toldailytopic: Shooting at the Arizona Safeway. How could we help prevent tragic even

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alate_One

You mean like this?
Obama was speaking rhetorically, quite similar to the Sarah Palin picture and not a good idea.

ABC, NBC, CBS, CNN, never made much about this?
It's just some guy. . . . and? There are nutters everywhere. I'm talking public officials and members of the media.

How about this?

And I don’t care how this gets painted by the mainstream media. I don’t care if this shows up on YouTube, because I am convinced that the most important thing the founding fathers did to ensure me my First Amendment rights was they gave me a Second Amendment. And if ballots don’t work, bullets will. I’ve never in my life thought that the day would come where I would tell individual citizens that you are responsible for being the militia that the founding fathers designed – they were very specific. You need to be prepared to fight tyranny: whether it comes from outside or it comes from inside.

Source and video here

Talk about direct incitement to violence . . .

Sherman

I identify as a Christian
Staff member
Administrator
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I wonder of Loughner fried his brains on dope and that is what turned him into a nut job. All more reason not to legalize recreational drugs.

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Talk about direct incitement to violence . . .
Uh... Joyce Kaufman? Who the heck is that?

But none of this even matters because the shooter is now known to be a left wing fanatic. So why do you continue to point fingers at the right regarding this tragedy? You still don't get it do you? We know Jared Loughner is a left wing lunatic, that's a fact. And the more you keep pointing fingers at the right just makes you look like a moron.

Sherman

Staff member
Administrator
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame

But none of this even matters because the shooter is now known to be a left wing fanatic. So why do you continue to point fingers at the right regarding this tragedy? You still don't get it do you? We know Jared Loughner is a left wing lunatic, that's a fact. And the more you keep pointing fingers at the right just makes you look like a moron.

Seems when the evidence isn't in their favor, the lefties put cotton in their ears and blinders on their eyes and they start chanting the mantra, "A right wing nut job did it, a right wing nut job did it". :hammer:

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
I wonder of Loughner fried his brains on dope and that is what turned him into a nut job. All more reason not to legalize recreational drugs.
It's funny isn't it?

Based on what we know to be true about Jared Loughner the media could blame....

- Marijuana
- Atheism
- Left wing politics
- The public school system
- The occult

I'm not asserting that any of those things were the cause (I'm not denying it either) but we know for a fact that the shooter was a product of all those things. The shooter had no connection or allegiance to Sara Palin yet that's who some folks blaming, well... her and Rush Limbaugh. :kookoo:

Alate_One

A radio host that was fired for her statements.

As has been pointed out by a half dozen others, it isn't clear he's a "leftie" of any sort. He seems to be interested in any extreme. Also, FYI mein kampf isn't "left".

Sherman

Staff member
Administrator
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
It's funny isn't it?

Based on what we know to be true about Jared Loughner the media could blame....

- Marijuana
- Atheism
- Left wing politics
- The public school system
- The occult

My opinion of the above highlighted is growing less and less. I am a member on another board dominated by people who are left wing and love drugs and are steeped in the occult. How they treat people who disagree with them is appalling. People who dissent get shouldered off the board. I am not too impressed with Atheism either. It puts a hard edge on a person.

Last edited by a moderator:

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
A radio host that was fired for her statements.
Never heard of her.

As has been pointed out by a half dozen others, it isn't clear he's a "leftie" of any sort.
:rotfl: You are a blind fool.

From those that knew him closely....
"As I knew him he was left wing, quite liberal and oddly obsessed with the 2012 prophecy." - Caitie Parker

The Barbarian

BANNED
Banned
We know Jared Loughner is a left wing lunatic, that's a fact.

Yeah, we see a lot of those left wingers calling for a return to the Gold standard, and touting "Mein Kampf." :freak:

You betcha. He's an idiot, and we don't yet know much more, but...

WASHINGTON -- Jared Lee Loughner, the alleged shooter of Rep. Gabrielle Giffords and others on Saturday, may have ties to anti-Semitic, anti-immigration hate group American Renaissance, according to a "a law enforcement memo based on information provided by DHS," Fox News reported. A DHS official told the Washington Post on Monday the agency has not officially provided information on Loughner to any law enforcement officials, but may have done so unofficially...The group considers its members to be "racial-realists," according to an "About Us" section on the American Renaissance magazine website. "Attempts to gloss over the significance of race or even to deny its reality only make problems worse," the group writes. "Progress requires the study of all aspects of race, whether historical, cultural, or biological. This approach is known as race realism."

