toldailytopic: Where should TOL go from here?

Status
Not open for further replies.

alwight

Probably a non-runner but I’d like to see an “un-holy” alliance with an atheist forum.
I was thinking perhaps of a sort of common combat room where those brave enough on either side could do battle with the “enemy” and be able to retreat to a safer place, perhaps for fresh ammo?

It would probably spice up one atheist forum I know.

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Probably a non-runner but I’d like to see an “un-holy” alliance with an atheist forum.
I was thinking perhaps of a sort of common combat room where those brave enough on either side could do battle with the “enemy” and be able to retreat to a safer place, perhaps for fresh ammo?

It would probably spice up one atheist forum I know.
Atheists are going to hell and I don't want them to. :(

Therefore I will never give any refuge to an atheist on this website (as long as I am in charge). It's never OK to make those going to hell feel like what they are doing is sanctioned in any way shape or form.

It's way more fun being in a relationship with the creator of the universe, you should try it and see. :up:

grit

I think we should get a goat.

Yeah, a goat would be nice.

Maybe a chatbot goat, sort of like a TOL mascot.

alwight

Atheists are going to hell and I don't want them to. :(

Therefore I will never give any refuge to an atheist on this website (as long as I am in charge). It's never OK to make those going to hell feel like what they are doing is sanctioned in any way shape or form.

It's way more fun being in a relationship with the creator of the universe, you should try it and see. :up:

Just a thought, pay it no heed.

Traditio

BANNED
Banned

No, no it isn't. It's very not fun being in a relationship with God. Being in a relationship with God means refusing to give in to the appetites, and means abstaining from certain pleasures. Being in a relationship with God is often painful. Was it fun for St. Stephen when the Jews stoned him to death? I imagine it was extremely not fun.

It's morally right to be in a relationship with God. It's good to be in a relationship with God. It is our duty, our obligation, a categorical imperative for us to be in a relationship with God. It's not fun, though, not by any means. :nono:

aSeattleConserv

BANNED
Banned
TheologyOnline.com has been around for over 13 years!!!

I would like to hear your ideas and suggestions as to the direction we should take from here.

- Stay the course?
- Add some marvelous new feature?
- Alter the spirit of the conversation in some way?
- Sell the site to somebody who would do a better job running the place?
- More cow bell?
- Shut the door and throw away the keys???

What are your thoughts and opinions?

If I may use the words of a 1992 Presidential candidate:

"[You should] use the bully pulpit of the Presidency of [Theologyonline.com], to the full extent of [your] powers and ability, to defend American traditions and the values of faith, family and country from any and all directions.
Together we will chase the purveyors of sex and violence back
beneath the rocks whence they came."

(So many atheists, so few rocks). :D

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
No, no it isn't. It's very not fun being in a relationship with God. Being in a relationship with God means refusing to give in to the appetites, and means abstaining from certain pleasures. Being in a relationship with God is often painful. Was it fun for St. Stephen when the Jews stoned him to death? I imagine it was extremely not fun.
You think that way because your theology is disastrously misguided. Christ is the ultimate liberty.

fool

Hall of Fame
Don't let it eat me. :)

We sent it to Africa.
Hefier International is a non profit that turns Dollars into animals in third world countries.
We bought a goat, which can be milked as well as making more goats, a couple years back.
I think it was like $150 er sumthin.
The waterbuffolo is $500.
Maybe it's time for another animal drive?

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
Who are you? :idunno:
Apparently she's the answer to: where is the precise center of the universe?

It is amazing how many clever comebacks you have to people who are not talking to you, Fuzzy Tiger.
You'd be surprised, if you surprise easily.
And, no, I have not said all over the place that I was leaving
You should read with a greater care...and speak with greater still.
Just like I wonder how often you have to insert yourself into someone else's conversation to get your chance to show off a quick wit.
It's called a forum. It's what one does. Else it's a PM.

:think: Perhaps you could try soliloquy.whocares.
I was talking to someone who was not you when you so brazenly butted in to be clever.
Poor thing. Did you survive it? Apparently. Or are you wounded and dying remarkably slowly? And if so where should we send flowers?
Maybe you are not fuzzy, Tiger? Maybe you are mangy?
Maybe the sky's a blue ribbon and the sun a hook.
Maybe you need to get yourself right.
Ladies first... :plain:

I will shut up and go work like fool said to do.
But of course you will. God's speed and best of luck to you.

:e4e:

fool

Hall of Fame
You think that way because your theology is disastrously misguided. Christ is the ultimate liberty.

Why are you guys disagreeing when you have the same God?
Why don't you both go to Him with the question and let Him settle it?
And then come back and tells us what He said, with video.

fool

Hall of Fame
It's more of an in-your-face book.

Ah, The Book of Mormon, they're pretty "in your face" but the Jehovahs Witnesses got the door bell ringing thing down solid.
What about the Muslims? They're pretty "in your face" example;
World Trade Center
Used to be there.
Not there anymore.

Evoken

I think TOL has come along rather nicely over the years and things have certainly improved overtime. As far improvements and new ideas go, here are couple I can think of:

- More sub-forums: I think it would be nice to open up some more sub-forums to better store and classify threads. The "...and The Rest" forum could have sub-forums for things like music, movies, games, science, etc and the religion forum could be divided into sub-forums as well and include things like the safe havens recommended previously.

- Social Groups: I know we have this already, but they could be brought a bit more into the foreground to make them seem more relevant and encourage people to participate in them. Adding notifications via email or the User CP of new posts in the groups and the option to customize their look would be nice as well.

- TOL Arcade: A section with mini games and user rankings. I have seen it implemented on several forums and the members seem to enjoy it.

- TOL Marketplace: A place for members to put items for sale and for other members to comment about or buy them. It could include pictures of the item and a brief description with the price.

- A Library: Also have seen this implemented in other sites, either in the form of a section or a whole forum. The idea with it is to store material on any given subject in the form of articles or electronic books for easy search and reference or just to share information with others. It could have sub-forums or sections with specific categories.

- Forum Styles: I think it would be nice to have some additional forum styles.

Evo

Status
Not open for further replies.