toldailytopic: Why do some people seem to hate Tim Tebow so much?

King cobra

DOCTA
LIFETIME MEMBER
When Tebow was asked if he was saving himself for marriage, he said, “Yes I am.” Planned Parenthood hates this kind of talk because if it were to catch on, where would they get their blood money? And when a superstar athlete promotes chastity, it’s bound to catch on with many. The haters just can’t stand that!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HS8qqNnR3aM

King cobra

DOCTA
LIFETIME MEMBER
When Tebow was introduced to a fan who was afflicted with a brain tumor and suffered from hearing loss and tremors, he asked the girl if she would be his date at an awards ceremony the next day. This beautiful young girl is someone Margaret Sanger (Planned Parenthood founder) would have called “dead weight of human waste.” To treat someone so afflicted with respect just encourages compassion for those less fortunate. The haters just can’t stand that!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LUdSgb0QTjg&feature=related

King cobra

DOCTA
LIFETIME MEMBER
Tom Brady, after living a full life, died. When he got to heaven, God was showing him around. They came to a modest little house with a faded Patriots flag in the window. "This house is yours for eternity Tom, said God. "This is very special; not everyone gets a house up here." Tom felt special, indeed, and walked up to his house.

On his way up the porch, he noticed another house just around the corner. It was a huge 3-story mansion with Orange and Blue sidewalks and drive ways, a 50 foot tall flagpole with an enormous Broncos logo flag waving, a swimming pool in shape of a horse, a Broncos logo in every window, and a Tim Tebow jersey on the front door.

Tom looked at God and said "God, I'm not trying to be ungrateful, but I have a question. I was an all-pro QB, I won 3 Super Bowls, and I even went to the Hall of Fame."

God said "So what's your point Tom?"

"Well, why does Tim Tebow get a better house than me?"

God chuckled, and said "Tom, that's not Tim's house...it's mine."

The haters just can't stand that!!

Granite

Hall of Fame
KC, are you talking to yourself?:think:

P.S. Heard the joke a few years ago although this time it was Peyton Manning wondering why Brady's house was nicer...

chrysostom

Hall of Fame
KC, are you talking to yourself?:think:

P.S. Heard the joke a few years ago although this time it was Peyton Manning wondering why Brady's house was nicer...

I think he is talking to all those who have been inspired by Tebow

Todah

As one comedian said......"there are no new jokes, only new audiences." I never heard that joke before, but it is a good one and fits the present circumstances with Tim Tebow beautifully.

Part of the reason people may hate Tim Tebow, is jealousy.
He is obviously anointed and being blessed by God right now. Many people pray, and ask God for their lives to be blessed, and success to come their way on a daily basis...... yet are not experiencing what he is experiencing right now. Therefore they are jealous that he is favored and receiving extra goodies from God.

It reminds me of young Joseph's dream and his father's favoritism, with the coat of many colors. His brothers hated him for that and almost killed him. Yet, "what they meant for evil, God planned for good."

I therefore like what Tim Tebow says about what is going on with himself. "Apparently God has a plan for us, I simply do not know what it is."
Neither did Joseph, especially when he ended up in Egypt and prison for years.

Many people have intended evil for Tim Tebow right now, as their commentary has indicated.

If Tebow haters would have had their way, none of us would have seen any of these incredible comebacks . Us Bronco fans, would still be grumbling about Josh McDaniels and a probable 4 and 9 record with Kyle Orton and Brady Quinn.

Tim could have been killed by an abortionist, and his career could have been aborted by the nay-sayers and haters.

I have to thank our Lord and Saviour, Jesus Christ, Yeshua haMeshiach, and Praise Yah that neither "killing" occurred.

rbdeli

I see two reasons why Tebow is such a Polarizing figure. Both of them have to do with way people are conditioned for the ordinary and how the unordinary makes them uncomfortable. When Tim Tebow unabashedly thanks His Lord and Savior, I think it makes some non-Christian people uncomfortable. They have been conditioned by the media to think that is politically incorrect to be so forwards about your Christian faith. And knowing that Tim Tebow is such an upstanding, good citizen with high morals and values perhaps makes them uncomfortable and feel judged about their own sinful life style devoid of giving any credit to God for anything. These same non-Christians, perhaps being ignorant about Tebow's Christian faith think he believes that God is favoring him over the other team and that's where he gives credit to the win. Of course that is not true - just the other day, Tebow said that Jesus didn't care who won or lost, but his detractors are confused by his faith and what he really means when he thanks God for his blessings. That's the first part:

