverty (as with domestic violence) demonstrates ably enough that women are largely worse off than their bitter half (well, as represented by you).

Do you see the insanity in that?
I've read you often enough to.

Crucible

BANNED
Banned

The Wrap is a lot like the liberal news- it takes one part of a whole and stomps away.

..taking one part of a whole and stomping away :rolleyes:

There are over 500 women specific shelters that never fill to capacity, while other shelters fill with men to a point where they are shacking up in the hallways.

Your statistics can say whatever they want, being homeless for a night is not poverty. Having quotas, guaranteed benefits, and alimony is not oppression- there are so many fail safes and safeguards for women that if they aren't utilizing them it's because they would rather be on the street prostituting or creeping their way into men's homes.

And by that, you manage to call those women victims as well- it's all self perpetuated madness. It's madness that if a woman wants her husband out of the house, the police will try to make up something that will suffice for him being thrown out of his own home. It's madness that you are concerned with women being payed less for the same work (a lie) and don't care about the fact that women do less time for the same crime (a fact).

I can go on and on, but you have the word 'misogyny' to patch up wherever you can't insert an excuse. It's really just wasted on you all.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
You and those others are just a bunch of paranoid revisionists, is all. Catholicism is an abstract that the Protestants didn't do away with, it's simply the application of a universal covenant.

Anyone with a degree in theology can tell you that- the way you all go about the very word 'catholic' is indicative of your arbitrary biases.

:chuckle:

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
The Wrap is a lot like the liberal news- it takes one part of a whole and stomps away.
Nah. It's like a digest of the more interesting bits of things I run into during conversations, largely. Sometimes it's a serious of funny bit I simply read someone else write. And it always contains direct links to the source material, an invitation/encouragement for people to read the larger arguments and look around threads they might have missed.

..taking one part of a whole and stomping away :rolleyes:
If by that you mean to diminish a simpler truth by a warped description: when you make untenable claims I set out the why. When you distort a thing or create "facts" not in evidence, I note it.

There are over 500 women specific shelters that never fill to capacity, while other shelters fill with men to a point where they are shacking up in the hallways.
Citation to source. It's an interesting figure if there's any truth to it.

Your statistics can say whatever they want
Facts don't "want" to say a thing, they simply relate a truth. If that truth bothers you then it's time to examine why.

being homeless for a night is not poverty.
Man will that be a terrific counter for anyone who says otherwise...whoever they may be.

Having quotas, guaranteed benefits, and alimony is not oppression-
That's a convoluted mess. What quotas? Which benefits? How does alimony figure in and do you understand the circumstances where alimony typically is awarded? That sort of thing.

there are so many fail safes and safeguards for women that if they aren't utilizing them it's because they would rather be on the street prostituting or creeping their way into men's homes.
Thanks for illustrating my earlier note on the irrational hostility in your approach to women for anyone who might be new to this...

Women in this poor fellow's delusion, are either living in the safety and comfort of nets provided, aka living off others (men) or they're prostitutes, or they're "creeping into men's homes".

:plain:

And by that, you manage to call those women victims as well
I call victims "victims" because I'm rational. Most women aren't victims. They disproportionately suffer from poverty and abuse, compared with our gender. That aside, I've combated your hysterical histories of women, their role in society, and the movement to see them standing equally in right and privilege within the compact.

It's madness that if a woman wants her husband out of the house, the police will try to make up something that will suffice for him being thrown out of his own home.
I'd agree that your believing that's the rule is madness.

It's madness that you are concerned with women being payed less for the same work (a lie)
Again, I don't believe we've ever had that discussion. I invited you to quote/nudge me if I'm mistaken on the point. What I've read on the point sustains the idea. By way of example, this recent article in Forbes from March of 2016: Women Are Still Paid Less Than Men - Even In The Same Job.

and don't care about the fact that women do less time for the same crime (a fact).
It absolutely is a fact. Are you suggesting that men serve too long or women too little? In any event, as with sentencing relative to race, it's a point in need of address. It's also not an either/or. That is, you don't reasonably have to say, "I'd like to see equity in pay, but not so long as men are incarcerated longer for the same crime."

