toldailytopic: The feminist movement.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
And having the democrat call the republican a "whore" and is backing up that statement still, and absolutely no woman feminist has come to the aid proves it has nothing to do with the treatment of women, chyrsostom is right for once.

WizardofOz

A man that stays at home and doesn't provide is a godless wuss and needs to put on his man pants.

Hypothetical:

You have a job that earns $35k/year.
Your wife has a job that earns $60k/year.

She gets pregnant. Neither of you wants to utilize daycare and/or daycare would be more expensive than one of you staying at home.

Who stays home and who keeps working, and why?

The femists push it and try to make it a man versus women debate by only putting Bob Enyart or Rush Limbaugh on the air against abortion, and not the women. That isn't an accident.

So, the feminists control the media too?

And having the democrat call the republican a "whore" and is backing up that statement still, and absolutely no woman feminist has come to the aid proves it has nothing to do with the treatment of women, chyrsostom is right for once.

But, that's not what happened. NOW defended "the republican".

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
Meg Whitman.
I've heard the illegal immigrant employee/spending on campaign flack and heard the attacks on her flip on immigration (she now criticizes Arizona's crackdown and is quietly taking exception to Proposition 187, some say in an attempt to court the Hispanic vote). What, specifically, have been the gender related comments?

Palin is another example.
Examples? I've heard her competence challenged, seen her called on quiting the one elective office halfway through it, but nothing gender specific. Quotes? Examples?

Do you watch the news? I thought not. :chuckle:
It's so hard to find any these days. Most of the news channels spend the majority of their time with agenda friendly pundits of one stripe or another.

Haven't you noticed that women's is not a word?
Except that it is...women's groups is exactly right.

I didn't know that until I joined this place. Women is already plural without the added s at the end.
:squint: :nono: That's good for number, but not for possession.

BabyChristian

I've heard the illegal immigrant employee/spending on campaign flack and heard the attacks on her flip on immigration (she now criticizes Arizona's crackdown and is quietly taking exception to Proposition 187, some say in an attempt to court the Hispanic vote). What, specifically, have been the gender related comments?

Examples? I've heard her competence challenged, seen her called on quiting the one elective office halfway through it, but nothing gender specific. Quotes? Examples?

It's so hard to find any these days. Most of the news channels spend the majority of their time with agenda friendly pundits of one stripe or another.

Except that it is...women's groups is exactly right.

:squint: :nono: That's good for number, but not for possession.

Yeah! I've heard too!!!!!!!!!!!!!

this and that and that and this.

Am I really here typing this?

Where's my rep points you promised me?

Otherwise I do not exist.

Lighthouse

The Dark Knight
Gold Subscriber
Hall of Fame
On what grounds should a divorce be granted; minimally speaking?
Adultery and/or abuse.

Women shouldn't work?
They shouldn't have to. We, as men, should stand up, and be men, and support our wives & daughters.

Do you have a problem with equality?
Equality's not the problem.

But if you want to argue about it, just remember that women still make 70 cents for every dollar a man makes, and that's not fair. That only leaves the men with thirty cents.*

*Bo Burnham

WizardofOz

They shouldn't have to. We, as men, should stand up, and be men, and support our wives & daughters

OK, let's say that you have a wife and 2 daughters. How much income do you think you need in order to support them?

Hypothetically speaking, obviously.

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Hypothetical:

It ends a hypothetical because how many women marry "down a notch".

She gets pregnant. Neither of you wants to utilize daycare and/or daycare would be more expensive than one of you staying at home.

What part of he needs to put on his man pants and do something productive besides stock shelves, or whatever 35k is, do you not get?

But, that's not what happened. NOW defended "the republican".

I would say there is no defending the RNC, but you already know that. But as an individual, she does not prostitute herself.

Lighthouse

The Dark Knight
Gold Subscriber
Hall of Fame
OK, let's say that you have a wife and 2 daughters. How much income do you think you need in order to support them?

Hypothetically speaking, obviously.
At this point I don't know. It is not something I currently have reason about which to be concerned.

As my roommate is currently without a job I am more concerned with supporting myself at this point. And I certainly should not get married at this juncture. It wouldn't be prudent.

WizardofOz

Plenty of women make more than their spouse. Want to address that or not?

What part of he needs to put on his man pants and do something productive besides stock shelves, or whatever 35k is, do you not get?

Just that easy, right?

"What the hell, I think I'll put on my man pants today and go get that 60k job I've always been putting off". - Former shelf stocker

I would say there is no defending the RNC, but you already know that. But as an individual, she does not prostitute herself.

I don't think you have a clue what was said to whom or who defending whom.

I could be wrong of course......I guess it depends on what you think a "political whore" has to do with prostitution.

I'm sure there are a lot of prostitutes that follow politics pretty closely.;)
At this point I don't know. It is not something I currently have reason about which to be concerned.

As my roommate is currently without a job I am more concerned with supporting myself at this point. And I certainly should not get married at this juncture. It wouldn't be prudent.

Do you think there is a chance that if/when you get married that your wife could possibly be making more than you?

