ECT True or False question (Billy Graham)

True or False question (Billy Graham)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
I have been giving you thanks when I cannot give you pos reps.

Some how I cannot give pos reps to the same person over and over.

so please be patient.

peace:)

I'll try my best, however, my patience is growing rather thin at this point. I sincerely hope you can appreciate my quandary? Alright, I'll give you some time to make it right with me.

meshak

BANNED
Banned
I'll try my best, however, my patience is growing rather thin at this point. I sincerely hope you can appreciate my quandary? Alright, I'll give you some time to make it right with me.

I don't know what you are talking about but I give you thanks or pos rep for taking time to talk to me.:)

peace:)

meshak

BANNED
Banned
Hey Tam,

How can I give pos reps to the givers?

You seem to know those kind of things so well.

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
How do you measure something like that?
That's what I'd like to know.

I mean, if you have given the Holy Spirit control, then there would be no sinning from ya.
But everyone still sins.

Derf

That's what I'd like to know.

I mean, if you have given the Holy Spirit control, then there would be no sinning from ya.
But everyone still sins.

It's a fight, isn't it. But one we should engage in. We wouldn't want to disqualify ourselves, would we? 1 Cor 9:27

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
It's a fight, isn't it. But one we should engage in. We wouldn't want to disqualify ourselves, would we? 1 Cor 9:27
If it is you that has the control then it is not the Holy Spirit in control of you.

Derf

We're done, troll. I've asked more than once, you won't answer.

You ask questions that don't have specific answers, then complain when I do the same? Who's the troll?

But I appreciate the acknowledgement that you don't have the ability to answer my questions, nor the patience to try to understand them.

And your response just shows what I said in the first place--your intent was to divide by splitting hairs.

Why would we ever, EVER want to discourage people from repenting of their sins? Mark 9:42. The only concern that seems like it could be a problem is if they are thinking that repentance is enough to save them. Though what is repentance, except an acknowledgement of who gets to make the rules--a recognition of who the LORD really is.

Billy Graham certainly never preached sola repentance, and his quote in the OP certainly doesn't say that.

Maybe, musterion, I've been appointed as a special troll just for you--a millstone to hang about your neck.

God's Truth

You ask questions that don't have specific answers, then complain when I do the same? Who's the troll?

But I appreciate the acknowledgement that you don't have the ability to answer my questions, nor the patience to try to understand them.

And your response just shows what I said in the first place--your intent was to divide by splitting hairs.

Why would we ever, EVER want to discourage people from repenting of their sins? Mark 9:42. The only concern that seems like it could be a problem is if they are thinking that repentance is enough to save them. Though what is repentance, except an acknowledgement of who gets to make the rules--a recognition of who the LORD really is.

Billy Graham certainly never preached sola repentance, and his quote in the OP certainly doesn't say that.

Maybe, musterion, I've been appointed as a special troll just for you--a millstone to hang about your neck.

You seem to be stuck somewhere between the truth and false teachings.

You are afraid to say repenting of sins is what is needed to get saved?

Derf

If it is you that has the control then it is not the Holy Spirit in control of you.

Yes! For sure!!

That's why Paul tells us regularly how we need to walk in the Spirit, and what that looks like.
If we live in the Spirit, let us also walk in the Spirit. [Gal 5:25 KJV]
[There is] therefore now no condemnation to them which are in Christ Jesus, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit. [Rom 8:1 KJV]

That's why Paul tells us to imitate him as he imitates Christ. (1 Cor 11:1)

That's why Jesus said we need to abide in His, because that is what brings fruit. How do we abide in His love?

[Jhn 15:7-11 KJV] 7 If ye abide in me, and my words abide in you, ye shall ask what ye will, and it shall be done unto you. 8 Herein is my Father glorified, that ye bear much fruit; so shall ye be my disciples. 9 As the Father hath loved me, so have I loved you: continue ye in my love. 10 If ye keep my commandments, ye shall abide in my love; even as I have kept my Father's commandments, and abide in his love. 11 These things have I spoken unto you, that my joy might remain in you, and [that] your joy might be full.

Are we really going to tell people they don't need to repent and thus deprive them of the joy, the full joy of Jesus Christ, that they are entitled to as the adopted sons and daughters of the King?

Why would we do that???????

Derf

You seem to be stuck somewhere between the truth and false teachings.

You are afraid to say repenting of sins is what is needed to get saved?

Thank you for those affirming words, GT. I was afraid I was slipping into your camp.

God's Truth

Yes! For sure!!

That's why Paul tells us regularly how we need to walk in the Spirit, and what that looks like.
If we live in the Spirit, let us also walk in the Spirit. [Gal 5:25 KJV]
[There is] therefore now no condemnation to them which are in Christ Jesus, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit. [Rom 8:1 KJV]

That's why Paul tells us to imitate him as he imitates Christ. (1 Cor 11:1)

That's why Jesus said we need to abide in His, because that is what brings fruit. How do we abide in His love?

[Jhn 15:7-11 KJV] 7 If ye abide in me, and my words abide in you, ye shall ask what ye will, and it shall be done unto you. 8 Herein is my Father glorified, that ye bear much fruit; so shall ye be my disciples. 9 As the Father hath loved me, so have I loved you: continue ye in my love. 10 If ye keep my commandments, ye shall abide in my love; even as I have kept my Father's commandments, and abide in his love. 11 These things have I spoken unto you, that my joy might remain in you, and [that] your joy might be full.

Are we really going to tell people they don't need to repent and thus deprive them of the joy, the full joy of Jesus Christ, that they are entitled to as the adopted sons and daughters of the King?

Why would we do that???????

Now tell me how obeying Jesus by repenting of sins is not a factor in being saved.

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
The Holy Spirit has been active for eternity.
And yet no man, other than Christ Himself, has stopped sinning.