ECT True or False question (Billy Graham)

True or False question (Billy Graham)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

God's Truth

Marhig says to give control of yourself to the Holy Spirit.
Gotta wonder how one still sins if they have given control to the Holy Spirit.

I am not into defending marhig, but I do know we are to train ourselves.

Train ourselves. Work out our salvation.

Luke 6:40
A student is not above his teacher, but everyone who is fully trained will be like his teacher.

Philippians 2:12 Therefore, my dear friends, as you have always obeyed--not only in my presence, but now much more in my absence--continue to work out your salvation with fear and trembling,
1 Corinthians 9:25
Everyone who competes in the games goes into strict training. They do it to get a crown that will not last; but we do it to get a crown that will last forever.
1 Timothy 4:7, 8
Have nothing to do with godless myths and old wives’ tales; rather, train yourself to be godly. For physical training is of some value, but godliness has value for all things, holding promise for both the present life and the life to come.
2 Timothy 3:16
All Scripture is God-breathed and is useful for teaching, rebuking, correcting and training in righteousness,
Titus 2:4
Then they can train the younger women to love their husbands and children,
Hebrews 5:14
But solid food is for the mature, who by constant use have trained themselves to distinguish good from evil.
Hebrews 12:11
No discipline seems pleasant at the time, but painful. Later on, however, it produces a harvest of righteousness and peace for those who have been trained by it.

meshak

BANNED
Banned
Marhig says to give control of yourself to the Holy Spirit.
Gotta wonder how one still sins if they have given control to the Holy Spirit.

she submitted her life to Jesus. If the HS is not controlling her, she cannot do that.

it is logical.

Danoh

The Holy Spirit has been active for eternity.
And yet no man, other than Christ Himself, has stopped sinning.

I've been ignoring you for some time.

You have not returned the favor - by your petty neg reps and getting me locked out of any thread you take issue with one of my posts on.

I'll say this to you, and be done with you.

One, Christ never had to stop sinning, as your sloppy wording implies.

Two, you talk a good game about the controlling of the Spirit but are a proven hypocrite.

Just now, you neg repped me once more - this time merely because I pointed out to RD that his difference with IP is one of their different understandings.

Fool woman, tribulation works patience.

The more of your fool pettiness, and that of your pals, the more for me to glory in your fool would be tribulations for me.

Geez are you guys just plain dumb about such things.

You really do not view the Lord as an answer to such things.

Duh -uh.

Either you are that incompetent or that petty, or both.

Its been your consistent pattern - your being both.

Three, I won't be surprised if next thing I know, I am now locked out of this thread also.

Because you and your pals are hypocrites.

You dish out but can not handle anyone's calling you on your sham of a so called led of the Spirit hypocrisy.

You're a fool, Tam - I am not the one you will have to answer to for your charade one day.

You fools sure prove why Rom. 5: 6-8 - in each our stead.

Your continued stupidities end up in His glory.

To each your consistent shame.

God's Truth

If your are training yourself then you are not being trained by the Holy Spirit.

The WORDS a saved person obeys are the WORDS of God. Jesus' words are SPIRIT.

John 6:63 The Spirit gives life; the flesh counts for nothing. The words I have spoken to you--they are full of the Spirit and life.

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I've been ignoring you for some time.
Who cares?

You have not returned the favor - by your petty neg reps and getting me locked out of any thread you take issue with one of my posts on.
I did not get you locked out of any thread, clueless one.

I'll say this to you, and be done with you.
Time will tell.
I've heard that before.

One, Christ never had to stop sinning, as your sloppy wording implies.
Imbecile.
I did not imply Christ had to stop sinning.

The more of your fool pettiness, and that of your pals, the more for me to glory in your fool would be tribulations for me.
Drama king.

Geez are you guys just plain dumb about such things.
Your hypocritical opinion is noted, again.

You really do not view the Lord as an answer to such things.
You really don't understand what I believe.
You just read into it what you want to.

Either you are that incompetent or that petty, or both.
Or ...... it is because you are too stupid to understand what is said and why due to your willful blindness to your incompetence.

Three, I won't be surprised if next thing I know, I am now locked out of this thread also.
Wouldn't surprise me either.

Because you and your pals are hypocrites.
That is your projection and conjecture with the same old off base conclusion

You dish out but can not handle anyone's calling you on your sham of a so called led of the Spirit hypocrisy.
I've been handling your graceless attitude for some time now, to your consistent shame.

Make of that what your willful pride will.

Your ever automatic compulsion right away, to turn a thing into an opportunity for more of your ignorance due to your fool personal animosity.

Nevertheless, regardless of your obvious duplicity and stupidity towards me, I pray you reconsider.

glorydaz

Maybe you will listen you're own apostle.

Galatians 5

And they that are Christ's have crucified the flesh with the affections and lusts. If we live in the Spirit, let us also walk in the Spirit.