The pseudo-science in the magazine refers to biological superiority of whites, with titles such as "Swine Flu: Is There a Racial Link?" and "Ignoring Biological Reality Means Social and Economic Catastrophe." After President Barack Obama was elected in 2008, the magazine ran a feature called "Transition to Black Rule?"

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/01/09/jared-loughner-youtube-videos-_n_806370.html

Sharon Angle that notoriously left-leaning tea partier, suggested the tactic:

"I hope that's not where we're going, but, you know, if this Congress keeps going the way it is, people are really looking toward those Second Amendment remedies and saying my goodness what can we do to turn this country around? I'll tell you the first thing we need to do is take Harry Reid out."

Really, Knight, my guess is that this guy is a bundle of wacko ideas, some left, some right, and none remotely connected to reality. But maybe not. I'd say it would be a good time to be real careful on the subject.

Ktoyou

Hall of Fame
I meant pistols.

Typically people refer to a semi-automatic pistol as a handgun and to a revolver as a revolver.

That's why I said it that way. I'm sorry if I looked like an idiot.

I do not think you are an idiot, we all learn new information daily. It is when someone refuses to stand corrected, then the word applies.

Handgun includes all weapons held in the hand, both automatic pistols and revolvers. Even pistol, for some might be a revolver, see here.
"The word "pistol" is often synonymous with the word "handgun". Some handgun experts make a technical distinction that views pistols as a subset of handguns. Sometimes in American usage, the term "pistol" refers to a handgun whose chamber is integral with the barrel, making pistols distinct from the other main type of handgun,"

Not that this distinction is as basic as the other. Now you know. ;)

Alate_One

Never heard of her.
That is no evidence there aren't crazy people with guns that have listened to her and believed her.

From those that knew him closely....
"As I knew him he was left wing, quite liberal and oddly obsessed with the 2012 prophecy." - Caitie Parker
I don't think anyone knew him *closely*.
As I said, his politics are clearly confused, his youtube postings make that obvious.

Sherman

Staff member
Administrator
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
The things that Loughner was involved in did help his craziness any. Mental illness has been on the rise in the past 40 years. That does have a direct correlation with removing prayer and the bible from schools and replacing it with evolution. Kids grow up thinking they descended from a blob. They are taught to think they are a blight on the environment instead of created in the Image of God. What does that do to a child's self image? Sorry Athiests, teaching the child that is he doesn't have a special place in creation does not help make him a better citizen. Taking God out of the picture has hurt America.

To reduce the number of crazies, we should put God back in the schools and teach children that they are valued. Throw out Planned Parenthood. Close its doors forever. Quite giving kids condoms and teach them personal responsibility instead.

The problems that led to this shooting and the school shootings that have happened took time to develop. Fixing it will take a while too. We can begin by putting God back into our educational institutions.

*gets off her soapbox*

Wunderhund

How does the mainstream media sleep at night? If you watch NBC, ABC, CBS, CNN, etc you would think the shooter was a right wing nutball instead of the left wing wacko that he really was.

It's amazing how irresponsible the mainstream media is.

They tried it with Timothy McVeigh. First they blamed Rush Limbaugh and when that did not work they blamed the right. Even after McVeigh stated he blew up the fed building in OKC due to his anger over Waco, TX and Ruby Ridge, they continued their rhetoric.

elohiym

"You know what would make everyone freer? If we forced everyone to carry guns on them, even if they don't want to."

Really?

:think: And if we really wanted to be draconian we could force everyone to carry M-60 machine guns with 300 rounds of ammo criss-crossing their chests, and every third round needs to be a tracer to keep things really interesting.

TomO

Get used to it.
Hall of Fame
:think: And if we really wanted to be draconian we could force everyone to carry M-60 machine guns with 300 rounds of ammo criss-crossing their chests, and every third round needs to be a tracer to keep things really interesting.

Toting that around could get heavy. :think:

Sherman

Staff member
Administrator
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Some will claim that Loughner is anti abortion when nothing could be further from the truth. Here is a quote about the incident involving a girl's poem about her having an abortion:

"A girl had written a poem about an abortion. It was very emotional and she was teary eyed and he said something about strapping a bomb to the fetus and making a baby bomber," Ali said.
This is not a prolife statement, but a sick deranged joke from a twisted mind. Goes to show how the spin doctors twist things to make him look antiabortion.

page--->http://abcnews.go.com/Blotter/jared...fords-shooter-school/story?id=12575278&page=2

Status
Not open for further replies.