toldailytopic: The feminist movement.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
The TheologyOnline.com TOPIC OF THE DAY for October 18th, 2010 10:07 AM

toldailytopic: The feminist movement.

Take the topic above and run with it! Slice it, dice it, give us your general thoughts about it. Everyday there will be a new TOL Topic of the Day.
If you want to make suggestions for the Topic of the Day send a Tweet to @toldailytopic or @theologyonline or send it to us via Facebook.

chrysostom

Hall of Fame
thanks to the feminist movement we now have

no fault divorce
abortion on demand
and
day care centers

all in the name of equality

they have taken over the Democratic Party
and
together with the unions and the blacks and trial lawyers they have increased the government so now it is out of control

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
It's rather obvious that women's organizations such as NOW are just ultra-left-wing politically organizations that really don't care about women. They just care about advancing the liberal agenda.

WizardofOz

no fault divorce

On what grounds should a divorce be granted; minimally speaking?

day care centers

Women shouldn't work? This is all a quite natural result of the industrial revolution.

Do you have a problem with equality?

they have taken over the Democratic Party
and
together with the unions and the blacks and trial lawyers they have increased the government so now it is out of control

[/stale rhetoric]

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame

no fault divorce
abortion on demand
and
day care centers

On what basis should divorce be allowed? What is your issue with daycare centers?

How do divorce and daycare centers have anything to do with equality? Not every family has the luxury of having one parent who can stay at home. So ... the only other option would be to not pay the bills and provide shelter, food and clothing for the children ... or go on welfare.

You should be applauding parents who are willing to put in the hours outside of the home to meet the needs of their children.

WizardofOz

answer a question with a question

answer a question with a question

why don't you ask the feminists that?

:bang: She asked you. Why not answer a question for once in your life instead of dancing around with your one liner haiku?

Making more lines
doesn't
add substance.
That's
for sure.

bybee

Agreed!

Agreed!

It's rather obvious that women's organizations such as NOW are just ultra-left-wing politically organizations that really don't care about women. They just care about advancing the liberal agenda.

Sadly, I must agree with you. I believe we must all do our best to achieve equality for all persons in regard to civil justice. We ought to have equal opportunity based on talent and merit.
But to engage in pushing absolutes of equality to the extent that common sense is no longer in place is counter-productive. Because of the rabid, vociferous and parochial-minded feminists the cause of equality and the quality of life in America has suffered.

Nydhogg

Patriarchy and traditional social mores do no good to anybody.
Feminists helped in bringing the old pre-50s crap (social and sexual mores) down. For that I'm grateful.

Now far be it from me to deny that many feminist groups, just like environmentalist groups, are firmly rooted in moonbat territory.

But moonbats are a good thing, sorta. They fight the wingnuts so normal people don't have to.

Last edited:

chrysostom

Hall of Fame
Sadly, I must agree with you. I believe we must all do our best to achieve equality for all persons in regard to civil justice. We ought to have equal opportunity based on talent and merit.
But to engage in pushing absolutes of equality to the extent that common sense is no longer in place is counter-productive. Because of the rabid, vociferous and parochial-minded feminists the cause of equality and the quality of life in America has suffered.

so why do the other women remain silent while they push their agenda?

Nydhogg

Because their agenda, albeit far from ideal, is better than patriarchy.

Better than the notion that some religious rules should dictate whether people can divorce. Better than the notion that some religious rules should force women to submit to men.
Better than the notion that women should not have equal rights as men.
Better than the notion that women should be submsisive, dependent and kept idle as trophies or just for child-rearing and taking care of the home.

While most women do not agree with the moonbatty parts of the feminist agenda, there's enough non-moonbat stuff in the basic "feminist agenda" that WE TAKE FOR GRANTED NOWADAYS to justify women going along with the whole thing.

I obviously don't agree with the nuttiest parts of the agenda. While I fully support equal rights and overcoming provincial and puritanical social roles and mores, the devil is in the details.

I do not believe in affirmative action or the notion that State coercion should be used to enforce political correctness or to break whatever boogeyman (glass ceilings) is in vogue now.

I also do not believe than a man should be forced to pay child support if he has not access and visitation towards the kid in question. There is something fundamentally unfair with holding a man liable to the responsibilities of parenthood while denying him the rights thereof.

Last edited:

WizardofOz

NOW is just a large feminist organization, but it does not speak for "feminists" everywhere or even in America. Are they all "ultra-left-wing"?

And, I do think they care about women (rather than the "liberal agenda" whatever that is) but their policies are misguided.

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
And, I do think they care about women (rather than the "liberal agenda" whatever that is) but their policies are misguided.

They only care about the "liberal agenda"

All you have to do is look at the gubernatorial race in California.

The Republican candidate (Meg Whitman) was called a Whore by the Democratic canidate's staff person, and NOW said if it happend again, the person should be fired.

But then the head of the California NOW called Meg Whitman a whore, and NOW did nothing.

Just look at Sarah Palin. Where has NOW ever stood up for her?

I would say that NOW hates Republican woman more than they hate men.

Nydhogg

No-one likes the Quislings.

Socially conscious blacks are not supposed to defend Uncle Toms, we libertarians are not supposed to be nice to those who kowtow to authority, and certainly feminists are not supposed to defend women who support patriarchal agendas out of religious zealotry or ignorance.

WizardofOz

Let's get the facts straight mkay?

Let's get the facts straight mkay?

They only care about the "liberal agenda"

Which is?
All you have to do is look at the gubernatorial race in California.

Yes, let's.

The Republican candidate (Meg Whitman) was called a Whore by the Democratic canidate's staff person, and NOW said if it happend again, the person should be fired.

OK, NOW is defending a Republican woman who was the target of blatantly sexist language.

But then the head of the California NOW called Meg Whitman a whore, and NOW did nothing.

You're getting your quotes mixed up.
"Meg Whitman could be described as 'a political whore.' Yes, that's an accurate statement," Bellasalma said after a TPM blogger called to ask her about a story that appeared on the Daily Caller website.

There is a difference between a "whore" and a "political whore" that is significant enough for the latter to not be a sexist label.

See the difference?

If I call you an "attention whore", it doesn't mean you sleep around. It means you crave attention and will do anything to get it. Likewise, calling someone a "political whore" doesn't mean they sleep around, it means they will sell out for the vote.

That was easy, wasn't it?

Just look at Sarah Palin. Where has NOW ever stood up for her?

Why would/should they, just because of her anatomy? I think it takes more than that.
I would say that NOW hates Republican woman more than they hate men.

Then why did they defend Meg Whitman when sexist language was directed her way? If they hate her I doubt they would defend her. Don't you think?

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
so why do the other women remain silent while they push their agenda?

For the same reason people such as yourself remains silent when the patriarchal agenda is being pushed.

You have TONS to say about women who have taken feminism and twisted it into something it was never meant to be ... still yet, you remain silent for men who have abused their *head of household authority*.

Why is that?

Arthur Brain

Without the feminist movement women would still be deprived of the right to vote and likely be expected to be tied to the sink.

Granted there's zealous elements that go way overboard but in principle equality is a right which women should have had before the emancipation movement even got started.

There's nothing wrong with women in the workforce and there's also such a thing as 'stay at home dads'.

Abortion and divorce are not directly tied to women having equality. That's a lame argument. They existed prior and the latter is hardly a clear cut issue anyway.

PS: Rusha, coffee with two sugars please and a bagel wouldn't go amiss....

:eek:

Status
Not open for further replies.