toldailytopic: The feminist movement.

Status
Not open for further replies.

bybee

Well

Well

Murdering catholic priests by the thousand, Jews by the millions isn't how the Nazi's define themselves. And you ignore how right wingers define themselves and put on your own label. So why are you concerned with what image they want to portray?

But lets play along. You hav ovaries and are equal to a woman? :mock: granite

Not being equal does not mean one has more vaule than the other.

Human beings are not to be valued based on equality of anything except in treatment by the justice system and opportunity to utilize their time talent and money as they see fit. The freedom to vote isn't based on equality of persons but on equality of opportunity.
A man cannot become pregnant and give birth to a baby. He needs to make himself very necessary to the mother of his child or he becomes :think:

taikoo

Well if we define "feminism" as an attempt to maintain and achieve gender equality, I can't see how anyone in their right mind would necessarily oppose it.

Oh, you know, an awful lot of guys oppose women's rights because they perceive that it is to their advantage to be the oppressor.

Arthur Brain

What's this got to do with anything? So there's people who don't understand what the term 'suffrage' means while being "interviewed" by some annoying bloke in a supermarket. And? That has zero to do with how or why the movement actually got started

Actually, it is the lesbos and zealots that are the push, not just a small exception.

Well, I imagine you'd probably consider any woman who dared to presume she was equal to men a *zealot* so this isn't saying anything.

Partly true. You want a job go get one. A man that stays at home and doesn't provide is a godless wuss and needs to put on his man pants. You got that part wrong.

"Man pants"? :squint: Are those the ones made out of fibre glass? Of course in 'macho land' it probably is wussy to be looking after the children and cooking meals etc. Oh, and of course anyone can just walk into a job nowadays as well...:rolleyes:

Then why are the feminist leaders so entrenched in another womans "choice"?

What do you mean by being "entrenched" in another woman's choice exactly?

Oh, and here's another vid that for some reason reminds me of your good self...

:e4e:

Last edited:

BabyChristian

And having the democrat call the republican a "whore" and is backing up that statement still, and absolutely no woman feminist has come to the aid proves it has nothing to do with the treatment of women, chyrsostom is right for once.

Men are inferior. Case closed.

Men should not speak in church.

Eve was deceived, Adam made an informed decision.

:chuckle:

vegascowboy

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Well if we define "feminism" as an attempt to maintain and achieve gender equality, I can't see how anyone in their right mind would necessarily oppose it.

Since when was there equality?

Ever heard of WET (White Entertainment Television)?

Probably not, but I'll bet you've heard of BET.

What would happen today if I started WET?

I'd be acused of all sorts of hateful things.

I see your point, though...sorry, not meaning to give you a hard time...your comment just made me think of that.

Granite

Hall of Fame

Since Cain shared his veggies with Abel and they lived happily ever after.:crackup:

Probably not, but I'll bet you've heard of BET.

Are you a member of a minority, Vegas? Or are you one of those white heterosexual American dudes who feels like he is? Serious question.

I'd ask why you felt there was a need, considering the predominance of programming and overall entertainment that panders to and seeks to attract a largely white audience. What exactly is the problem?

vegascowboy

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Since Cain shared his veggies with Abel and they lived happily ever after.:crackup:

Now let's not go reading veganism into historical writings. :nono:

Are you a member of a minority, Vegas?

I am a member of a minority (seemingly) who finds not a small amount of irony in the hypocrisy of the very existence of that channel.

Or are you one of those white heterosexual American dudes who feels like he is? Serious question.

I am not a respecter of persons, I am a respecter of actions. Black, white, yellow, brown, purple...I really couldn't care any less than I do. I trust everyone implicitly until and if they give me substantial reason not to.

I'd ask why you felt there was a need, considering the predominance of programming and overall entertainment that panders to and seeks to attract a largely white audience. What exactly is the problem?

The dichotomy is the problem. This isn't a matter of predominance. It's the same fallacy that exists with the "need" for Affirmative Action.

Do you think that eyebrows would be raised if a person started a Chinese Entertainment Television channel? or a Native American Television channel? Probably not.

A White Entertainment Television channel, however, would certainly get the Whoopi's and the Joy's and the Ellen's of the world up in arms.

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
In what respect? Under the law? It's iffy, though the idea was in play with our founding. Unfortunately, getting from there to the practical, day in and out variety has been a work in progress.

Had to change the next order. No content was harmed in the remaking of this post.
...I'll bet you've heard of BET.
Sure.

Ever heard of WET (White Entertainment Television)?
Sure, though we mostly call it EVERY OTHER NETWORK. :chuckle:

What would happen today if I started WET?
You'd end up with a large number of angry, disappointed, teen age boys flooding your switchboard with complaints. Also, I'd imagine, a few t-shirt companies.

Kids. Go figure. The problem with your foundation is the need to identify for the majority, who control the majority of what is consumed by virtue of their status. Given that redundancy people would rather naturally suspect something else was in play. When the majority behaves like a minority it's usually at the extremes--say, the Klan or the WWF. :plain:

I see your point, though...sorry, not meaning to give you a hard time...your comment just made me think of that.
He can have that effect on a person if they aren't careful. :D

WizardofOz

Did it ever occur to you that I can intentionally avoid that?

You would avoid marriage or just avoid marrying a woman because she happens to make more than you?

Which sounds like it could be a woman who happens to grab the big cup before you can get to it. Just kidding just kidding :D

Lighthouse

The Dark Knight
Gold Subscriber
Hall of Fame
You would avoid marriage or just avoid marrying a woman because she happens to make more than you?

Which sounds like it could be a woman who happens to grab the big cup before you can get to it. Just kidding just kidding :D
I would avoid getting married before I can provide for my family.

aSeattleConserv

BANNED
Banned
Oh, you know, an awful lot of guys oppose women's rights because they perceive that it is to their advantage to be the oppressor.

I was just reading this tribute to Barbara Billingsley who played June Cleaver in the TV show "Leave it to Beaver":

As June Cleaver, Billingsley was the personification of an Eisenhower-era stay-at-home mom — at least one residing in fictional Mayfield, U.S.A.: a mild-mannered, perfectly coiffed housewife who typically wore dresses, high heels and a strand of white pearls even while vacuuming or baking cookies for her boys.

"She was the ideal mother," Billingsley said of her character in 1997 in TV Guide. "Some people think she was weakish, but I don't. She was the love in that family. She set a good example for what a wife could be. I had two boys at home when I did the show. I think the character became kind of like me and vice versa. I've never known where one started and where one stopped."

Yeah, "some people" like NOW feminists think that staying at home and raising children to become responsible adults is "weakish".

Granite

Hall of Fame
I was just reading this tribute to Barbara Billingsley who played June Cleaver in the TV show "Leave it to Beaver":

As June Cleaver, Billingsley was the personification of an Eisenhower-era stay-at-home mom — at least one residing in fictional Mayfield, U.S.A.: a mild-mannered, perfectly coiffed housewife who typically wore dresses, high heels and a strand of white pearls even while vacuuming or baking cookies for her boys.

"She was the ideal mother," Billingsley said of her character in 1997 in TV Guide. "Some people think she was weakish, but I don't. She was the love in that family. She set a good example for what a wife could be. I had two boys at home when I did the show. I think the character became kind of like me and vice versa. I've never known where one started and where one stopped."

Yeah, "some people" like NOW feminists think that staying at home and raising children to become responsible adults is "weakish".

You realize you just quoted a working mother to make your point, right?

Status
Not open for further replies.