toldailytopic: What can be done to help prevent the epidemic of school shootings?

noguru

so you expect cw to be as clever and smooth as town?

Smooth? I don't know if that is a good decription. Perhaps tactful and erudite at the same time is a better description. But no, I do not expect all people to have those qualities.

Now clever would be an expectation of someone who claims to be clever. But generally I try to keep my expectations of other people to a minimum as I think George Carlin makes a good point in that regard when he said;

If you find yourself being consistently dissapointed in other people, then LOWER YOUR EXPECTATIONS!

I don't
and
I have a lot of experience with attacks by town

I am sorry you feel that way. I have not had the same experience with him. In fact the few times that TH and I did have heated debates, he was quite gracious towards me when I was obviously inaccurate in my claims.

so
I just put him on ignore because I am not as clever and smooth as he is
and
he does not give up until you do

I have never put anyone on ignore. I do not think it helps me to understand differing views if the computer is deciding for me which posts I should ignore based on the user name. Even with people that I generally ignore on my own, I at least start to read their threads. Just to see if they have something of value to say in the new post.

noguru

so once you give in everything is okay?

That is not what I said. In fact, I think TH has conceded to my point more often than the reverse when our views have differed extensively. Or he at least acknowledged that I was either being more concise, addressing an aspect he missed, and/or acquiesced in some manner or another. And just so you know I do not agree with him on a few things, though he has helped me to understand the opposing opinion on those matters better than most people.

My response was to show how he treats me when I have been in error. It was not meant to say that I am always the one in error.

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
You make yourself look like a five star idiot when you can't spell the word STAR. Four letters not five, no T. And I am sure you made the same criticism of TH when he refers to me as a man. Hypocrite.
I don't refer to you as a man. There was a period where you were asked and before the husband remarks where I didn't know. Your username isn't exactly a clue and your uniformly negative remarks when using a feminine reference led me to believe you might be. But feel free to quote the last time I seemed the least bit confused on that point.

As to the theology comment, it was a reasonable inference. All you said was "I got my P.h.D. from Denver Seminary." Now they may offer one in truck driving or anthropology, but that would be a point for you to stipulate. The inference was reasonable one, though believing your credentials is another matter.

...You know he has a group of morons that jump in and support him no matter how many lies he tells
I've never lied here. I don't care for liars. Your problem is you can't distinguish a lie from a mistake or even a reasonable inference (supra). Or is it that you just don't want to?

He mocks me, yet knows nothing about me
I know what you do and how you are here. That's what I've mocked and unapologetically. That methodology of yours is what sent you packing on at least one occasion.

You kind of have the cart before the horse. TH jumped me when I joined, and has continued on without pause,
I took strong exception to your treatment of the theater shootings, of how you cast shame on the victims, some of whom died shielding others. Yes. It was loathsome. And you were unrepentant and relentless in your derision for those victims.

he will never walk away from a fight and never get blamed for it
People should be blamed for doing what the forum was designed to facilitate? :plain:

or reported
Never had an infraction. The rules aren't that hard to follow. I've had strong disagreements that went against the tide around here and managed it without violating the rules.

something he does quite well
You know what's funny? You put me on ignore and here you are. :D

I appreciate the consideration, nog, but you're wasting time on those two. Chrys is just trying to do what he can to snipe without having to engage me and CW is loopy enough to call me a liar for assuming her purported doctorate from a seminary was in theology. :plain:

Lastly, fool being called a sock puppet of mine was a very funny way for CW to illustrate my point about her fundamental irrationality where I'm concerned.

Last edited:

Christ's Word

I don't refer to you as a man. There was a period where you were asked and before the husband remarks where I didn't know. Your username isn't exactly a clue and your uniformly negative remarks when using a feminine reference led me to believe you might be. But feel free to quote the last time I seemed the least bit confused on that point.

As to the theology comment, it was a reasonable inference. All you said was "I got my P.h.D. from Denver Seminary." Now they may offer one in truck driving or anthropology, but that would be a point for you to stipulate. The inference was reasonable one, though believing your credentials is another matter.

I've never lied here. I don't care for liars. Your problem is you can't distinguish a lie from a mistake or even a reasonable inference (supra). Or is it that you just don't want to?

I know what you do and how you are here. That's what I've mocked and unapologetically. That methodology of yours is what sent you packing on at least one occasion.

I took strong exception to your treatment of the theater shootings, of how you cast shame on the victims, some of whom died shielding others. Yes. It was loathsome. And you were unrepentant and relentless in your derision for those victims.

People should be blamed for doing what the forum was designed to facilitate? :plain:

Never had an infraction. The rules aren't that hard to follow. I've had strong disagreements that went against the tide around here and managed it without violating the rules.

You know what's funny? You put me on ignore and here you are. :D

I appreciate the consideration, nog, but you're wasting time on those two. Chrys is just trying to do what he can to snipe without having to engage me and CW is loopy enough to call me a liar for assuming her purported doctorate from a seminary was in theology. :plain:

Lastly, fool being called a sock puppet of mine was a very funny way for CW to illustrate my point about her fundamental irrationality where I'm concerned.

Yet another pack of lies, rationalizations, and weak attempts at manipulations. You are a joke, you claim to know what education people have that you have never met, then call your lies when busted a "reasonable inference".

You were busted red handed as a liar and a manipulator, and anyone who gives you any credibility allies with a someone who's father is the father of lies. You knew exactly what you were doing, you just got caught this time punk.

Christ's Word

Though I do think he is more thorough than most people in regard to looking at both sides of most issues.

Well, that sure explains his lies about Denver Seminary, and Denver University. You must be delusional. Thorough???? Really????? Thanks for bolstering my case about how manipulative he is. Next you will be telling us his lies are "reasonable inferences"?:kookoo:

Just how arrogant do you have to be to think you can know off of the top of your head what degree programs a University offers?

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
Well, that sure explains his lies about Denver Seminary, and Denver University.
He can't explain what doesn't exist. I never told a lie. You noted taking a doctorate from Denver Seminary. You didn't qualify it and I assumed you meant a theological degree.

What keeps getting lost in this bizarre misstatement of yours is that any reading of my response should have ended with you or anyone else understanding that I didn't find that claim credible. The particular doctorate you laid claim to was of no particular importance given that particular belief, but it was a reasonable assumption prior to that objection nonetheless.

You must be delusional.
Oh why not just go with your usual and call him a coward then speculate about his sexuality. :plain:

Thorough???? Really?????
Sure, on any issue where I hold an opinion. For instance, having read a great deal of your raving, from your opening defamation of the dead in that theater shooting a while back to this absurd accusation about lying, I'm thoroughly convinced that you have serious problems and impulse control issues and I'm reasonably certain you don't hold a doctorate from any university, state sponsored or no.

Thanks for bolstering my case about how manipulative he is. Next you will be telling us his lies are "reasonable inferences"?:kookoo:
It was a reasonable inference tied to a scoffing rejection.

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
Yet another pack of lies,
Not a single lie in there and I challenge you, as I have repeatedly, to sustain through my writing a single instance where I have knowingly uttered a falsity. You can't and you won't.

You are a joke, you claim to know what education people have that you have never met,
No, I don't claim to know. But any posturing, tin hat wearing lunatic can claim to be a Congressman and may well be. I reserve the right to examine the claim and the likelihood of it being reasonably true or not. So when someone claims to offer mental health counselling and to write prescriptions (can non physicians do that?) rants and raves and generally conducts herself like someone who may be in or need such treatment...

You were busted red handed as a liar
See, you don't sound rational or old enough to hold any degree with that sort of nonsense. Busted? :chuckle: At worst I would have been mistaken on the point. Reasonably mistaken but mistaken, had I believed it, which I frankly didn't and don't. Beyond that I'd have had to repeat it in the face of your qualification for it to have ever have been considered a lie.

It's odd that someone claiming to hold a doctorate level education doesn't own a dictionary or a proper understanding of what consitutes a lie.

and a manipulator, and anyone who gives you any credibility allies with a someone who's father is the father of lies.
And then to go further and claim a connection between the devil and anyone who...you're just a nut, aren't you. :plain:

You knew exactly what you were doing,
Yes, though between us I'm apparently the only one who did and does.

you just got caught this time punk.
No, Mrs. Eastwood. You're mistaken. :e4e:

Christ's Word

Another ton of garbage rationalizations, how you say so much and yet nothing true, what a punk. You must be lawyer, only a lawyer could be so dishonest.

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
Apparently squabbling about who's a liar and who's not a liar helps in some way. :idunno:
We aren't squabbling. She's accusing and I'm taking batting practice. Apparently you believe offering a less than accurate commentary on that, off the OP, is less objectionable?

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
Another ton of garbage rationalizations, how you say so much and yet nothing true, what a punk.
As I've said, for someone who loves to bandy the word coward around you run from every single challenge and hide behind this sort of name calling in lieu of what you can't do, which is sustain your accusations rationally.

