toldailytopic: What methods/tools/weapons do you use for home defense?

aCultureWarrior

BANNED
Banned
LIFETIME MEMBER
I'm a liberal that is just asking to be burglarized or robbed. I have a sign in my front window that says:

"This house is gun free".

One In Christ

When my kids were born, I got rid of my shotgun. Now I resort to harsh language and the skillful use of various kitchen implements.

Gaudium de veritate,

Cruciform
+T+

I can see you running around with an egg beater screaming profanities and yelling out "Already answered HERE!!!"

Ktoyou

Hall of Fame
Does this mean also when you are home?

Where I live, no one does any harm when one is home. I have one neighbour who shoots off at least 300 rounds each time and does it several days a week. It must be a 7.62X39, Chinese junk rounds, but lethal just the same. Then there is another neighbour who shoots a big gun, quite often and my closest neighbour shoots squirrels in the many all season long, he is 76 and has a crossbow for deer.

Why would someone come and break in here, oh yes, suicide, that would be one reason, have someone else do the dirty work.

I am not up to shooting anymore, but I can if I have to and there is no thought process involved, all that happens after the fact; I would have to call the sheriff, maybe spend a little time answering questions?

I hope it never happens, but I would rather live where the bad folks know to stay away than to live where the criminal has less fear.

TomO

Get used to it.
Hall of Fame
I have one neighbour who shoots off at least 300 rounds each time and does it several days a week. It must be a 7.62X39, Chinese junk rounds, but lethal just the same.

Actually, currently that stuff mostly seems to be coming from Eastern Europe/Russia...

...'jus sayin'. ;)

rexlunae

I think the Katana is about as good of a sword as there is.

Oh, any sword I get is likely to be a katana or something very similar. I might get an actual Korean jingum, if I can find one, but that may be a challenge. That's what I have training in. I'd also like to add a wakizashi at some point, but I need to learn to use it first.

What I mean is, the Tactical is a pretty cheap blade, made of brittle steal. It's probably made from a recycled automotive suspension. It's the same grade of steel. I'd like something that does a better job holding a sharp edge eventually.

Nice work on not calling it a samurai, which is a job title.

Indeed.

:e4e:

Vaquero45

Hall of Fame
The TheologyOnline.com TOPIC OF THE DAY for July 12th, 2012 09:35 AM

toldailytopic: What methods/tools/weapons do you use for home defense?

best-home-defense-shotgun-1.jpg

Take the topic above and run with it! Slice it, dice it, give us your general thoughts about it. Everyday there will be a new TOL Topic of the Day.
If you want to make suggestions for the Topic of the Day send a Tweet to @toldailytopic or @theologyonline or send it to us via Facebook.

Not like I think about it much, but I have a coachgun next to my bed with shells in the nightstand drawer, and often a .357 in there. I should keep my shotgun belt hanging on the gun, then I could throw it over my shoulder for ammo. I learned to load/reload a coachgun fast shooting cowboy action.