Tyrathca

I guess female doctors will have to only marry doctors, well earning lawyers and the such. No engineers, office workers, labourers for them. Couldn't have them marry "down a notch" could we?
If it is so easy and everyone goes out and does it, who then will do the 35k jobs?

zoo22

Haven't you noticed that women's is not a word? I didn't know that until I joined this place. Women is already plural without the added s at the end.

:plain:

Woman, "women's" is possessive and is definitely proper grammar!

"Wimmensfolks" however, isn't a word.

As far as feminism, there are many, many different forms, and feminist movements have changed drastically throughout history. It's silly to try to wrap "feminism" all up into one kit & kaboodle and say it's "this" or "that." That's like wrapping all "conservatives" into one simple kit & kaboodle, and I'm sure most here can understand that's futile to try to do (of course, folks can do it with liberals, but that's a different story, as we liberals are all exactly the same).

ragTagblues

Hypothetical:

Who stays home and who keeps working, and why?

A former colleague of mine is in a similar situation and has been happily for the last five years.

He re-married and had two more kids, when they came along he quit his job as a surveyor earning a decent living and took up a job that was practically slave labour because it offered him the flexibility of looking after his kids.

His wife currently earns a very hansom living working for the council and has recently been promoted with a wage increase, she is the main earner of the two and has a lot less flexibility in her work. So he finishes work everyday at 2 o'clock to pick his kids up from school take them home and look after them.

He freely admits that his income is disposable and that his wife is in charge of all things financial, as he is quite useless with such things, his wife runs the household.

Yet he is no less a man for this situation. In fact I would say he is a prime example of one, someone willing to put aside his comfortable career and financial security in order to look after his kids. He has stepped up and been the man of the situation by taking the harder path and making the compromise.

The beauty of the situation as he sees it, is that it has been allowed to see his kids growing up again and give him a second chance to do it right this time. You only have to speak of his kids to see how much they mean to him and how happy he is to be what is effectively the house husband.

bybee

Common sense

Common sense

:plain:

Woman, "women's" is possessive and is definitely proper grammar!

"Wimmensfolks" however, isn't a word.

As far as feminism, there are many, many different forms, and feminist movements have changed drastically throughout history. It's silly to try to wrap "feminism" all up into one kit & kaboodle and say it's "this" or "that." That's like wrapping all "conservatives" into one simple kit & kaboodle, and I'm sure most here can understand that's futile to try to do (of course, folks can do it with liberals, but that's a different story, as we liberals are all exactly the same).

A very sensible response! However, labels are not people. And people are more than labels.
The people I admire are willing to do what it takes to survive while maintaining their integrity.

aSeattleConserv

BANNED
Banned
It's rather obvious that women's organizations such as NOW are just ultra-left-wing politically organizations that really don't care about women. They just care about advancing the liberal agenda.

Every political movement has it's roots.

In a recent book, Red Feminism: American Communism and the Making of Women's Liberation, (2002) feminist historian Kate Weigand states: "ideas, activists and traditions that emanated from the Communist movement of the forties and fifties continued to shape the direction of the new women's movement of the 1960s and later."
http://www.jesus-is-savior.com/Evils in America/Feminism/american_communism_and_feminism.htm

When all else fails, just ask a feminist:

"So I thought I would write you, for Women's History Month, the story of a little known connection between the Women's Liberation Movement in this country and the Russian Revolution. I am grateful to editor Stephanie Poggi for encouragement for this memoir for our Library's 30th anniversary year, written in the month of February, 1998, the 150-year anniversary of the Communist Manifesto."
http://www.ncmdr.org/whm98.html

Granite

Hall of Fame
Well if we define "feminism" as an attempt to maintain and achieve gender equality, I can't see how anyone in their right mind would necessarily oppose it.

WizardofOz

It's rather obvious that women's organizations such as NOW are just ultra-left-wing politically organizations that really don't care about women. They just care about advancing the liberal agenda.
Every political movement has it's roots.

In a recent book, Red Feminism: American Communism and the Making of Women's Liberation, (2002) feminist historian Kate Weigand states: "ideas, activists and traditions that emanated from the Communist movement of the forties and fifties continued to shape the direction of the new women's movement of the 1960s and later."
http://www.jesus-is-savior.com/Evils in America/Feminism/american_communism_and_feminism.htm

When all else fails, just ask a feminist:

"So I thought I would write you, for Women's History Month, the story of a little known connection between the Women's Liberation Movement in this country and the Russian Revolution. I am grateful to editor Stephanie Poggi for encouragement for this memoir for our Library's 30th anniversary year, written in the month of February, 1998, the 150-year anniversary of the Communist Manifesto."
http://www.ncmdr.org/whm98.html

Those cut and pastes are really going to get the dialogue rolling between Knight and yourself.......

Any minute now......

Wait for it.......

Wait for it......

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Well if we define "feminism" as an attempt to maintain and achieve gender equality, I can't see how anyone in their right mind would necessarily oppose it.

Murdering catholic priests by the thousand, Jews by the millions isn't how the Nazi's define themselves. And you ignore how right wingers define themselves and put on your own label. So why are you concerned with what image they want to portray?

But lets play along. You hav ovaries and are equal to a woman? :mock: granite

Not being equal does not mean one has more vaule than the other.

Status
Not open for further replies.