toldailytopic: Why do some people seem to hate Tim Tebow so much?

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Which teams has Denver played with Tebow as the starter have a .500 record or better, or weren't in a long slide? Let me help. The Lions. Remember the score?
I don't see what you have against Tebow. :idunno: Don't you see potential in him? Heck, he has started less games than Cam Newton or Andy Dalton, yet has his team in contention for a division title. In the grand scheme of things Tebow has very little game time experience.

Tebow is only going to get better and that's nothing but great news for the Broncos because lets face it the kid just wins. Will he win them all? Of course not! It's funny how quickly expectations change. At first it was... will Tebow be better than Orton? That quickly faded into... can Tebow take this team to the playoffs? Now that's even fading into... can Tebow win a World Championship?

I would like to cut the kid some slack. The Broncos are a ways off from a World Championship and Tebow needs more experience. He still needs to improve and no one knows that better than he does.

Yet all that being said... this sure is fun! Replacing Orton with Tebow has made Bronco football fun to watch.

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
I am telling you he isn't a good quarterback right now. With the win streak. The Bronocos are playing good enough to win against bad teams by very solid defense.
Yeah... it's a good thing they completely replaced the defense with a good defense when they put Orton on the bench. :D

Granite

Hall of Fame
Uh...that was practice for him.

You're short, aren't you? (That means, "It went over your head, didn't it?)

I see. Silly way to say "He's just been warming up," but, hey. Like your quarterback, you don't have much by the way of style points. Some guys can't help it.:cool:

King cobra

DOCTA
LIFETIME MEMBER
I see. Silly way to say "He's just been warming up," but, hey. Like your quarterback, you don't have much by the way of style points. Some guys can't help it.:cool:
Read: http://www.denverpost.com/commented/ci_19559476?source=commented-

Silly you should mention “style points.” His nice-guy style is very likely a big reason the Broncos are playing better. They’ve responded to an uncommon level of maturity and respect which says a lot for them as well.

serpentdove

BANNED
Banned
Mt 5:11, Jn 15:20

[Lib Radio Host Bill Press Tells Tebow: ‘S-T-F-U’ (Shut the F**k Up) About Jesus] "Liberal radio pundit and former CNN host Bill Press has a message for Denver Broncos quarterback Tim Tebow: “S-T-F-U” about Jesus.

The leftist commentator used this acronym (which stands for “shut the f**k up”) while speaking on his radio show this morning about his dislike for Tebow’s “in-your face” Christian faith.

“…And you know what I want to say, S.T.F.U. I’m tired of hearing Tim Tebow and all this Jesus Talk,” Press said. ”He better be praying hard this week, because he’s up against a real quarterback on Sunday — against Tom Brady and the New England Patriots.”

As if this weren’t rough enough, Press continued, saying, “Everybody wants to make him a hero. I think he’s a disgrace. I think he’s an embarrassment...” Full text: Lib Radio Host Bill Press Tells Tebow: ‘S-T-F-U’ (Shut the F**k Up) About Jesus

Lk 9:26

Last edited:

chrysostom

Hall of Fame
this reminds me of a joke about a kid going door to door selling religious stuff
and
was asked if he was Catholic
and
he replied no
and
that it was bad enough being black

Granite

Hall of Fame
...and we're back.

I'm glad my "bad feeling about this" vibe was misplaced. Although things were looking grim in the first quarter.

I don't know if it was a rookie mistake or just panic, but I've never seen a twenty-nine-yard sack like the one Tebow took late.

GuySmiley

...and we're back.

I'm glad my "bad feeling about this" vibe was misplaced. Although things were looking grim in the first quarter.

I don't know if it was a rookie mistake or just panic, but I've never seen a twenty-nine-yard sack like the one Tebow took late.
It was 4th and 17. He just needed to keep the play alive. Taking a 5 yard sack or 28 yard sack didnt matter at that point. No matter how the play ended the game was over (well except for a 17 yard pass that is.) His only choice was to run backwards. The Pats did a good job of containing him that play.

Granite

Hall of Fame
It was 4th and 17. He just needed to keep the play alive. Taking a 5 yard sack or 28 yard sack didnt matter at that point. No matter how the play ended the game was over (well except for a 17 yard pass that is.) His only choice was to run backwards. The Pats did a good job of containing him that play.

Yeah, I give him props for trying to just keep it alive as long as he did. Still a nutty play to watch, though.

The Barbarian

BANNED
Banned
It seems to me that a lot of it is that he's defied the conventional wisdom about what a "good quarterback" should be. The religious part is, I think, just a way to show that he's "weird."

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
...and we're back.

My vibe was right (unfortunately). Denver's defense isn't as good as most experts think it is. They have a horrible secondary (other than Champ) and the interior linemen are weak. Brady took full advantage of that weakness.

I think it was a good game for the Broncos however. They are a young team and they proved that they be competitive with a powerhouse team like the Pats. Avoid the turnovers and strengthen the defense and they might be able to beat a team like the Patriots next year.

What? You never watched Fran Tarkenton???? :D

Yeah I agree with GuySmiley Tebow was just trying to make something happen because it was 4th and long and they had nothing to lose.

Last edited:

Butterfly

The people I talk to dislike him because they believe he is going over the top with his display of his faith. They see it as a slippery slope, if the NFL allows Tim to display those things, then what about a Muslim? You would have to allow the Muslim player to write Koran verses under his eyes, kneel down to pray to Allah after a touchdown, etc.

They believe that Tim has gone to the point of being "obnoxious" about his beliefs. They also believe he lacks "humility". Which I don't know what they mean, unless they believe he is not humble in his beliefs? I don't know but that is what I was told.

As far as I go, I don't like the Bronco's so I don't pay attention to Tim... :rolleyes: