toldailytopic: Is it no longer immoral to smoke marijuana now that it is being legali

bybee

It is not now nor has it ever been immoral to smoke pot.

To smoke pot is a neutral act, neither moral nor immoral.

But, if it causes one to do that which ought not to be done or to leave undone that which ought to be done, then, it becomes an issue of morality.

jeremysdemo

I guess cutting lines into ones forearms to let the blood out is not immoral either....

destroying ones body takes on many forms of "neutral acts".....:think:

keep shinin

jerm :cool:

This Charming Manc

As a one time pot smoker I would beg to differ, smoking pot meant my mouth ran off with itself.

Usually there is piece of my brain that filters ideas that pop into my head and I make a judgement call on whether things should or should not be said.

When I was stoned it still worked it just was not connected to my mouth and seemed to work with time lag, so I worked out I shouldn't say something 30 seconds after I had said it.

So even before I had returned to faith I ditched the pot because I preferred friends.

It is not now nor has it ever been immoral to smoke pot.

rocketman

Resident Rocket Surgeon
Hall of Fame

toldailytopic: Is it no longer immoral to smoke marijuana now that it is being legalized?

"Legal" does not = "moral".

It's "legal" to murder an infant in the womb. But it's not "moral".

Well said Tambora! :thumb:

Silent Hunter

To smoke pot is a neutral act, neither moral nor immoral.
Most of what we do day-to-day fits this category.

But, if it causes one to do that which ought not to be done or to leave undone that which ought to be done, then, it becomes an issue of morality.
. . . or . . . if it causes one to not do that which ought not be done or to leave undone that which ought to be undone then that's ok . . . ;).

Last edited:

aCultureWarrior

BANNED
Banned
LIFETIME MEMBER
The legality of something has nothing to do with the morality of that something.

Tell that to the 1/2 of the American people who after abortion and homosexuality have become legal, believe that both aren't immoral.

I thought that I taught you long ago that the law is a moral teaching; like most Libertarians, you never listen.

Dena

destroying ones body takes on many forms of "neutral acts".....:think:

I personally don't believe destroying one's body is immoral. Inconsiderate of those who love you and unethical if you expect someone else to pay for your medical care but not immoral. That being said, reasonable use of marijuana is not going to destroy the body. Therefore your argument is moot.

jeremysdemo

I personally don't believe destroying one's body is immoral. Inconsiderate of those who love you and unethical if you expect someone else to pay for your medical care but not immoral. That being said, reasonable use of marijuana is not going to destroy the body. Therefore your argument is moot.

I would suggest you take a tour of the cancer wing in your nearest hospital.

they might even have a few black lungs on display all from "reasonable use" of smokers....their bodies were in great shape!

it was what was on the inside of them however that killed them. :)

As I stated originally here, my personal belief is the Body to be a Temple for the Lord (a little more detail about that process here), I do however understand that not everyone holds the same belief.

I don't think my point is any more mute that anyone else, people with different beliefs tend to have different traditions, neither one has to be correct or incorrect, they are simply different approaches to life.

I want to make it clear, I say it is immoral for me based on my own experience, and would never put anyone else under any law prohibiting them from smoking pot, neither would I want one on myself, in fact I am very politically involved in rescinding these laws in the US and promoting education about the benefits of marijuana consumption, neither do I judge those whom smoke pot as sinners, that is between them and the Spirit.

keep shinin

Dena

I would suggest you take a tour of the cancer wing in your nearest hospital.

I am there every week.

they might even have a few black lungs on display all from "reasonable use" of smokers....their bodies were in great shape!

A cigarette smoker is going to be smoking more than once a day or a few times a week. And I'm fairly certain Knight did not intend this thread to be about smoking only. It's about morality of marijuana use in general. If smoking is the reason you believe it to be immoral then you don't actually find marijuana use immoral, you find smoke inhalation to be immoral.

jeremysdemo

A cigarette smoker is going to be smoking more than once a day or a few times a week. And I'm fairly certain Knight did not intend this thread to be about smoking only.
well the title is certainly misleading then :)
It's about morality of marijuana use in general. If smoking is the reason you believe it to be immoral then you don't actually find marijuana use immoral, you find smoke inhalation to be immoral.
I thought I made that rather clear in my last post that had all the links to my previous post, along with stating my efforts to educate people on the benefits of marijuana consumption.....

did you read any of my post?

keep shinin

Dena

well the title is certainly misleading then :)

Eh, I think people just picture marijuana being smoked and don't think about the other ways to use it.

I thought I made that rather clear in my last post that had all the links to my previous post, along with stating my efforts to educate people on the benefits of marijuana consumption.....

Well, I was a little confused as it seemed before you were fine with it. Perhaps you should have been clear in this thread that your issue is with smoking, not marijuana.

jeremysdemo

Eh, I think people just picture marijuana being smoked and don't think about the other ways to use it.

that is probably true.
Well, I was a little confused as it seemed before you were fine with it. Perhaps you should have been clear in this thread that your issue is with smoking, not marijuana.

well if my issue is with smoking, it is with marijuana smoking as well.

my very first post in the thread talked about the harm it does to the body in direct response to the question about "smoking" it, along with declaring my biblical view of it's use as food and medicine.

Honestly I don't know how I could have made it more clear, but I will try in the future to do better.

keep shinin

jeremysdemo

HEy no problem Dena,

it's nice just to talk to someone around here sometimes, even if it is only to clear up a misunderstanding of one another.

keep shinin

bybee

that is probably true.

well if my issue is with smoking, it is with marijuana smoking as well.

my very first post in the thread talked about the harm it does to the body in direct response to the question about "smoking" it, along with declaring my biblical view of it's use as food and medicine.

Honestly I don't know how I could have made it more clear, but I will try in the future to do better.

keep shinin

I am opposed to smoking of any kind due to its eventual deleterious effects on the body.
I am opposed to over indulgence in food due to its eventual deleterious effects on the body.

Letsargue

Is it no longer immoral to smoke marijuana now that it is being legalized?

YEs it is still immoral,

anything that defiles the Temple (our bodies) is sin.

we can take that principle to any level of extreme, as many people of faith have unhealthy habits of consumption and our knowledge about what is good or bad for the body is constantly increasing/changing.

it's up to the Spirit tho, to convict us of sin, John 16:8, not any law or precept of man, in fact mans laws often go against what God has given, in this case every seed bearing plant for food, Genesis 1:29.

keep shinin

Breathing God's air if one is not a Christian is just as sinful!!

Paul -- 121312

Dena

I am opposed to smoking of any kind due to its eventual deleterious effects on the body.
I am opposed to over indulgence in food due to its eventual deleterious effects on the body.

So overindulgence in pot brownies would be out too? :chuckle:

Quincy

I agree with you bybee though I have to admit to loving food. Food loves me, we have a thing :chuckle: .