You keep talking about Paul, but you can't see what he's saying? He isn't talking about carrying a cross or dying daily like you claim. He continues to speak of what has been done already through the work of the Spirit in him. You keep trying, and he keeps saying what has been done for those who believe.

HAVE crucified.....done deal. At least for those of us who have obeyed the Gospel.

Galatians 2:20
I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live; yet not I, but Christ liveth in me: and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God, who loved me, and gave himself for me.​

Why don't you start talking about how you're circumcising yourself? That's something else done by God and not man. :popcorn:

Colossians 2:11-13
11 In whom also ye are circumcised with the circumcision made without hands, in putting off the body of the sins of the flesh by the circumcision of Christ: 12 Buried with him in baptism, wherein also ye are risen with him through the faith of the operation of God, who hath raised him from the dead. 13 And you, being dead in your sins and the uncircumcision of your flesh, hath he quickened together with him, having forgiven you all trespasses;​

glorydaz

No Paul wasn't, he was talking about dying to self will daily.

Paul didn't die daily by being beaten half to death, and Paul wasn't beaten every day either.

Paul is talking about death to self will, not about being beaten up!

I can't believe the you are quoting a verse about submitting ourselves to God, yet you are saying that I go on and on about sin! If we truly submit ourserves to God then we turn from sin! How can the righteousness of God be seen in those still living by the lust of the flesh?

INCREDIBLE. IDIOTIC.

This is the resurrection from the dead chapter, and you think Paul is speaking of his personal willfulness? Paul is stating he is in danger of dying each and every day, and if there is no resurrection from the dead, he will be one of those "men more miserable". DORK

1 Cor. 15:16 For if the dead rise not, then is not Christ raised: 17 And if Christ be not raised, your faith is vain; ye are yet in your sins. 18 Then they also which are fallen asleep in Christ are perished. 19 If in this life only we have hope in Christ, we are of all men most miserable. 20 But now is Christ risen from the dead, and become the firstfruits of them that slept. 21 For since by man came death, by man came also the resurrection of the dead. 22 For as in Adam all die, even so in Christ shall all be made alive. 23 But every man in his own order: Christ the firstfruits; afterward they that are Christ's at his coming. 24 Then cometh the end, when he shall have delivered up the kingdom to God, even the Father; when he shall have put down all rule and all authority and power. 25 For he must reign, till he hath put all enemies under his feet. 26 The last enemy that shall be destroyed is death. 27 For he hath put all things under his feet. But when he saith all things are put under him, it is manifest that he is excepted, which did put all things under him. 28 And when all things shall be subdued unto him, then shall the Son also himself be subject unto him that put all things under him, that God may be all in all. 29 Else what shall they do which are baptized for the dead, if the dead rise not at all? why are they then baptized for the dead?

30 And why stand we in jeopardy every hour? 31 I protest by your rejoicing which I have in Christ Jesus our Lord, I die daily. 32 If after the manner of men I have fought with beasts at Ephesus, what advantageth it me, if the dead rise not? let us eat and drink; for to morrow we die.

Danoh

You keep talking about Paul, but you can't see what he's saying? He isn't talking about carrying a cross or dying daily like you claim. He continues to speak of what has been done already through the work of the Spirit in him. You keep trying, and he keeps saying what has been done for those who believe.

HAVE crucified.....done deal. At least for those of us who have obeyed the Gospel.

Galatians 2:20
I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live; yet not I, but Christ liveth in me: and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God, who loved me, and gave himself for me.​

Nope.

He is talking about both.

He is talking (1) about living like (2) one who has been crucified with Christ.

One aspect is the issue of one's having been fully justified.

The other is the daily issue of living sanctified, or like one who has been set apart unto God by Him the moment one believed Christ died for one's sins.

He is talking Romans 6-8.

He is talking the issue of (1) having been saved (2) for service.

And he is doing so, in light of Rom. 5: 6-8.

meshak

BANNED
Banned
Nope.

He is talking about both.

He is talking (1) about living like (2) one who has been crucified with Christ.

One aspect is the issue of one's having been fully justified.

The other is the daily issue of living sanctified, or like one who has been set apart unto God by Him the moment one believed Christ died for one's sins.

He is talking Romans 6-8.

He is talking the issue of (1) having been saved (2) for service.

And he is doing so, in light of Rom. 5: 6-8.

well said:)

Danoh

well said:)

Then you did not understand my post.

Paul is reminding the eternally saved Believer of what he has been eternally saved unto - unto service and how that is tapped into in one's daily life.

By reckoning oneself dead indeed unto sin, but alive unto God.

In other words by reckoning as true, the fact that the Believer has been eternally saved, and that built into that eternal life now EVER resident IN him IN CHRIST is the very power by which Christ rose from the dead.

See Romans 6 thru 8.

And you do not even believe in the eternal security of the Believer.

