toldailytopic: Is getting a divorce immoral?

highlife

When a spouse dies there is noting immoral about getting remairred.

But when you divorce one spouse and marry another you are (most likely) guilty of adultery according to scripture.

Scripture talks about divorce and it is not considered a good thing. But scripture has even stronger words against get remarried.

Depends on the situation. Your myopic view of mathew 19 probably hurts alot of people. We all know its not ideal but to call it adultry for all cases is disingenuous at best. It is imparitive that we look at the audiance that Jesus was talking to and their beliefs on divorce and remarriage. I agree it is unfortunate that the bible does not list out verbatim all the possible scenarios where divorce and remarraige is valid but we can use common sense. I do not feel as if I commited adultry when my ex wife decided to no longer full fill her marital duties so I divorced her and remarried, had she not continually sinned against me I would not have divorced.

ThePresbyteers

...In the OT Duet God said it is an abomination to go back to your old wife once you have divorced and remarryed, so whats done is done, thoes that teach that you should divorce your remarried wife and go back to your first wife are teaching an abomination.
I know many don't like Pat Roberson but on TV, he answered a caller and told the divorced/remarried man to go back to his old wife just like that.

HisServant

I know many don't like Pat Roberson but on TV, he answered a caller and told the divorced/remarried man to go back to his old wife just like that.

He's a false teacher.. not sure why anyone would give him the time of day anymore.

He also has a very juvenile view of scripture.

ThePresbyteers

Thats why pat robinson has no credibility, same with that dr phill guy. They are both clowns.
Folks still blast Pat for saying that God told him it's ok for a married couple to divorce if she or he have alzheimers. He somewhat claims that alzheimers is the same is dead or some sort of the living dead. I wonder if he regreted saying that.

highlife

Folks still blast Pat for saying that God told him it's ok for a married couple to divorce if she or he have alzheimers. He somewhat claims that alzheimers is the same is dead or some sort of the living dead. I wonder if he regreted saying that.

In that case it depends, if your spouse is so far gone that they have to be in a care facility and they dont remember who you are and are calling the cops on you then you might have to move on. Of course by that time I would be so old that I may not have any desire for another woman and would just pursue other interests.

Though that would probably be a tough situation.

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame
How about a husband who divorces a wife who stops putting out ...... ooooohhhhhh .......... no death penalty, no jail time lol. So its ok to abuse the husband lol. Thats why some guys cheat and have no issues with it, they are stuck with a kid and a prude wife who will take him to the cleaners if he divorces her for her neglectful abuse and prudishness. THE issue is women dont have legal accountability in a marriage, yet if a man abuses his wife he will be crucified.

Can you hear that slurping sound as the churchs credibility circles the drain and why guys dont like church lol.

Most guys cheating aren't doing it because their wife isn't putting out.

highlife

Most guys cheating aren't doing it because their wife isn't putting out.

Either that or they are not doing a particular sex act and the husband is getting it elsewhere. I will agree that husbands that cheat even though they are totally being fulfilled at home is a really rotten deal.

The thing is there is little sympathy for a husband with a prude wife and there is absoltuly zero legal accountability if it results in a divorce.

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame
Either that or they are not doing a particular sex act and the husband is getting it elsewhere. I will agree that husbands that cheat even though they are totally being fulfilled at home is a really rotten deal.

The thing is there is little sympathy for a husband with a prude wife and there is absoltuly zero legal accountability if it results in a divorce.

Thats pretty telling.

Lighthouse

The Dark Knight
Gold Subscriber
Hall of Fame

highlife

Thats pretty telling.

Its simply a fact, a fact that men are crucified for. A woman does not have to answer in any way shape or form for her prudishness, and a man who wants to divorce for an unsatisfied sex life is deemed a pervert.

You wonder why alot of men dont want to attend church or possibly cheat. I understand there are other reasons men cheat but women have almost no accountability for one of their most critial rolls in marriage, providing their husband sexual fullfillment.

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame
Its simply a fact, a fact that men are crucified for. A woman does not have to answer in any way shape or form for her prudishness, and a man who wants to divorce for an unsatisfied sex life is deemed a pervert.

You wonder why alot of men dont want to attend church or possibly cheat. I understand there are other reasons men cheat but women have almost no accountability for one of their most critial rolls in marriage, providing their husband sexual fullfillment.

Based on that, i would say for the purposes of this thread, that thats a good example of an immoral divorce.

bybee

Based on that, i would say for the purposes of this thread, that thats a good example of an immoral divorce.

And if the husband has an insatiable need for sex?
To refer to sex between married person's as "putting out" is rather coarse and betrays an attitude of entitlement.

highlife

Im saying its not immoral for a husband to divorce a wife over defrauding, however, most churches would crucify a man over that and he would have no legal protections.

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame

You did her a favor when you divorced her.

Arthur Brain

Im saying its not immoral for a husband to divorce a wife over defrauding, however, most churches would crucify a man over that and he would have no legal protections.

Do you think wives are supposed to provide sex on tap or something?

:AMR: