ECT True or False question (Billy Graham)

True or False question (Billy Graham)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

meshak

BANNED
Banned
Agree, good post.

Nothing here about salvation, but about our walk. We walk because we want to be effective. We walk because we want to be like our Savior. We don't walk to gain or keep unmerited favor. Ephesians 2:8,9 Galatians 1:6 Romans 3:24 2 Timothy 1:9 1 Corinthians 4:7 That said, I agree, we walk in the Spirit and there is benefit from doing so both in our and others' lives. 1 Corinthians 12 is about body life. Romans 12:5

Walking in spirit is fruit.

So he is talking about salvation because Jesus says without producing fruit we will be burned.

There are many ways to explain about salvation because there are many ways to produce fruit. It seems most Christians don't realize about it.

"faith alone" faith is practically one time confession.

do you agree @lon?

marhig

The Apostle Paul wrote of his dealings with temptation.

"So I find this law at work: Although I want to do good, evil is right there with me. For in my inner being I delight in God’s law; but I see another law at work in me, waging war against the law of my mind and making me a prisoner of the law of sin at work within me. What a wretched man I am! Who will rescue me from this body that is subject to death? Thanks be to God, who delivers me through Jesus Christ our Lord!

So then, I myself in my mind am a slave to God’s law, but in my sinful natured a slave to the law of sin. (Romans 7:21-25)

Even Christians have to deal with temptation and sin. Therefore I must always be on the alert!

That's true, and as Paul says there, thanks be to God, who delivers me through Christ Jesus.

And God will deliver us through Christ too, and he'll help us to fight the flesh, through faith by his grace. With God all things are possible, and I have complete faith in him and I know that he can help me to overcome anything in this world. Because greater is he that is in us than he that is in the world. Jesus said, have no fear for I have overcome the world, and Christ can help us to overcome too.

marhig

That you are not dead to sin. You do no reckon yourself dead to sin. You give yourself an out...

Paul also said "I die daily!"

Obsessed with sin....sin sin everywhere. :popcorn:
I have to speak the truth, it counteracts those who keep saying it's all done for them and they don't have to do anything! Sin brings forth death, so it's important that we turn away from it. And we can, through Christ by the power of the Spirit.

glorydaz

How do you measure something like that? Add one tablespoon of flesh to a cup of Holy Spirit? Or is it vice versa (pun intended).

And don't we sometime wrest control back from the Spirit?

The best I can say is that when we are walking in the Spirit, the Spirit produces fruit in our lives. Fruit like love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, self control.

And Paul says we should actively "walk in the Spirit", so that we don't give in to the flesh:
[This] I say then, Walk in the Spirit, and ye shall not fulfil the lust of the flesh. For the flesh lusteth against the Spirit, and the Spirit against the flesh: and these are contrary the one to the other: so that ye cannot do the things that ye would. [Gal 5:16-17 KJV]

Don't forget the important part...

Gal. 5:24 And they that are Christ's have crucified the flesh with the affections and lusts.​

Why so much lack of faith among professing Christians? Why listen to the accusers of the brethren? Why doubt? We have been delivered from the law, and all I hear is fear and doubt? We don't wrestle with the Spirit for control, but with spiritual wickedness in high places.

Romans 8:31 What shall we then say to these things? If God be for us, who can be against us? 32 He that spared not his own Son, but delivered him up for us all, how shall he not with him also freely give us all things? 33 Who shall lay any thing to the charge of God's elect? It is God that justifieth. 34 Who is he that condemneth? It is Christ that died, yea rather, that is risen again, who is even at the right hand of God, who also maketh intercession for us. 35 Who shall separate us from the love of Christ? shall tribulation, or distress, or persecution, or famine, or nakedness, or peril, or sword? 36 As it is written, For thy sake we are killed all the day long; we are accounted as sheep for the slaughter. 37 Nay, in all these things we are more than conquerors through him that loved us. 38 For I am persuaded, that neither death, nor life, nor angels, nor principalities, nor powers, nor things present, nor things to come, 39 Nor height, nor depth, nor any other creature, shall be able to separate us from the love of God, which is in Christ Jesus our Lord.​

glorydaz

We do have a cross to bear, and those that truly follow Christ take up their cross daily, they start to deny their flesh, they partake in the sufferings of Christ, and they live by the will of God and obey him. Jesus said, that those not willing to take up their cross are not worthy of him.We can't live by the lusts of our flesh and please God. Either we let God in when we hear the truth to help in us to overcome our flesh and start to put sin to death within us, or deny him and we obey the lusts of our flesh and let Satan overcome us and let sin put us to death.

We can't have both, and the condition of our hearts will show in our lives, whether we are living by will of God and producing the fruits of the Spirit, or whether we are living by the lusts of the flesh and producing the works thereof.

A garden is overcome if the thorns and thistles grow out of control and take over and are not removed, and our heart will be overcome if Christ isn't with us helping us to overcome our flesh by the power of the Spirit.

With God and through faith, all things are possible and we can overcome this world.

You preach your cross all you want. I'll preach Christ, and HIM crucified.

And, you can keep preaching what Jesus spoke when He walked in the flesh, but the Risen Lord gave Paul the message of HIS CROSS.

What was required pre-cross is rejected by the Gospel of Grace. Your obedience and all your boasting is excluded by the Law of Faith. So, boast away little worker bee and carry your cross...contrary to what the Risen Lord commanded.

You go ahead and "start to die to your flesh", while those who are saved are crucified with Christ. We are dead and our life is hid with Christ in God.

If you recognized Jesus as your Lord and God, you wouldn't still be trying to carry your own cross.

glorydaz

Paul also said "I die daily!"

Paul was speaking of being beaten half to death for preaching the Gospel.
He was talking about literally being in peril of physical death.

So, using Paul as an example is just proof of your ignorance.

I have to speak the truth, it counteracts those who keep saying it's all done for them and they don't have to do anything! Sin brings forth death, so it's important that we turn away from it. And we can, through Christ by the power of the Spirit.

You wouldn't know the truth if it came up and bit you in the behind. :nono:

The wages of sin is death, but the GIFT OF GOD IS ETERNAL LIFE through Jesus Christ our Lord.

You don't have that Gift, so it's "important" that you "turn away" from sin.....but it won't do you any good. You'll still die in your sins, because you reject the Gift of Salvation....being ignorant of the righteousness of God...just as the Jews were.

Romans 10:3 For they being ignorant of God's righteousness, and going about to establish their own righteousness, have not submitted themselves unto the righteousness of God.​

marhig

You preach your cross all you want. I'll preach Christ, and HIM crucified.

And, you can keep preaching what Jesus spoke when He walked in the flesh, but the Risen Lord gave Paul the message of HIS CROSS.

What was required pre-cross is rejected by the Gospel of Grace. Your obedience and all your boasting is excluded by the Law of Faith. So, boast away little worker bee and carry your cross...contrary to what the Risen Lord commanded.

You go ahead and "start to die to your flesh", while those who are saved are crucified with Christ. We are dead and our life is hid with Christ in God.

If you recognized Jesus as your Lord and God, you wouldn't still be trying to carry your own cross.

Maybe you will listen you're own apostle.

Galatians 5

And they that are Christ's have crucified the flesh with the affections and lusts. If we live in the Spirit, let us also walk in the Spirit.

Romans 6

Likewise reckon ye also yourselves to be dead indeed unto sin, but alive unto God through Jesus Christ our Lord.

Let not sin therefore reign in your mortal body, that ye should obey it in the lusts thereof. Neither yield ye your members as instruments of unrighteousness unto sin: but yield yourselves unto God, as those that are alive from the dead, and your members as instruments of righteousness unto God.

By the way, when Paul is speaking about being dead to sin, or dead and our life hid with Christ, he is speaking about death to self, and the life of Christ covering us and our old life is gone and we hid with Christ and Christ helping us to turn from sin and his righteousness is seen through us instead of our sinful nature. He doesn't mean that Jesus died on the cross so that we can carry on sinning and God won't see our sins!

Paul also said, that we will be judged on what we go, Good and bad!

marhig

Paul was speaking of being beaten half to death for preaching the Gospel.
He was talking about literally being in peril of physical death.

So, using Paul as an example is just proof of your ignorance.

You wouldn't know the truth if it came up and bit you in the behind. :nono:

The wages of sin is death, but the GIFT OF GOD IS ETERNAL LIFE through Jesus Christ our Lord.

You don't have that Gift, so it's "important" that you "turn away" from sin.....but it won't do you any good. You'll still die in your sins, because you reject the Gift of Salvation....being ignorant of the righteousness of God...just as the Jews were.

Romans 10:3 For they being ignorant of God's righteousness, and going about to establish their own righteousness, have not submitted themselves unto the righteousness of God.​

No Paul wasn't, he was talking about dying to self will daily.

Paul didn't die daily by being beaten half to death, and Paul wasn't beaten every day either.

Paul is talking about death to self will, not about being beaten up!

I can't believe the you are quoting a verse about submitting ourselves to God, yet you are saying that I go on and on about sin! If we truly submit ourserves to God then we turn from sin! How can the righteousness of God be seen in those still living by the lust of the flesh?

marhig

John 21

Verily, verily, I say unto thee, When thou wast young, thou girdest thyself, and walkedst whither thou wouldest: but when thou shalt be old, thou shalt stretch forth thy hands, and another shall gird thee, and carry thee whither thou wouldest not. This spake he, signifying by what death he should glorify God. And when he had spoken this, he saith unto him, Follow me.

Jesus is speaking here about is death to self. We are to die to self to glorify God. Die to self will, and live by the will of God and then God will cover us and lead us to do things we wouldn't do when we were in our flesh, because when we walked by the lusts of our flesh we'd put our flesh first, but when we are walking in the Spirit we put God first and deny ourselves, because we love God more than we love ourselves and this world. And in doing so, we truly follow Jesus.

We can't have both, it's either one or the other. Love God and live by his will, or love our flesh and fulfill the lusts of it and love the world.

Matthew 6

Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven.

meshak

BANNED
Banned
John 21

Verily, verily, I say unto thee, When thou wast young, thou girdest thyself, and walkedst whither thou wouldest: but when thou shalt be old, thou shalt stretch forth thy hands, and another shall gird thee, and carry thee whither thou wouldest not. This spake he, signifying by what death he should glorify God. And when he had spoken this, he saith unto him, Follow me.

Jesus is speaking here about is death to self. We are to die to self to glorify God. Die to self will, and live by the will of God and then God will cover us and lead us to do things we wouldn't do when we were in our flesh, because when we walked by the lusts of our flesh we'd put our flesh first, but when we are walking in the Spirit we put God first and deny ourselves, because we love God more than we love ourselves and this world. And in doing so, we truly follow Jesus.

We can't have both, it's either one or the other. Love God and live by his will, or love our flesh and fulfill the lusts of it and love the world.

Matthew 6

Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven.

well said:)

meshak

BANNED
Banned
That's like thinking you can get rid of a snake's poisonous bite by being sad and going off in another direction. Good luck with that.

Nope, If you have the HS in you, you will not do that.

And marhig will never do that.

It is obvious.

meshak

BANNED
Banned
Meshak, I just gave you my "Special" Neg-rep of the day and you've yet to thank me? Why the delay?

I cannot give reps to rep comment.

But I have been giving you tons of thanks.

I have many catching up to do to give thanks to make frustrated members to make them feel better:)

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
I cannot give reps to rep comment.

But I have been giving you tons of thanks.

I have many catching up to do to give thanks to make frustrated members to make them feel better:)

Well, as soon as you can, I expect a healthy grouping' of "Pos-reps" coming from you. I take time out of my busy day to give you as many "Neg-reps" as humanly possible and you treat me like this? What an outrage, such impertinence .