Meaning, you are actually agreeing with YOUR understanding of what I wrote, not with MY understanding of it.

Rom. 5: 6-8 towards you.

Someday.

Today would be as good as any, Meshak.

Galatians 2:21 I do not frustrate the grace of God: for if righteousness come by the law, then Christ is dead in vain.

meshak

BANNED
Banned
Then you did not understand my post.

Paul is reminding the eternally saved Believer of what he has been eternally saved unto - unto service and how that is tapped into in one's daily life.

By reckoning oneself dead indeed unto sin, but alive unto God.

In other words by reckoning as true, the fact that the Believer has been eternally saved, and that built into that eternal life now EVER resident IN him IN CHRIST is the very power by which Christ rose from the dead.

See Romans 6 thru 8.

And you do not even believe in the eternal security of the Believer.

Meaning, you are actually agreeing with YOUR understanding of what I wrote, not with MY understanding of it.

Rom. 5: 6-8 towards you.

Someday.

Today would be as good as any, Meshak.

Galatians 2:21 I do not frustrate the grace of God: for if righteousness come by the law, then Christ is dead in vain.

I thought you were confirming Marhig's claim.

I agree with her.

So you don't agree with her?

Danoh

I thought you were confirming Marhig's claim.

I agree with her.

So you don't agree with her?

My agreement with anyone is ever on a point by point basis.

I will agree with someone on one thing, but not on another.

Including you, GT, IP, even Catholic Crusader.

Not just with "my own."

Just as the Apostle Paul would, when he found what they said was sound.

As in the following example - he agrees with an enemy of the truth on a point the guy was nevertheless right about....

Titus 1:12 One of themselves, even a prophet of their own, said, The Cretians are alway liars, evil beasts, slow bellies. 1:13 This witness is true. Wherefore rebuke them sharply, that they may be sound in the faith;

Its called actually following Paul as he followed Christ - through the lens of Rom. 5: 6-8 - the Cross of Christ for all sinners that Paul looked out at all sinners from.

Which allowed him to be objective; not playing favorites, and so on.

meshak

BANNED
Banned
My agreement with anyone is ever on a point by point basis.

I will agree with someone on one thing, but not on another.

Including you, GT, IP, even Catholic Crusader.

Not just with "my own."

Just as the Apostle Paul would, when he found what they said was sound.

As in the following example - he agrees with an enemy of the truth on a point the guy was nevertheless right about....

Titus 1:12 One of themselves, even a prophet of their own, said, The Cretians are alway liars, evil beasts, slow bellies. 1:13 This witness is true. Wherefore rebuke them sharply, that they may be sound in the faith;

Its called actually following Paul as he followed Christ - through the lens of Rom. 5: 6-8 - the Cross of Christ for all sinners that Paul looked out at all sinners from.

Which allowed him to be objective; not playing favorites, and so on.

GD was opposed to what Marhig said about crucifying oneself.

And you went on to something else?

I think that's why I don't get your point.

Danoh

GD was opposed to what Marhig said about crucifying oneself.

And you went on to something else?

I think that's why I don't get your point.

And GD is partly right.

Marhig believes as you do - in works for salvation.

GD rightly does not.

At the same time, I do not agree with GD's error that there is no work expected of the Believer.

Marhig wrongly believes one is saved by one's works.

GD rightly believes one is saved unto good works.

But then she goes south on that with her notion that there is nothing the Believer is to do.

That the Spirit continues that work.

Which is nonsense - the Believer is saved UNTO good works.

Ephesians 2:10 For we are his workmanship, created in Christ Jesus unto good works, which God hath before ordained that we should walk in them.

As that amazing twelve year old put it "wist ye not" don't you two know "that I must be about My Father's business?"

Well that is the Believer - saved UNTO the Father's business.

And that was Paul's sense of that...

1 Corinthians 9:24 Know ye not that they which run in a race run all, but one receiveth the prize? So run, that ye may obtain. 9:25 And every man that striveth for the mastery is temperate in all things. Now they do it to obtain a corruptible crown; but we an incorruptible. 9:26 I therefore so run, not as uncertainly; so fight I, not as one that beateth the air: 9:27 But I keep under my body, and bring it into subjection: lest that by any means, when I have preached to others, I myself should be a castaway.

And no, Meshak, Paul is not talking about his striving there lest he lose his salvation.

He is talking about lest he find himself having come short of that crown that he is talking about there.

Which is an issue different from salvation.

Because Rom. 5: 6-8.

meshak

BANNED
Banned
Marhig believes as you do - in works for salvation.

Marhig wrongly believes one is saved by one's works.

Nope, we believe faith comes first but if you have faith, you will strive to be faithful to Jesus because Jesus commands us to produce fruit.

You guys skip Jesus' word.

I believe you guys are reading Paul's word wrong.

Even Peter admitted Paul's teachings are hard to understand, and Peter is apostle too.