The second part is that football fans, broadcasters and sports talk show pundits are conditioned to believe that a quarterback must look a certain way when he throws. Tebow is very unconventional looking before he releases the ball. When they see him struggle for 3 quarters, they conclude that he can't play quarterback - never mind the fact he always finds a way to win - and never mind the fact that the coaching staff really never designed an offense around him and gave him much practice throwing in his first three games. They plugged him in there because Orton couldn't win and now they are getting
more than they bargained for. Now, they have to consider that he is the future star of the team. Some say that Elway will never accept that. I don't know if that's true - whether or not they really have some inside information about Elway that I haven't heard or if it is just all imaginary. Yesterday on the Irv and Joe show, Joe Williams stated that he knows for a fact that Elway and Tebow won't both be here next year because Elway doesn't want him here. He had callers call in to vote over whether or not Elway should leave or Tebow. I don't understand where Joe Williams is getting his information. Could he be making it up just to fuel the controversy for interesting radio and how much of this really goes on with this issue?
It's really weird and hard to know.

But we do know that people get angry when their instincts are proven wrong - when the results don't meat the expectations they were conditioned for. They are offended and take it personal as if Tebow's only goal is to prove how wrong they are about football. So, it becomes their personal wish to see him fail. They'd rather be right about their football know-how and anti-religious views, then to see the Broncos win and watch a very good young man become an American hero.

If there is a third part to this, maybe some non-Christians are a little bit worried that God does have something to do with good things that happen to good people. It's like the boy who was bad before Christmas learning that he really does have to be good to get his Christmas presents from Santa.

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
But we do know that people get angry when their instincts are proven wrong - when the results don't meat the expectations they were conditioned for. They are offended and take it personal as if Tebow's only goal is to prove how wrong they are about football. So, it becomes their personal wish to see him fail. They'd rather be right about their football know-how and anti-religious views, then to see the Broncos win and watch a very good young man become an American hero.
Excellent analysis. :up:

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Don't look now but check out who is on the cover of this week's Sports Illustrated...

AgossHjCIAAZlpN.jpg

King cobra

DOCTA
LIFETIME MEMBER
This same principle most likely holds true in areas other than football. When a pro-abort tries to paint the pro-life movement with the broad brush of “Life is scared until you’re born,” and then proven so embarrassingly wrong by a popular figure, they are offended and may even take it personally as if Tebow’s only goal is to prove how wrong they are. They’d rather be right about their pro-life-Christian hatred than to see someone like Tim Tebow honor a young cancer patient on the red carpet, or build a hospital in a poor country, or care for orphans.

Granite

Hall of Fame
When a pro-abort tries to paint the pro-life movement with the broad brush of “Life is scared until you’re born...”

I'm not pro-abortion, and you've missed the point of that part of my signature.

Part of the issue, I think, with Tebow's most rabid fans is that they somehow interpret his success as a vindication of not only his faith, but their own. All due respect, folks, but it's just a game. It isn't a matter of theological dispute.

That said, I'm rooting against the guy this weekend, but I don't think my Pats prevail in Denver.

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
but I don't think my Pats prevail in Denver.
Really? Why?

I don't think the Broncos match up very well against the Patriots. Our defensive back field is extremely thin. Other than Champ and Dawkins (who is hurt), there isn't much to speak of. I think Brady will be able to rack up some points through the air.

The Broncos are super fun to watch with Tebow at the helm but they are still a year or two away from being a great team. I hate to bet against my Broncos but I see this one as being a little lopsided for New England.

King cobra

DOCTA
LIFETIME MEMBER
Part of the issue, I think, with Tebow's most rabid fans is that they somehow interpret his success as a vindication of not only his faith, but their own. All due respect, folks, but it's just a game. It isn't a matter of theological dispute.

His/our faith doesn't need vindication. It is refreshing to see a bold young man professing it through such a large open window. Daniel 6:10