toldailytopic: The feminist movement.

Status
Not open for further replies.

WizardofOz

Without the feminist movement women would still be deprived of the right to vote and likely be expected to be tied to the sink.

Granted there's zealous elements that go way overboard but in principle equality is a right which women should have had before the emancipation movement even got started.

There's nothing wrong with women in the workforce and there's also such a thing as 'stay at home dads'.

Abortion and divorce are not directly tied to women having equality. That's a lame argument. They existed prior and the latter is hardly a clear cut issue anyway.

:first:

John Mortimer

Without the feminist movement women would still be deprived of the right to vote and likely be expected to be tied to the sink.

Granted there's zealous elements that go way overboard but in principle equality is a right which women should have had before the emancipation movement even got started.

There's nothing wrong with women in the workforce and there's also such a thing as 'stay at home dads'.

Abortion and divorce are not directly tied to women having equality. That's a lame argument. They existed prior and the latter is hardly a clear cut issue anyway.

:thumb:

(What Oz said also)

chrysostom

Hall of Fame
They only care about the "liberal agenda"

All you have to do is look at the gubernatorial race in California.

The Republican candidate (Meg Whitman) was called a Whore by the Democratic canidate's staff person, and NOW said if it happend again, the person should be fired.

But then the head of the California NOW called Meg Whitman a whore, and NOW did nothing.

Just look at Sarah Palin. Where has NOW ever stood up for her?

I would say that NOW hates Republican woman more than they hate men.

Sarah Palin proves what they are all about

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
PS: Rusha, coffee with two sugars please and a bagel wouldn't go amiss....

:eek:

Sure thing ... can you catch them with your forehead? ;)

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
that is their argument not mine

surely you understand that

right?

IF abortion is directly tied to the women's movement, why do so many MEN support it?

Abortion has nothing to do with gender. It is about selfish adults not living up to their responsibilities.

Arthur Brain

that is their argument not mine

surely you understand that

right?

What do you mean by 'their' argument? You do understand that a militant faction of any given movement doesn't represent the whole.

right?

Plenty of men could care less about abortion so laying the blame predominantly on women is rather lame if that's what you're doing here.

Divorces happen for all manner of reasons, most of which have zero to do with 'feminism'.

:plain:

chrysostom

Hall of Fame
What do you mean by 'their' argument? You do understand that a militant faction of any given movement doesn't represent the whole.

right?

Plenty of men could care less about abortion so laying the blame predominantly on women is rather lame if that's what you're doing here.

Divorces happen for all manner of reasons, most of which have zero to do with 'feminism'.

:plain:

so what do you call these people who make sure the plank in the democratic party platform supports abortion in every possible way?

Arthur Brain

so what do you call these people who make sure the plank in the democratic party platform supports abortion in every possible way?

What would it matter what I called them? This thread isn't about the democratic party and you're just shifting the goalposts. Feminism itself is not about being pro abort. If it wasn't for the neanderthal attitude towards women that encouraged emancipation then the 'feminist movement' likely wouldn't have surfaced. So who's to blame for that? Oh. That would be men.

So tell us Chrys. Should women have been denied the vote? Should they be expected to stay at home and simply do the cooking and washing?

If you answer yes then you're actually to blame for why the movement you despise so much actually came into being. The irony.

chrysostom

Hall of Fame
What would it matter what I called them? This thread isn't about the democratic party and you're just shifting the goalposts. Feminism itself is not about being pro abort. If it wasn't for the neanderthal attitude towards women that encouraged emancipation then the 'feminist movement' likely wouldn't have surfaced. So who's to blame for that? Oh. That would be men.

So tell us Chrys. Should women have been denied the vote? Should they be expected to stay at home and simply do the cooking and washing?

If you answer yes then you're actually to blame for why the movement you despise so much actually came into being. The irony.

well I know what to call them
and
I know what to call you

a liberal

Ktoyou

Hall of Fame
The TheologyOnline.com TOPIC OF THE DAY for October 18th, 2010 10:07 AM

toldailytopic: The feminist movement.

Take the topic above and run with it! Slice it, dice it, give us your general thoughts about it. Everyday there will be a new TOL Topic of the Day.
If you want to make suggestions for the Topic of the Day send a Tweet to @toldailytopic or @theologyonline or send it to us via Facebook.

It all depends on what wave of feminism one is addressing. Second wave feminism, beyond the rights of a citizen and to vote, it gave me the right to work as a doctor of forensics and as a psychologist. This opens doors to running for state office, or even federal appointment. I should not have this right because I am a woman?:noway:

Now third wave feminism, the separatism and blatant hostility towards men is not my story! The idea is to be included, not to become the permanent other, this goes nowhere! Who Stole feminism? Ask Christina Hoff Sommers or read "Professing Feminism". It is not just a question on feminism, but at what time one asks the question.

Last edited:

chrysostom

Hall of Fame
It all depends on what wave of feminism one is addressing. Second wave feminism, beyond the rights of a citizen and to vote, it gave me the right to work as a doctor of forensics and as a psychologist. This opens doors to running for state office, or even federal appointment. I should not have this right because I am a woman?:noway:

Now third wave feminism, the separatism and blatant hostility towards men is not my story! The idea is to be included, not to become the permanent other, this gos nowhere! Who Stole feminism? Ask Christina Hoff Sommers or read "Professing Feminism". It is not just a question on feminism, but at what time one asks the question.

well we are asking it now

Status
Not open for further replies.