It would be a peculiar segue, to say the least.

I can go on and on
Oh, don't sell yourself short, you will. Just not in this particular post.

ok doser

lifeguard at the cement pond

town will claim that its a compilation of stuff he wants to share with others

fool once asked him why he only included his own work and not that of others

a question still hanging :chuckle:

Cause you can't opt out. :think:

you can't opt out of living under a system that allows abortion either, but that doesn't mean you have to partake of the opportunity to kill a child :idunno:

drbrumley

you can't opt out of living under a system that allows abortion either, but that doesn't mean you have to partake of the opportunity to kill a child :idunno:

:sigh: The government can't make you pregnant thereby your arguing apples to oranges

Crucible

BANNED
Banned
Nah. It's like a digest of the more interesting bits of things I run into during conversations, largely. Sometimes it's a serious of funny bit I simply read someone else write. And it always contains direct links to the source material, an invitation/encouragement for people to read the larger arguments and look around threads they might have missed.

Seems more like a means to affirm you're perceived victories of discussion.

Facts don't "want" to say a thing, they simply relate a truth. If that truth bothers you then it's time to examine why.

Statistics are inherently misleading because they don't tell the whole story. You can have a number of people on the street in a given timeline- but it's not going to show which one's were in a transitional phase and which one's are living with the birds. Among many other things.

That's a convoluted mess. What quotas? Which benefits? How does alimony figure in and do you understand the circumstances where alimony typically is awarded? That sort of thing.

There's a reason why men make up most of the homeless, and it's not because they don't work as hard or whatever excuse you people try to use to defend women.

Women in this poor fellow's delusion, are either living in the safety and comfort of nets provided, aka living off others (men) or they're prostitutes, or they're "creeping into men's homes".

Pretty much, yeah :idunno:
That is, if they manage to somehow break through all the nets beforehand as well- women inherit more compassion and chances than men simply because they are women.

I've combated your hysterical histories of women, their role in society, and the movement to see them standing equally in right and privilege within the compact.

And you failed- feminists have always been a supreme minority among women, even a century ago. It's because they acknowledged what you all can't seem to acknowledge.

Again, I don't believe we've ever had that discussion. I invited you to quote/nudge me if I'm mistaken on the point. What I've read on the point sustains the idea. By way of example, this recent article in Forbes from March of 2016: Women Are Still Paid Less Than Men - Even In The Same Job.

Besides the fact that it's illegal and doesn't exist practically anywhere, you could find it to be false by simple research. Stop minding the recycled lie meant for people who don't know otherwise.

It absolutely is a fact. Are you suggesting that men serve too long or women too little? In any event, as with sentencing relative to race, it's a point in need of address. It's also not an either/or. That is, you don't reasonably have to say, "I'd like to see equity in pay, but not so long as men are incarcerated longer for the same crime."

The point is that they are shown favoritism. Their livelihoods are taken into account where men are given the shaft.
Gee, kind of like
with
everything
else :rolleyes:

ok doser

lifeguard at the cement pond
:sigh: The government can't make you pregnant thereby your arguing apples to oranges

no, i'm noting that the inability to opt out of a system doesn't bear on whether or not to participate in aspects of it that you find morally offensive

fool

Hall of Fame
Send me your email address, I'll be sure to contact you when that decision is made years down the road.
You can PM me here, I'll be around.
So, in the meantime, Why do you get to call people out for collecting from a system that they had to pay into?
Back to those Trumpeteers who claim they like limited government yet use every social program out there. I assume that you're one of them (even if you didn't vote for Trump).
I pay Social Security and Medicare and Medicaid and Federal and State Taxes on every paycheck if that is what you mean by "Use every Social Program".

fool

Hall of Fame
if you take back only exactly what you put in?

nothing at all

The problem is they took it from you from day one. They get 6.2 percent of your gross from the very first paycheck you got stocking fruit when you were 15 with your ten speed and you work permit.
Your whole life!
You could have done way better with that money than they did.

Status
Not open for further replies.