toldailytopic: Shooting at the Arizona Safeway. How could we help prevent tragic even

Status
Not open for further replies.

Granite

Hall of Fame
:) Actually I considered it more along the lines of ironic that the evil teaparty crosshairs turned out to be USGS icons while the bullseyes used by the Democratic maps are actual archery/target bullseyes....available in any archery or firearm target range.

.....after all the fussing by the Dems about this map ya gotta appreciate the irony. :chuckle:

I don't see much "irony," considering what happened in Tucson. Anyone who thinks a gunsight wasn't intended to be evoked is numb or something else.

lightbringer

TOL Subscriber
:) Actually I considered it more along the lines of ironic that the evil teaparty crosshairs turned out to be USGS icons while the bullseyes used by the Democratic maps are actual archery/target bullseyes....available in any archery or firearm target range.

.....after all the fussing by the Dems about this map ya gotta appreciate the irony. :chuckle:

:doh: That bulls eye was tormenting me...looked familiar but couldn't remember why..Archery!

I do shoot cross bows but use the targets I have for my rifles and pistols...I'll have to look closer next time I go to the store.

Sorry for my incorrect statement earlier!

The Barbarian

BANNED
Banned
But the left is so tolerant.

As I pointed out, the left has the same problem as the right in this regard. Don't remember any of those wackos running for vice president, though.

So it's not quite symmetrical, is it?

Alate_One

Golly, I never thought to read the whole 2nd Amendment! :yawn:

Go back, look at historical context and the way words and grammar were used and understood by the framers of the Constitution, and then try again.

So you've done all this research and come to the conclusion that EVERYONE should have a gun? Please explain why this isn't referring to state militias? (Mind you I like guns, and enjoyed seeing the right to own one upheld)

This is a dead issue since the Supreme Court has handed down their decision on this, The 2nd. Amendment, and they don't seem to agree with you!
So I guess that means Roe V. Wade is a "dead issue" too . . .could have fooled most of us on this site!

But no actually I don't have a huge problem with the ruling, I just don't think it actually reflects what the constitution says. But the ruling does actually agree with my personal views.

lightbringer

TOL Subscriber
So you've done all this research and come to the conclusion that EVERYONE should have a gun? Please explain why this isn't referring to state militias? (Mind you I like guns, and enjoyed seeing the right to own one upheld)

So I guess that means Roe V. Wade is a "dead issue" too . . .could have fooled most of us on this site!

But no actually I don't have a huge problem with the ruling, I just don't think it actually reflects what the constitution says. But the ruling does actually agree with my personal views.

I'm sure you understand why we have a Supreme Court.

Yes, they both are dead issues unless someone is able to get the Supreme Court to rescind their decision, thereby requiring a new finding.

Alate_One

I'm sure you understand why we have a Supreme Court.

Yes, they both are dead issues unless someone is able to get the Supreme Court to rescind their decision, thereby requiring a new finding.
They're not dead issues until the vast majority of society comes to accept them. In the case of abortion there's a very significant portion of people that vote almost purely to have the decision rescinded.

The 3/5ths rule is a *dead* issue.

lightbringer

TOL Subscriber
And you can beat your head against the wall all you want.

Sorry if you didn't like the decision!

Legal is legal, illegal is illegal.

Nydhogg

True.

I'm an advocate of civil disobedience. You know that :p.
Unjust laws should not be obeyed nor enforced.

Any authoritarian law is prima facie unjust.

Todah

I think it was all the talk about homosexuality that sent Jared Loughner over the edge, and was the cause of him shooting and killing so many people. Especially the repeal of DADT in the military.

Think about it DADT is overturned, and less than thirty days later, this disturbed individual, shoots a bunch of people who have nothing to do with any of it.

I think it is incumbent upon all politicians to immediately stop the rhetoric, concerning what is done in the privacy of one's bedroom.

Thus from now on I submit the end to any and all efforts to further change any laws regarding homosexuality. That word, and words like it must be removed from all media outlets, and political discussion. It has just gone too far, and for the safety of all citizens, and to stop others on the mental edge from going over it, into violence; DADT must be reinstated immediately, since it was the last act subsequent to this cowards rampage, and obviously precipitated it.

I hope some brave, really brave,OK incredibly brave politician, has the guts to propose a bill banning all homosexuality speech, from this day forward. I think it is incumbent upon all of us to unify in this common purpose, immediately, to allow the healing to begin.

Feel free to pick up your own political cause to exploit the death of six people and the wounding of many others, at the hands of a left leaning, liberal, murdering, coward.

The people who are doing this, disgust me, and are betraying all of us, for their own personal grudges, and political gain.

This Charming Manc

Feel free to pick up your own political cause to exploit the death of six people and the wounding of many others, at the hands of a left leaning, liberal, murdering, coward.

No need seems like you have.

The people who are doing this, disgust me, and are betraying all of us, for their own personal grudges, and political gain.

I would agree.

Granite

Hall of Fame
I think it was all the talk about homosexuality that sent Jared Loughner over the edge, and was the cause of him shooting and killing so many people. Especially the repeal of DADT in the military.

Think about it DADT is overturned, and less than thirty days later, this disturbed individual, shoots a bunch of people who have nothing to do with any of it.

I think it is incumbent upon all politicians to immediately stop the rhetoric, concerning what is done in the privacy of one's bedroom.

Thus from now on I submit the end to any and all efforts to further change any laws regarding homosexuality. That word, and words like it must be removed from all media outlets, and political discussion. It has just gone too far, and for the safety of all citizens, and to stop others on the mental edge from going over it, into violence; DADT must be reinstated immediately, since it was the last act subsequent to this cowards rampage, and obviously precipitated it.

I hope some brave, really brave,OK incredibly brave politician, has the guts to propose a bill banning all homosexuality speech, from this day forward. I think it is incumbent upon all of us to unify in this common purpose, immediately, to allow the healing to begin.

I love me some good satire.:noid:

Status
Not open for further replies.