toldailytopic: Shooting at the Arizona Safeway. How could we help prevent tragic even

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sherman

I identify as a Christian
Staff member
Administrator
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
anyway, as the saying goes "If you outlaw guns, only outlaws will have guns"

we can't lose our right to bear arms..

it is the right to defend ourselves against our enemies..

my remedy for bad mental health is to spend time with Jesus ..which is why we as a society.. have nut cases galore...

I have highlighted the very helpful solutions to our dilemma. I have removed the references to the Catholic church because it isn't just one denomination that is going to solve the problem. Have a new life in Jesus is what solves the problem, not a church denomination. In essence trading the bad life for a new life in Christ. ;)

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Even if he were an NRA member or a dyed in the wool Marxist, what possible difference would that make?
None. He would still be a nut!

That's why it's so comical that all the liberals are trying to paint this lunatic as a right winger.

The only difference in calling him a lefty would make is.... accuracy.

Jared Loughner is in fact a left winger so we should rightly call him what he is. If he were a right winger I wouldn't try to hide it. Heck, Tim McVeigh and Scott Roeder were both right wing nutballs and I certainly wasn't trying to claim they were left wingers because that would be irrational. Instead, they were lunatics from the right which is tragic just the same. But can we at least be accurate? Jared Loughner was a atheist commie.

Squishes

:rotfl: Oh my gosh... how do you guys sleep at night? Seriously???

It's rather obvious at this point that the guy was a flaming lefty, his favorite band was Anti-Flag for crying out loud.

:mock: Liberals

It isn't at all obvious.
He was nuts; that much is certain.

Sherman

I identify as a Christian
Staff member
Administrator
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Wikipedia even had Jared Loughner now listed under American Atheists. Some party pooper took it down even though the loser is atheist.

:mock:American Atheists

Granite

Hall of Fame
None. He would still be a nut!

That's why it's so comical that all the liberals are trying to paint this lunatic as a right winger.

The only difference in calling him a lefty would make is.... accuracy.

Jared Loughner is in fact a left winger so we should rightly call him what he is. If he were a right winger I wouldn't try to hide it. Heck, Tim McVeigh and Scott Roeder were both right wing nutballs and I certainly wasn't trying to claim they were left wingers because that would be irrational. Instead, they were lunatics from the right which is tragic just the same. But can we at least be accurate? Jared Loughner was a atheist commie.

Again, his "opinions," as much as an apparent head case and possible schizophrenic can have them, are scattered, inconsistent, and incoherent. I don't see anything saw far that suggests he's either overtly right or left wing; he does seem obviously nuts, and from there, I'm not sure how reliable or representative his political views are at all. There is nothing to suggest at this point that he was either a right or left winger and labels like that are misleading and meaningless anyway.

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
I don't see anything saw far that suggests he's either overtly right or left wing
Really?

His friends describe him as a "left wing pot head" and "very liberal".

One of his favorite bands was Anti-Flag (commie lefty band to the EXTREME!!)

Loughner himself said his favorite books were Karl Marx's "The Communist Manifesto" and Adolf Hitler's "Mein Kampf".

What more evidence do you need?

Granite

Hall of Fame
His friends describe him as a "left wing pot head" and "very liberal".

He's also been described as mentally troubled and verbally confused. Assuming that this guy's mentally ill, which seems like a safe bet, why would his political views--such as they are, assuming he even understood them--matter at all? The difference between this guy and, say, McVeigh is that McVeigh was coherent and sane (depraved as he may have been). Loughner looks and sounds like a flat out lunatic.

One of his favorite bands was Anti-Flag (commie lefty band to the EXTREME!!)

Never heard of them, can't say. (Sure sounds like it from the name, though.) Divining someone's political views based on their music? Ummm...well, I guess that people who like psychedelic rock or music from the Sixties and Seventies would all be leftists, drug users, or potential members of the Weather Underground. Or that everyone who appreciates jazz is a pothead, or that all grunge fans don't vote and shoot heroin.

Loughner himself said his favorite books were Karl Marx's "The Communist Manifesto" and Adolf Hitler's "Mein Kampf".

Wrong: he mentioned them among his favorite books, along with 1984, Animal Farm, Fahrenheit 451, and Peter Pan. None of this "proves" a thing, other than he had (somewhat) eclectic taste.

Trying to shoehorn Loughner into a "liberal" or "conservative" category doesn't help a thing or prove a thing. Based on the hodgepodge of his opinions on the gold standard, mind control, and the like, it appears as though his insanity makes any attempt to categorize his political beliefs moot.

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Trying to shoehorn Loughner into a "liberal" or "conservative" category doesn't help a thing or prove a thing. Based on the hodgepodge of his opinions on the gold standard, mind control, and the like, it appears as though his insanity makes any attempt to categorize his political beliefs moot.
You crack me up. Talk about denial!

Let me ask you this...

Based on what we actually know about Jared Loughner is it more likely he leaned to the left, or to the right?

If you had to place a bet... where would you put your money?

Granite

Hall of Fame
You crack me up. Talk about denial!

Let me ask you this...

Based on what we actually know about Jared Loughner is it more likely he leaned to the left, or to the right?

If you had to place a bet... where would you put your money?

Neither. That's the point, Knight. This isn't a black-white Manichean either-or. The guy's gleaned from both sides of the spectrum, doesn't seem to have understood much of what he's claimed to have read, and his political views are a barely-coherent hodge podge. He's a loon, he's not a "liberal" or "conservative." Labels like that are bogus anyway, and they're not applicable to this tragedy at all.

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Some of Jared Loughner's favorite musical lyrics....

Free Nation? - by Anti-Flag

State official talks of freedom
THEY-TALK!
In this country that we live in
THEY-TALK!
Free to be harassed and be beaten by the pigs
YOUR RIGHTS? NO RIGHTS!
Till you're f------ broken, crippled, or until you're f------ DEAD!

YEAH!

They pass laws unfair to gays
THEIR-WORK
And separatist laws to keep the non-whites in their place
THEIR-WORK
Family values as a smoke screen blowing in your face
THEIR TRUTH? NO TRUTH!
Family values isn't something that shouldn't be based on hate

Based on hate...

Justice presides over them, late into the night,
A blind fold covering their eyes, but something isn't right...
Under their arms, there are shackles on her legs
And the hands that once held up her scales are bound,
Are bound in chains!
Bound in chains...

And behind their closed door, they conspire through the night
MORE WORK? SICK WORK!
And they won't stop until this nation is all straight and all white!

NO!!

They call it a free nation... but all it is, is A NAZI NATION!!!​

Status
Not open for further replies.