:e4e:

Christ's Word

We aren't squabbling. She's accusing and I'm taking batting practice. Apparently you believe offering a less than accurate commentary on that, off the OP, is less objectionable?

Everyone knows you are a liar and a manipulator, though few here will admit it publicly. You are just a coward that hides behind your keyboard, and has nothing of any consequence to do with your life. Just a washed up retired old fool that has more estrogen then testosterone.

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
Everyone knows you are a liar and a manipulator,
Well, no. And you know that's not true, ironically enough.

though few here will admit it publicly.
I'm sure a few would love to, but they run into the same problem you do: you can't do more than claim it. You will never find a point in any of the twenty thousand plus posts where I have knowingly written a false statement. And my challenge on that point remains.

You are just a coward that hides behind your keyboard,
As opposed to? We're all sitting behind keyboards. And given I haven't run from sustaining any point I've ever made, beans.

Just a washed up retired old fool that has more estrogen then testosterone.
Well, no. I'm not retired, old or testosterone challenged. That's just you being you and making a great many of my points against you in the process.

:e4e:

resurrected

BANNED
Banned
The TheologyOnline.com TOPIC OF THE DAY for December 14th, 2012 10:15 AM

toldailytopic: What can be done to help prevent the epidemic of school shootings?

Evangelism: Jesus is the answer for the world today.

Only days before Christmas.

This is an incredibly tragic day. I grieve for those children, those parents, those families, the teachers, the community.

Eternal rest grant unto them, O Lord; and let perpetual light shine upon them. May they rest in peace. Amen.

I just heard about this. Words cannot express.....:( :sigh:

God bless and comfort the families of those who remain behind to mourn and to grieve.

Thank God for His comfort.

It makes me want to hold onto my children and never let go. Not realistic, but that is how I feel nevertheless.

I want to thank the posters in this thread with the maturity to stay on topic and give the subject matter the respect it deserves.

God bless the grieving and comfort them.

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
I want to thank the posters in this thread with the maturity to stay on topic and give the subject matter the respect it deserves.
While I think you're wrong in your description of my defending myself from charges that aren't sustainable, I do think your point has some merit.

I can get caught up in dealing with someone like CW and lose sight of what's more important. Also, I recognize that there's no real point in pursuing that for any length of time given the outcome.

That said, I entered this thread agreeing with anna and Knight and, in the spirit of the OP offered a reasoned solution, one designed to lessen the likelihood of this sort of tragedy repeating. I should have ignored CW and I did leave the thread for a while, only to find her going on and on and nog trying to talk her into a more reasoned response. I thought that warranted a response, but I should have let it go thereafter.

So while I can't say I agree with you entirely, you aren't without a point and I appreciate it.

Edit:

But then you:

Originally Posted by gcthomas
Here in the UK we have mentally ill people on medication

Originally Posted by fool
I think some of them post here.

So I have to wonder...how does that stay

on topic and give the subject matter the respect it deserves
?

Last edited:

resurrected

BANNED
Banned
This:

I have heard the President and a dozen media reporters all say... "go home and hug your children." And while that's never bad advice you shouldn't stop there.

Hug your children and tell them...
- That life is sacred.
- Tell them they are not just animals that evolved from slime.
- Tell them that they were created by a loving God who gave them a spirit and a soul.
- Tell them there are eternal consequences for our actions here on earth.
- Tell them that God loves them and wants them to love Him in return.
- Tell them that it's wrong to kill innocent children, even children still in the womb.
- Tell them that life has purpose and meaning greater than the current events surrounding their life.
- Tell them that we should love God, family, and our neighbors, and that we should care for other people around us.
- Tell them that God doesn't orchestrate wicked events and that God grieves with us when people do wicked things.
- Tell them that there IS such a thing as right and wrong and that morality doesn't come from our wicked society but from God Himself.
- Tell them that God loves us so much He sent His only Son to die on the cross so that we could live.
- Tell them that God gave parents the responsibility to love our own children they way He loves us.
- Tell them that you love them and make sure they understand what that means.

So yes hug your children.... but don't stop there.

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
I agree. But I think given I conceded what appeared to be the thrust of your point, how do you reconcile your indirect criticism of my distraction with your own following "Lol" and reposting of comments that didn't in any part, to quote you,

stay on topic and give the subject matter the respect it deserves

Your stepping around that and that post seems a little hypocritical and leads me to wonder if your problem was with that distraction or just a vehicle for launching a criticism. I don't mean to by cynical on the point, but your silence encourages it.