• The rod and staff
  • The Bread of Heaven, the Finest of Wheat
  • The bread of grace at the table of mercy
He is Jesus, the Christ, the Son of Living God,
our Savior, Companion, Lord and King!

rocketman

Resident Rocket Surgeon
Hall of Fame
Is. 9:6 For to us a child is born, to us a son is given; and the government shall be on his shoulder: and his name shall be called Wonderful, Counselor, Mighty God, Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace.

Psalmist

Blessed is the man that......
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
The next day John saw Jesus coming toward him, and said, "Behold! The Lamb of God who takes away the sin of the world! John 1:29 For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life. John 3:16

But when the fullness of time had come, God sent his Son, born of a woman, born under the law, in order to redeem those who were under the law, so that we might receive adoption as children. Galatians 4:4-5​

rocketman

Resident Rocket Surgeon
Hall of Fame
Is. 43:11 I, even I, am Yahweh; and besides me there is no savior.

Hos. 13:4 “Yet I am Yahweh your God from the land of Egypt;
And you will know no god but me,
And besides me there is no savior.

Luke 1:47 My spirit has rejoiced in God my Savior,

Luke 2:11 For there is born to you, this day, in the city of David, a Savior, who is Christ the Lord.

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
The TheologyOnline.com TOPIC OF THE DAY for December 6th, 2012 11:39 AM

toldailytopic: Who was Jesus?

jesus.png

Take the topic above and run with it! Slice it, dice it, give us your general thoughts about it. Everyday there will be a new TOL Topic of the Day.
If you want to make suggestions for the Topic of the Day send a Tweet to @toldailytopic or @theologyonline or send it to us via Facebook.

Isa 11:1 And there shall come forth a rod out of the stem of Jesse, and a Branch shall grow out of his roots:
Isa 11:2 And the spirit of the LORD shall rest upon him, the spirit of wisdom and understanding, the spirit of counsel and might, the spirit of knowledge and of the fear of the LORD;
Isa 11:3 And shall make him of quick understanding in the fear of the LORD: and he shall not judge after the sight of his eyes, neither reprove after the hearing of his ears:
Isa 11:4 But with righteousness shall he judge the poor, and reprove with equity for the meek of the earth: and he shall smite the earth with the rod of his mouth, and with the breath of his lips shall he slay the wicked.
Isa 11:5 And righteousness shall be the girdle of his loins, and faithfulness the girdle of his reins.

godrulz

Hall of Fame
The biblical, historical, orthodox view is that Jesus is God Almighty, YHWH. He is not a created being. He is the God-Man, one person with two natures after the incarnation, but uncreated, eternal Creator before creation.

He is fully God/Deity, but He is not the Father. Father, Son, Holy Spirit are co-equal, co-essential, co-eternal.

He is not a mere mode of a solitary being (modalism/Oneness). He is not created (Arianism). He is not just a prophet (Islam). He is not one of many gods (Mormonism). He is not a Christ-spirit/consciousness (New Age, etc.).

John 1:1

Ktoyou

Hall of Fame
Would you expect a serious answer? HE IS GOD, the logos, with God, is God. The person of God who could do what God only could do, save us from ourselves.

Ktoyou

Hall of Fame
He is fully God/Deity, but He is not the Father. Father, Son, Holy Spirit are co-equal, co-essential, co-eternal.

One word monotheism.
Sometimes, this understanding upon men fails, the fist premise, God is one. Start there and the rest you say is more true, had you not co-opted a polytheistic allusion whereby those who are in darkness, remain so, forever, figuring out a false notion, the first Commandment seems in-congruent with the true Nature of God.

Who shall save them, if not Christ?

Now understand it. :cheers:

Ktoyou

Hall of Fame
Y'shua is the anointed vessel of the Lord, He was sent to preach good news to the poor, to bind up the brokenhearted, to proclaim freedom for the captives and release from darkness for the prisoners, to proclaim the year of the LORD's favor and the day of vengeance of our God, to comfort all who mourn, To appoint unto them that mourn in Zion, to give unto them beauty for ashes, the oil of joy for mourning, the garment of praise for the spirit of heaviness; that they might be called trees of righteousness, the planting of the LORD, that he might be glorified.

He is the Son of God and the Son of Man, Son of David a rabbi and healer of Israel (Messiah), the scriptures testify about Him, the light of the world.

keep shinin

jerm :cool:

You speak as if lost in the wilderness. Come out into the light! Typical, put the OT where YOU think it belongs, not where it belongs.

serpentdove

BANNED
Banned
The biblical, historical, orthodox view is that Jesus is God Almighty, YHWH. He is not a created being. He is the God-Man, one person with two natures after the incarnation, but uncreated, eternal Creator before creation.

He is not a mere mode of a solitary being (modalism/Oneness). He is not created (Arianism). He is not just a prophet (Islam). He is not one of many gods (Mormonism). He is not a Christ-spirit/consciousness (New Age, etc.).

If he does not change modes, why do you believe he could or would have sinned?

SD: “ Could he [Jesus] have sinned?
Godrulz: “I believe He could have, but did not…” link

Our God is holy (Ps 99:9, Is 5:16). He does not change (Mal 3:6).

What meaning do you pour into "God-Man"? :freak: Explain God's nature (Jn 1:1, Heb 4:15). :smokie:

We are sinners by birth and by practice (Ps 51:5). Jesus was not/is not. Christ died for the ungodly (Ro 5:6).

See:

Jesus Is God's Answer to Man's Disability by Adrian Rogers

Godrulz

Last edited:

jeremysdemo

jeremysdemo said:
Y'shua is the anointed vessel of the Lord, He was sent to preach good news to the poor, to bind up the brokenhearted, to proclaim freedom for the captives and release from darkness for the prisoners, to proclaim the year of the LORD's favor and the day of vengeance of our God, to comfort all who mourn, To appoint unto them that mourn in Zion, to give unto them beauty for ashes, the oil of joy for mourning, the garment of praise for the spirit of heaviness; that they might be called trees of righteousness, the planting of the LORD, that he might be glorified.

He is the Son of God and the Son of Man, Son of David a rabbi and healer of Israel (Messiah), the scriptures testify about Him, the light of the world.

keep shinin

jerm
You speak as if lost in the wilderness. Come out into the light! Typical, put the OT where YOU think it belongs, not where it belongs.

Isaiah would agree, considering the paragraph is his words :)

Jesus quoted them too, if that helps you any with your lost problem...

He certainly thought it belongs, sorry you disagree with him and sought after your own judgement instead.

if you want to be healed, you're going to have to let go of that. :idea: then maybe you will have something to say as far as "who was Jesus", eg. my healer, my redeemer, etc. I don't care if they ban me, someone had to Love you enough to tell you.

keep shinin

jerm :cool:

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Well, he isn't the one in the picture in Knight's question. He is God come in the flesh to minister to Israel. Since the question was asked in past tense. He is now changed to a glorified body, the head of all principality and power. He is the creator and savior of the world. And as some believers came to realized some time back, he will judge the living and the dead.